Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,961 members, 7,876,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (982825 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (452) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ciggy000(m): 8:37pm On May 29
[quote author=OyoTunjiUSA post=130205788]

Hey 🀠

1. Ask the event organisers to write an invitation letter to you and the letter must state your importance , as well as the disadvantages if you failed to attend the event.

2. You must also show evidence of where to stay (Hotel or other residential place) all through the event activities.

3. You will use the invitation letter as well as the accomodation evidence and MRV receipt to book an emergency appointment Under Business.

4. On the day of your interview, go to the embassy with : proof of funds, present occupation identifications, invitation letter from the event organisers and accomodation evidence, and be ready to proof ties (what will make you return back to Nigeria) to the consular .

Thanks for your swift response sir,

This letter stating my relevance at the event should it be addressed to me or the US embassy in Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Danburuwa: 8:41pm On May 29
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Yes you can . Leave your email or check my sign on profile .

Best Wishes πŸ™

Remove your mask this thief of an agent. When will you stop creating different monikers to request for your email by yourself and for yourself?

I have never seen someone contacting himself until I met you.

Where is justwise?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:43pm On May 29
[quote author=ciggy000 post=130207057][/quote]

Hey 🀠

1. The event organisers knows how and where to address it to. Just tell them the location (Lagos/Abuja) and country where you are attending your visa interview.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:53pm On May 29
Danburuwa:

Remove your mask this thief of an agent. When will you stop creating different monikers to request for your email by yourself and for yourself?

I have never seen someone contacting himself until I met you.

Where is justwise?

🀠

@Danburuwa and @fearlessfang and @zinho.

You guys have used up your mental disorder drugs. I will ask Gokada to deliver another batch to you addresses.

Sorry for your ailments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rtdCivilservant: 10:23pm On May 29
Please house, to whom should letter of Introduction be addressed to, is it to the Ambassador, The Consular, or to The Visa Officer?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamison: 11:33pm On May 29
One more question on interview waiver..... please does my mom have to physically go to DHL Abuja or can her niece drop the passport for her (with a supporting letter)? I have called DHL Abuja multiple times but they never pick. Someone has dropped it for her in the past in Lagos but that was before COVID and I know a lot of things have changed. Hence the question. Please help, thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamison: 11:33pm On May 29
rtdCivilservant:
Please house, to whom should letter of Introduction be addressed to, is it to the Ambassador, The Consular, or to The Visa Officer?
The Consular
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MimieeCK: 11:54pm On May 29
Hi comrades,

First thank you for all the work you all do in sharing information. With threads like this, nobody ever needs a visa agent.

What can I do to get a visa date earlier than the late September I have? I’ve seen some suggestions for applying for an emergency appointment β€” how do I go about this? With emergency appointments, I wonder if anyone knows the turnaround time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:59am On May 30
MimieeCK:
Hi comrades,

First thank you for all the work you all do in sharing information. With threads like this, nobody ever needs a visa agent.

My dilemma β€” I apologize in advance as my question may be basic. I am trying to understand as someone who’s never gotten a US visa.

I had applied since last year and got a date for September 2024. Now, I have a work conference that is being planned to happen in US during UNGA. I am actually leading the planning. I work for an international company remotely.

What can I do to get a visa date earlier than the late September I have? I’ve seen some suggestions for applying for an emergency appointment β€” how do I go about this? With emergency appointments, I wonder if anyone knows the turnaround time.

Thank you again for your support everyone. I will be reading comments.

Hey 🀠

1. The USA government seized the opportunity of the COVID-19 pandemic to regularize the inflows and outflows of people.

2. Before COVID-19 pandemic , the USA have being facing the challenges of citizens security, work-stress for border control staffs (ie embassy, immigration etc) , illegal immigrants crossings among others .

3. Today, the USA government wants you to come to their country only if you have a very very important activity (s) to attend to. This is why they have placed 85% of the visa appointment appearance under EMERGENCY (medical, student and business).

4. So what you can do to get earlier than September is to apply for emergency appointment (business emergency under B1 VISA). The meaning of your emergency appointment is to review your reasons of travel and grant you visa appointment date before that travel day.

