Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,936 members, 7,873,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls (5795 Views)

Nigeria Is Fvcked Up, The Police Are Fvcked Group Of Criminals. / She Pulled Her Pants…. “i Fvcked” (18+) / HOW I FVCKED MY PRIMARY 4 TEACHER….(18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by gasparpisciotta: 3:22pm On May 03, 2020
Start smoking SK, your life will never remain the same
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by CapedBaldy: 4:41pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:
I've never been a downer, never asked for help, but I think i need help . I'm depressed

I'm socially fvcked up beyond repair. Ever think you're at the point where you started learning things too late? It's where I am right now.

High school days were tormenting, I had friends that tortured me emotionally, lowered my self esteem and confidence.

Now I'm 19, first year in the uni. Never had a gf, very few friends.
I've been a chronic Introvert, was shy (not anymore).

Would have asked for help earlier but I dismissed the thought, thinking I'll soon get around to fixing my completely non-existant social life.

Social skills, to others, is just like a normal everyday skill, but to me, I apply conscious effort and focus. Trust me, I've tried

Things like having anxiety attacks moment before calling a girl. Ended up calling, was a disaster

I just have this feeling of being behind
- too behind

Now anyone I encounter, I feel completely out-of-sync within a few minutes. I keep loosing meaningful connections.

My outward appearance makes people wanna come close, then they get to notice I'm socially awkward and I'm politely forgotten.

I don't want this Life anymore, I just want to live a normal social life.

Someone pls help!
FP pls
We're sorta similar but I've been able to turn my life around little by little. I'm about to turn 20 and I'm in 100lv. I've been shy and introverted for about half of my life but I'm a lot better now. I'm not shy anymore. I've managed to make a few friends in school. I'm even surprised that people want to hang out with me but I avoid them sometimes. I'm still an introvert and I probably won't change cos I like my space. I just try to focus on school and my hobbies and I'm finally starting my journey as a programmer. I've never had a girlfriend either but I think that'll come eventually. I'm just working on myself everyday.

And also try to stay away from any vices. I was an addict for nearly a decade but I'm clean now.

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by zedegit: 4:55pm On May 03, 2020
mrNEMZY:
What are your interests?
Like are you good at playing video games?
Watching football?
Movie freek?
Nerd?

Just build on what interests you, everything begins to fall in place.
Let me take video games for example, if you like it, try leaving your room, go to gaming centres and play, you would see how good you would fit with the people around because they share the same interests.
Football? Instead of watching on your own, go to viewing centers. This would go a long way.

Another thing that would go a long way is maturity, you are just 19 in 1st year, you are still a baby, with time things would fall into places for you.

Chronic introvert? Don't try to change this, there's nothing wrong with it.

The girl friend part... you are lucky. Believe me, the time for this haven't reached, though society might try to pass it as normal having girls at this age, but the truth is, they can be a major source of distraction to your future, especially if you turned into a womanizer, most of your productive time would be spent on trying to get someone laid. Your days in the University can usually make or Mar you, don't spend it chasing after women.

If he doesn't pick up getting to flow with women. It might be difficult later.

Forget the make money Marxism and NO, he's not a baby anymore but an adult at 19 years.

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Fidelismaria: 5:45pm On May 03, 2020

social life is overrated

normal is also overrated

abnormal/extraordinary makes the news not normal

So op

don't be normal be abnormal/extraordinary

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by femianski: 5:45pm On May 03, 2020
OP , just build on your self esteem.
I am exactly just like you. I am 19 yrs currently in 400l.
I have been very gentle and quiet since my primary school days. My female class mates even do point out my social awkwardness. To make matters worse I have a very shallow voice whish sounds almost like a female.
Even during my secondary School days when I was very brilliant and one of those who top the class I was very timid. But the contradictory matter is that whenever I was called upon to address the crowd I do it efficiently without any traces of shyness.
I am improving currently though on my social life, thanks to these;
-I make friends "chronic" extroverts and people who are older than me on campus. I have four friends in my classthat I trust and they are way older than me
-I build on my gift/interest which happens to be football analysis and commentary. And I have been doing it for my department for a while now. This has made me somewhat popular by the special grace of God.
And I hope that with all these my social life will be perfected cos I am seeing some positive changes.

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Theevilone(m): 5:51pm On May 03, 2020
I've never been a downer, never asked for help, but I think i need help . I'm depressed

I'm socially fvcked up beyond repair. Ever think you're at the point where you started learning things too late? It's where I am right now.

High school days were tormenting, I had friends that tortured me emotionally, lowered my self esteem and confidence.

