Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,306 members, 7,943,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome (21658 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 1:15am On Jan 19, 2011
@RISSIKE,
I like your post. Can we hook up and talk about what you just wrote? I would like to write a book on that, am serious.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by sexybills: 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2011
It is clearly stated freely I give freely you receive why on earth should he charge 1,000 naira to hear the gospel.Has it ever been done by JESUS. Its really strange and am surprised CE members doesn't see anything wrong with that. It seems a strange veil is covering their members.

The gospel is free,healing,anointing etc is free
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by osaxx: 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2011
I WANT TO THANK GOD FOR GIVEN ME THIS OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE CORRECTIONS, I NOTICED ONLY GREAT MEN OF GOD ARE CRITICIZED, AND ANYTIME PASTOR CHRIS IS CRITIZE, GOD IMMEDIATELY PROMOTES HIM AND DO GREAT THINGS THROUGH HIM, GOD WANTS TO DO MANY BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THIS WORLD, BUT HE NEEDS A MAN WHO FOLLOWS THE BIBLE AND NOT TAKING INTO CCONSIDERATION WAT THE CRITICS AND DEVIL HAVE TO OFFER, THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB IS PASTOR CHRIS, WHY ARE MOST OF U CRITIZING OUT OF IGNORANCE,SOME HATRED FOR NO REASON.
I TELL YOU THAT SERVICE WAS MORE LIKE FREE, IT IS OPTIONAL, JUST FOR ONE AUDITORIUM, ALL OTHER WORLD CLASS HALLS ARE FREE, HOW COME TO NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT.UNDERSTAND THE SCENARION, THE REASON FOR THE 1,000 IS BECAUSE OVER 1 MILLION PEOPLE WANTS TO ENTER AN AUDITORIUM OF 25,000 SEATER BY FORCE,YOU KNOW 31ST NIGHT SERVICE EVERYBDOY WANTS TO BE IN GODS PRESENCE BOTH C.E MEMBERS,NON-CE MEMBERS THROUGH A MEETING PRESIDED BY PASTOR CHRIS.PREVIOUS YEARS HAS PROVED DIFFICULTY NO MATTER THE CROWD CONTROL.AND THERE WAS DAMAGES IN PROPERTIES,PERSONAL BELONGINGS, AND NOW BOMB SCARE. YOU NEED TO UNDEERSTAND THAT THE SCENARIO IN CHRIST EMBASSY WHEN THERE IS A MAJOR PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER CHURCHES, SO DO NOT LOOK AT THE SCENARIO IN YOUR CHURCH TO JUDGE CHRIST EMBASSY, EVERY MEETING WITH PASTOR CHRIS IS USUALLY HUGE. THERE WILL BE ATMOSPHERE FOR MIRACLES 3CONSECUTIVE FRIDAYS STARTING FROM TOMMORROW AND IT WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE, HOW COME NON OF YOU IS USING THAT AS A REFERENCE B4 YOU JUDGE. THE ONLY PASTOR THAT WILL CRITIZE PASTOR CHRIS ARE PROBABLY JOBLESS OR FRUSTRATED, PARDON ME. I CAN TAKE IT FROM YOU OTHERS ,BECAUSE U ARE ALL TALKING FROM YOUR SENSES AND LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF CHURCHING, NOT WHAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD SAYS.IF I WERE YOU AS A WISE ONE, BEFORE I EMBARK ON SUCH CRITICISM, I WILL SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR THE GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

PLEASE PASTOR CHRIS IS A MAN OF GOD ,YOU HAVE BEEN CRITICISING FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG, YET GOD IS USING HIM TO DO GREATER THINGS, CANT YOU JUST WAKE UP FOR A MINUTE, AND PASTOR CHRIS WILL BE THE LAST PERSON TO WANT TO EXTORT MONEY FROM YOU, THINGS ARE DONE HERE IN CHRIST EMBASSY BY THE LEADING OF THE SPIRIT, THAT IS WHY MOST OF YOU SEEM LOST, BECAUSE YOUR PRAYER LIFE IS DOWN. AND I ALSO URGE THOSE YOUNG PASTORS WHO CRITIZE TO PRAY MORE AND STOP THE JEALOUSY,

