Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,702 members, 7,889,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:20 AM

Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! (6668 Views)

Obiano Defies Rain, Takes Jonathan, APGA Support Mission To Grassroots / BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Takes Jonathan's Message To Members •after 13 Hours Meeting / Sarah Jubril Takes Jonathan To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Ibime(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
@ drgnobo.

Leave dat ting.

In Yaraduas last budget, recurrent expenditure was N2.01 trillion. Now its N3.23 trillion.

How did recurrent expenditure jump 35% in just one year? I did not know inflation was that high.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Kilode1: 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
kayci_d77:

All these Yoruba ppl in thisforum think with their Anus, OBJ did not prosecute Atiku, then you want Jonathan who did not kno how the "theifing" process b/w OBJ and Atiku started, to carry the wahala for his head, Una dey Craze, Bloody betrayals. I know you ppl will bretray the SS just as u did to SE.

Dude, I'm sorry you view this through ethnic lenses, That is so sad, I wish I can help you fix that.

Note though, OBJ got little to no support from Yorubas when he ran for President. He still doesn't. I fail to see your point.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2011
Dayokanu u r an slowpoke, U ran away from Nigeria, probably working in a mutuary embarassed, u are here making noise, u bloody coward. Its ppl like you who will allow an Old man fool you one million times. Toddler like u who refuse to grow.  Did Atiku steal the money in GEJ 's tenure,  you must be one of these in atikus camp waiting to cut your own part of national cake. sad

dayokanu:

If the comity of senseless people you should be made life President.

Do you think any president write speeches by themselves? What are advisers for? Does Obama know anything about Economics? What is Bernanke for? Does George Bush know anything about warfare? What is Donald Rumsfeld for?

So what if Soludo wrote it? Was GEJ the one who wrote the budget?

If GEJ despite being president can not get smart people to advise him rather Tony Anenih, Gbenga Daniels etc are his advisers no wonder.

How is Atiku a criminal? If Atiku is a criminal how come GEJ has not prosecuted him? That means GEJ does not have the guts to prosecute criminals and therefore not fit to rule. SIMPLE
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Ibime(m): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2011
I don't know when expansionary budgets became the norm.

OBJ was passing N1.8trn budget 4 years ago, and still putting aside money in foreign reserves whilst clearing non compulsory debt. And someone is telling me recurrent expenditure is N3.2 trillion in 2010. Who stole the chicken from the chicken pot?
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2011
kayci_d77:

Dayokanu u r an slowpoke, U ran away from Nigeria, probably working in a mutuary embarassed, u are here making noise, u bloody coward. Its ppl like you who will allow an Old man fool you one million times. Toddler like u who refuse to grow. Did Atiku steal the money in GEJ 's tenure, you must be one of these in atikus camp waiting to cut your own part of national cake. sad

Yes I work in a Mortuary, I sleep in a Mortuary any problems with that? Tell us whats wrong with a mortuary and whats bad in providing services in a mortuary.

Typical GEJ fan. What point have you made in your posts?

First one its Yoruba people, Second one I work in a mortuary? Can you just donate your grey matter to make farm manure? That way your existence can be appreciated.

@ Sensible people,

So if Atiku didnt steal money under GEJ, That means GEJ cant prosecute? If GEJ cant prosecute and as we speak Atiku hasnt been found guilty what is ATIKUS crime?
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
Moderator its time ppl started putting their age in their visible profile, so that we will know if this forum is fiiled with Old generation trying to decieve us here. I have a lot of young guys i would have loved them to be nIGERIAN President, ppl lik Pat Utimi, Ngozi iweala, Nuhu Ribadu but the way it is now, it is still PDP who will likely produce the next president and I tell you ATIKU is the "wrongest" person to occupy that seat, Nigeria will be like 20 yrs backward. Let GEJ come in then we will kno its no more a game for the Grand fathers, but a newer Generation, so that in the next 4 or 8 yrs, Dirty old men games will be abolished!!!, If atiku comes in , he will fill the government with his Old-school friends.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
kayci_d77:

Moderator its time ppl started putting their age in their visible profile, so that we will know if this forum is fiiled with Old generation trying to decieve us here. I have a lot of young guys i would have loved them to be nIGERIAN President, ppl lik Pat Utimi, Ngozi iweala, Nuhu Ribadu but the way it is now, it is still PDP who will likely produce the next president and I tell you ATIKU is the "wrongest" person to occupy that seat, Nigeria will be like 20 yrs backward. Let GEJ come in then we will kno its no more a game for the Grand fathers, but a newer Generation, so that in the next 4 or 8 yrs, Dirty old men games will be abolished!!!, If atiku comes in , he will fill the government with his Old-school friends.

