Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,308 members, 7,967,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:18 AM

Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec (12268 Views)

Ministerial List: Those who Were Hopeful, But Have Been Disappointed! / NANS Tells Buhari: “You Have Disappointed Us In Your 100 Days In Office” / Prove Your Allegations Against Us, INEC Dares PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by monkeyleg: 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
The corpers should be absolved of all blame.

Jega must own up now, and apologise for falsely accusing the Corpers, and this total sham of a registeration thing. But I warned people
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by earthrealm(m): 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2011
nigeria is a country OF CLOWNS masquerading as humans!!!

the whole nation is 2 be blamed,  inec, the corpers, the citizens, past n present leaders,
nuthin works in this silly country, abso-fuc,kingly-lutely nuthin!!!
with the mud pits u call roads, the shitty power supply,  the  greed,the cruelty,, the sleaze, the ignorance and crass stupidity of a greater percentage of the citizenry!!,

jeeeeeez, some1  gimme me  an A BOMB!!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by wesley80(m): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
earthrealm:

nigeria is a country OF CLOWNS masquerading as humans!!!

the whole nation is 2 be blamed, inec, the corpers, the citizens, past n present leaders,
with the mud pits u call roads, the shitty power supply, the greed,the cruelty,, the sleaze, the ignorance and crass stupidity of a greater percentage of the citizenry!!,

jeeeeeez, some1 gimme me an A BOMB!!!

Someone's gonna lose his job. Who let the loony out of his strait jacket?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Wylout: 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2011
It is true some Nigerian graduates are not worthy to be called graduates.
I personally don't think its fair to put them all under the same umbrella.
How sophisticated can a laptop be?
Just data entry?

INEC, No deceive yaself abeg!!!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Bright2(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
yes,what happened has happened.Inec should go from one registration centre to the other to assist them do this job because we need this job to be done on time & not all these excuses,actually some computers run on machine language, this type of machine doesn't operate with advance languge programme like the third generation computers but how ever corpers should be able to work with those systems. The corpers are also trying just that the turn out of masses this for registration is high compare to previous registration excercise. Pls if possible more time is needed for this job to be accomplish.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by ireneann: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
I think the buck stops with INEC! It took our former president 2hours before he could be registered! Would you attribute that to Corper's fault.

The fingerprint scanning machine is the problem here. I remember when people were being registered for the National ID card scheme, once you have a wound or scar on your finger, it becomes a herculean task to scan such finger.

And tell me which Nigerian has a flawless finger that is not marred by hardship we have endured in this bloody entity called a nation?

I want to use this forum to tell the corpers that are involved in this exercise nationwide to protest this slap in the face by the INEC chairman. Because what this amounts to is that their certificates are not worth the paper its typed on.

My 1 kobo.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^ I think it would make sense if they had at least 1000 of the trainers going from one center to another, state to state, to help bring these people up to speed on the machines. At this point, JEGA needs to be in damage control mode.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Solozzo(m): 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2011
INEC is only looking for scapegoats for their own inefficiency which is the usual scenario in Naija. You need not be a graduate to operate these machines. All that is required is good training and practice with them. These would include field trials and supervision long before the day of use. I read most of the errors were inherent to the machines themselves; they misidentified fingerprints, were slow to respond and the printers were malfunctioning. These are not NYSC errors.  Troubleshooting solutions and backup supports should be available. Field trials would help with skill building and detection of errors inherent to the machines. INEC should learn to take responsibility.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by jmaine: 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
Going through this thread have exposed one single fact to me. . . That most people who rave have little or no experience on what is obtainable on ground. They just rant and rant with absolute no idea or experience of what transpired. Those INEC machines are painfully faulty and inferior, i was even thinking whether it came in with a 10MB ram and a processor speed of say maybe 0.1Ghz or something angry. entering the data is quite fluent and fast but as soon as you get close to the finger print machine, My God, the spirit of frustration holds sway due to the unique trait of the machine to freeze after completing 9/10 finger prints capture. you need to reboot the system to start all over again. Those machines are glaringly inferior to those utilized by the telecommunication outfits deployed for Sim registration. Though some of the corp members lack fluent computers skills but those machines accounts for 80% of the challenges we faced while registering. I[b]NEC just have to stand up and face the fact that their contractors imported shyte for the reg exercises.[/b] Considering how much we spent especially patronizing Zinox computers.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by steadymind(m): 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
Ahba, did the government make provision for Nigerian undergraduates to learn the use of a computer? NO, but the same government assumes that these graduates can comfortably use computers.