THE GOSPEL OF GOD IS NOT APOLOGETIC, I WOULD HAVE SAID SORRY FOR TH 1,000, BUT NOW THE WHOLE THING HAS BEEN MISINTERPRETED AND PEOPLE ARE FOLLOWING LIES IGNORANTLY BY ABUSING A MAN OF GOD, I LOVE U ALL
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by girlinc: 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2011
osaxx:

I WANT TO THANK GOD FOR GIVEN ME THIS OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE CORRECTIONS, I NOTICED ONLY GREAT MEN OF GOD ARE CRITICIZED, AND ANYTIME PASTOR CHRIS IS CRITIZE, GOD IMMEDIATELY PROMOTES HIM AND DO GREAT THINGS THROUGH HIM, GOD WANTS TO DO MANY BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THIS WORLD, BUT HE NEEDS A MAN WHO FOLLOWS THE BIBLE AND NOT TAKING INTO CCONSIDERATION WAT THE CRITICS AND DEVIL HAVE TO OFFER, THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB IS PASTOR CHRIS, WHY ARE MOST OF U CRITIZING OUT OF IGNORANCE,SOME HATRED FOR NO REASON.
I TELL YOU THAT SERVICE WAS MORE LIKE FREE, IT IS OPTIONAL, JUST FOR ONE AUDITORIUM, ALL OTHER WORLD CLASS HALLS ARE FREE, HOW COME TO NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT.UNDERSTAND THE SCENARION, THE REASON FOR THE 1,000 IS BECAUSE OVER 1 MILLION PEOPLE WANTS TO ENTER AN AUDITORIUM OF 25,000 SEATER BY FORCE,YOU KNOW 31ST NIGHT SERVICE EVERYBDOY WANTS TO BE IN GODS PRESENCE BOTH C.E MEMBERS,NON-CE MEMBERS THROUGH A MEETING PRESIDED BY PASTOR CHRIS.PREVIOUS YEARS HAS PROVED DIFFICULTY NO MATTER THE CROWD CONTROL.AND THERE WAS DAMAGES IN PROPERTIES,PERSONAL BELONGINGS, AND NOW BOMB SCARE. YOU NEED TO UNDEERSTAND THAT THE SCENARIO IN CHRIST EMBASSY WHEN THERE IS A MAJOR PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER CHURCHES, SO DO NOT LOOK AT THE SCENARIO IN YOUR CHURCH TO JUDGE CHRIST EMBASSY, EVERY MEETING WITH PASTOR CHRIS IS USUALLY HUGE. THERE WILL BE ATMOSPHERE FOR MIRACLES 3CONSECUTIVE FRIDAYS STARTING FROM TOMMORROW AND IT WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE, HOW COME NON OF YOU IS USING THAT AS A REFERENCE B4 YOU JUDGE. THE ONLY PASTOR THAT WILL CRITIZE PASTOR CHRIS ARE PROBABLY JOBLESS OR FRUSTRATED, PARDON ME. I CAN TAKE IT FROM YOU OTHERS ,BECAUSE U ARE ALL TALKING FROM YOUR SENSES AND LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF CHURCHING, NOT WHAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD SAYS.IF I WERE YOU AS A WISE ONE, BEFORE I EMBARK ON SUCH CRITICISM, I WILL SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR THE GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

PLEASE PASTOR CHRIS IS A MAN OF GOD ,YOU HAVE BEEN CRITICISING FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG, YET GOD IS USING HIM TO DO GREATER THINGS, CANT YOU JUST WAKE UP FOR A MINUTE, AND PASTOR CHRIS WILL BE THE LAST PERSON TO WANT TO EXTORT MONEY FROM YOU, THINGS ARE DONE HERE IN CHRIST EMBASSY BY THE LEADING OF THE SPIRIT, THAT IS WHY MOST OF YOU SEEM LOST, BECAUSE YOUR PRAYER LIFE IS DOWN. AND I ALSO URGE THOSE YOUNG PASTORS WHO CRITIZE TO PRAY MORE AND STOP THE JEALOUSY,

THE GOSPEL OF GOD IS NOT APOLOGETIC, I WOULD HAVE SAID SORRY FOR TH 1,000, BUT NOW THE WHOLE THING HAS BEEN MISINTERPRETED AND PEOPLE ARE FOLLOWING LIES IGNORANTLY BY ABUSING A MAN OF GOD, I LOVE U ALL

case closed!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by sexybills: 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
Is it really true Pastor Chris collected gatefee cos I am yet to see any reaction on his YOOKOS site from disgruntled members who were sent back, you know on such site the may probably no restricitons.

