Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:26 AM

Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? (11531 Views)

Can You Really Forgive If You Can't Forget? / What Men Really Want In Modern Relationships / Guys Only: What Do Men Really Want In Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima1(f): 10:01pm On May 27, 2011
We should do unto others as we want them to do unto us. Let remember that people. cool
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by sexylogan(m): 10:46pm On May 27, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

We should do unto others as we want them to do unto us. Let remember that people. cool

it's not easy to forgive someone that has done sumthing very bad to u.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by 49cents(m): 12:07pm On May 28, 2011
@ shy one i always relish the balance in your comments. But you will agree with me that true love is unconditional else the love is not perfect yet. We have the duty of verifying the qualities of the person we have feelings for first, before we put ourselves into it else we have ourselves to blame. The love especially between a couple  must be a fusion of all these: first the romantic (emotions between lovers, many relationships and even marriages have just these, at this stage infidelity is highly probable and rampant)  secondly the fraternal (love between siblings and friends, when lovers get to this point marriage talk comes up, and married couples feel happy cos they can trust the other much more marriage is stronger and infidelity is drastically diminished  due to the comfort that filial love provides, yet infidelity cannot be stomached as the betrayal cannot be rationalsed away)  thirdly filial (emotions between parents and their children, this love is rare in couples . When this dimension of love exist nothing can shake it not even  repeated infidelity the love the other shows the other will be responsible for the  change of the beloved to the extent of laying ones life for the beloved. At this stage it is love itself that heals and renews and transforms the couple)
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by ShyOne(f): 4:53pm On May 28, 2011
wowww, ok - i read your words - I COMPLETELY AGREE

until we get to this part i have highlighted in blue,

49cents:

@ shy one i always relish the balance in your comments. But you will agree with me that true love is unconditional else the love is not perfect yet. We have the duty of verifying the qualities of the person we have feelings for first, before we put ourselves into it else we have ourselves to blame. The love especially between a couple  must be a fusion of all these: first the romantic (emotions between lovers, many relationships and even marriages have just these, at this stage infidelity is highly probable and rampant)  secondly the fraternal (love between siblings and friends, when lovers get to this point marriage talk comes up, and married couples feel happy cos they can trust the other much more marriage is stronger and infidelity is drastically diminished  due to the comfort that filial love provides, yet infidelity cannot be stomached as the betrayal cannot be rationalsed away)  thirdly filial (emotions between parents and their children, this love is rare in couples . When this dimension of love exist nothing can shake it not even  repeated infidelity the love the other shows the other will be responsible for the  change of the beloved to the extent of laying ones life for the beloved. At this stage it is love itself that heals and renews and transforms the couple)      

LOVE transforms ALL - that is definitely true - I deeply believe that God is love and God as Love - transforms ALL

Now, let's look at that:  If I love you 49cents unconditionally, allowing you to do WHATEVER you want to do, getting upset---but continuing to love you, continuing to stay with you------your cheating ways might diminish somewhat-------but if YOU don't ever get to the point and place where you LOVE ME in the manner in which I LOVE YOU, the transformation from cheater to loyal spouse MAY NEVER OCCUR COMPLETELY WITH YOU.  You may decide to allow a transformation to occur for 4-5 years and year 6 starting cheating again for whatever reason or you may decide to limit your "scope of cheating to a specific region" out of your growing love for me because I HUNG IN THERE like a PARENT'S UNCONDITIONAL LOVE EXISTS FOR A CHILD.  Instead of cheating on me in Nigeria ----where we would be known far and wide------perhaps you would have lovers overseas to protect my reputation.

I believe that we are to ALLOW A TRANSFORMATION TO OCCUR.  IT doesn't just happen because I love you unconditionally.  How many times have you seen couples giving the "unconditional love" to the other and the cheating continues incessantly with no end in sight?  Similar to a parent who loves a child and the child becomes a young man, then a middle aged man, then an old man and the parent dies and the child, who is now an old man------still didn't do ANYTHING, still didn't accomplish, still didn't grow and meet the expectations of that parent. And those expectations WERE NOT LARGE, they were small, simple.  Come on over to the U.S.-----if you aren't already here ---- you will see grown men and women still living at home, living off their parents who are exhausted and worn out from that big-black-bama they call child-----who never, ever got it together.  They are bleeding mom and dad dry----taking their parents money, energy, time, golden years of retirement---taking everything their parents have acquired.  The parents want them out of the house but they won't leave and yet the parent won't get rid of him/her. (Women do it too)