If na age you wan use as yardstick, perhaps you'll get your self more informed by checking out both GEJ and Atiku's profiles and return here to tell us how much of a difference is there in between them. I guess the 11 years difference make a big deal to you abi?
Going by your post you are still very young, perhaps just in you 100L in a Uni. I'll advice you to face your book for now and not attempt to erroneously follow these clueless GEJ cronies in NL.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by yinka85: 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2011
Where is Beaffy
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2011
yinka85:

Where is Beaffy
He's taken up a female identity with the name Ma_J_Blige! grin grin
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by orgasm(m): 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
Political gimmicks and propagandas.
The analyses look credible and intelligent but if i may ask What does Atiku understand in 'his own' analyses of the budget? He is only reciting what was prepared for him without understanding the dynamics. He is just as dull as Gej,but he is the bigger Thief and they are certainly not our best. Where else did a custom officer get billions from b4 entering office? Is appalling! Atiku is not in position to question what Gej did or not cos he has no moral standing for such cos he is a common broad daylight THIEF.
For you all fronting for Atiku in this Forum,the money he is paying u guys will soon run dry and u shall feed on his spittle. Sycophants!
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by aletheia(m): 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ibime:

In Yaraduas last budget, recurrent expenditure was N2.01 trillion. Now its N3.23 trillion.

How did recurrent expenditure jump 35% in just one year? I did not know inflation was that high.

The FG is still the single largest employer in the country. The increase in the minimum wage can easily account for the 35% rise in recurrent expenditure. . .bearing in mind that wages and salaries are a significant component of recurrent expenditure.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Akainzo(m): 1:51am On Jan 05, 2011
aletheia:

The FG is still the single largest employer in the country. The increase in the minimum wage can easily account for the 35% rise in recurrent expenditure. . .bearing in mind that wages and salaries are a significant component of recurrent expenditure.

The minimum wage increase affected less than 10% of the FG workforce. That the minimum wage was increased did not mean an increase in the wages of all FG workers. Please you guys should at least read up and learn before coming to spew rubbish on NL ages.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by aletheia(m): 2:53am On Jan 05, 2011
Akainzo:

The minimum wage increase affected less than 10% of the FG workforce. That the minimum wage was increased did not mean an increase in the wages of all FG workers. Please you guys should at least read up and learn before coming to spew rubbish on NL ages.

^^In what way did I abuse you? Is it so difficult for you to be civil? Where did you get the figure of less than 10% from? I guess you really don't understand the ramifications of the minimum wage increase. Go and ask any Federal Civil Servant what an increase in the minimum wage means with respect to his or her salary. . .before you begin to accuse people of spewing rubbish on NL.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by jmaine: 3:16am On Jan 05, 2011
Akainzo:

Mr. the emboldened part clearly shows you don't know what your talking or trying to pass through, increase in minimum wage affects all federal staffs and not just FCT or ASO rock staffs if am to assume how you got your 10% calculations. your fanatical hate for GEJ atimes forces you guys not to see facts. Please before you argue and rant ponder over them, it's always a sure way to avoid mistakes like this.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by aletheia(m): 3:39am On Jan 05, 2011
jmaine:

Mr. the emboldened part clearly shows you don't know what your talking or trying to pass through, increase in minimum wage affects all federal staffs and not just FCT or ASO rock staffs if am to assume how you got your 10% calculations. your fanatical hate for GEJ atimes forces you guys not to see facts. Please before you argue and rant ponder over them, it's always a sure way to avoid mistakes like this.
^jmaine has said it.

@Akainzo: As far as I am concerned, you are one of those cyberbullies that proliferate on NL. You throw out insults and abuse to support your emotional arguments. In case, you don't know: an increase in the minimum wage translates into a graduated increase in the salaries of workers. Lower cadre workers will have a proportionally higher increase in wage compared to higher cadres but nonetheless; all workers will experience an increase in wages.

