Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,960 members, 7,876,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:17 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (982810 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (452) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:12pm On May 31
[quote author=Handey post=130234604][/quote]

Hey 🤠

1. Fill another DS-160. In this new DS-160 you will input all your fresh information inside it eg new passport number , etc. After that login to your cgi portal and update only DS-160. You cannot update passport number ..leave that aside. Open your new passport , you will see the old passport number inside so that case is settled ...no need to update passport . Go to embassy with both expired and new passports.

2. After updating only DS-160 log out and come back after 3 days to do what i advised you in my previous answer .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamison: 1:36pm On May 31
Blackfinegirl:

I know children can drop for parents and hubby and wife can drop for thenselves and kids but I dont know about nieces dropping. I will go and pick up my passport today or tomorrow, I will ask them at DHL and let you know if its possible.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Handey: 1:56pm On May 31
Kansola01:

Do I still need to fill another DS 160 application form?

Yeah, you are fine. The old passport number will still show on your appointment confirmation but it is fine. Just ensure you bring your old and new passports.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by beautyuche: 8:16pm On May 31
Good evening everyone please I need help booking a drop box date. First I am unable to register I have used almost all my email and also used different browsers. Kindly advise what I can do.

I have also filled out my form completely.

Please help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:07pm On May 31
beautyuche:
Good evening everyone please I need help booking a drop box date. First I am unable to register I have used almost all my email and also used different browsers. Kindly advise what I can do.

I have also filled out my form completely.

Please help

Clear your browser cookies and temp files for ustraveldocs.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shofat4real(m): 10:38pm On May 31
Good evening all,

Please I need a guidance here... Which device is the best in filling out the Ds160 online? Can I use phone or a computer system for filling out the online form? Also, please kindly suggest the best browser to use.

Thank you for your help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:34am On Jun 01
Shofat4real:
Good evening all,
Please I need a guidance here... Which device is the best in filling out the Ds160 online? Can I use phone or a computer system for filling out the online form? Also, please kindly suggest the best browser to use.
Thank you for your help.

Phone works. More stressful because it’s a form.
Laptop works.

All browsers work
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:09am On Jun 01
Shofat4real:
Good evening all,

Thank you for your help.

All browsers work. I usually use phone but you have to carefully do it. Also I fill my forms in the night. It works faster.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:10am On Jun 01
Handey:
I filled the Ds-160 application form in 2023.
I already got appointment for August 2024.
My passport will be expiring in July,2024, Although have applied for a new passport which I have already gotten a new passport.
1. Do I need to fill a new Ds-160 application form because seems I can't change my passport number on the appointment schedule site?
Pls I need your assistance?

You can as well call the embassy to help you update it. It is a pretty simple process. Just ha e your document handy when you call.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by freshStarz: 8:38am On Jun 01
Good morning guys

If I go to the US on a visiting visa and during the period of visit, the school I applied to opens for the term, can I start schooling there without returning for a school visa

Is there a problem with this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chatmate: 10:58am On Jun 01
Please when you submit for drop box, are you allowed to write a letter or attach a documents with the passports to send over or just the passports.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shofat4real(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01
Thank you sir. Well appreciated.
flourishing247:

All browsers work. I usually use phone but you have to carefully do it. Also I fill my forms in the night. It works faster.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shofat4real(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01
Thank you. Well appreciated. quote author=fkj950ax post=130244796]

Phone works. More stressful because it’s a form.
Laptop works.

All browsers work[/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:21pm On Jun 01
chatmate:
Please when you submit for drop box, are you allowed to write a letter or attach a documents with the passports to send over or just the passports.

Thanks

Only your passport, If they need any clarification, they will invite you for an interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ciggy000(m): 3:45pm On Jun 01
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hi Mr Tunji please I have booked an appointment from the book appointment interface and the date is oct 2025. The event I'm attending is for 26th July 2024 as an expert what do you advice. Thanks
Hey 🤠

1. Fill another DS-160. In this new DS-160 you will input all your fresh information inside it eg new passport number , etc. After that login to your cgi portal and update only DS-160. You cannot update passport number ..leave that aside. Open your new passport , you will see the old passport number inside so that case is settled ...no need to update passport . Go to embassy with both expired and new passports.

