Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,913 members, 7,945,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:49 AM

Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today (34066 Views)

Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today / Questions Over Nigeria Virus Measures As Lockdown Period Ends / Another Infection Hits-china As Lockdown Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by StrikeBack(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2020
grin

Big trouble in empty Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by directonpc(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2020
cry
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 03, 2020
Ncdc bunch of incompetent folks

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Bakrabas: 2:36pm On May 03, 2020
brandon180:

Bro pls which work is that?

Check my sig
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by vasco01(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2020
LORDofODDS:

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-ncdc-fears-spread-may-worsen-as-lockdown-ends-today/

The money wey unna chop never do unna
Unna wan chop more be that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by specialmati(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2020
make thunder fire those people make hunger kill me abi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by ogoloray(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2020
With the lockdown, there were no improvements...

They want people to die of hunger in their homes?

Abi what's the fear about?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by nijabazaar: 2:38pm On May 03, 2020
brandon180:

Bro pls which work is that?

Most likely a Programming job or CGI.

They are the only sets of people not really affected by this pandemic
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 03, 2020
RapistOnBail:
To hell with NCDC..

We've got to fuvk.
It's only the living that can fvck.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by guru90: 2:39pm On May 03, 2020
NCDC seems like they gat plan.........

They have hidden agenda.
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by oyokometer(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2020
Please I advise all my friends on nairaland, especially most of us staying in FCT, Lagos, Kano, to think twice b4 joining the multitudes that would jump into the street by 4th of May tomorrow Monday, we can't come this far to go back fast...4th May is not the expiration date for the virus, you can still contract it, so think twice before you make the decision of going out and if you finally decide to go out please be more careful than you have been.

Spanish flu of 1918 killed over 50million persons reason been that when the isolation was relaxed then, people rushed into the street to begin their normal life without been mindful of the fact that the flu was still around and within the first three weeks of the relaxation, over 35million persons lost their lives. Let's not give room for history to repeat itself... Extend your own lockdown beyond 4th May if you can.
While countries like America, Italy and China were in lockdown, their governments were busy disinfecting the streets of their nations. While Nigerians were on lockdown, our government were struggling to grapple with how to get clear and proactive approach to curb or curtail the pandemic amid dilapited and rundown infrastrural facilities that they have neglected over the years and also no radical approach but haphazard and fire brigades where there aren't functional fire trucks to quench the bush fire already ignited by COVID-19. The haphazard disinfections measures measures put in place to checkmate the spread of the virus were laughable. Now America, Italy, China are relaxing their lock down, our copy copy government are also relaxing ours. The citizens of the above nations will go into well disinfected streets while we will carelessly rush into highly infected streets....think twice.

America, China and other nations began to think of relaxing their lockdown when they started experiencing low record of Coronavirus case but our myopic government chose to relax our lockdown even when we are still experiencing massive increase of the virus.
If wisdom has eluded our leaders in aspect of decision making, let wisdom not also elude us in making our own personal decision. Be guided, think twice, stay home and stay save, Those who will tell the story of this Coronavirus are those that took painstaking measures to stay indoors, you can choose to be one of us....

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Avalancheman: 2:40pm On May 03, 2020
Shut up NCDC!

Did the sham lockdowns by any means stop the spread of Coronavirus and deaths

Didn't the number of cases and deaths continue to increase

Bastardds!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by ajl: 2:42pm On May 03, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Let us watch and see in the next two week
I hope Nigeria case wount be like newYork in USA
Thank God say my work I can stil work at home
I go just buy petrol for gen if nepa Carry light they work online at home
I can’t stress my self going to work when there is people carying the virus around
God help us

The disrespect of the lockdown and the social distancing many Nigerians refused to do between April 1 and 17 is coming back to haunt them. Its obvious looking at whats happening in parts of the north where this was largely disrespected. The south-south, southeast, and part of southwest took it more serious though its very challenging. A cleric was seen on video in the north in the front of large crowd claiming there is nothing like Coronavirus since they have not seen dead bodies to prove this. Now he and his followers has increasing evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Mblingz(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by tu9ic3(m): 2:44pm On May 03, 2020
summerky:
They should better go and patronise Madagascar

That's the best solution for now o bros
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Dollabiz: 2:45pm On May 03, 2020
They should shut up. Only NCDC governors and politicians are benefiting from the lockdowntheu have all become billionaires due to funds released to them manage few thousands of cases and also public and federal civil servants who are getting paid without working

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by blowjohn(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2020
Lock borders lock borders they no gree
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by ajl: 2:46pm On May 03, 2020
Avalancheman:
Shut up NCDC!