5. Request for an invitation letter from the organisers in USA, request for evidence of accomodation, and evidence of visa fee payment. The evidences of these on paper are what you re going to use in requesting for your emergency appointment via your cgi portal.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rtdCivilservant: 5:57am On May 30
Tamison:

The Consular
Thanks a lot. But my interview is in Abuja, I thought the Consular refers to the one in Lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by donteebalo(m): 8:32am On May 30
rtdCivilservant:

Thanks a lot. But my interview is in Abuja, I thought the Consular refers to the one in Lagos.
It doesn’t matter, address it to The Consular, USA embassy, Abuja.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rtdCivilservant: 10:42am On May 30
donteebalo:

It doesn’t matter, address it to The Consular, USA embassy, Abuja.
Thanks so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:15pm On May 30
Tamison:
One more question on interview waiver..... please does my mom have to physically go to DHL Abuja or can her niece drop the passport for her (with a supporting letter)? I have called DHL Abuja multiple times but they never pick. Someone has dropped it for her in the past in Lagos but that was before COVID and I know a lot of things have changed. Hence the question. Please help, thank you.

Your mum has to drop it herself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 1:50pm On May 30
Tamison:

I know children can drop for parents and hubby and wife can drop for thenselves and kids but I dont know about nieces dropping. I will go and pick up my passport today or tomorrow, I will ask them at DHL and let you know if its possible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chatmate: 3:54pm On May 30
Please anyone,

what does this mean?

Request to schedule has been approved.

And yet available date is 2025 august.

Please what does the bold above means.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:04pm On May 30
chatmate:
Please anyone,

what does this mean?

Request to schedule has been approved.

And yet available date is 2025 august.

Please what does the bold above means.

Hey 🀠

1. Login to your cgi portal and click on continue just at the top of the schedule appointment by your upper left.

2. It will take you to available dates after 2 questions.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chatmate: 5:40pm On May 30
Ok,

I think you didnt understand my question, he clicked continue and it brings date in 2025.

I thought approving appointment means we will be able to see date like next month.

Do you get me?

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Login to your cgi portal and click on continue just at the top of the schedule appointment by your upper left.

2. It will take you to available dates after 2 questions.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:00pm On May 30
chatmate:
Ok,

I think you didnt understand my question, he clicked continue and it brings date in 2025.

I thought approving appointment means we will be able to see date like next month.

Do you get me?

Hey 🀠

1. Yes i got you ! You have to pick a date first (be it 2040) before you start using the reschedule option in your cgi to start checking for nearer available dates.

2. If reschedule cannot take you to your desired date then you use emergency appointment option. You must pick that 2025 first before your grace to pick a date disappeared.

3. Some have not even received that approval email.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ojajuniomolara(f): 6:41pm On May 30
[quote author=ffo post=129850653]

October 2nd 2025 but I want a closer date, what group should I join please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:56pm On May 30
[quote author=ojajuniomolara post=130222539][/quote]

Hey 🀠

1. Don't join any group. If you join a group they will eventually sell someone's appointment date to you and you will be sent back on the day of your interview or have the appointment cancelled automatically, thereby leaving you hopeless.

2. Pick the October date first and then keep looking for nearer dates via reschedule appointment. If that one did not work then request for emergency appointment.

3. Dont join any group. They will sell fake appointment for you. Stay on this live forum which is available to you 24/7 . All guidelines you needed are here .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:12pm On May 30
[quote author=ojajuniomolara post=130222539][/quote]

No group to join. It doesn't work that way anymore. Pick the available date you see cos it will disappear in a blink of an eye. If your trip is an emergency then you can apply for an emergency interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:14pm On May 30
chatmate:
Ok,

Do you get me?

There is no available date in 2024 for fresh application. Please pick what you can see ASAP before it moves further. Interview waiver is currently in November 2024 not to talk of new appointments.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ffo(m): 8:06pm On May 30
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Don't join any group. If you join a group they will eventually sell someone's appointment date to you and you will be sent back on the day of your interview or have the appointment cancelled automatically, thereby leaving you hopeless.

2. Pick the October date first and then keep looking for nearer dates via reschedule appointment. If that one did not work then request for emergency appointment.

3. Dont join any group. They will sell fake appointment for you. Stay on this live forum which is available to you 24/7 . All guidelines you needed are here .

