Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,740 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies - Business (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies (187576 Views)

Who Has Tried Out Pillow Fund For Investing In Dollars With Naira? / Legit Way Of Earning Dollars To Your Account Today,no Scam / Naijacopy’s Guide To Brandable Domain Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Greenbuoy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
"modern slavery" you say?
Sapiosexuality:
Lolol. You guys are right. The landing page is already ready. Just did it and in seconds it's there already but the idea of these guys taking 75 percent pisses me off. Isn't this modern slavery?

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
Greenbuoy:
"modern slavery" you say?
Yeah. I'm hoping Alter topples them. What they are doing is not nice. How can one think up a name and you take 75 percent on the sale? That didn't seem right to me from day one. Imagine selling a name for $2000 and getting just 500. Thats a slavish business model.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Greenbuoy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
I respect your opinion, but know that these guys are uplifting freshers...people wen no get deep pocket or any pocket at all.

That unregistered option ehn, OGs nor dey near am. I was having a Twitter chat with BrandAim some days back, he said he has about 600 names with SH and not a single one is SH-owned.

#ThinkAboutIt
Sapiosexuality:
Yeah. I'm hoping Alter topples them. What they are doing is not nice. How can one think up a name and you take 75 percent on the sale? That didn't seem right to me from day one. Imagine selling a name for $2000 and getting just 500. Thats a slavish business model.

1 Like

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:28am On Dec 23, 2020
Greenbuoy:
I respect your opinion, but know that these guys are uplifting freshers...people wen no get deep pocket or any pocket at all.

That unregistered option ehn, OGs nor dey near am. I was having a Twitter chat with BrandAim some days back, he said he has about 600 names with SH and not a single one is SH-owned.

#ThinkAboutIt
That's true though but 25 is just too small.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by codemaniacs: 6:34am On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:

You have a selfish personality... In some other online businesses it's affiliate marketing and in affiliate marketing you market the products yourself.

At least SH does the marketing if it's SH owned. Sometimes when I see SH ads on other websites I see some of my SH owned domain names.

You should not be hoping one topples the other you should be hoping they can all thrive so that you can make a sale on SH today, Alter tomorrow and BrandBucket the day after tomorrow. No matter the commission rate.

7 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2020
codemaniacs:

You have a selfish personality... In some other online businesses it's affiliate marketing and in affiliate marketing you market the products yourself.

At least SH does the marketing if it's SH owned. Sometimes when I see SH ads on other websites I see some of my SH owned domain names.

You should not be hoping one topples the other you should be hoping they can all thrive so that you can make a sale on SH today, Alter tomorrow and BrandBucket the day after tomorrow. No matter the commission rate.
If I have a selfish mentality then you have a slavish mentality. SH can't even come up with a logo after how many days of accepting the name. I have to pay a dollar to have a team put it in the right section. This is something alter does for free. Typical slave mentality. Since you are helping us you can step on us.

Throw away that mentality of a slave. How can 25 percent be fair to you and you put it up to marketing? Jump down from that slave ship. You think people are stupid and will remain with such business model? Why do you think SH now sends update on rejected names? It's either they get reasonable or they fall.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by codemaniacs: 8:25am On Dec 23, 2020
zz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by shina101(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2020
Why didnt you register all your names b4 submitting them? What will happen if they reject them?
Nobody forced you to use SH BTW

Sapiosexuality:
If I have a selfish mentality then you have a slavish mentality. SH can't even come up with a logo after how many days of accepting the name. I have to pay a dollar to have a team put it in the right section. This is something alter does for free. Typical slave mentality. Since you are helping us you can step on us.

Throw away that mentality of a slave. How can 25 percent be fair to you and you put it up to marketing? Jump down from that slave ship. You think people are stupid and will remain with such business model? Why do you think SH now sends update on rejected names? It's either they get reasonable or they fall.

2 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2020
codemaniacs:

most of the domains I own today were bought from that 25% commission.... if you have issues with their 25% then buy and own your domain names and get a higher percentage...

they need to keep their business running, pay employees, pay for utilities, pay for insurance, pay for maintenance e.t.c..

I get what you are saying. That's not an excuse others have bills too but because they've somehow won the market capitalisation war they think they can do how they please.

