Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,285 members, 7,881,064 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:44 AM

Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad (43888 Views)

Coronavirus: FG Blocks Five Governors From Flying Out Of Nigeria / Coronavirus: FG Starts Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households - Farouk / Coronavirus: FG Tracing 4,370 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by zikter(m): 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
Okuda:

why would anybody want to come back to Nigeria because of a pandemic that did not shutdown the economies of their host nation? so person go just leave him family, job, car, life for abroad come back to nigeria because of what exactly?
some times it is good to think deeply when you read a piece before condemning. Don't you think people go abroad for holidays, businesses and other things? Is everyone living there? Some may be genuinely trapped and have no way to come home. Again, for you to justify your one sided or myopic opinion, you forget that diaspora is not only Europe and USA, or any greener pastures countries. There are Countries that Nigeria is doing far better than, and Nigerians are in those Countries. Do not just conclude. Remember it is for those willing to come home and no one is forced.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by kurlz(f): 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
DCmonster:
Lmao! I can't imagine myself boarding a plane during this Corona season to come and dwell among afonja mooslims and zombies. I will rather die here than in a shithole. grin grin

Immediately I saw the head line I started laughing I don't know of why ahhahahaha

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Infinity55(m): 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
I am laughing and swallowing at once please make somebody carry water come
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by ruffDiamond: 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
DCmonster:
Lmao! I can't imagine myself boarding a plane during this Corona season to come and dwell among afonja mooslims and zombies. I will rather die here than in a shithole. grin grin
wereh ni e olohun! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by olaadesino(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
Please stay there, your coming to Nigeria will worsening the situation at hand
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by abbey621(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
sammyscholar:
You must not condemn everything!

The United States also told its citizens who are willing to be evacuated from Nigeria to be ready to foot the bills. So it's not out of place for the government to ask Nigerians abroad to be ready to bear the cost if they are willing to come back to the country.

My only problem is if this wouldn't skyrocket the number of COVID-19 cases in Nigeria. It might be disastrous if our health care system is ever overwhelmed.

Indeed, I have a mixed feeling about this move by the government.

Bullshit.....Evacuation cost is coverd by the government, it is part of the stimulus package just passed by Congress and signed by Trump.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by ruffDiamond: 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
Evacuate to where? SHITHOLE? Lol, unless dem two horns for head, BUBU no care o
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lostz:
malaria? Is that not a symptom of covik one nine?grin

You stay indoors? You don't have friends or people you can visit in your neighborhood?.

I reject covid 19 in Jesus name.

No...I don't have friends. I'm a loner. I'll rather be by myself than keep friends.
The only ones I still manage to visit are my siblings. They stay a bit far and I don't want to risk the journey.

Boredom is just eating me up.
I even created a dairy for this sit-at-home challenge on how I've been spending this lockdown.

I'm tired.
The drugs I took are weighing me down. Maybe cos I'm not used to taking drugs. Just had to take it.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Favour22amaka(f): 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
There was a country. Very funny.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Okuda(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
zikter:
some times it is good to think deeply when you read a piece before condemning. Don't you think people go abroad for holidays, businesses and other things? Is everyone living there? Some may be genuinely trapped and have no way to come home. Again, for you to justify your one sided or myopic opinion, you forget that diaspora is not only Europe and USA, or any greener pastures countries. There are Countries that Nigeria is doing far better than, and Nigerians are in those Countries. Do not just conclude. Remember it is for those willing to come home and no one is forced.

when it comes to standard of living there is no country nigeria is doing better than. have you forgotten nigeria's death rate has been compared to war torn areas as Yemen and syria? it seems you do not understand what shithole is. with that being said, i agree with the rest of ypur point but that does not mean that was what Abike meant. the last time she had sense was when she was still at N T A.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Fixed: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Evacuate West and north and allow others rest.

Effect of not reading before posting.

The evacuation is for bringing Nigerians living abroad back home. To think some people already liked your post.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by tkbrains: 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
Jamesrock:
Fry pan to fire
kie, walahi, talahi
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by tkbrains: 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
Jamesrock:
Fry pan to fire
kahi, walahi, talahi
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
J
Jewessgratitudd:

I reject covid 19 in Jesus name.

No...I don't have friends. I'm a loner. I'll rather be by myself than keep friends.
The only ones I still manage to visit are my siblings. They stay a bit far and I don't want to risk the journey.

Boredom is just eating me up.
I even created a dairy for this sit-at-home challenge in how I've been spending this lockdown.