49 - you had me with the first two loves - but that 3rd love nooo I don't agree - because if you have the wrong mate, they will take advantage of that 3rd love and they will ride your love "FOR ALL IT'S WORTH."  They will swim in it, doing the backstroke enjoying your love, while simultaneously committing all types of unethical atrocities, and they, their family and friends will throw in YOUR face that if you loved them "you would forgive them----but their so-called love for you doesn't halt their cheating ways; they will remind you of your vows that you made to them before God---yet somehow always forget their vows as your bf, mate, husband.  They will utilize your unconditional love as a Monopoly Board's  "Get out of jail Free card," to commit lies and crime after crime on the relationship and/or marriage.  Rarely reaching to change themselves-----every now and then, you will find a man or woman who is a cheater that will change their ways but once that cheating door has been opened, it is usually too good and smooth for them to walk in and out of it, regardless to how much you love them as though your love will be the catalyst for them to change.  Change comes from within----not from without.  Most cheaters always justify their ways and their actions and they never change.  Are non-cheaters suppose to align ourselves "til death do us part" with cheaters-----while life goes on in bliss for others who are aligned to those who don't cheat?     

My role in life is to progress and to reflect God as much as possible (I have faults too) - I cannot progress if I have to keep covering the very same ground over and over and over again with a cheater or with someone who is jobless EVERY SINGLE DAY or with an addict of alcohol or drugs --- it is not my cross to bear to continually listen to mediocrity because "they didn't" --- not "they couldn't"----but they didn't get it together. They didn't wake up and go to work, they didn't get an education, they didn't take the high road and keep their hands off new p.u55y. etc, etc.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by MrsChima1(f): 7:26pm On May 28, 2011
sexylogan:

it's not easy to forgive someone that has done sumthing very bad to u.

Nothing in life is easy however we have to remember that WE ALL FALL SHORT and some of us get back up and those who stay down we shouldn't judge because a minute ago we were on the ground too.

You can forgive someone and not be with them.  There is nothing wrong with that however when you do not forgive you allowing the very person to have a piece of control over you. 

Forgiving someone is not saying "Yeah, you are right!  I been duped" but shouting SATAN GET BEHIND THEE for you are a liar. 

You will never forget what someone did to you after you forgave them but you will always remember what it felt like to forgive. 

Now if the shoe was on the other foot, how would you want them to treat you?   cool
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by 49cents(m): 7:40pm On May 28, 2011
Shy-One:

wowww, ok - i read your words - I COMPLETELY AGREE

until we get to this part i have highlighted in blue,

LOVE transforms ALL - that is definitely true - I deeply believe that God is love and God as Love - transforms ALL

Now, let's look at that:  If I love you 49cents unconditionally, allowing you to do WHATEVER you want to do, getting upset---but continuing to love you, continuing to stay with you------your cheating ways might diminish somewhat-------but if YOU don't ever get to the point and place where you LOVE ME in the manner in which I LOVE YOU, the transformation from cheater to loyal spouse MAY NEVER OCCUR COMPLETELY WITH YOU.  You may decide to allow a transformation to occur for 4-5 years and year 6 starting cheating again for whatever reason or you may decide to limit your "scope of cheating to a specific region" out of your growing love for me because I HUNG IN THERE like a PARENT'S UNCONDITIONAL LOVE EXISTS FOR A CHILD.  Instead of cheating on me in Nigeria ----where we would be known far and wide------perhaps you would have lovers overseas to protect my reputation.

I believe that we are to ALLOW A TRANSFORMATION TO OCCUR.  IT doesn't just happen because I love you unconditionally.  How many times have you seen couples giving the "unconditional love" to the other and the cheating continues incessantly with no end in sight?  Similar to a parent who loves a child and the child becomes a young man, then a middle aged man, then an old man and the parent dies and the child, who is now an old man------still didn't do ANYTHING, still didn't accomplish, still didn't grow and meet the expectations of that parent. And those expectations WERE NOT LARGE, they were small, simple.  Come on over to the U.S.-----if you aren't already here ---- you will see grown men and women still living at home, living off their parents who are exhausted and worn out from that big-black-bama they call child-----who never, ever got it together.  They are bleeding mom and dad dry----taking their parents money, energy, time, golden years of retirement---taking everything their parents have acquired.  The parents want them out of the house but they won't leave and yet the parent won't get rid of him/her. (Women do it too)

49 - you had me with the first two loves - but that 3rd love nooo I don't agree - because if you have the wrong mate, they will take advantage of that 3rd love and they will ride your love "FOR ALL IT'S WORTH."  They will swim in it, doing the backstroke enjoying your love, while simultaneously committing all types of unethical atrocities, and they, their family and friends will throw in YOUR face that if you loved them "you would forgive them----but their so-called love for you doesn't halt their cheating ways; they will remind you of your vows that you made to them before God---yet somehow always forget their vows as your bf, mate, husband.  They will utilize your unconditional love as a Monopoly Board's  "Get out of jail Free card," to commit lies and crime after crime on the relationship and/or marriage.  Rarely reaching to change themselves-----every now and then, you will find a man or woman who is a cheater that will change their ways but once that cheating door has been opened, it is usually too good and smooth for them to walk in and out of it, regardless to how much you love them as though your love will be the catalyst for them to change.  Change comes from within----not from without.  Most cheaters always justify their ways and their actions and they never change.  Are non-cheaters suppose to align ourselves "til death do us part" with cheaters-----while life goes on in bliss for others who are aligned to those who don't cheat?     