2. After updating only DS-160 log out and come back after 3 days to do what i advised you in my previous answer .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DammyDebs: 4:53pm On Jun 01
Hi, have you picked up now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:59pm On Jun 01
[quote author=ciggy000 post=130254052][/quote]

Hey 🤠

1. I have guided you more than appropriately before (Re- May 29th post) which is the highest form of explanation i could give out. Anything stretching beyonds that can't be done here for my personal reasons.

2. Go back to the previous posts as attached. Alternatively other contributors might take the baton from there.

Best Wishes 🙏

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rtdCivilservant: 4:17pm On Jun 02
Please while filling the ds-160 form for a B1/B2 visa, what is the appropriate response to the question... "Have you made specific travel plans?"
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by harrrry: 4:34pm On Jun 02
Please guys, can US embassy in Belfast or London issue 10 years visa B1/B2 on a passport that expires next year?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Soludonido: 5:54pm On Jun 02
harrrry:
Please guys, can US embassy in Belfast or London issue 10 years visa B1/B2 on a passport that expires next year?

I have seen 5 years but never 10 years o

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by harrrry: 6:51pm On Jun 02
Soludonido:

I have seen 5 years but never 10 years o

My worry is the passport expiration date. A friend said the validity of the visa depends on expiration date of the passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:28pm On Jun 02
harrrry:

My worry is the passport expiration date. A friend said the validity of the visa depends on expiration date of the passport
Visa validity is not dependent on passport expiration.
Next time go to the embassy’s website and read for yourself instead of ‘your friend said’. It will save you a lot of stress (worry).

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 7:38pm On Jun 02
That works for Canada tourist visa only .
For USA, as long as you have at least 6 months after the date of your proposed date you plan to leave the US , the 5 years visa will be placed there

harrrry:

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 7:47pm On Jun 02
Until she becomes a citizen , she can't file for him yet .

quote author=flourishing247 post=130139334]

Your sister should just file for him.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 7:50pm On Jun 02
A relative filing does not affect visa issuance if the person is eligible .
There is a question that asks if you have a pending immigrant petition .
It's to answer yes and provide details that's all .

quote author=Soludonido post=130166134]

Yeah, people still get visas but the wait is undeniably long and frustrating.

If he starts the filling, he will not apply for a nonimmigrant visa again o so if his GC process takes 1 or 2 years(yes it can, high possibility ) does it mean that he will stay 2 years without traveling to see his children? That was why I said he should reapply for the B1/2 visa.

My two cents ✌️[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 7:53pm On Jun 02
He should declare the rejection.The
Five Eyes' intelligence group consisting of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the US share visa information.

Nielda234:
Hello guys, please I have a question. My friend wants to apply for US visa. He’s been rejected Canada student visa. Do they share the same portal? He doesn’t want to declare the rejection since it was many years ago.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:53pm On Jun 02
rtdCivilservant:
Please while filling the ds-160 form for a B1/B2 visa, what is the appropriate response to the question... "Have you made specific travel plans?"

If you have made specific plans then say yes. Remember it is not advisable to buy tickets before you get your visa.

You can answer no, then next question is intended travel plans. Go ahead and fill it.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by harrrry: 11:55pm On Jun 02
puffmama:
That works for Canada tourist visa only .
For USA, as long as you have at least 6 months after the date of your proposed date you plan to leave the US , the 5 years visa will be placed there
Thank you very much.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rtdCivilservant: 2:45am On Jun 03
flourishing247:

If you have made specific plans then say yes. Remember it is not advisable to buy tickets before you get your visa.

You can answer no, then next question is intended travel plans. Go ahead and fill it.
Thank u so much.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamison: 3:23am On Jun 03
Good morning.
Please were you able to help ask about one's niece dropping the passport?

Blackfinegirl:

Only your passport, If they need any clarification, they will invite you for an interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 9:31am On Jun 03
Tamison:
Good morning.
Please were you able to help ask about one's niece dropping the passport?

Its not possible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by freshStarz: 4:16pm On Jun 03
Good afternoon guys

Can I get a USA visit visa against going next month (July) if I apply by this time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (452)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.