Did the sham lockdowns by any means stop the spread of Coronavirus and deaths

Didn't the number of cases and deaths continue to increase

Bastardds!!

You must be brain dead. See whats happening where the lockdown was not in place and social distancing was disrespected. The lockdown ought to have applied to the entire country for 3 good week with adequate preparation. Thats the only sensible way to curb it. Not when parts of the country was in lockdown with people sneaking in and out across state borders. Rulers of Nigeria can't think.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Lyoncrescent: 2:47pm On May 03, 2020
Just imagine only 20 people in computer village or Alaba Market or Apapa having the COVID-19 with or without showing symptoms. It will spread like wild fire. Easing the lockdown is necessary but some people would not be disciplined enough to use gloves of masks or maintain social distancing. That's the worry. On the long run , Lagos state government will run out of beds and people will be left with their immune system to fight for them in their houses or die. I think the government should start accrediting private hospitals that want to act as isolation centres for a fee so that the government isolation centres won't be overrun . Alternatively, government can pay the private hospitals accredited to act as isolation centres so that there's no cost for the patient. If not, people will struggle .

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by ajl: 2:50pm On May 03, 2020
Nigeria government better order Convid Organic herbal drink from Madagascar. Equatorial Guinea already got a consignment. No need to be feeling arrogant or be waiting on the angels of death from WHO. Let us use what mother nature already gave us. Herbs.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Avalancheman: 2:50pm On May 03, 2020
[s]
ajl:

You must be brain dead. See whats happening where the lockdown was not in place and social distancing was disrespected. The lockdown ought to have applied to the entire country for 3 good week with adequate preparation. Thats the only sensible way to curb it. Not when parts of the country was in lockdown with people sneaking in and out across state borders. Rulers of Nigeria can't think.
[/s]

Are you dullllard Where the sham lockdowns have been in place, what was the level of compliance Was it possible keeping hungry, restless citizens at home

Come on, like Malaria, Typhoid, Cancer and co, Coronavirus is just another disease. Life must go on! embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Namdeenero(m): 2:51pm On May 03, 2020
Caseless:

We used to think the virus is mostly carried by rich people who are usually out of reach of the poor, so we feel a sense of distance from the virus. We also feel it's those who travel out that can can carry the virus home and infect their families alone.
I think we have to wake up from this dangerous mindset.

I'm sure you all know almajiri who are being repatriated are the ones taking the virus to their various locations across north. What does that tell you? It's everywhere and everyone is susceptible to it.

Nigerians, protect yourself. It's better to be hungry than to be COVID-19 positive. Don't give in to hunger by throwing away all safety guidelines because you feel you have your freedom back. Government does not care about you. Protect yourself...
You do know that hunger weakens the immune system abi

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by skyfather09(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2020
anybody wey corona kill, una go pack em.
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by DaGC(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2020
Memphis357:
May The Forth be with us all!!!

I see what you did there Skywalker. wink

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Angelfrost(m): 3:00pm On May 03, 2020
oscarsam:
I still don't understand why up until now NCDC testing abilities has not increased.
Why will FG relax the lockdown when massive testing so as to isolate the infected patience has not been put in place.

If NCDC is already complaining of lack of isolation centers when we are yet to reach the pick of this virus, what then will happen from tomorrow when hundreds and thousands of people makes contact due to this lockdown being lifted.

NCDC needs to increase their testing capacity cus this is the only way we can curb the spread of this virus within a short period of time.
I fear for what will befall us in 3weeks from now.

At the bold...

1. Testing and isolating on a very large scale will gulp a great deal of dough. Your country either doesn't have that kinda money or is simply not ready to spare that kinda money... They will rather buy cars for senators or renovate government buildings.

2. Relaxing lock down is the only option left now in the absence of the above point, and the equally shameful absence of palliatives. To continue the lock down is merely postponing the evil day of community spread of a largely undetected virus... There is also the inevitable chance of a violent revolution and anarchy if this pointless lock down persists. Let's not even forget the dying economy which currently stands at the brink of extinction if mass productivity is not resumed across the nation.

Honestly, we can't dodge the evil to come... the way forward is to brace ourselves. Those who can afford to remain indoors, should not hesitate to, while those who can't must protect themselves as much as possible, or face the consequences... People will be sick, some more will surely die (This is inevitable in every pandemic), and many more will survive with or without symptoms.

