Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,429 members, 7,888,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:32 AM

She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? (49757 Views)

Lady Share Her Before Photo As A Muslim And Now Photo As A Christian / See What A Lady's Boyfriend Told Her After The Relationship Ended / Girlfriend Drives Lover's $100k Benz Into Pool For Ending The Relationship (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by gunners160(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

Yes I once concluded to go in line with this idea, but when we both think of our kids, there will be serious problem in which one to choose. of follow.
like seriously are u asking me this?
When you have kids, the children will surely decide on what religion they want to follow na. For a start u let them know that there is no difference between being a Muslim and being a Christian that we are all one
When they grow up, they make their choices. Besides, religion itself is all about choices

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Tasheyon(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2020
Que sera sera. Whatever that will be in dis life will surely be.. the Lord will intervene.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Meesquared000(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2020
Hayzed0601:

You are the perfect example of a retard.what a bias fellow,You are so gullible to the extent that your brain can't seem to assimilate what is going on in the world.Comment with sanity not like a mentally deranged being.There is no iota of Truth in the nonsense you just posted.All I see is pure hatred.Try and embrace a positive attitude towards life.
Tell him or her. He or she is a Crazy deluded fool
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by gunners160(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2020
yetunsbay:
do u think of their children religion
let them make their choices without being brainwashed about which one is superior or inferior. If marriages like this takes place on a weekly basis I think half of Nigeria problems are solved
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by stuffs4me(m): 8:52pm On May 09, 2020
Terver90:
Your types are the reasons for Nigeria's backwardness, Christianity and Islam promotes morality, it is the individuals that chose their ways, in both religions you will find morally sound and as well corrupt individuals. This mindset of yours can only create bad image to the religion you are claiming.

Abeg goan sit down... Go back and read how your types are telling the guy to impregnate the Muslim lady.. You and your type have nothing good to offer the innocent lady except for your STD infested moral bankruptcy.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Auki: 8:52pm On May 09, 2020
Study Quran and decide for your self. Becoming Muslim will be your life best decision. Don't listen to Media or Nairaland so-called Islam experts.

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Chochovini: 8:54pm On May 09, 2020
stuffs4me:
Teebaba30, as a Christian you are not qualified to marry a Muslim lady and your girlfriend knows that.

You as a Christian will bring nothing but moral bankruptcy to the Muslim lady.

Carry your evil ways and go and meet your fellow kind and leave that Muslim lady alone.
. SEE SHIT TALK. If not 4 dis confused fellow, who doesn‘t know what he is doing, who“s even interested in muslim dirty smelling and illiterate girls? Ewu.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by gunners160(m): 8:54pm On May 09, 2020
womenareapes:
what of future implications.
She will want all her child's to join that terrorist group of a religion,

That's were the true implications lies
Have an insight understanding of religion and don't criticize another religion because of there belief. Remember even the Church today is filled with pastors who deceive their congregation same applies to the Islamic religion. We all have bad eggs
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by dmaygee(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2020
kelvinatkins:

Wow interesting.
How have you been coping with the discrepancies when it comes to raising the kids?
Seriously, we've never argued about religion. She goes to Church, while I go to mosque (Asalatu on Sundays) and I drop her off in Church.
As per the kids, they choose where they want to. Some Sundays, they roll with their mum, and some Sundays, they roll with me. That's how we've been doing it for over 8 years.

3 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by gentlemate00: 9:05pm On May 09, 2020
Religion has nothing to do with marriage if both of you understand each religion principle you will be fine. Marriage is more than religion though its will lay a foundation for the children like you want your kids to become a christian or Muslim, what matter is approach both of you follow will help those kids in future. Again, they will have better understand of both religion and appreciate it.

Teebaba30:
There is this lady I have been dating now for almost eleven years (11) she was my first love, we started dating while I was still in my final stage of secondary school, things were moving smoothly, as we are both new in the game of love.

I could remembered, then, mtn with their free night calls, we would talk from 12am to 5:00am then, she is the daughter to the king of the town, a well known king in Lagos state, but along the line, as we progress in line, owing to my fine boy of a thing,.