Best Wishes πŸ™

I am responding to you because the user mentioned my name. I really dont have the luxury of time to engage you in verbal confrontation. But next time, its unwise to accuse somebody wrongly without making findings. That speaks more of your level of IQ.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:44pm On May 30
ffo:

I am responding to you because the user mentioned my name. I really dont have the luxury of time to engage you in verbal confrontation. But next time, its unwise to accuse somebody wrongly without making findings. That speaks more of your level of IQ.

Thanks

Hey 🀠

@ffo.

1. But i only responded to @jajuniomolara's question and i felt she was desperate and guided her against possible predators.

2. I expected you to have concur with my answer if you really want good for her . You should not have insulted me.

3. I have endure your insult only this time.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DammyDebs: 10:12pm On May 30
Hi,
Please how long did it take from the submission of your documents via IW to picking up your passport? Was meant to travel this weekend but I'd need to move my date since my passport is not ready.

Blackfinegirl:

I know children can drop for parents and hubby and wife can drop for thenselves and kids but I dont know about nieces dropping. I will go and pick up my passport today or tomorrow, I will ask them at DHL and let you know if its possible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 12:14am On May 31
Greetings all, I will like to correct an impression, I don't think anyone here is a toddler, can we just stop all these name calling and false accusations of agent and not agent.

I have been following this thread for a while now, I'm yet to see a report on any one being swaddled of his /her cash by any agent. We are all here to assist each other voluntarily . If anyone request for an email and gets badly treated outside, he /she can't hold nairaland responsible. So please let love lead and respect each other. Nobody knows it all...

Thank you all for your efforts over the years.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:16am On May 31
kezzy09:
Greetings all, I will like to correct an impression, I don't think anyone here is a toddler, can we just stop all these name calling and false accusations of agent and not agent.

I have been following this thread for a while now, I'm yet to see a report on any one being swaddled of his /her cash by any agent. We are all here to assist each other voluntarily . If anyone request for an email and gets badly treated outside, he /she can't hold nairaland responsible. So please let love lead and respect each other. Nobody knows it all...

Thank you all for your efforts over the years.

I concur with you!!!

All these jabs, insults, barely veiled contempt and disregard for people you don't know and might needful meet in the physical...its so, SO TOXIC!!!

We need to learn how to get along with each other and communicate and disagree agreeably.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 8:49am On May 31
DammyDebs:
Hi,
Please how long did it take from the submission of your documents via IW to picking up your passport? Was meant to travel this weekend but I'd need to move my date since my passport is not ready.

I submitted April 26th
Approved May 29th
Issued May 30th

I am still waiting for pick up mail.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Handey: 9:33am On May 31
I filled the Ds-160 application form in 2023.
I already got appointment for August 2024.
My passport will be expiring in July,2024, Although have applied for a new passport which I have already gotten a new passport.
1. Do I need to fill a new Ds-160 application form because seems I can't change my passport number on the appointment schedule site?
Pls I need your assistance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:48am On May 31
Handey:
My passport will be expiring in July,2024, Although have applied for a new passport which I have already gotten a new passport.
1. Do I need to fill a new Ds-160 application form because seems I can't change my passport number on the appointment schedule site?

Hey 🀠

1. You still have plenty of time . Fill another DS-160 and update it via your cgi portal. Login after 3 days and print out a new VISA appointment letter (automatic update).

2. By the above steps. Your MRV, DS-160 confirmation slip, Travel passport and VISA appointment letter all carries same information as required by the USA embassy.

3. Attend your interview with both old and new passports. Your new passport also carries old passport number.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Handey: 1:05pm On May 31
OyoTunjiUSA:

Pls,what do I update Passport number or Ds160 confirmation number because passport number can't be edited?
Hey 🀠

1. You still have plenty of time . Fill another DS-160 and update it via your cgi portal. Login after 3 days and print out a new VISA appointment letter (automatic update).

2. By the above steps. Your MRV, DS-160 confirmation slip, Travel passport and VISA appointment letter all carry same information as required by the USA embassy.

3. Attend your interview with both old and new passports. Your new passport also carries old passport number.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kansola01: 1:11pm On May 31
Handey:

Yeah, you are fine. The old passport number will still show on your appointment confirmation but it is fine. Just ensure you bring your old and new passports.

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (452)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.