Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,420 members, 7,888,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:15 AM

She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? (49746 Views)

Lady Share Her Before Photo As A Muslim And Now Photo As A Christian / See What A Lady's Boyfriend Told Her After The Relationship Ended / Girlfriend Drives Lover's $100k Benz Into Pool For Ending The Relationship (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by styless(f): 4:33pm On May 09, 2020
Can't wait to attend the wedding

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Goldenheart(m): 4:33pm On May 09, 2020
sad
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Irore: 4:33pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

SHOULD WE QUIT THE RELATIONSHIP OR WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW..?
Ask Jagaban.

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by sencekompis: 4:33pm On May 09, 2020
LOOK B4 U LEAP OR JUMP
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Dpharisee: 4:34pm On May 09, 2020
Tell her parents you are not converting her but want to marry her. Tell them she can practice her religion without hindrance and the kids will be open to both religions.

This is not a major crisis in the South West. Fashola and Tinubu and several others are doing fine, we don't have 'honour killings' for religion in the SW.
The SW is the most religiously tolerant region in the world where the Abrahamic and traditional religions coexist, I say this proudly as a non Yoruba

7 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by advocatejare(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:
There is this lady I have been dating now for almost eleven years (11) she was my first love, we started dating while I was still in my final stage of secondary school, things were moving smoothly, as we are both new in the game of love.

I could remembered, then, mtn with their free night calls, we would talk from 12am to 5:00am then, she is the daughter to the king of the town, a well known king in Lagos state, but along the line, as we progress in line, owing to my fine boy of a thing,.

You know we guys when we sense that, it seems all lady want us, due to our cute look, or academic reasons, we take the advantage to flirt, of which she so much detest a cheating guy, she caught me times without number, but still hard for both of us to let go our anyone, after my higher institution,

I relocated to Lagos to start life and keep the hustle real, but this lady was in Lagos with mom, she keep coming to my place even in Lagos, but unfortunately, we lost contact, for seven years, we couldn't reach ourselves, then i decided to relocated to another location in Lagos

But just last month, her call came, that she saw my contact on Facebook, And we try to renew the relationship, that's how we started and doing fine, she's now in her final year At Fountain University, Oshogbo,

Now the problem facing us now is, She is a Muslim, while am a Christian, her parent will never allow her to convert, while my own parent will never allow me to convert, and now we are madly in love, she try to convinced her dad, but all effort was prove abortive.

We love ourselves so much, but religion is the barrier facing us now, we are both planning to run away from the country, she promised to foot all bills for our travelling, but I told her we should try just be friend as our religion is the barrier here now.

If not for the religion issue, we plan to have our introduction this year, and get wedded next year, but religion want to truncate the whole plans,

Pls fellow nairalanders, your advice is urgently needed now, we are both confused, with no option, we can't let go of anyone, and yet we don't want our parent to turn back to us,

She keeps crying everyday, even I myself, and in the state of confused now,.

My brother don't elope with her o, leave her jeje let her be. If not you might start fighting spiritual battles that may weigh you down and when you're down she will eventually leave you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by dultmax(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2020
Let it go. The mad love you have for each other shouldn’t blind you of the problems ahead.

All exceptional love stories never ends well...

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Jaapu: 4:34pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:
There is this lady I have been dating now for almost eleven years (11) she was my first love, we started dating while I was still in my final stage of secondary school, things were moving smoothly, as we are both new in the game of love.

I could remembered, then, mtn with their free night calls, we would talk from 12am to 5:00am then, she is the daughter to the king of the town, a well known king in Lagos state, but along the line, as we progress in line, owing to my fine boy of a thing,.

You know we guys when we sense that, it seems all lady want us, due to our cute look, or academic reasons, we take the advantage to flirt, of which she so much detest a cheating guy, she caught me times without number, but still hard for both of us to let go our anyone, after my higher institution,

I relocated to Lagos to start life and keep the hustle real, but this lady was in Lagos with mom, she keep coming to my place even in Lagos, but unfortunately, we lost contact, for seven years, we couldn't reach ourselves, then i decided to relocated to another location in Lagos

But just last month, her call came, that she saw my contact on Facebook, And we try to renew the relationship, that's how we started and doing fine, she's now in her final year At Fountain University, Oshogbo,

Now the problem facing us now is, She is a Muslim, while am a Christian, her parent will never allow her to convert, while my own parent will never allow me to convert, and now we are madly in love, she try to convinced her dad, but all effort was prove abortive.

We love ourselves so much, but religion is the barrier facing us now, we are both planning to run away from the country, she promised to foot all bills for our travelling, but I told her we should try just be friend as our religion is the barrier here now.

If not for the religion issue, we plan to have our introduction this year, and get wedded next year, but religion want to truncate the whole plans,

Pls fellow nairalanders, your advice is urgently needed now, we are both confused, with no option, we can't let go of anyone, and yet we don't want our parent to turn back to us,

Congratulations...you have successfully completed your mission. Religion is the curse of your misery. We have hear.

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Mccullum: 4:34pm On May 09, 2020
Let her go, because the numbers that follow six is more than seven, if both of you can live without one another for seven years, both can still live without each other forever, there is no compulsion in religion and relationship.