They have the highest price in the market. Why can't they just do a simple description on a name they are bound to profit more from?

Why should something as simple as classification of names cost money? These guys are pimping us. Now I'm waiting for a logo to go live.

This is the same arrogance and enslavement Google display in relation to AdSense use and bloggers. This was why I left Google AdSense. I hate such. I hate when you try to pim'p because you've won the war.

At this point I think I'd be leaving them but first I have to get my name off the place. The system seems to be built on exploiting sellers. I could have kept quiet but this idea of paying for everything pisses me off.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2020
shina101:
Why didnt you register all your names b4 submitting them? What will happen if they reject them?
Nobody forced you to use SH BTW

How is this an argument? And is it about forcing anyone? So because I didn't register the name they can treat me how they deem fit? We shouldn't demand for better responsibility from them because we willingly submitted our names? Trash this logic, please.

They have to change and the change begins from the realisation by the sellers that they are been robbed. As long as you guys think it's cool they'd keep up with this unfair treatment.

You think it is okay to pay for description on a name they stand to gain more from? To pay for putting the name in the best category? You can't even list in other places. How does the work they do warrant that 75 percent they are getting?

2 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Dreydoe(m): 8:52am On Dec 23, 2020
Mehn this SH thing have died in me.

I gats to revive it someway mehn.

GEO roi don make me lose interest.

We move .....

1 Like

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Greenbuoy(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
In all fairness - and considering the magnitude of risk that SH is shouldering AS REGARDS UNREGISTERED NAMES - $300+ is good money for the creativity we're talking about here.
Sapiosexuality:
That's true though but 25 is just too small.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2020
Greenbuoy:
In all fairness - and considering the magnitude of risk that SH is shouldering AS REGARDS UNREGISTERED NAMES - $300+ is good money for the creativity we're talking about here.
Magnitude of risk? But others take this risk too? It is not like we are regging these names for hundreds of dollars. It is just 9 dollars.

Do you think it is okay to sell a name $100k and give me $25k?

And why don't others do this? What justifies what they are doing when you have to write your description, pay for quality classification and in some cases pay for coins?
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by TheSTreetman: 9:08am On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
Lolol. You guys are right. The landing page is already ready. Just did it and in seconds it's there already but the idea of these guys taking 75 percent pisses me off. Isn't this modern slavery?

Did you invest any money?

3 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:14am On Dec 23, 2020
TheSTreetman:

Did you invest any money?
I invested a dollar, time and most importantly, my ideas. Should that matter? Are we supposed to be cheated because we didn't make substantial financial involvement?
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Apus: 9:31am On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
I invested a dollar, time and most importantly, my ideas. Should that matter? Are we supposed to be cheated because we didn't make substantial financial involvement?

I understand how you feel. What happens if the names doesn't sell within a year or more(which is often the case), the burden of renewal falls on SH(for SH owned name). It's a fair deal if you ask me and moreover you have the option to register it your self.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Apus: 9:32am On Dec 23, 2020
SH approved names

5 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2020
Apus:

I understand how you feel. What happens if the names doesn't sell within a year or more(which is often the case), the burden of renewal falls on SH(for SH owned name). It's a fair deal if you ask me and moreover you have the option to register it your self.

I applied for both options but they choose to reg it. I've moved on.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by TheSTreetman: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:

Your time, Ideas gave you 25%. If you want full 70%, then start trusting your idea and register the name next time before you submit.

5 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2020
TheSTreetman:

Your time, Ideas gave you 25%. If you want full 70%, then start trusting your idea and register the name next time before you submit.
I've moved on.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by TheSTreetman: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
I applied for both options but they choose to reg it. I've moved on.

If you're really interested to register it but you didn't trust your instinct.. You should choose 3rd option..
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Greenbuoy(m): 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
And who are the "others"?
Sapiosexuality:
Magnitude of risk? But others take this risk too? It is not like we are regging these names for hundreds of dollars. It is just 9 dollars.

Do you think it is okay to sell a name $100k and give me $25k?

And why don't others do this? What justifies what they are doing when you have to write your description, pay for quality classification and in some cases pay for coins?