This is not the first time minimum wage is being increased in Nigeria; in 1998, the government of AbdulSalami increased it; and OBJ did as well. On both occasions; the salaries of all workers was raised.

Consider this article from the Nation Newspaper:

Lagos workers may reject 25% salary increase

There were signs yesterday Lagos State civil servants may reject the government’s proposed 25 per cent salary increase.

In a statement tagged “Workers’ Alert No. 4”, the workers said the  proposed increase falls short of the N18,000 minimum wage prescribed by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC).

The statement said the committee set up by the government recommended that between 20 and 25 per cent of total accruing to the government be set aside for recurrent expenditure.

It said: “Real negotiation on the issue commenced on November 30, last year. After about three meetings and while negotiation was still in progress, the governor, in his 2011 budget presentation to the House of Assembly, announced 25 per cent salary increase across board.

“We want to inform workers and the public that labour was not part of that pronouncement. To implement the N18,000 minimum wage will require a minimum of 62.035 per cent. Labour had submitted its working paper based on the 62.035 per cent across board for implementation.

The statement said any government pronouncement on salary increment without a duly signed agreement between it and labour will not be accepted.

The union said it would not accept distorted salary,  urging the workers to await further directives from Labour.

Take note of the figures: to implement the increase in minimum wage in Lagos, will require a 62% wage increase across board for all workers.

Next time; argue with facts rather than dish out insults; which is often the recourse of small minds with nothing concrete to say.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by charsoso: 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2011
Atiku knows so much! but why did he steal so much!!!!,he analyzes the budget like a true visionary but give him the mantle,his practical abilities deserts him.Clearly jonathan is not the best man for the job,but clearly better than this hypocrite called Atiku.And sometimes i wonder why he's so desperate
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
charsoso:

Atiku knows so much! but why did he steal so much!!!!,he analyzes the budget like a true visionary but give him the mantle,his practical abilities deserts him.Clearly jonathan is not the best man for the job,but clearly better than this hypocrite called Atiku.And sometimes i wonder why he's so desperate
At least from your comment two points are clear. GEJ has been tested with the mantle of leadership and so far he has failed. No argument about this basic fact.
Secondly, that Atiku's practical abilities may (emphasis on "may"wink desert him. This statement is certainly not a fact but mere conjecture. So why not consider giving Atiku the chance to prove if indeed he'll fail woefully, like GEJ, or not?
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Ibime(m): 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
Guys, are you saying that minimum wage increased so drastically as to turn OBJ's 2006 N1.8 trn (whole budget) to 2010's N3.23trn (recurrent exp only)?

Come na, somebody is selling me a fast one.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by jmaine: 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2011
9ijaMan:

At least from your comment two points are clear. GEJ has been tested with the mantle of leadership and so far he has failed. No argument about this basic fact.
Secondly, that Atiku's practical abilities may (emphasis on "may"wink desert him. This statement is certainly not a fact but mere conjecture. S[b]o why not consider giving Atiku the chance to prove if indeed he'll fail woefully, like GEJ, or not?[/b]

God forbid Atiku to rule, after all the BPE and the money laundering brouhaha and your still telling us to allow him rule cos you feel he hasn't fed fat enough. This is another confirmed guy who believes anything other than GEJ is good for Nigerians. even a goat and not GEJ is fine by you. My guy drop the Atiku support and canvass for Buhari with much better credibility.

How long has GEJ ruled the country to be declared a failure. The late Yar Adua ruled for 3 years with an ultra stagnant economy to show for it under the defunct 7 point agenda and the rule of law. The rule of Law that Haunted Ribadu and exiled Ribadu out of the country what about El Rufai, also hounded out of the country by the performing Yar Adua right. You say GEJ have been in governance for the past 12 years without nothing to show for it, yet he has been there without a case of financial impropriety leveled on him unlike your NL godfather Atiku. Atiku has been in governance for 8 years with so many port folio under his jurisdiction and how well did he manage them. the PTDF and the rest. You don't strike the nose to spite the face Mr 9ija
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2011
jmaine:

God forbid Atiku to rule, after all the BPE and the money laundering brouhaha and your still telling us to allow him rule cos you feel he hasn't fed fat enough. This is another confirmed guy who believes anything other than GEJ is good for Nigerians. even a goat and not GEJ is fine by you. My guy drop the Atiku support and canvass for Buhari with much better credibility.