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by u11ae1013: 3:02pm On May 03, 2020
Caseless:

We used to think the virus is mostly carried by rich people who are usually out of reach of the poor, so we feel a sense of distance from the virus. We also feel it's those who travel out that can can carry the virus home and infect their families alone.
I think we have to wake up from this dangerous mindset.

I'm sure you all know almajiri who are being repatriated are the ones taking the virus to their various locations across north. What does that tell you? It's everywhere and everyone is susceptible to it.

Nigerians, protect yourself. It's better to be hungry than to be COVID-19 positive. Don't give in to hunger by throwing away all safety guidelines because you feel you have your freedom back. Government does not care about you. Protect yourself...
it's not, with convid your chances of survival is 98%, but hunger can wipe your whole family or turn you to a thief. Be wise

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by AmTruth: 3:02pm On May 03, 2020
Sometimes people don't understand what they are trying to claim.

Don't be surprised that if Lagos State or FCT especially, reveal the state of origin of some of the infected persons, you would be shocked by the region who would have the highest number in terms of state of origin of the infected patient.
Add the numbers now to what their present state of birth are having,then you will understand it's not about the region but Nigerians who are infected.

If you see number of infected person based on their State of origin and not base on place of residence, most of you would be shocked and stop tribalizing this pandemic ravaging all of us.

So let us not start bringing Tribal sentiment to this as some have already started.

I'm from the South South where atleast one state is not yet infected presently, but I see this fight as a collective effort for all Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Abaman001:
Buhari has being a failure since 1900 till date, nothing good can come out of buhari's leadership... I blame northern Amajiris and their Ewedu sipping slaves....
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by seunlayi(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2020
Please I advise all my friends and family to think twice b4 joining the multitudes that would jump into the street by 4th of May, we can't come this far to go back fast...4th May is not the expiration date for the virus, you can still contract it, so think twice before you make the decision of going out and if you finally decide to go out please be more careful than you have been.
Spanish flue of 1918 killed over 50million persons reason been that when the isolation was relaxed then, people rushed into the street to begin their normal life without been mindful of the fact that the flue was still around and within the first three weeks of the relaxation,over 35million persons lost their life's. Let's not give room for history to repeat itself... Extend your own lockdown beyond 4th May if you can.
While countries like America, Italy and China were in lockdown, their government were busy disinfecting the streets of their nation. While Nigerians were on lockdown, our government were busy stealing and looting funds made for disinfecting and putting measures to checkmate the spread of the virus, now America, Italy, China are relaxing their lock down, our copy copy government are also relaxing ours. The citizens of the above nations will go into a disinfected street while we will carelessly rush into a highly infected street....think twice.

America, China and other nations began to think of relaxing their lockdown when they started experiencing low record of Coronavirus case but our myopic government chose to relax our lockdown even when we are still experiencing massive increase of the virus.
If wisdom has eluded our leaders in aspect of decision making, let wisdom not also elude us in making our own personal decision. Be guided, think twice, stay home and stay save, Those who will tell the story of this Coronavirus are those that took painstaking measures to stay indoors, the choice is yours!!As for me and my Family I don't want any visitor and I'm not visiting anybody till this pandemic is over
I hope you understand

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by camsyross: 3:05pm On May 03, 2020
Now it's going to be the survival of the fittest.
It will now be all man for him self...
Oh Lord kindly save us now.....we have lost too many souls already, and now Many more to go if care is not taking. The spread is increasing day by day. Now when Dem wan lift the lock down now how he go be.. markets are crowed, every were busy, people moving up and down.. some wear facemask, some don't even bother to wear. Some don't even know the need to always wash their hands
Even til tomorrow my neighbor keeps saying there is nothing like corona virus ..infact too many people stil doubt the virus
I fear and weep for Africa..
Oh Africa.. only God can save us now cus with this lockdown lifting ,,,,,, hell is about to break loose...
For those who wanna listen, abeg protect ur safe anyway u can.. the shit is real
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by lasheez(m): 3:06pm On May 03, 2020
Are they not the ones to advise the government on extending the lockdown or not?
Why are they now complaining?
Re: Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today by Nextel19: 3:08pm On May 03, 2020
LORDofODDS:

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-ncdc-fears-spread-may-worsen-as-lockdown-ends-today/

Suicide mission for Nigerians activated.
This goes to tell you how insensitive this government is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Natural Ways To Reduce Your Weight In Thirty (30) Days / Delta Quack Doctor Bursted While Performing Illegal Abortion (Video) / 2 Small Bumps On My Penis,help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.