Also I yet to read any concrete evidence on that for that it seems all has been wild rumors. I have not seen or heard of some members who were sent back complaining bitterly

What do you think
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by toorich: 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2011
Well I watched the programme on screen free of charge and was so blessed,same with millions all over the world. Didn't need to be in the auditorium first to experience the presence of God so Why complain about 1000 to enter one place when there are several other centers,tv stations,internet airing same programme except it was about seeing pastor chris and not God because if it was about receiving from God they would have taken advantage of the several other centers to be part of the programme like I did. Pastors critizing this event just wanna have their names on the media too because its a rare opportunity for them. No pastor is answerable to man but only the God who sent him. Pastor chris is my pastor who has taught the ways of God tht transformed my life and I'm proud to be associated with him. So call this event whateva u choose to,I know God sent him and has made him way bigger than your imaginations.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by toorich: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2011
ROSSIKE:
Here's how christianity will end - a time comes in the future of unprecedented global catastrophe. Jesus does NOT arrive despite the prayers and bible - wrought expectation of millions. Many are annihilated. NONE are taken up in any ''rapture'', and faith in the deity known as Jesus, comes to a widespread, crushing end.

A hundred years later, his worship is virtually forgotten among the world's peoples.

Confined to the dusty pages of history books.

A mere memory.

A mere academic reflection.

Undertaken by the odd nutty professor.

It will be similar to the end of the worship of earlier gods like Horus, Osiris, Mithra, Dionosyus etc.

It will be the same with Jesus.

To fill the spiritual void, new Chris Oyakhilomes of the future no doubt, will invent a ''saviour'' out of the blue like their predecessors did, complete with fairytales, ''miracles'', and even a ''holy book'', milk it for all its worth, charge gate fees, drain the poor of their hard-earned wealth, as the cycle of deceit and greed continues unabated.

^^^u are so cursed (1cor 16:22). May God grant you mercy with affliction.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Koikoi(m): 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2011
we'll all be answerable to GOD when all's done. GOD's no respecter of persons and doesn't need you to fight for HIM. becareful how you respond to this thread!
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by regged4u: 1:09am On Jan 22, 2011
Hey everyone, it is true that Pastor Chris is a true Man of God, I thank God that this thread is ending this way.

Thank God
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Kay17: 1:12am On Jan 22, 2011
I  WANT TO THANK GOD FOR GIVEN ME THIS OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE CORRECTIONS, I NOTICED ONLY GREAT MEN OF GOD ARE CRITICIZED, AND ANYTIME PASTOR CHRIS IS CRITIZE, GOD IMMEDIATELY PROMOTES HIM AND DO GREAT THINGS THROUGH HIM, GOD WANTS TO DO MANY BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THIS WORLD, BUT HE NEEDS A MAN WHO FOLLOWS THE BIBLE AND NOT TAKING INTO CCONSIDERATION WAT THE CRITICS AND DEVIL HAVE TO OFFER, THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB IS PASTOR CHRIS, WHY ARE MOST OF U CRITIZING OUT OF IGNORANCE,SOME HATRED FOR NO REASON.
I TELL YOU THAT SERVICE WAS MORE LIKE FREE, IT IS OPTIONAL, JUST FOR ONE AUDITORIUM, ALL OTHER WORLD CLASS HALLS ARE FREE, HOW COME TO NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT.UNDERSTAND THE SCENARION, THE REASON FOR THE 1,000 IS BECAUSE OVER 1 MILLION PEOPLE WANTS TO ENTER AN AUDITORIUM OF 25,000 SEATER BY FORCE,YOU KNOW 31ST NIGHT SERVICE EVERYBDOY WANTS TO BE IN GODS PRESENCE BOTH C.E MEMBERS,NON-CE MEMBERS THROUGH A MEETING PRESIDED BY PASTOR CHRIS.PREVIOUS YEARS HAS PROVED DIFFICULTY NO MATTER THE CROWD CONTROL.AND THERE WAS DAMAGES IN PROPERTIES,PERSONAL BELONGINGS,  AND NOW BOMB SCARE. YOU NEED TO UNDEERSTAND THAT THE SCENARIO IN CHRIST EMBASSY WHEN THERE IS A MAJOR PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER CHURCHES, SO DO NOT LOOK AT THE SCENARIO IN YOUR CHURCH TO JUDGE CHRIST EMBASSY, EVERY MEETING WITH PASTOR CHRIS IS USUALLY HUGE. THERE WILL BE ATMOSPHERE FOR MIRACLES 3CONSECUTIVE FRIDAYS STARTING FROM TOMMORROW AND IT WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE, HOW COME NON OF YOU IS USING THAT AS A REFERENCE B4 YOU JUDGE. THE ONLY PASTOR THAT WILL CRITIZE PASTOR CHRIS ARE PROBABLY JOBLESS OR FRUSTRATED, PARDON ME.  I CAN TAKE IT FROM YOU OTHERS ,BECAUSE U ARE ALL TALKING FROM YOUR SENSES AND LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF CHURCHING, NOT WHAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD SAYS.IF I WERE YOU AS A WISE ONE, BEFORE I EMBARK ON SUCH CRITICISM, I WILL SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR THE GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