How long has GEJ ruled the country to be declared a failure. The late Yar Adua ruled for 3 years with an ultra stagnant economy to show for it under the defunct 7 point agenda and the rule of law. The rule of Law that Haunted Ribadu and exiled Ribadu out of the country what about El Rufai, also hounded out of the country by the performing Yar Adua right. You say GEJ have been in governance for the past 12 years without nothing to show for it, yet he has been there without a case of financial impropriety leveled on him unlike your NL godfather Atiku. Atiku has been in governance for 8 years with so many port folio under his jurisdiction and how well did he manage them. the PTDF and the rest. You don't strike the nose to spite the face Mr 9ija

You started very sensibly by asking me to canvass for Buhari. Check my posts on most threads on NL, Buhari has always been the candidate I'm rooting for. The topic of this thread has nothing to do with Buhari, so let's just leave him out of this for now. If you want to discuss Buhari, go to threads dedicated to his candidacy.

It amounts to total idiocy or delibrate ignorance on your path to refer to Atiku as my godfather, tufiakpa!

As expected of GEJ cronies, you base you comments and dislike for Atiku on several false premises, particularly when you claim that Atiku has cases of financial impropriety leveled against him compared to your uncle GEJ who has none! Ignorance is not just a disease, it very cancerous! It's on record that your Oga GEJ left Bayelsa state with N20 billion debt; and it is also public knowledge that his wife (Patience) was caught laundering money and has a case to answer with EFCC. However, let's leave GEJ aside and discuss Atiku proper.

Abeg present one single evidence of any case of financial impropriety against the person of Atiku. Just one credible evidence. If Atiku were a thief like you team GEJ cronies are alleging, why hasn't your uncle brought up charges against him, even if na trumped up charges sef? Ask yourself why was Atiku able to win every single case OBJ brought up against him? Despite OBJ's obsession of dealing ruthlessly with perceived opponents, why was EFCC never able to pin anything on Atiku?

In my earlier post, I stated that Atiku be given the chance to prove himself capable or otherwise, because I was trying to relate with you at your level of comprehension, since you claimed (prior to my comment) that Atiku was in Government for 8years. I believed you would not have forgotten that Atiku was only a VP for the so called 8 years and he spend the last 3 years defending democracy when OBJ started his ridiculous 3rd term bid. There are threads in the same political section of NL where the achievements of Atiku and GEJ have been put side by side, go there to get yourself better informed.

You do not necessarily have to use falsehood and beer parlour rumors to attempt to prove that Atiku is corrupt. I

I'll also be glad if you can shed more light on on the "so many portfolio" under Atiku in the 8 years he was VP. As stated earlier, GEJ has been in government longer than Atiku by almost 4 years, point us towards his achievements.

Lastly, Buhari remains the most credible candidate and he remains my candidate any time. However, opting to be in Buhari's camp does not mean that I should peddle faslehood about the records of other candidates, without substantiating my claims. That being said, If for any reason beyond my control, I have to make a choice between Atiku and GEJ, I won't even blink before making the smart choice of Atiku.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2011
You also alleged that Nigeria's economy was stagnant while UMYA was president. You are really funny o, 'cos you find it very convenient to associate Atiku to OBJ's government but would want to easily ignore the fact that GEJ was also part of that Government which made 9ja's economy to be stagnant (going by your words).

By the way, I think I'll always prefer a stagnant economy over the sort of economy GEJ is proposing with his Budget!
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Akainzo(m): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2011
jmaine:

aletheia:

@Akainzo: As far as I am concerned, you are one of those cyberbullies that proliferate on NL. You throw out insults and abuse to support your emotional arguments. In case, you don't know: an increase in the minimum wage translates into a graduated increase in the salaries of workers. Lower cadre workers will have a proportionally higher increase in wage compared to higher cadres but nonetheless; all workers will experience an increase in wages.

This is not the first time minimum wage is being increased in Nigeria; in 1998, the government of AbdulSalami increased it; and OBJ did as well. On both occasions; the salaries of all workers was raised.