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Memberclub(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

She even say something like this before that I should impregnate her, that with that her dad might consider, But I resist from doing that.
Then let her go. You are not ready
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by redsun(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2020
You sound educated but your thinking doesn't seem rational. Religious tenents are conditional, delusional and primitive and if you are truly educated, you will be far beyond that way of thinking.

You make the rules as you go as a rational human, especially when it is got to do with a personal relationship.

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Galactico4ever(m): 4:35pm On May 09, 2020
The best feature of LOVE is the willingness TO LET GO. If its me, I will run away with her since she is willing.our families will definitely forgive us,eventually.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Aboki99(m): 4:35pm On May 09, 2020
God bless her dad for having this reputationas a no nonsense whom exuberant guys fear this much.

Teebaba30:

But her dad might imprisoned me, or disowned her ....

and am afraid to be identify as an ex convict

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by smartest2020(m): 4:35pm On May 09, 2020
This game should be end! Because boss and actor have equal strenth and power! No one can be defeated! Her religion disallow her to marry non muslim and your parents disallow you to convert! I think you should stop this game!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by sencekompis: 4:36pm On May 09, 2020
YORUBAS are some how more religion tolerant. IF U BE HAUSA OR IBO no try hamm oooo, EDO family no shaking too.....
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Ybaby: 4:36pm On May 09, 2020
When you get to her father place pretend you are a muslim
When she gets to your parent she pretends she is christain

True love is worth fighting for.

Hope you don't expect her to share bills when you are married.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Btruth: 4:36pm On May 09, 2020
Nope...... you can ask me why? sad
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by deltateam: 4:37pm On May 09, 2020
Romanoff:
If you are really a Christian, you already know the answer to your question.

Yeah. You should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

6 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by EdiskyHarry: 4:37pm On May 09, 2020
It's like that ur hand no dey sweet you, wen dem cut ham commot, u go understand ham.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by safarigirl(f): 4:37pm On May 09, 2020
You lost contact for 7 years, I am sure you both met other people in that time, so, you have not been dating her for almost eleven years. You have only known her that long.

Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-Muslim men, so, if she marries you, she goes against the doctrines of her religion.

I don't know of this fleeting emotion you people call love, but if you think it is worth the eventual stress you will encounter, then by all means, jump into the pit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by inice(m): 4:37pm On May 09, 2020
My brother, there are more things you will likely face and love will be the last thing you will think about. Let it go. Watch frozen cartoon, it will help you

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by youngc237: 4:38pm On May 09, 2020
Threatened to drop it if she doesn't convert to your religion

2 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 09, 2020
person wey get cap no get head, person wey get head no get cap.. I wish I have someone who can sponsor my bill travelling abroad.

2 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by GOFRONT(m): 4:39pm On May 09, 2020
Guy send her phone number......I want to counsel her....When I'm done, she will forget about you......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by ogododo: 4:39pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

The little wey I shabi for Quaran say woman no get religion. Na d husband religion be her final. If you love her and she love you make you marry. But you both shabi wetin love mean?
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by safarigirl(f): 4:40pm On May 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
Tell her parents you are not converting her but want to marry her. Tell them she can practice her religion without hindrance and the kids will be open to both religions.

This is not a major crisis in the South West. Fashola and Tinubu and several others are doing fine, we don't have 'honour killings' for religion in the SW
because the South West doesn't really practice any religion in totality, they pick the convenient parts and mix it up with convenient parts of other religions, then choose the one they prefer and walk around with that tag.

They just want to live, doctrines be damned.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by PHijo(m): 4:41pm On May 09, 2020
Yes
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Orestino(m): 4:41pm On May 09, 2020
Boss, keep the relationship rolling at your peril.
In this society we find ourselves in today, religious difference is a big deal. You've clearly stated it that she cant convert because of you that means her family holds the religion in high esteem. let's assume you two even get married and you both stick to your religion, you'll have issues with her family every single day trust me. better to have a wife that gives you problem than her family giving you the problem. when you have children, what religion would they practice? yours or hers?
those are questions you should ask yourselves.. theres a place for love and theres a place for compatibility..will two sane lovers that are both AS marry each other knowing fully well they'll give birth to an SS? why deliberately stress the child when it can be easily averted?

in a nutshell, let her go bro.. look beyond
you'll find someone else that's compatible that's even if you dont have already because I know you're a bad guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Romanoff(f): 4:42pm On May 09, 2020
deltateam:

Yeah. You should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Add Amos 3:3 to the mix.

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by JayPeeOham: 4:42pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

As for me, all things will go down well, but from her side I doubt it she can deal with inter religious marriage.

We both just confused now

No start wetin u no go fit finish!.....when you talk about marriage, you consider your unborn children as well!

Will you have the courage to dwell in a house where all your children have different religious beliefs?
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by sencekompis: 4:42pm On May 09, 2020
My advice is STAY IN YOUR LANE... ISLAM naa hard core religion ooo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Why Do Only Broke Men Approach Me For Marriage? / Marriage Proposal Turns Out To Be A Pre-wedding Photo Session / Kenyan Lady Shares Picture Of Her Married Lover In Bed After Lying To Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.