Even if they can use computers, they obviously have never used the data capture program, they would require some training.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by mrperfect(m): 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
Not good news, should keep on working to be better the situation as it too earlier to say this.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by kpozite(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2011
It is out of ineptitude of INEC that they took it for granted that a graduate should be computer literate in as much as it should be so is INEC not aware of the situation in Nigeria? Are they foreigners?
I'm it is not corpers that were awarded the contract to supply finger print scanners and printers that turned out to be FAKE and SUBSTANDARD. The logistics failed woefully who is responsible for that, corpers? Chei ! ! People should take responsibility of their mistakes that is the only way they can correct ourselves. So INEC stop beating about the bush.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Tolulop001(f): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
whoever came up with the idea that corpers are to blame must be a fool (God forgive me) angry

im a corper, and i ran away from this nonsense called INEC ad hoc staff rubbish because it was bound to be a disaster!

for starters, the training that was done over 2 days was a total waste of time

my corper colleagues were loafing around because the so called training staff were no where to be found

how dare they blame the corpers? is it not the same DDC machine that was rejecting fingerprints?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by vincent10(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
I am a corper. After the training we realize the finger print scanners were faulty. These complain were made known to INEC officals but they told us it is national issue and we should use it like that and stop complaining. A case of Olusegun Obasanjo where it took 2hours for him to register with the presence of the state Residential Electoral Officer
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Tolulop001(f): 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
vincent_09:

I am a corper. After the training we realize the finger print scanners were faulty. These complain were made known to INEC officals but they told us it is national issue and we should use it like that and stop complaining. A case of Olusegun Obasanjo where it took 2hours for him to register with the presence of the state Residential Electoral Officer

see? arrant nonsense! them dan swear for this country Nigeria angry
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by vincent10(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
jmaine:

Going through this thread have exposed one single fact to me. . . That most people who rave have little or no experience on what is obtainable on ground. They just rant and rant with absolute no idea or experience of what transpired. Those INEC machines are painfully faulty and inferior, i was even thinking whether it came in with a 10MB ram and a processor speed of say maybe 0.1Ghz or something angry. entering the data is quite fluent and fast but as soon as you get close to the finger print machine, My God, the spirit of frustration holds sway due to the unique trait of the machine to freeze after completing 9/10 finger prints capture. you need to reboot the system to start all over again. Those machines are glaringly inferior to those utilized by the telecommunication outfits deployed for Sim registration. Though some of the corp members lack fluent computers skills but those machines accounts for 80% of the challenges we faced while registering. I[s]NEC just have to stand up and face the fact that their contractors imported shyte for the reg exercises. Considering how much we spent especially patronizing Zinox computers.
[/s]
Honestly,i'm short of words at th stuppidity of INEC.

why did they contract zinox if not to steal money as usual ? The nationwide sim registration costs about #7 billion and the system used by the mobile operators is Hp compaq mini with all the accessories giving inec nightmares.why did inec not borrow the ideas of these mobile operators ?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by jidxin(m): 6:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
I am a corper currently working for INEC @ Borikiri, Rivers state.The issue is that Government has FAILED again.The reasons?
1. The whole system entails more than just being computer literate.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by aikuda(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
Can someone provide the name models of the computers and other equipments INEC is using for the registration? Then we can find the features of the equipment. That is what what Smart Corpers would do now that they say its the machine that is faulty. you have cell phones, take pictures and upload your experience online. Let other Nigerians see what you are going through. In other parts of the world, INEC's Ass would have been exposed by now.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2011
jidxin:

I am a corper currently working for INEC @ Borikiri, Rivers state.The issue is that Government has FAILED again.The reasons?
1. The whole system entails more than just being computer literate.