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
I've moved on.
can you please start your domain company and see how far you will go?
on a single name if sold, you make over 200k in naira without much work., you are ranting, you for kuku collect the whole money na. What if they reject the name, and yet went ahead at your back and register it like netsol team, will you know?

You have 3 good years to seat and see if the name sold. With over 40,000 SH own names, they pay over $320k every year to renew if not sold. How much is their annual profits? haba!.. Its like you are very new in this business and want to have all the profits.

How many other market expose your domain to the world like this SH in all fairness ? Even brandbucket put most of your names down below where many people wont see. unless you have gems? Why ? they have thousands of names belonging to their sponsors and their cliques.
You want to eat your cake and have it. Human being are insatiable. Next time, any name you think what it, register it and submit it to them and see how far you can go..
Appreciate little thing man, if that name sell, you can use the money to strategize and have good names.

19 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
What an entitled little brat you are.

With such negative and greedy energy, I will NEVER respond to you anymore. Damn!

14 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by fergusen: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
priceaction:

You have 3 good years to seat and see if the name sold.

According to SH, they "will continue to renew the domains they feel are still a good fit for the marketplace. Even if the domain is older than 3 years."
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
priceaction:

can you please start your domain company and see how far you will go?
on a single name if sold, you make over 200k in naira without much work., you are ranting, you for kuku collect the whole money na. What if they reject the name, and yet went ahead at your back and register it like netsol team, will you know?

You have 3 good years to seat and see if the name sold. With over 40,000 SH own names, they pay over $320k every year to renew if not sold. How much is their annual profits? haba!.. Its like you are very new in this business and want to have all the profits.

How many other market expose your domain to the world like this SH in all fairness ? Even brandbucket put most of your names down below where many people wont see. unless you have gems? Why ? they have thousands of names belonging to their sponsors and their cliques.
You want to eat your cake and have it. Human being are insatiable. Next time, any name you think what it, register it and submit it to them and see how far you can go..
Appreciate little thing man, if that name sell, you can use the money to strategize and have good names.
Moved on. I don't have energy to type.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
tranxo:

What an entitled little brat you are.

With such negative and greedy energy, I will NEVER respond to you anymore. Damn!
I can as well call you a slave with a little me mindset. Do whatever you will. I'm here to stay. Seems like you've been looking for an opportunity to say this. Thanks for bringing it early.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by fergusen: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
grin grin
You see, no be by force say you must use SH.

Agreed, the commission (on SH's part) seems on the high side. But that's how they choose to run their business. Are there any alternative platforms (that accept unregistered names, register, and when it sells give you a cut)? NO!

Once again no be by force undecided
Hopefully if they get a serious competitor, 'things' might improve.

2 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
fergusen:

grin grin
You see, no be by force say you must use SH.

Agreed, the commission (on SH's part) seems on the high side. But that's how they choose to run their business. Are there any alternative platforms (that accept unregistered names, register, and when it sells give you a cut)? NO!

Once again no be by force undecided
Hopefully if they get a serious competitor, 'things' might improve.
Exactly my point. The guys have to upgrade. I already resigned to using the plan but further issues pissed me off. There are so many you either have to pay for or do yourself and you wonder why the rate and some of us already used to low quality service think it's wrong to tell it as it is.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by fergusen: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
Exactly my point.
So it's needless being bitter. grin grin
Take it like that. undecided
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
fergusen:

So it's needless being bitter. grin grin
Take it like that. undecided
There is nothing wrong with been bitter, reason determines its legitimacy. There are too many services that requires payment on their part that makes you wonder what the hell is happening. I think they are greedy. 40% or even 50 wouldn't be bad for unregistered. And if it must be 25, do a description like others are doing and categorize it as well. That wouldn't hurt.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by fergusen: 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
There is nothing wrong with been bitter, reason determines its legitimacy. There are too many services that requires payment on their part that makes you wonder what the hell is happening. I think they are greedy. 40% or even 50 wouldn't be bad for unregistered. And if it must be 25, do a description like others are doing and categorize it as well. That wouldn't hurt.
There are actually no "others".
If you know any 'other' kindly mention them.

The 'others' you have in mind don't take the risk of registering, renewing and advertising your suggested names. undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (142) (Reply)

Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / Binary Options Alertz/strategies Season 5 !!hot!!! / What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.