You know we guys when we sense that, it seems all lady want us, due to our cute look, or academic reasons, we take the advantage to flirt, of which she so much detest a cheating guy, she caught me times without number, but still hard for both of us to let go our anyone, after my higher institution,

I relocated to Lagos to start life and keep the hustle real, but this lady was in Lagos with mom, she keep coming to my place even in Lagos, but unfortunately, we lost contact, for seven years, we couldn't reach ourselves, then i decided to relocated to another location in Lagos

But just last month, her call came, that she saw my contact on Facebook, And we try to renew the relationship, that's how we started and doing fine, she's now in her final year At Fountain University, Oshogbo,

Now the problem facing us now is, She is a Muslim, while am a Christian, her parent will never allow her to convert, while my own parent will never allow me to convert, and now we are madly in love, she try to convinced her dad, but all effort was prove abortive.

We love ourselves so much, but religion is the barrier facing us now, we are both planning to run away from the country, she promised to foot all bills for our travelling, but I told her we should try just be friend as our religion is the barrier here now.

If not for the religion issue, we plan to have our introduction this year, and get wedded next year, but religion want to truncate the whole plans,

Pls fellow nairalanders, your advice is urgently needed now, we are both confused, with no option, we can't let go of anyone, and yet we don't want our parent to turn back to us,

She keeps crying everyday, even I myself, and in the state of confused now,.

SHOULD WE QUIT THE RELATIONSHIP OR WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW..?

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by dmaygee(m): 9:06pm On May 09, 2020
Gosanzy:

Ogs you're a Christian, leave that thing. A Muslim by theory only.
Very funny. Someone's food is another's poison. I consider the personality first, and other things are secondary.

2 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by frozen70(f): 9:07pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:
There is this lady I have been dating now for almost eleven years (11) she was my first love, we started dating while I was still in my final stage of secondary school, things were moving smoothly, as we are both new in the game of love.

I could remembered, then, mtn with their free night calls, we would talk from 12am to 5:00am then, she is the daughter to the king of the town, a well known king in Lagos state, but along the line, as we progress in line, owing to my fine boy of a thing,.

You know we guys when we sense that, it seems all lady want us, due to our cute look, or academic reasons, we take the advantage to flirt, of which she so much detest a cheating guy, she caught me times without number, but still hard for both of us to let go our anyone, after my higher institution,

I relocated to Lagos to start life and keep the hustle real, but this lady was in Lagos with mom, she keep coming to my place even in Lagos, but unfortunately, we lost contact, for seven years, we couldn't reach ourselves, then i decided to relocated to another location in Lagos

But just last month, her call came, that she saw my contact on Facebook, And we try to renew the relationship, that's how we started and doing fine, she's now in her final year At Fountain University, Oshogbo,

Now the problem facing us now is, She is a Muslim, while am a Christian, her parent will never allow her to convert, while my own parent will never allow me to convert, and now we are madly in love, she try to convinced her dad, but all effort was prove abortive.

We love ourselves so much, but religion is the barrier facing us now, we are both planning to run away from the country, she promised to foot all bills for our travelling, but I told her we should try just be friend as our religion is the barrier here now.

If not for the religion issue, we plan to have our introduction this year, and get wedded next year, but religion want to truncate the whole plans,

Pls fellow nairalanders, your advice is urgently needed now, we are both confused, with no option, we can't let go of anyone, and yet we don't want our parent to turn back to us,

True love is difficult to separate

I will advise you stop talking about marriage and starts withdrawing

Your both parents may not allow you guys to carry on, so what's the essence

You guys should just bear it and have peace

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Ryocaj(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2020
It will end in tears
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Farki: 9:09pm On May 09, 2020
stuffs4me:

What are these olodos yapping about sef.

I still maintain that the morally bankrupt OP should carry his immorality somewhere and leave the innocent Muslim lady alone.

Did you eediats not see where your low moral and corrupt kinds kept on telling the OP to impregnate the girl.

Where is it written in your holy book that fornication is a good thin?