Can we get more information on the system please?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Mavor: 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
I can tell you first hand cos I am one of those involved in the registration of voters and I am a Computer guru that INEC is full of shit. The laptop and finger print scanner are made in China. Imagine, the laptop has no processor fan. It uses an inefficient heat sink on the processor to remove heat, so every now and then ( every 2 hrs ), after constant use, the laptop will go off due to over heat, also, the keyboard becomes too warm to touch. Secondly and most importantly, the fingerprint scanner is the biggest problem with this exercise. The software for it that interfaces with the laptop was badly designed. Any small dirt on a finger tip gives the laptop problem, secondly, the laptop will be attributing the fingerprint of one person to another, hereby giving error during individual voter's bio-data collation. We all know that no 2 human beings in this world have the same fngerpriint. For example, lets say Individual A comes and registers and goes away afterwards, when Individual C [/b]comes to do his fingerprint scanning, the scanner software will be claiming that [b]Individual C's left-hand little finger has the same finger print as Individual A's left-hand thumb finger print and that is not realistically possible, as a result, error in data acquistion. How much National Assembly give Iwu and Jega for the DDC machine, dem go dey import Chinese sub-standard product, pocket the rest money, instead of them to procure solid DDC machine's. This exercise was bleeped, even before dem start.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ remii, texazpete et al
try n confirm anytim b4 postin trash.
d only problem wit d system is was d finger print scanner. my RACO (if u no wt dt mins) said dey purpsly downgraded d versn 4rm 1.8 to 1.2 to prvnt multpl reg (i stil dnt get d logic behind it)
ystday i cld only reg 6 ppl bt tday i reg 58.
BTW, d installed OS is Ubuntu and u cant edit 1ce u save
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2011
Mavor:

I can tell you first hand cos I am one of those involved in the registration of voters and I am a Computer guru that INEC is full of poo. The laptop and finger print scanner are made in China. Imagine, the laptop has no processor fan. It uses an inefficient heat sink on the processor to remove heat, so every now and then ( every 2 hrs ), after constant use, the laptop will go off due to over heat, also, the keyboard becomes too warm to touch. Secondly and most importantly, the fingerprint scanner is the biggest problem with this exercise. The software for it that interfaces with the laptop was badly designed. Any small dirt on a finger tip gives the laptop problem, secondly, the laptop will be attributing the fingerprint of one person to another, hereby giving error during individual voter's bio-data collation. We all know that no 2 human beings in this world have the same fngerpriint. For example, lets say Individual A comes and registers and goes away afterwards, when Individual C [/b]comes to do his fingerprint scanning, the scanner software will be claiming that [b]Individual C's left-hand little finger has the same finger print as Individual A's left-hand thumb finger print and that is not realistically possible, as a result, error in data acquistion. How much National Assembly give Iwu and Jega for the DDC machine, dem go dey import Chinese sub-standard product, pocket the rest money, instead of them to procure solid DDC machine's. This exercise was bleeped, even before dem start.

[size=15pt]OMG[/size] I hope you have let INEC know of this?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by occam(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
A really pathetic statement  by that INEC officer.  Throwing corpers under the bus is a typical attitude of leaders in Nigeria; they will never accept responsibility for their failure. The Buck stops with INEC. period. We don't need silly excuses but their assurance that they can run this election smoothly. Jega needs to personally apologize to those poor corpers & redeploy (or remove) that silly official.  

Leadership should always accept responsibility for problems and outline solutions to rectify them. Apparently I was expecting too much from INEC leadership. Now they are playing the blame game: this time it's the corpers, I wonder who they will blame when they can't deliver on running a smooth election.

BTW, people heaping the blame on corpers are dead wrong. Stop sidestepping the issue and focus on INEC'S lack of proper planning. Yes, we know our educational system is in a sad state, but that is not the issue for discussion.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Wumine(f): 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2011
OMG! Where's Nigeria heading to? I hope not disaster!!! Its even worse than i thought. Now we r hearing the sides of the corpers and knew twasnt their fault but how more messed up could it get May God help Nigeria o!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by earthrealm(m): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
nigeria is a country OF [size=18pt]CLOWNS[/size] masquerading as humans!!!

the whole nation is 2 be blamed,  inec, the corpers, the citizens, past n present leaders,
with the mud pits u call roads, the shitty power supply,  the  greed,the cruelty,, the sleaze, the ignorance and crass stupidity of a greater percentage of the citizenry!!,

jeeeeeez, some1  gimme me   A NUKE!!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
Mavor:

I can tell you first hand cos I am one of those involved in the registration of voters and I am a Computer guru that INEC is full of poo. The laptop and finger print scanner are made in China. Imagine, the laptop has no processor fan. It uses an inefficient heat sink on the processor to remove heat, so every now and then ( every 2 hrs ), after constant use, the laptop will go off due to over heat, also, the keyboard becomes too warm to touch. Secondly and most importantly, the fingerprint scanner is the biggest problem with this exercise. The software for it that interfaces with the laptop was badly designed. Any small dirt on a finger tip gives the laptop problem, secondly, the laptop will be attributing the fingerprint of one person to another, hereby giving error during individual voter's bio-data collation. We all know that no 2 human beings in this world have the same fngerpriint. For example, lets say Individual A comes and registers and goes away afterwards, when Individual C [/b]comes to do his fingerprint scanning, the scanner software will be claiming that [b]Individual C's left-hand little finger has the same finger print as Individual A's left-hand thumb finger print and that is not realistically possible, as a result, error in data acquistion. How much National Assembly give Iwu and Jega for the DDC machine, dem go dey import Chinese sub-standard product, pocket the rest money, instead of them to procure solid DDC machine's. This exercise was bleeped, even before dem start.
Yet the idiots keep blaming corper for their failure.
thanks for the info !
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by occam(m): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
Mavor:

Bravo for your insight.  These people will never do the right thing if their lives depended on it.  Imagine, using crappy machines to help determine the destiny of a nation. why do they always think of their pockets first? N87 billion going down the drawn (or pockets of some pot belly contractor
and is cohorts in INEC)? I give up!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by andyanders: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
WELL, AS YOU KNOW, WHAT OUR UNIVERSITIES TURNS OUT NOW ARE HALF BAKED GRADUATES WHO WERE ABLE TO PASS THROUGH THE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM FRAUDULENTLY.WILL INEC CUT OPEN THEIR BRAIN TO GET THINGS RIGHT?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by pariski(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2011
Let us be frank with ourselves, INEC should take 90% of the blame for shaddy preparation and costly assumption. After all the money collected they cann't envisage such logistic problem. Why is it on tail end of conducting general election should voters registration be done? Any training /demonstration on how to use DDC machine and finger print scanning prior to registration? Do they test those machine to see their efficiency after arrival in Nigeria? Under what condition were they stored? Now we are in harmattarn season that everything got frozen and dusty. Are they supply with alternate power source in case their battery completely discharge. Most Nigerians check their e-mail and join social network via browsing mobile handset. They didn't  go to school to learn how to operate computer  and running scanning machine . One day demonstration in their presence would have put them through. If all of the above were not done, INEC should keep quiet.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by truuz: 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
whoever uttered d above statement,  must be a BLOCKHEAD. INEC should tell us how the finger print scanner, that was set to its lowest sensitivity from d manufacturer, corps members fault and what makes this worse is that only their(inec) inadequate staff can access d control panel of these systems,furthermore,it will amaze that most special keys malfunction,u can't minimise your windows because d system is designed that way,4instance if are to print a voter's card,u must input your password(VERY LONG LETTERS) before accessing subsequent windows.INEC SHOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH 2SHOULDER THESE BLAMES,AND APOLOGISE TO  CORPERS NATIONWIDE, BESIDES, HOW MUCH UNA DON PAY US(CORPERS)  SEF?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by ise82(m): 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
i will still blame the whole thing on INEC. Jega na jaga jaga yeye man. Its only in NIgeria that things are not done the right way; he wants the best and not ready to pay for it. Y blame the corpers; well most ppl are illiterates. Because u cant afford to go to school doesnt mean u shud blame those that are privileged to have a degree. Naija has problem. And the problem is caused by 'OLD graduates'. Imagine to get a job now you have to go through hell. God Save us. Let Jega Hire professionals!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DIALOGUE: Bandits commanders ceasefire, suspend attacks In Zamfara / Dr. Godwin Maduka Receives Michael Okpara Leadership Prize (Photos) / Electoral Bill: National Assembly To Delete Direct Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.