Consider this article from the Nation Newspaper:

Take note of the figures: to implement the increase in minimum wage in Lagos, will require a 62% wage increase across board for all workers.

Next time; argue with facts rather than dish out insults; which is often the recourse of small minds with nothing concrete to say.

I really am amused at how the two of you came to the conclusion of abuse in my post here.
Akainzo:

So to the two of you, an advice to read up is an abuse, hmmm, well I can't but let you know that you have to read up.

For your education, the salary scale is what it is, a scale from a - b, where a is the minimum wage and b is the maximum wage. However along that scale of a - b, are a -a1, a2-a3, a4 - a5 , ,  until you'd get the last band. That your newspaper writeup is funny, to have an increase of 1,000 on the Minimum wage would translate to 62% across board! That guy must be doing some voodoo mathematics.

That the minimum wage is increased does not necessarily translate to an increase in the wages of ALL workers across board.  To verify, please ask any HR personnel in a government establishment or company. It's an advice, please read up or conscientiously seek information. That way all of us will benefit.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
Akainzo:

I really am amused at how the two of you came to the conclusion of abuse in my post here.
So to the two of you, an advice to read up is an abuse, hmmm, well I can't but let you know that you have to read up.

For your education, the salary scale is what it is, a scale from a - b, where a is the minimum wage and b is the maximum wage. However along that scale of a - b, are a -a1, a2-a3, a4 - a5 , ,  until you'd get the last band. That your newspaper writeup is funny, to have an increase of 1,000 on the Minimum wage would translate to 62% across board! That guy must be doing some voodoo mathematics.

That the minimum wage is increased does not necessarily translate to an increase in the wages of ALL workers across board.  To verify, please ask any HR personnel in a government establishment or company. It's an advice, please read up or conscientiously seek information. That way all of us will benefit.

You are becoming too intelligent for them to understand. Most of these guys have not even started earning salaries as they are still with their mamas and papas. So how will a schooling child understand that increasing minimum wage does not necessarily translate to increase in salary for all workers!
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by jmaine: 11:20pm On Jan 05, 2011
9ijaMan:

You also alleged that Nigeria's economy was stagnant while UMYA was president. You are really funny o, 'cos you find it very convenient to associate Atiku to OBJ's government but would want to easily ignore the fact that GEJ was also part of that Government which made 9ja's economy to be stagnant (going by your words).

By the way, I think I'll always prefer a stagnant economy over the sort of economy GEJ is proposing with his Budge[/b]t!

This is one of Nairaland wisest member for sure. wow ! folks never cease to amaze me. you prefer standing than making a move. you are such a gem 9ijaboy.  Please clap for yourself.  shocked. Like i said a goat over GEJ will suffice for your likes anytime. Suddenly the Budget is now a bone of contention just because [b]your daddy Atiku
feels he can pick holes in them which are quite salient. which budget proposal in Nigeria have ever being blame free. you tell me. How did the economically sound Atiku botch the sale of Nitel twice, couldn't he have been wiser in that stead. Maybe Obasanjo saboteured his efforts . Now someone keep mentioning the achievement of Atiku in improving the lives of Nigerians, and am wondering what that was undecided.

Akainzo:

T[b]he minimum wage increase affected less than 10% of the FG workforce.[/b] That the minimum wage was increased did not mean an increase in the wages of all FG workers. Please you guys should at least read up and learn before coming to spew rubbish on NL ages.

The two self styled wisemen are just embroiled in self deceit. How does the emboldened stand my finance commissioners. It's only on nairaland where everyone is an expert in every field. can you explain how that 10% came about. kindly educate us.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2011
jmaine:

This is one of Nairaland wisest member for sure. wow ! folks never cease to amaze me. you prefer standing than making a move. you are such a gem 9ijaboy.  Please clap for yourself.  shocked.

If standing will make me not to fall into a bottomless pit of debts, I'd rather stand than to plunge head-on into the darkness GEJ is proposing in his budget. Prove to us you do not lack comprehension. Read Atiku's letter pointing out the holes in GEJ's budget. Even a tomato seller at the market will easily understand the implication of GEJ's proposals in the budget, with the simple explanations Atiku gave. After all it's not my fault that you have chosen to display you lack of comprehension and display your ignorance publicly.