PLEASE PASTOR CHRIS IS A MAN OF GOD ,YOU HAVE BEEN CRITICISING FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG, YET GOD IS USING HIM TO DO GREATER THINGS, CANT YOU JUST WAKE UP FOR A MINUTE, AND PASTOR CHRIS WILL BE THE LAST PERSON TO WANT TO EXTORT MONEY FROM YOU, THINGS ARE DONE HERE IN CHRIST EMBASSY BY THE LEADING OF THE SPIRIT, THAT IS WHY MOST OF YOU SEEM LOST, BECAUSE YOUR PRAYER LIFE IS DOWN.  AND I ALSO URGE THOSE YOUNG PASTORS WHO CRITIZE TO PRAY MORE AND STOP THE JEALOUSY,

Since you are complaining of crowd control, then quit hunting down more converts, when present at the back of your mind, a sinister plan to suck them dry. Basically CEC Ltd, is in operation.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by olas79(m): 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2011
grin grin grin shocked
Omo oyakhilome don hammer ooo. e no easy. him calculate the expenses of his life e be like say his offerings money no reach the half and plus the ones way him lecturers collect from am for skull and e need to settle police fr road, his shampoo expenses, body gaurds etc dem plenty,no be him fault johrrrr every thing no catch am so e need am.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by paulsilway: 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2011
This is Pr Paul Silway from India. I have met Pr Chris personally & I believe all the miracles are genuine. He is a true Man of God. You know some people do nothign for the Lord but they are there only to criticize those who are serving God faithfully. I know Pr Chris is not bothered about these people as long as God approves him he does not care for the approval of these people.

I remember Late Br DGS Dhinakaran. He was so faithful serving God & prayign for people & many people woudl criticize him. One day he told the Lord that though he prayed for them they criticize him. The Lord told him - Do you see that there are more people who praise you than those who criticize you. You never told about the great number of people who praise you.

Pr Chris you may go forward, you have people like us who are blessed by your ministry. God Bless you & use you more mightily. I love you for you are a true man of God.

Pr Paul - Jesus Is Lord Church
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by toorich: 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2011
^^^^thank you pr paul.
The church of christ will keep matching on despite opposition. Thank God for pastor chris and every true believer that will establish the kingdom irrespective of who feels good or bad about it. God bless you
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Osama10(m): 4:14am On Jan 23, 2011
I hope people are opening their eyes to reality.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by CGKing(m): 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

salvation is free but you need money to buy bible. cry cry
angry angry angry

You r still a kid, boy.

dekung:

GCKing,

My understanding is very intact, and the Moses' sister you were trying to remember was Miriam. Now the New Testament church is a flat structure because when Christ gave up the Ghost, the veil of the temple tore from top to bottom, hence you and I, from then on, have unrestricted access to God. In the new testament, we are all priests and if you read your bible well, you will realize that nothing happened to Aron because he was a priest in the temple. So, like I said, am as anointed as anointed can be and so is everyone who is called by His name. John 1:12 says[i]But to as many as recieved HIM, to them gave HE power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe in HIS name[/i]. Read your bible dear friend and be delivered.