Would have asked for help earlier but I dismissed the thought, thinking I'll soon get around to fixing my completely non-existant social life.

Social skills, to others, is just like a normal everyday skill, but to me, I apply conscious effort and focus. Trust me, I've tried

Things like having anxiety attacks moment before calling a girl. Ended up calling, was a disaster

- too behind

Now anyone I encounter, I feel completely out-of-sync within a few minutes. I keep loosing meaningful connections.

My outward appearance makes people wanna come close, then they get to notice I'm socially awkward and I'm politely forgotten.

Someone pls help!

Ur still normal at 19 and in ur first yr trust me u will get better before u finish school , it happened to me too , I got over it when I started gyming , I built and was fucking good looking, it attracted finer and bigger girls to me.

Cindy a beautiful graduate of Imsu was all over me in the gym house while i was in my 1st year and within 3 days we bleeped and since then I have never dated any girl if ur not fair skinned or endowed .

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:

- too behind

Someone pls help!
FP pls
Dear friend,
I know it took you a great deal of effort to release these inner fears, but what you should know is that life is so good.
Sometimes, things might get so so f*cked up around you that you just feel like giving up but at those times, try calming yourself down and telling yourself: "this is only temporal! I am strong in Christ, he can never fail me!".

I was moved to tears by your post friend but its so so normal here in 9ja where growing adults are neglected and seem directionless.
My post is getting too long so i better stop here even though i have a lot to tell you.
You should see this thread friend;
www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/5806472/dont-feel-sad-here-ways?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/5806472/dont-feel-sad-here-ways?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfqede32plBpD4fl

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by ibiso1986: 6:46pm On May 03, 2020
Guy, I'm like you.. the funny thing is that I'm in my mid 30's.. I'm comfortable in terms of work. (I earn close to 150k per month), I drive a car but still find it difficult to socialize.. I don't have a close male friend, the female friends that come always back out after a while..

Their main reason is that im too boring.. I have to be honest, it affects my me psychologically in the sense that the next friend I'll meet might still say the same.

To be honest, making money doesn't make girls chase after you or improve your social life. I know jobless people that have lots of friends and hot Girls chase after..

Or could it be the lifestyle of Port Harcourt based people (especially the females).. I served in Calabar and had lots of friends there.

How do I improve my social life.. I'm not getting any younger and I hope it doesn't affect my search for a spouse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by liquidfaya: 6:48pm On May 03, 2020
Digmygold:

Lol. Deadbeat redpiller. Where is your family. Pvssy hunter. Now you are old sad and lonely. Waiilng on your mattress, no solution to your misery. Your devil.mind come tell you to come and preach your redpill poo on this platform thinking we will be stupid to join you in your folly. Wifeless old mofo. grin
say hie to grandma

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Thoughtfeed: 6:48pm On May 03, 2020
CC: lalasticlala
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by liquidfaya: 6:50pm On May 03, 2020
Digmygold:

Poor redpiller wailer. Your children are hungry. Their hoe mothers are fvcking retards to exist. Child support is what you should be researching on. Deadbeat mofo. grin
dustbin baby of the year.

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Thoughtfeed: 6:51pm On May 03, 2020
ibiso1986:
Guy, I'm like you.. the funny thing is that I'm in my mid 30's.. I'm comfortable in terms of work. (I earn close to 150k per month), I drive a car but still find it difficult to socialize.. I don't have a close male friend, the female friends that come always back out after a while..

Their main reason is that im too boring.. I have to be honest, it affects my me psychologically in the sense that the next friend I'll meet might still say the same.

To be honest, making money doesn't make girls chase after you or improve your social life. I know jobless people that have lots of friends and hot Girls chase after..

Or could it be the lifestyle of Port Harcourt based people (especially the females).. I served in Calabar and had lots of friends there.

How do I improve my social life.. I'm not getting any younger and I hope it doesn't affect my search for a spouse.

Do you have hobbies, do you travel, dont you want to do things and talk to people about them?

Can you play the guita, cook great food, write great stories, can you wire a house, build an electronic device what are your hobbies mehn.... Can you dance, play card games, scrabble....

You're boring because you like being boring and lazy (push)

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by kalufelix(m): 6:51pm On May 03, 2020
..Na from fart you go know taste of sh!t!t .. As you don dey like this reach 19.. You no go fit change .. That person is who you are .. You can only become more aware of your personality as you mature.. Those your friends that you wish to be like are actually envying something about you.. Harness you strong points to your advantage.. Choose a suiting carrer.., one that will not leave you exposed in the social space...you will gradually improve on your social skills as you mature without being aware.. If everyone else rejects you.. Don't reject yourself.. Don't forget to use the gym.. Do regular push ups and sit ups to look fit and attractive (very important)

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by mrNEMZY(m): 7:07pm On May 03, 2020
zedegit:

Forget the make money Marxism and NO, he's not a baby anymore but an adult at 19 years.