My role in life is to progress and to reflect God as much as possible (I have faults too) - I cannot progress if I have to keep covering the very same ground over and over and over again with a cheater or with someone who is jobless EVERY SINGLE DAY or with an addict of alcohol or drugs --- it is not my cross to bear to continually listen to mediocrity because "they didn't" --- not "they couldn't"----but they didn't get it together.  They didn't wake up and go to work, they didn't get an education, they didn't take the high road and keep their hands off new p.u55y.  etc, etc.

@ SHY one. I SEE WERE YOU ARE COMING FROM I THINK I UNDERSTAND YOUR LINE OF THOUGHT.

First and foremost i am not saying you should love me, as a spouse (for instance) without carrying out the necessary checks on my maturity in understanding what committed love is all about; that is why it is VERY important to do your checks properly and to be brave in letting go of the person during the courtship period when you notice that i don't have for instance an wholesome attitude towards commitment.
Unmarried couples who have celibate  relationships are more likely to know their partners true attitude towards fidelity.

When i speak of love between parents and their children am talking about the fact that parents see loving children as their "destiny". A parents' love for their child must not be indulging (GOD'S LOVE DOES NOT INDULGE US, IT SEEKS TO CORRECT,) SAME GOES FOR A PERSON'S LOVE THEIR PARTNER. We must never allow sentiments to get in the way, no issue must be swept under the carpet especially before vows are exchanged, no hoping that we will change them; if they dont measure up to a basic standard then that's it,
We can marry for the wrong reasons (like the sex is good, or he/she is doing fine/or has a university degree, there is much more to all these) We cant marry carelessly and expect bliss.

Couples who profess love must see themselves in that light (of loving the other who is now part of your destiny, like in parental love). We are all on a journey of life, a once strong and well disposed spouse can slip into a bad habit which maybe drunkenness or sth, our love must bear them up but not in an indulging them is not in an indulgent  way.

The vocation of marriage is great and profound, whose meaning is mysteriously linked with  concept grand and lofty s the Maker who summoned us into existence and calls us into his love. Without this judgment  our love would necessarily stop at the fraternal level.

We can only say we love when we put our lives in the line, Jesus says no greater love can one have than to lay his life for his friend. Love is a belief/cause that we are willing to die daily for even if the the beloved does not transform in our eyes we love (not pamper) all the same. The reality is that the world and the humans that live in it are imperfect but we are called to be perfect like our heavenly Father is. Yes we can be soldiers, we can be soldiers of Love.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by ShyOne(f): 8:11pm On May 28, 2011
@ 49

I bow to you - you won

you are absolutely correct

this that you wrote

thank you for taking the time out of your day today to assist me in lifting my thought.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by 49cents(m): 2:11pm On May 29, 2011
@shy one. But it is not a debate lol. It was a real pleasure rubbing minds with you. Have a great week ahead.
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
Cos dier DOGS? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed How can a dog forgive n forget?! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do Men Really Forgive & Forget? by Ridiculed: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
Well, in Brasil a man who's wife or girlfriend has cheated on him is called a Corno. Corno in portuguese is "horns", horns of the bull. You see, a cattle Bull doesn't care if other Bulls screw any of the cows he screws.
If other people know your girlfriend/wife cheated on you then they call you a Corno. It basically is like calling you a fool. Other men would dump their woman out of pride for their manhood if she cheated. Those same men will not respect you if you stay with a girl after she has cheated. It means that you must be desperate and can't get another woman. So rather than originally your woman, the woman you love, being your pride and joy, now she is your shame and misery. By continuing to stay with her she now symbolises your inability to get another girl whereas before she cheated on you she symbolized what you CHOSE to be with not what you can get and in this case you chose your girl to be her. Now it looks like you were lucky to get her and you are so desperate to stay with her because you can't replace her with a girl who is faithful.
Its a total mess. What I am saying here is that its not so much men as it is society. Even Braislian women would think you are a corno because thats the culture. And other men are always trying to hit on an attractive woman, regardless of whether she is attached to someone else.
If someone cheats on you with infidelity, I know its hard, really hard if you truly loved them, but you have to kick them to the curb.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happened The First Night? My Hubby & I Married As Virgins / VIDEO: Male Teacher Flogs JSS Female Student After Condom Was Found In Her Bag / How To Handle Your Partner’s Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.