How does having the power to be the Son of God give u the right to judge other christians, let alone pastors? Didnt u read in the new testament, the very first book of it; Judge not that u be not judge? Y dont go and read the bible very well, just becos nothing happened to Aaron doesnt mean that God was happy with him. There is hierachy in Gods house, pal, and if that were not important in the new testament then what did Paul mean when he said: follow me as I follow Christ?. What did he mean by submit urself to authourity.

Dont back these kind of nonsense, they r a big twist in the truth. In a situation where there were many centres to participate in the event, tickets were required to get into just one of them. That should tell u something. Does "Pastor Chris collects gate fees" honestly describes what happened?
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by sandraa(f): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2011
I love my Pastor so much

Our life have a meaning cos of the words we receive via him

We give in church not because we r fools but because we are smarter than you think!

God will continue to uphold him and keep him for us IJN.

We are more than conquerors! cool
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by CGKing(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2011
s wat iv been telling them since. Personally, Pastor Chris has really helped me live a better life. I didnt give him a dime. He can do no wrong
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by steve13(m): 10:02am On Jan 27, 2011
Collecting of gate I won't say its right or wrong but deep down all of us here we know the answer,dont be decieved by this men that parade them self as God's men, men of them God did not call,many of them uses occultic powers,we only see them dressed up shining and preaching,what they do in the dark we dont know,our heavenly father is very very merciful,he no more strike people dead like before but one thing am still very sure he does is to depart from u,pls read mat 7:21-23 , I remember one hymn its says ;;WHEN HE SHALL COME with trumpet sound ,oh may I then in him be found ,dressed in his righteousness alone Faultless to stand before the throne ,,,,, on christ the solid rock I stand all other grounds is sinking sand,,all other grounds is sinking sand,Amen.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by siyandaN: 10:03am On Feb 01, 2011
Jesus is Lord
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2011
How Nigeria is being destroyed by Religion

ANY society that prioritises ignorance will fail to live up to its potential.That was the crux of Damola Awoyokun's piece "The Next Einstein and the Expressway Churches" published in The Guardian of May 22. In contemporary Nigeria, the miracle-hawking Pentecostal churches are the bastions of the crude tendency to ignorance. For them, God is Mr. Fix-It-All who will descend in full glory to solve all our personal and national problems. Consequently, diseases are cured not by demanding for a well-equipped public health care system and functioning research laboratories but by prayers.
Accidents are prevented not by good motorways, effective traffic policing, and sane road habits but by prayers. Examinations are passed not by diligent study but by praying.

Armed robbery attacks are foiled not by a revamped police force and the provision of enough jobs for the unemployed but with prayers. What these
churches find primary is being dabbed on the head with anointing oil by pastors speaking with false American accents, with each pastor clad in a designer suit and wearing a gold wristwatch that costs more than the average monthly income of his impoverished congregation. Seek ye first the anointing oil of a prosperity preacher and every other thing shall be added: this is the prevailing creed.

Mention must also be made of how these establishments encourage corruption by placing the tags of miracles on suddenly-acquired wealth. Questions are not asked about the provenance of the riches, as evidenced by the recent case of an employee who looted money from the coffers of his workplace, an upscale hotel in Victoria Island, and donated it to one of the more visible miracle churches in Lagos. The only thing that matters is the paying of one's tithe, even from fraudulent funds. Obviously, when a delusion afflicts a sizable chunk of the population, people tend to forget it is a psychosis and they begin calling it a religion. A delusion though remains a delusion even when championed by millions of believers. Remember: the fact that millions once believed the earth was flat did not make it less spherical.