It's his first year in the University, that's why I implied he is still a baby. I am talking of social maturity (his level of exposure), not only age, though age is inclusive.
Many guys during their first year were unable to stage a successful conversation with women, but with time, this problem got handled.

I still maintain my stand that he shouldn't be bothered about no girlfriend now, you will think toasting a girl is a distraction till you actually get the girl and see how much you can be distracted. He should be focused first, build his grades, learn stuffs in school, build himself as a man, then he can start looking towards women.

Most of the problem we get into is because we always jump to stage 7, when we are yet to complete stage 1. Life is supposed to be simple for a first year student, don't go and complicate it for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by mrNEMZY(m): 7:11pm On May 03, 2020
ibiso1986:

Hmm, your case though.

This is a tough one.

But one thing I don't get is, people like you, don't you guys have interests?
Nothing connects people as much as that.

Though this might not be conventional, I am going to say it anyways because it can be of great help to you.
Have you tried alcohol?
I know highness has a way of giving people morale.
That said, I am done. Let me wait for the elders to come to your aid.
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:

- too behind

Someone pls help!
FP pls
Short man wale and his trolling squad.
OP go find carpenter hin use nail repair your social life.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Digmygold: 8:06pm On May 03, 2020
liquidfaya:
dustbin baby of the year.

Go pick the retardss you had with epic midnight toilet papers from the sewage where they belong.
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 03, 2020
Digmygold:

Go pick the retardss you had with epic midnight toilet papers from the sewage where they belong.

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Digmygold: 8:12pm On May 03, 2020
liquidfaya:
say hie to grandma

When your hoes call, face the morons you hang out with and lie to.them that.that was your wife calling like they already dont know you have none. Shameless wifeless ancestor.

Your swing both ways daughter's expressway dirty cunt is wider than a well. Great granddma pvssy. You.chased after haggard pvssies and she got bleeped anally too by redpiller gay retardss like you. Now she's a fvcking hoe and you just wanna die. Karma gave it to you.
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 03, 2020
Digmygold:

When your hoes call, face the morons you hang out with and lie to.them that.that was your wife calling like they already dont know you have none. Shameless wifeless ancestor.

Your swing both ways daughter's expressway dirty cunt is wider than a well. Great granddma pvssy. You.chased after haggard pvssies and she got bleeped anally too by redpiller gay retardss like you. Now she's a fvcking hoe and you just wanna die. Karma gave it to you.

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by obataokenwa(m): 8:14pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:

- too behind

Someone pls help!
FP pls
Get this book by Dale Carnegie...How To Win Friends And Influence People.....Joel Osteen...Become A Better You

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by graciousolo(m): 8:17pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:

FP pls

You are not alone in this.

You are not too young or to old to feel this way.

You are smart and seeking help proves that however, NL have proven to be the worst social space to seek help especially those of behavioural and mental health concerns.

You need to seek professional counselling. If you have access to psychologists around you talk to them.

You can reach out to MANI for free professional counselling services also.

Just send @mentallyawareng on twitter.

Or fill this form https:///R3G6iavNTn and a counsellor would be assigned to you.

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by falcon01: 8:51pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:

- too behind

Someone pls help!
FP pls
hey buddy don't force it. You dont have to be like everyone else embrace yourself the way you are only then you'll know your value. Instead of saying I'm shy to talk with people, just say I don't f**** with peopel! Simple. I've been like that for long I've been try to fit with the society, but the harder I try the more miserable I feel so I just creates My own world and became the king. I go out only when I want to, I talk to only who I want to.

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by liquidfaya: 2:39am On May 04, 2020
Digmygold:

ha ha. Dustbin baby of the year.

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:13am On May 04, 2020
mrNEMZY:
What are your interests?
Like are you good at playing video games?
Watching football?
Movie freek?
Nerd?

Just build on what interests you, everything begins to fall in place.
Let me take video games for example, if you like it, try leaving your room, go to gaming centres and play, you would see how good you would fit with the people around because they share the same interests.
Football? Instead of watching on your own, go to viewing centers. This would go a long way.

Another thing that would go a long way is maturity, you are just 19 in 1st year, you are still a baby, with time things would fall into places for you.

