Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,295 members, 7,884,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome (21591 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by david90(m): 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2011
the only i will say to you all that are crucifying pastor chris is that DO NOT JUDGE SO THAT THOU WILL NOT BE JUDGE. you do not the basis of what happen if truly money was collected from people to enter for the cross over nyte.
am a member of the fellowship and i strongly believe in my man og God pastor Chris. even all you people talking, he may not even be aware of what really happened.
to all you men of God who are crucifying him, all i will say is that only GOD knows his true followers and worshippers.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
@david90-
If he doesn't know what happened then that means he surrounded himself with charlatans, who take advantage of people's interest in him to make quick money. Pastor Chris therefore should have all these people fired otherwise he is in complete support of what happened or better still he has a leadership flaw. I attend a church that is equally as large as Christ Embassy but nothing like this can happen without the pastor's accent. My question to you therefore is, were you at venue, was money collected and on what basis, was the basis justifiable (in your opinion), and if it is not what do you this is the proper damage control measure.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by got2: 9:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
Pastor Chris is Simply the Anti-Christ! People should watch out for more from this Evil.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 11:40pm On Jan 13, 2011
'Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm' is what all the members are screaming, but Jehovah who made this statement was not referring to one church leader or religious head. HE was referring to all the people that are called by HIS name. So I am, in all ramifications, as anointed as anointed can be, and so is every believer. Therefore, kindly perish the thought that God will punish me, or anyone for that matter, for correcting pastor Chris in relation to the allegation of extortion. For the avoidance of doubt, the above text is a craft commonly used by dictatorial Christian leaders to input fear into the hearts of their followers. When Peter erred, Paul corrected him, so why should there be a difference in this present dispensation?
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by naijangel7(f): 11:34am On Jan 14, 2011
dekung:

'Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm' is what all the members are screaming, but Jehovah who made this statement was not referring to one church leader or religious head. HE was referring to all the people that are called by HIS name. So I am, in all ramifications, as anointed as anointed can be, and so is every believer. Therefore, kindly perish the thought that God will punish me, or anyone for that matter, for correcting pastor Chris in relation to the allegation of extortion. For the avoidance of doubt, the above text is a craft commonly used by dictatorial Christian leaders to input fear into the hearts of their followers. When Peter erred, Paul corrected him, so why should there be a difference in this present dispensation?

God bless you, my brother. They believe that only the so-called men of God are anointed and so they follow and worship them blindly. Ignorance is really expensive, and this is proven every single day in the lives of the fools who flock to these con men called pastors.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Trisha5: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2011
@confetti; am sure Pastor Chris was aware of this. Lagos is divided into zones and for the ticket to be sold in all the zonal churches who passed them down to group churches etc that means Pst Chris is aware. but i wont judge. he has his reasons.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by portiaT: 2:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
:owell it is sad if actually pastor asked his members to collect gate fee sad sad. to control the croud they said; no one knows the trut. come to think of it areyou sure pastor is awear of this?
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by timpaker(m): 4:04pm On Jan 14, 2011
where are his loyalist? i was expecting someone to come up with a bible qoutation to back oyakhilome's action. the end is near,
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Yorubah(m): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2011
Man must chop, mugun must drop grin grin grin grin
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 14, 2011
that one na una, wey dey go church, problem
i am really looking forward to that day when africa will become like europe where people belive more in reasoning
then by that time, people go lev church and all these pastors no go see customers again
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jesus Christ fed 5,000 excluding women and children. Chris Oyakilome taxed 25,000 including women and children. This guy is really doing a good job! grin grin grin shocked

Everything now is a gated event, especially the popular ATMOSPHERE FOR MIRACLES I stand corrected by any of the members who said Chris was not aware that money was collected at the cross over event. In fact it keeps getting better, miracle is now for sale.

Can someone please help create a jingle or an advert template. This is so interesting.
I laugh in Yoruba grin grin grin
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by seanmykel(m): 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2011
hahahaha, abi dis wan na to check crowd or they don dey charge to hear preaching
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by DeCleff(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2011
Why can't these ministers respect themselves and shut up? As the claim to be the best! How many of them have called Pastor Chris to know why he did that? The answer is none! So why are concluding the issue they know nothing about? Haven't they read in the Bible that he that answereth a matter before hearing is a fool. Their actions is based on foolishness, selfishness and wickedness. How many of them can make the global impact Pastor Chris is making. Last october 1st his ministry distributed over 20m free copies of rhapsody of realities worth ouer #3b, warri prison was equiped with computer, Lagos State government was given a well fitted ambulance and lots more. If i may ask can he do this without money? No of course.! So what's wrong with you people. Rev. Akintoye Braimoh said PFN has rejected Pastor Chris. Now must he be a member PFN inorder to be a man of God? If yes, what about the Charismatic and Orthodox groups are they not ministers of God? The Bible reveals that Pentecost has existed before Jesus was born. So based on this truth Pastor Chris said that christianity never started on the Pentecost day and that was it. As for you guys runing your mouth, most of you go to night clubs where you pay over #3000 as gate fee. What did you gain dancing, drinking, smoking and get your choice girl for the day fornication. This is rubbish! Yet you open your mouth to say nonesense
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by CGKing(m): 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2011
vislabraye:

I don't know whether they did the above. But I think pastor Chris has the responsibility of clearing things out. If he did collect gate fees, that is wrong. But if he did not I think he should come out and say so. He has a PRO, let him do so. When rumors like this keep spreading, he should speak against it. Ofcopurse there are some he should be silent over, not this.

Well when ppl have passed judgement before giving u a chance to speak, 99% of the times, their mind is made up. It would be a waste of time to attempt clear things up.

Also, in issues like this, u have to consider the attitude of the critics, the caliber of the critics and their intentions. When u have done that, u will find that most times, its not worth ur attention.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2011
DeCleff,
Its obvious that you are a strong footed follower of Chris Oyakhilome and hence a member of Christ Embassy. I do not think it civil of you to start hurling insults and casting innuendos at people for expressing their opinion about an individual, irrespective of your respect or otherwise for such an individual.

That said, how come Pastor Chris is always in the tabloids for controversies like this? A few years ago it was the case of a man who stole several millions from his employer only to use the money to purchase a huge power generator and some other items for the (Christ Embassy) church and all efforts to make the church refund the stolen money fell on deaf ears. Before then, it was the case of his association (or fraternity) with a VERY controversial healer which degenerated into verbal pyrotechnics between him and Pastor Chris Okotie. His never ending controversial stance lead him to be involved in a land dispute with the RCCG. When will he ever come clean? You said none of the pastors who made comments contacted him before making such comments, but, in your opinion, do you think Pastor Chris will be calm enough to explain such action without allowing the issue to degenerate into the Chris Okotie saga? Listen, someone wrote on this blog that sometime ago, an individual walked up to Pastor Chris and handed him a cheque of N500m, and guess what, he probably collected the money without making any inquiry into the source of the person's wealth. I know a Pastor in this Country who somebody offered to undertake a N700m project that his church was planing to undertake, but he (The Pastor) turned down the offer when a secret private investigation into the individual's line of business did not yield anything substantial or convincing enough that could generate such wealth. That, my friend, is the kind of man I would love to call my pastor.

You claimed he distributed Rhapsody of Realities to people and to you that is an unparalleled act of altruism. My dear friend, is Pastor Chris not the author of Rhapsody? Did church members not sow into this great and noble cause? My dear friend, if I am hungry, of what value will one pamphlet be to me? If I am looking for my son's school fees, of what benefit will reading one book be to me? (Please read James before trying to answer these questions).

Do not castigate people for expressiing their displeasure on the actions of a man you hold in such high esteem. If they choose to pay N3,000 to go to clubs and satisfy their lust, its their choice but they do not have to pay to hear the good news for which Christ Jesus has paid the ultimate price.
To you his followers, everything he does is right, but remember too that in the late 1930s to mid 1940s everything Adolf Hitler did was right in the sight of his many followers. (selah)
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by CGKing(m): 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2011
dekung:

'Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm' [b]is what all the members are screaming, but Jehovah who made this statement was not referring to one church leader or religious head. HE was referring to all the people that are called by HIS name. So I am, in all ramifications, as anointed as anointed can be, and so is every believer. [/b]Therefore, kindly perish the thought that God will punish me, or anyone for that matter, for correcting pastor Chris in relation to the allegation of extortion. For the avoidance of doubt, the above text is a craft commonly used by dictatorial Christian leaders to input fear into the hearts of their followers. When Peter erred, Paul corrected him, so why should there be a difference in this present dispensation?

U r so funny. Moses, Aaron, Moses' sister (Cant recall her name at the moment) and the children of israel were all Gods ppl. And Gods commandment to his children, the israelites, was not to get mingled in marriage with the outsiders. Well Moses went out to get an outsider and Aaron and Moses' sister spoke against him saying: God also speaks to us, its not only Moses. Then God showed up and rebuked them, Moses' sister became lepros as a result of Gods anger.