Regrettably, Jude Fashagba's piece "Einstein and the People of Faith" published in The Guardian on Sunday of June 1 failed to engage with these
relevant issues. Rather than writing a worthwhile response to Mr. Awoyokun's submission, Mr. Fashagba preoccupied himself with stringing together
disconnected and evasive sentences. Resorting to such a stratagem is the only option when one has a bad product to sell, and there are few products less marketable than Mr. Fashagba's pitch that science and faith are not oppositional. Science foregrounds observable evidence as it is basis for understanding the world; faith, in contrast, privileges the unquestioning adherence to a body of received claims even when unsupported by evidence.

A committee of the National Academy of Sciences recently said "the goal of science is to seek naturalistic explanations for phenomena, within the
operational rule of testability" while St. Paul wrote in the Book of Hebrews that "faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the certainty
of things not seen." Anyone who fails to see a fundamental difference in both approaches needs to get himself a better education. Science is a
continuous process of empirical inquiry, not a static body of knowledge. That is why there is something known as the scientific method. Science does not fear change because its method is served, not compromised, by new insights;religion, on the other hand, finds nothing more frightening than new ways of thinking which it labels heresy. Those who revised Dalton's atomic theory were not burnt at the stake by scientists; prelates of the medieval Church murdered Giordano Bruno for querying the validity of their theology. It is because of this open-mindedness that science has explained and predicted the universe better than any religion and, despite the lamentations of people like Mr. Fashagba, will continue to do so.

Since Jude Fashagba is a staunch believer in miracles, he could consider it a major miracle that his write-up did not choke on the barrage of its
diversionary questions. The Bible teacher wondered if Albert Einstein was the atheist he was "painted" to be. It is on record that Einstein
considered all religions to be childish superstitions. The scientist wrote: "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of
human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can change this."

Attempting to exhaustively answer Jude Fashagba's avalanche of questions would only succeed in dignifying his pathetic red herrings. He could spend his time more profitably in researching answers to his endless questions rather than indulging in the voyeuristic sport of "googling" out Mr. Awoyokun's name on the internet. And what connection does a person's accomplishment have with the validity of his or her statements? It is instructive to remember the case of James D. Watson, a Nobel Prize winner in Medicine, who was fired from his prestigious position in 2007 after making racist statements that lacked any scientific backing about the intelligence of black people. Perceptive human beings know how to separate a person from the validity of his or her assertions. Clearly, Mr. Fashagba is not so discerning.

At this juncture in our national life when Nigeria is troubled by a myriad of social and economic problems, what the citizens need is clear-sighted reasoning and not mystical abracadabras. In the decades during which religious fervour has gained ascendancy in Nigeria, it has become obvious that blind faith is creating more problems rather than solving the ones on ground. Witness the routine traffic hell caused on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway by the Pentecostal business centres situated along the route. And the ongoing case of Pastor King. And the Miss World and the Danish cartoon riots. And many other cases too numerous to list. Religions do not encourage reasoning; instead they promote rationalisation, something entirely different.

This was why St. Augustine, a prominent theologian of the Church, said: "I believe so that I can understand." Blind faith comes first and then
justifications for it follow. For the centuries Europe followed that precept, its citizens were locked in the Dark Ages, and only when the Renaissance
ruptured that dogmatic mode did Europe begin making intellectual progress. In the liberal era of Averroes, Al-Razi, and Avicenna, learning was far more advanced in the Islamic world than in the West; not until religious suffocation came in the wake of Al-Ghazali's attacks on rationalism did that civilisation fall way behind. The fate of the forerunner who tumbled into a pit should suffice to instruct those coming behind, says an African proverb. In relation to the matter at hand, one can only hope it does.

Jude Fashagba should be advocating the entrenchment of a logical and evidential attitude in the decision making process of Nigerians, both in our personal and public lives, not the opposite. We are bored with seeing political figures consecrated in public by religious leaders, only for us to watch in horror as these public officers go ahead to spend eight years looting the treasuries and committing atrocious human rights abuses.