Once again, if I have to chose between remaining stagnant and wallowing in debt, I'd chose the former.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by jmaine: 12:07am On Jan 06, 2011
9ijaMan:

If standing will make me not to fall into a bottomless pit of debts, I'd rather stand than to plunge head-on into the darkness GEJ is proposing in his budget. Prove to us you do not lack comprehension. Read Atiku's letter pointing out the holes in GEJ's budget. Even a tomato seller at the market will easily understand the implication of GEJ's proposals in the budget, with the simple explanations Atiku gave. After all it's not my fault that you have chosen to display you lack of comprehension and display your ignorance publicly.

Once again, if I have to chose between remaining stagnant and wallowing in debt, I'd chose the former.

so if the borrowed funds means solving the epileptic power situations , pumping money to resuscitate the manufacturing economy by giving out soft loans to qualified personnel also boosting job creation. provision of amenities and also paying the civil servants a wage that can sustain and keep them active and productive to the economy, we should say no. Now how much money ( Trillions) does the U.S.A owe china. maybe with a strong economy like the US ( though not really as sound presently). they shouldn't borrow to finance their means.  is it the debt or the performance of the loan that  is your problem. The problem with Nigeria have never being in the Budget but in the performance of those budgets and i stand to be corrected on that. untill we stamp out nepotism and corruption low budget performance will continue to be our bane. very soon we will hear that Jonathan is the main reason why Nigeria is corrupt, the main reason why PHCN is not functioning, the main reason why we import fuel into the country, the main reason why election violence is rife in the country and the main reason why Nigeria is under developed. You guys should please get a life and be solution channels and not agents of doom just because your candidate is not there.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 12:19am On Jan 06, 2011
jmaine:

so if the borrowed funds means solving the epileptic power situations , pumping money to resuscitate the manufacturing economy by giving out soft loans to qualified personnel also boosting job creation. provision of amenities and also paying the civil servants a wage that can sustain and keep them active and productive to the economy, we should say no. Now how much money ( Trillions) does the U.S.A owe china. maybe with a strong economy like the US ( though not really as sound presently). they shouldn't borrow to finance their means.  is it the debt or the performance of the loan that  is your problem. The problem with Nigeria have never being in the Budget but in the performance of those budgets and i stand to be corrected on that. untill we stamp out nepotism and corruption low budget performance will continue to be our bane. very soon we will hear that Jonathan is the main reason why Nigeria is corrupt, the main reason why PHCN is not functioning, the main reason why we import fuel into the country, the main reason why election violence is rife in the country and the main reason why Nigeria is under developed. You guys should please get a life and be solution channels and not agents of doom just because your candidate is not there.

How many times I've I stated that you should not make ill-informed comments. The above shows that you are either very myopic, forgetful, not following current happenings in 9ja or just being utterly silly.
It's ok for your president to dole out cash bonuses running into billions of dollars as new year/xmas bonus, while on the other hand he wants to continue to plunge us into debt, by borrowing.
I told you earlier to go back and read Atiku's analysis of the budget, it's either you have refused to read it in it's entirety or you just cannot comprehend the layman language he used to express the horrible shortcomings of the budget.

Mr. President is not going to borrow to build infrastructures, but to finance consumption i.e. recurrent expenditure (I hope you know what this means). Since you are have refused to revisit the original post for the thread,, below are some excerpts:

[b]“Your recurrent budget is 107% of total revenue. Put differently, your capital budget is N1 trillion whereas your deficit or planned borrowing is N1.4 trillion, meaning that even with a zero capital budget you plan to borrow about N400 billion to add to revenue to finance CONSUMPTION. Mr. President, no one needs to be an economist to appreciate that this is a disaster,” Atiku wrote.

He said that it was unacceptable for the government to have recourse to borrowing the entire capital budget at a time of increasing revenue from oil.

“Mr. President, let me draw your attention to the simple meaning of your budget: not one kobo of our oil revenue (at a time of oil boom) is being spent on power and infrastructure. Rather, you plan to spend the entire oil revenue on consumption, and even borrow to consume. Every Kobo of capital budget is to be borrowed. If you continue to borrow at the average interest rate of 14% by the 2012 budget, your borrowing in 2011 will add another N196 billion to debt service payment (and hence by 2012 debt service might be in excess of N738 billion),” he said.[/b]

“At the rate you are going, by 2015, debt service payment will be in excess of N1 trillion. If oil price drops below $50, it is evident that government will not be able to service its debt without austerity measures. Is this what you plan for this country?” Atiku said.