I'm tired.
tired when it just started? You are in Lagos where it may last months.

I am not staying indoors o. This is an opportunity to feel the environment without the normal everyday rush.

You can go for a walk instead of lying on that bed everyday.
I won't be able to sleep at night if I spend the whole day indoors
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Rincrys: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Fixed: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
AirFireEarthH20:
They should evacuate only Afonja Ewedu Muslims and their masters up North and leave the better south alone. We are not interested

It doesn't cost much to read before posting.

The evacuation is for bringing Nigerians living abroad back home. To think some people already liked your post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Germi9: 8:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
bestman09:
grin

She, however, said that the MFA had instructed that “the financial implications will be borne by the prospective evacuees, who will be compulsorily quarantined when they returned”.

Do these people really care about the citizens?

Ok I thought I was the only one that saw that statement..Everybody wants to talk in the government, Noisemakers
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by hmohammed(m): 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
DCmonster:

Then die there please. You prefer to stay in regions where the death toll is high all because of hatred for the presidio. Na wa oooo
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lostz:
J tired when it just started? You are in Lagos where it may last months.

I am not staying indoors o. This is an opportunity to feel the environment without the normal everyday rush.

You can go for a walk instead of lying on that bed everyday.
I won't be able to sleep at night if I spend the whole day indoors

Yeah. Twinny also suggested going for a walk when we spoke yesterday. I do only at night. In fact I just got back from a short stroll now.

Maybe when I'm much stronger, I'll go for a walk. For now, all my body craves for is rest.

Thanks.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Carlyboi(m): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
obembet:
Let see who go follow una come na
But wait tho....obembet are you implicitly saying Nigeria is the worst place on planet earth tho?
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Tunagee(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2020
DCmonster:

Then die there, we don't need you here. We are ok with the few coronavirus cases here.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by stormborn28(m): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Fariq:
Nice move they should be quarantine on arrival. This lady handling diaspora is really trying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by AKheemx4: 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lol
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by MYHUBBY: 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
DCmonster:
Sorry, I know you are a headslamming afonja. I am a true born Yoruba man.

I know a muslim in Yoruba land impregnated your mother, this is the story your father told you that made you to be seeing Yoruba in your dream
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by abbiboy: 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
So if EU US don't evacuate una no get sense to evacuate una people...but nigerians have been crying to the govt to evacuate them,but ur reply was china is better in handling their situation than nigeria.So u people suddenly realise this just cus d west did same to dia citizen.foreign ministry is a shithole wit no initiatives dump people whose citizens has no value to them.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by zikter(m): 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
Okuda:

when it comes to standard of living there is no country nigeria is doing better than. have you forgotten nigeria's death rate has been compared to war torn areas as Yemen and syria? it seems you do not understand what shithole is. with that being said, i agree with the rest of ypur point but that does not mean that was what Abike meant. the last time she had sense was when she was still at N T A.
Giving the choices of living in Yemen, Syria, Sudan, Afghanistan etc, I am sure majority of people will prefer Nigeria. In as much as the country is not doing great, it is still better do many and we shouldn't just believe what people say about our Country. It is still the only Country I have and I value it regardless of the situation. Regards
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by ijobaboy: 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
Na who go follow you come
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by hmohammed(m): 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
abbey621:

Bullshit.....Evacuation cost is coverd by the government, it is part of the stimulus package just passed by Congress and signed by Trump.

Is it your money. What is your business with the evacuation costs. Rubbish
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by Basher8583: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
DCmonster:

You will not be missed.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by AfroKnight: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nigeria has better official survival rates than most first world countries.

Students in Wuhan begged to be evacuated but FG refused. If they aren’t infected now, they’d probably not be infected, going forward.

Also, considering our penchant for halfhearted service and corruption please, abeg, double check on the sanitation of the planes. Don’t let sloppy workers infect healthy people.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by amaridigital(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
Millz404:
Them dey find meat for soup kpomo dey show face

Anyway they need to come home but thoroughly quarantine and test them before they bring in a new strain

The new 49 day corona virus strain from China is my headache now. The Government plan to release the returnees after 14 days of quarantine but some of the returnees from China might be infected with the new strain without symptoms. The devil is working overtime to make sure Africa will suffer immensely from this despite the initial low casualty. With the devil, You Can't Win.
Re: Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad by olawale1516(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
Die na die, dead body knows nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London / Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold / Senator Omo-agege Kneels To Greet Buhari In Aso Rock [VIDEO]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.