Doesn't your holy book allow you to rape your slaves?
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Skelewudprince: 9:10pm On May 09, 2020
Op mad gan o. A lady you just reconnected with last month and here you are planing all sorts. You guys need to grow
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by scarwiz(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2020
if you are truly a Christian you don't get on equally yoke with an unbeliever except God told you to do that
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by zyzxx(m): 9:21pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

the issue I am seeing here is the word "convert" like former governor of Oyo State Abiola Ajumobi, he is a Muslim and his wife is a Christian, so just let each parent knows that each of you will stick to your religion...

So after marriage you guys can know how to balance things

Well that my advice as a person
But biblically oo, we are not permitted to marry an unbeliever
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by fuck419: 9:22pm On May 09, 2020
This is madness and not love.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Weirdgee: 9:22pm On May 09, 2020
liquidfaya:
I'm just stunned a woman can allow herself to date a man for 11 yrs. Like WTF
Tufiakwa some ladies need to have sense.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by yetunsbay(m): 9:24pm On May 09, 2020
gunners160:
let them make their choices without being brainwashed about which one is superior or inferior. If marriages like this takes place on a weekly basis I think half of Nigeria problems are solved
lol...more than the way u view it
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by olamy7(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2020
Bro, you guys should marry if you really love each other. The truth about this is that her father will not really have a say as regard her life after marriage. His make sure you are very sure she is ready to be a Christian.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by henryhemon(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2020
If I see me a good woman and she's a Muslim, I'm not going to look back,amma wife her.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by dollyj1996(m): 9:34pm On May 09, 2020
my own advice is that once there is religion differences the effects will alway b there
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 09, 2020
Eulalia:

I'm telling you. They think marriage is child's play or "Romeo and Juliet" love drama.
It's infatuation not love
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by hybridblood07(m): 9:54pm On May 09, 2020
He dare not imprison you. It's a family affair bro
Teebaba30:

But her dad might imprisoned me, or disowned her ....

and am afraid to be identify as an ex convict
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by alfarouq(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2020
For me, any marriage or love that doesn't receive my parents blessings is not worth it.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by bodilong: 10:06pm On May 09, 2020
boss quit ooo.. D problem u will face if una we'd finish won't be easy oo.. ur own parent will be oppose to it too..
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by ngwababe(f): 10:21pm On May 09, 2020
gunners160:
why can't the both of you stick to your various religion without the other person trying to covert the other?
must their be convertion self? Una just dey make a mountain out of a hill

And their children?
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Cousin9999: 10:23pm On May 09, 2020
Sorry, it won't work.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Rhemy2013(f): 10:28pm On May 09, 2020
Religion shldnt be a problem in marriage..
My dad is a Christian and my mum is a Muslim.they got married without any complications becos there was love & understanding btw them.
The only thing is, my dad stand on his ground that all his children must be a Christian which is so..we all go to church except my mum.which is fine..
She goes to mosque and doesn't miss prayer or their fasting.this is their 30yrs in marriage and no religion issue.
Love & understanding is the key abeg.

4 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by oshorstan(m): 10:53pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

Yes we once agreed to travel out of country, of which she even ready to foot the bill, but wot of disturbance from parent to my parents,

Baba it seems you're not man enough
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by aggos: 10:54pm On May 09, 2020
Please try to understand that faith and believe are a very strong bonds. Somebody that is a faithful follower of Mohammed, it will be difficult for such to drop his/her religion to follow Jesus (vice versa), except on very rare cases. Now, what you both need is tolerance. I mean, can you allow your wife to practice her religion in marriage, while you practice yours, in such a way that one will not disturb the other. I know some people will ask for my head here for saying this but, this is the fact that you must face cos love is very strong if it's genuine.

Meet with her parent, and give them the option of giving their daughter freedom to practice her religion and see how their reaction would be. If they support that, it means you will do all marriage rites and ceremony in their own way since they are the one giving out their daughter in matrimony.

The truth is bitter my brother! In my family, my dad attends Pentecostal church, while my mom, before her death, used to worship with white garment church, and I know very well that some christian men/ladies cannot marry someone from white garment churches.

So, if you are ready to compromise, it will work well for you. WE ARE SERVING ONLY ONE GOD, but in different way.
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Kenyan Lady Shares Picture Of Her Married Lover In Bed After Lying To Her. / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That / Re: I Think My Boyfriend Is Fetish: Dear Valenciabaddie I'm Not A Ritualist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.