He noted that the N1trillion capital budget as provided for in Budget 2011 was the lowest in real terms when compared with others in the last seven years.

“Your capital budget of N1 trillion (to be borrowed) is the lowest in real terms in the last seven years! Compare the capital spending in the years when the exchange rate was about N120 to a dollar and inflation in the single digit to your N1 trillion with exchange at N150 and inflation at 14%. Your actual performance on capital budget implementation is about 55% for 2010. If you maintain that, or even if you reach 70% implementation in 2011, your capital spending will just be a few hundred billions in real terms,” he wrote.

From the above, explain to us the relationship between your several posts and the comments made by Atiku above! Must you view every critic as anti-GEJ?
By the way GEJ has so far not been able to come out to defend this horrible mess he calls a budget. All we've heard from his camp is to rain invectives and abuses on Atiku.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by Akainzo(m): 12:24am On Jan 06, 2011
9ijaMan:

How many times I've I stated that you should not make ill-informed comments. The above shows that you are either very myopic, forgetful, not following current happenings in 9ja or just being utterly silly.
It's ok for your president to dole out cash bonuses running into billions of dollars as new year/xmas bonus, while on the other hand he wants to continue to plunge us into debt, by borrowing.
I told you earlier to go back and read Atiku's analysis of the budget, it's either you have refused to read it in it's entirety or you just cannot comprehend the layman language he used to express the horrible shortcomings of the budget.

Mr. President is not going to borrow to build infrastructures, but to finance consumption i.e. recurrent expenditure (I hope you know what this means). Since you are have refused to revisit the original post for the thread,, below are some excerpts:

[b]“Your recurrent budget is 107% of total revenue. Put differently, your capital budget is N1 trillion whereas your deficit or planned borrowing is N1.4 trillion, meaning that even with a zero capital budget you plan to borrow about N400 billion to add to revenue to finance CONSUMPTION. Mr. President, no one needs to be an economist to appreciate that this is a disaster,” Atiku wrote.

He said that it was unacceptable for the government to have recourse to borrowing the entire capital budget at a time of increasing revenue from oil.

“Mr. President, let me draw your attention to the simple meaning of your budget: not one kobo of our oil revenue (at a time of oil boom) is being spent on power and infrastructure. Rather, you plan to spend the entire oil revenue on consumption, and even borrow to consume. Every Kobo of capital budget is to be borrowed. If you continue to borrow at the average interest rate of 14% by the 2012 budget, your borrowing in 2011 will add another N196 billion to debt service payment (and hence by 2012 debt service might be in excess of N738 billion),” he said.[/b]

From the above, explain to us the relationship between your several posts and the comments made by Atiku above! Must you view every critic as anti-GEJ?

Don't mind the guy, he spews out all kind of nonsense without reading the actual budget documents nor the points raised against it. All they shout is Anti-GEJ.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by jmaine: 12:50am On Jan 06, 2011
Akainzo:

Don't mind the guy, he spews out all kind of nonsense without reading the actual budget documents nor the points raised against it. All they shout is Anti-GEJ.

Just like you saying that the minimum wage increase affected less than 10% of the FG workforce. . Now who is spewing rubbish.
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by DRANOEL(m): 12:56am On Jan 06, 2011
my verdict

gej knows next to nothing,not even how to humphis wife!
Re: Atiku Takes Jonathan-economics To The Clearners ! ! ! by 9ijaMan: 12:58am On Jan 06, 2011
jmaine:

Just like you saying that the minimum wage increase affected less than 10% of the FG workforce. . Now who is spewing rubbish.

Since you know better, oya na how many %age of the work force the minimum wage go affect?

I'm still awaiting your response on how you intend to link your posts and comments on this thread with Atiku's letter to the president on that rdiculous budget o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA / Photo: Trailer Carrying Jonathans Bag Of Rice Has An Accident / APC To Present A Northerner As Presidential Candidate In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.