Mr. Fashagba is also an architect. I hope he does not believe that the epidemic of collapsed buildings in Lagos was caused by the machinations of evil spirits. If he does, it will be of great relief to all if he restricts himself to designing his personal residence and to his other profession of Bible teaching.
In his second calling, he could promise his congregation a thousand miracles and deliver zero. None of his credulous flock would find it necessary to bring him to book.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by crossman9(m): 3:41am On Feb 07, 2012
Well I was a member of the church they do promote Valentine’s Day
Among many other pagan festivals such as Christmas they know its pagan but they don’t care but sex games or campus sex romps I can’t speak this but what I can speak of is this they will seek to match make and destroy marriages for their own benefit members will go out there way to destroy personal relationship because there is forced mentality to be successful if you fail in the church this is seen as having weak faith and you’re not born again they will say your nap eels there is this over wheeling drive to be in business not that business is wrong but Christianity is not about business it is about serving Christ and building the kingdom of God not making yourself rich everything is about money and making it big in the church what is really happening is the bible has been perverted to suit their personal agendas so there god is money and pastor Chris they worship him as god this covered up with the usual touch not the anointed one routine they call him father daddy mentor and life coach general and I did notice if you raise any issues they tell you have demons or you’re not born again or you’re a baby even if it has credence from the word of God
They have replaced the word of God with the daily devotional rhapsody of realties it take them away from really studying the bible for themselves it isolates them from the truth of the bible so when the real ministers come alone point out the deceptions there demonized and denigrated the true follower of Christ and tell you we have (Pastor. Chris, Oyakhilome) he interprets the bible for us this why we have leadership to lead us he have given us pastors and they cite the bible and proof for this like this passage and God gave some to be pastor evangelist’s and some prophets and also preachers and teachers our man of god as they put him he has replaced the leadership of the holy spirit and also sound reason and judgement this why a large portion of the follower (Pastor. Chris, Oyakhilome) frantically defend his dimmable heiress they call sound teaching like masturbation is not a sin and we are the word of God now Jesus has been replaced as the word because he has Christ embassy in effect there is many more deceptions I could go on all night telling what happened to me
I have a 300 page dairy I need to publish but I need to get a proof reading done first because I don’t want to be like these people a heretic worshiping a man who thinks and calls himself a god The followers honour him way beyond the level of a king or leader they talking about him being Christ in a white suit and more some say he is Jesus Christ they worship him as GOD because he does miracles there deceived this is why the diehard members, all have a “pastor Chris haircuts ” it is the in thing and fashion statement it could be viewed in this way like the father and son relationship the son saying to daddy when I grow up I want to be just like you haaaaa how sweet but when you look at them you who are real believer in Christ feel like throwing up on them it make you sick and outraged but “Mr Gerry curl king” would not correct them, Oh no he wants more mindless drowns to follow him and to make him rich but he will want to trade all this in on the day of judgement
We should pray that he repents for this detestable evil he has created called a church it is not a embassy of Christ is in fact high way to hell for the many mindless spiritual Automatons like the new Borg Leader these Mindless Automatons Now seeking spiritual leadership will only be assimilated in to his collective with his dictatorship personality men turn into little boys and woman little girls with an almost childish humility in his presence
It is sad men seek freedom yet have surrendered the truth of the bible to a man who now does not know the bible any more I watch him on TV and see to really honest has not got a clue I would make him look like a little boy in understand if I was there in his presence and for all this people think he is so wonderful so sad what does he bring I could and would wipe the floor with in bible knowledge
(Pastor. Chris, Oyakhilome)
(Pastor. Anita, Oyakhilome)
They call him father which forbidden in the bible and I have heard them call (Pastor. Anita, Oyakhilome) mama we are you sons and daughters and I have heard her called mother of god but this is not the norm in the church mother of god was only used once

Security treats people and the church members do it’s like joining the third Reich

Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:40am On Feb 07, 2012
It is not as if Pastor Chris Hypnotized anyone to come to church tongue If you love his message then drop a dime for the bag-lady
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by crossman9(m): 11:44am On Feb 07, 2012
well let me tell you he does just that if you you understood anyone about Hypnotisim you would soon see he is a master at it and thousand nira is not pocket change for some people there

Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by jaykorbs(m): 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
i think its time federal govt start collecting tax from dis mega churches and mosque,at least a good source of income cheesy
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Dreal007: 9:25am On Nov 22, 2013
All I want to say is, no matter the circumstances truth always prevails. So its not your place to criticize and bastardize men of God for their actions. They are answerable to the one who called them. The scriptures says " touch not my anointed and do my Prophets no harm" this includes touching them with your words and deeds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook / Buhari Too Old To Rule Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.