Chronic introvert? Don't try to change this, there's nothing wrong with it.

The girl friend part... you are lucky. Believe me, the time for this haven't reached, though society might try to pass it as normal having girls at this age, but the truth is, they can be a major source of distraction to your future, especially if you turned into a womanizer, most of your productive time would be spent on trying to get someone laid. Your days in the University can usually make or Mar you, don't spend it chasing after women.

Yeah, I'm very good at video games...

Thanks a lot for this
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:19am On May 04, 2020
Stevecreativex:
The fact is YOU ARE PROUD!!!!! Now you don't want to be PROUD again cause you losing a lot...

I understand that feeling all you need to do is walk up to people you've use your ego to send away, patch things up.

By doing this you're already boosting your self-confidence..

Enjoy grin wink

Very True. Some have this impression of me

Will definitely change. Thanks
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:24am On May 04, 2020
Kiddler:

I'm 20, in my 3rd year of Uni. I've never had a girlfriend, at first it was because i was scared of girls. Now I realise there's really nothing to it. I am a chronic introvert. I've been ridiculed all the way from primary school cos of my height. But it stopped when i gained admission, lol. I'm not the only vertically challenged guy in the university. I'm the first born, but somehow my younger ones know their way around the town more than I do, cos I'm always at home.

My point is that your agenda should be in building yourself, I was socially awkward for a while, but I had to come to my senses. I'm studying biochemistry and it involves tons of seminars, lab works, presentations, group study. There's absolutely no time to be shy. I once delivered a seminar on collagen synthesis and although I wasn't able to ace the questions directed at me the professors were impressed with my delivery.

You sound young like me and I don't have to tell you, this is your life. Live it now or never. Everyone is responsible for his mental health. You own your life, live it as you want.

Was also scared of girls, but not anymore.

Will do, Thanks a lot
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:33am On May 04, 2020
CapedBaldy:

We're sorta similar but I've been able to turn my life around little by little. I'm about to turn 20 and I'm in 100lv. I've been shy and introverted for about half of my life but I'm a lot better now. I'm not shy anymore. I've managed to make a few friends in school. I'm even surprised that people want to hang out with me but I avoid them sometimes. I'm still an introvert and I probably won't change cos I like my space. I just try to focus on school and my hobbies and I'm finally starting my journey as a programmer. I've never had a girlfriend either but I think that'll come eventually. I'm just working on myself everyday.

And also try to stay away from any vices. I was an addict for nearly a decade but I'm clean now.

Wow! Similar indeed.
I also love programming, will start learning soon

I've also managed to make a few friends in school.

About personal space, I think I'm bored of my personal space, just wanna have a lot of people around

Thanks man smiley

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:37am On May 04, 2020
zedegit:

God! Thanks for fully understanding.
Flowing with women has been a very hard challenge.

They try to get close cos of my looks, but I just can't flow naturally like other guys.

I think if I don't get it right now, it'll be harder for me later
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:38am On May 04, 2020
Fidelismaria:

social life is overrated

normal is also overrated

abnormal/extraordinary makes the news not normal

So op

don't be normal be abnormal/extraordinary

Wow! Thanks
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:47am On May 04, 2020
Theevilone:

- too behind

Someone pls help!

Ur still normal at 19 and in ur first yr trust me u will get better before u finish school , it happened to me too , I got over it when I started gyming , I built and was fucking good looking, it attracted finer and bigger girls to me.

Cindy a beautiful graduate of Imsu was all over me in the gym house while i was in my 1st year and within 3 days we bleeped and since then I have never dated any girl if ur not fair skinned or endowed .

I'm good looking, I also have passion for body building... But it seems it doesn't even matter

That's why I just wanna fix my personality in general, mostly with girls

Thanks.
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 7:50am On May 04, 2020
Blakewilli:

Dear friend,
I know it took you a great deal of effort to release these inner fears, but what you should know is that life is so good.
Sometimes, things might get so so f*cked up around you that you just feel like giving up but at those times, try calming yourself down and telling yourself: "this is only temporal! I am strong in Christ, he can never fail me!".

I was moved to tears by your post friend but its so so normal here in 9ja where growing adults are neglected and seem directionless.
My post is getting too long so i better stop here even though i have a lot to tell you.
You should see this thread friend;
www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/5806472/dont-feel-sad-here-ways?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/5806472/dont-feel-sad-here-ways?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfqede32plBpD4fl

Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No / She Keeps Smothering Me With Her Presence. Help!!! / My EX Visits Me Regularly With Her New Boy Friend (advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.