Secondly, y would u quote God's instruction of Touch not my anointed, support it with correct understanding  and then go ahead to violate the same instruction u just explained?
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 12:01am On Jan 16, 2011
GCKing,

My understanding is very intact, and the Moses' sister you were trying to remember was Miriam. Now the New Testament church is a flat structure because when Christ gave up the Ghost, the veil of the temple tore from top to bottom, hence you and I, from then on, have unrestricted access to God. In the new testament, we are all priests and if you read your bible well, you will realize that nothing happened to Aron because he was a priest in the temple. So, like I said, am as anointed as anointed can be and so is everyone who is called by His name. John 1:12 says[i]But to as many as recieved HIM, to them gave HE power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe in HIS name[/i]. Read your bible dear friend and be delivered.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by regged4u: 12:13am On Jan 16, 2011
It is obvious that so many guys on NL even the newly signed in users are still against Pastor Chris, that brings to my understanding that some guys are really doing the double ID stuff. Someone just signed in on NL and his first post ever is talking against pastor Chris. These are really some Smelling nothing anti-Christ.

Well, since the gate fee issue is the case here, which i know some of you are ready to kill yourself for it, why don't you guys go on air like AIT & NTA even as far as CNN and make this matter very serious than killing yourself with grudges and strong envy which you all know will not change what has happened.

1,000 collected from members or none member, how does this affect the poor minded people here on NL that were not even at the venue on Dec. 31st 2010?

The truth is, if you guys continue like this, you will all die one day with heart attack because people & the media will not stop framing and polishing stories against Pastor Chris. So you guys ain't see nothing yet,

As a member of CE, I have witness the fact that the more stories and news people spread about about Pastor Chris, the More Higher he goes, and i like that, it tells me i am in the right place.

Some of you here now, talking bad against Pastor Chris, the day you will see him face to face, I don't think you will have the austerity to face him and tell him to his face like you are doing now,  So tell me, what is the need of what you are doing here? if you cannot go to him and tell him to his face.

Well, the devil has seen agent who he can use through the internet to talk bad against God's ministers, it is not strange,  he can only use you and at the end of the day, you will all surely reap what you sow.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by DeCleff(m): 9:36am On Jan 16, 2011
@dekung. My dear friend, i think you've got to understand that i am not seeing Pastor Chris as God but you've got to agree with me christ embassy is not the only church in this nation neither is Pastor Chris the only authur in Nigeria, in Nigeria, we are over 140m people. During the reachout Nigeria christ embassy through the partners of Rhapsody of Realities distributed over 20m copies to Nigerians. What about the other churches and authurs do? Or do you expected christ embassy or pastor chris to do everything? I respect pastor chris and indeed other ministers both local and international levels likewise every body including you. I can't condem nor judge anyone, who am i to judge another man's servant? I would have been the first to condem what pastor chris did but i will not dare it because i know it takes money for him to do what he is doing and these money comes through collective efforts of the members. On the aspect of pastor chris clearing himself on this issue, i will answer with what i learnt from Archbishop Benson Idahosa in message titled The High Hand Of God. He said that he will only listen to those saying nonesense about him if he is trying to do once what they have do twice. That's means they are greater than him, so if they speak he will listen to them but if they are thinking of doing once what he already done twice then no need to listen to them because he was ahead of them. Look at what he said, if anyone is backbiting you that means the backbiter is at your back and cannot bite your back if he is at your front. Now lets bring to issue of pastor chris. Look at those making these comments are they behind pastor chris or before him? Of course they are behind him! So why would he be perturbed by what they are saying? Thanks
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by welovegod(m): 10:41am On Jan 16, 2011
Our web page is offering a free download of about 12 Christian ebooks. Please visit - http://www.ilovegodsite.com/ for more details.

You can also join our fan page for daily updates on facebook or on twitter @ http://www.facebook.com/ILoveGodSite or http://twitter.com/ILoveGodSite

Remain blessed.

Evang. I.S
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2011
@Decleff,
Even Jesus Christ, the creator of heaven and earth and the savior of all humanity was perturbed by what people thought or said about HIM. When the Pharisees and other people said the miracles HE did were by the power of the devil, HE made sure HE cleared things out, to the extent that HE even picked thoughts from their minds and cleared issues in their thought.(I am talking Bible here!). HE questioned HIS disciples when HE asked 'who do people  say that I am' That means people's perception of you is very important because it was important and is still important to The author and finisher of our faith. On the issue of the distribution of 20m copies of Rhapsody, my dear friend, disassociate your mind from religious beliefs and think for some few moments like a businessman. If I can get 20m copies of my written book sold by persuading a good number of partners to invest by purchasing some of my books and give it to the supposed poor free of charge, I will do that. Truth is, like everything else, the book was never free, it was paid for by the partners. It is a bestseller, bought and paid for by the partners, honestly that was a classic business strategy, in fact Pastor Chris should an award from Lagos Business School for such creative business idea.

If, on the contrary, Pastor Chris had printed and distributed 20m copies without involving anyone then, to me, that would have been a laudable and altruistic cause, but that was not the case.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Pastor Chris like I respect every human being irrespective of age, creed, colour or religion, but I must confess to you that there are some things he does or has done that am not so proud of.

Please, pick up your bible and read for yourself, your don't have to think along the thought line of another man, a case in point is your quoting a statement by Bishop Idahosa. He was an imperfect man, only God is perfect so quote only what God has said and form your own opinions. Trust me that will make you an original
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2011
it is obvious that some of these CE memebers even love oyakhilome than jesus christ himself, how on earth will a pastor charge gate fee for a church service for whatever reason and yet you still say there is nothing wrong with it.well i dont blame them since they have equally seen nothing wrong with him having a jerry curl on his hair
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by vislabraye(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2011
There is nothing wrong with Jerry curls. But taking gate fees, everything is wrong.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 17, 2011
i see there is nothing wrong with having a jerry curl on your hair even as a pastor isee grin soon there will be nothing wrong with having a stud on your ear and then nothing wrong with having sex with a choir on the pulpit i see grin come to think of it if jesus were to be here on earth now will he ahve a jerry curl on his hair if he were to be a Nigerian.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 17, 2011
salvation is free but you need money to buy bible. cry cry

angry angry angry
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by sexybills: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2011
Christ Embassy members neva respond. I dey wait for their "defense" response on their chief tax collector

Oyakhilome don fall my hands big time and it is a very big dent on his reputation. Recently He was once alleged of financial misconducts by the EFCC and many more. It really shows he "may" be a dubious type or too much concern in money
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by niyimat(m): 6:22am On Jan 18, 2011
actually God did not appoint any elevated clergy class (Luk 18;14), He will judge them when the time comes (matthew 23;4-12).
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2011
where is EFCC when you need them ? angry angry
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by eghost247(m): 8:32am On Jan 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

salvation is free but you need money to buy bible. cry cry

angry angry angry
LOL
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 18, 2011
pastor chris ti da gobe sile ;d
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by POTUT(m): 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
IF CE collected money at their gates/or inside at the pews, it is really not a problem. They could be tactfully raising money for a project or a charitable cause from willing members.

HOWEVER, TO TURN BACK THOSE WHO COULDN'T PAY, that is robbing them of an opportunity to hear the word of God.

Please, CE members or anyone who dares defend the gate takings, what is really the ONE THING WE SHOULD DO? Engage in charity works or spread the Gospel and win Souls for Christ? Chinua Achebe reminds us that in spite of our good works, the real solution lies in creating an environment where Charity would become unnecessary (paraphrasing). Salvation or Charity? If one is to be desired, it is Salvation, and it is FREE. The poor will always remain among us.

Hmmmm, I have a good knowledge of the perception of CE members. A good number of them have their minds made up on the personality of Oyakhilome. It is not surprising that many of them would defend him vehemently in all matters. Please focus on the message, and not the messenger.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
Here's how christianity will end - a time comes in the future of unprecedented global catastrophe. Jesus does NOT arrive despite the prayers and bible - wrought expectation of millions. Many are annihilated. NONE are taken up in any ''rapture'', and faith in the deity known as Jesus, comes to a widespread, crushing end.

A hundred years later, his worship is virtually forgotten among the world's peoples.

Confined to the dusty pages of history books.

A mere memory.

A mere academic reflection.

Undertaken by the odd nutty professor.

It will be similar to the end of the worship of earlier gods like Horus, Osiris, Mithra, Dionosyus etc.

It will be the same with Jesus.

To fill the spiritual void, new Chris Oyakhilomes of the future no doubt, will invent a ''saviour'' out of the blue like their predecessors did, complete with fairytales, ''miracles'', and even a ''holy book'', milk it for all its worth, charge gate fees, drain the poor of their hard-earned wealth, as the cycle of deceit and greed continues unabated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Too Old To Rule Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma / Apostle BB Fredrick, Ghanaian Pastor Predicts Jonathan Will Win Second Term / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.