Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,809 members, 7,902,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:37 PM

Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec (12153 Views)

Ministerial List: Those who Were Hopeful, But Have Been Disappointed! / NANS Tells Buhari: “You Have Disappointed Us In Your 100 Days In Office” / Prove Your Allegations Against Us, INEC Dares PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Somatic(m): 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
While I admit that some corp members do not kno how 2 operate a computer, please, the system is so programmed that everything 1 needs to do is visible at the touch of a button. As regards typing, it's up 2 ur ARO. 4 me, where INEC mess up na the FINGERPRINT SCANNER. Mehn, to call that thing slow na understatement. 1 finger is like 10 minutes? So, calculate 1 full hand. Also, God save u if ur computer hang. Only the printer and the backup try. Maybe cz dem no cm from Zinox, In all, things need 2 improve or else,
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by khorlynz(m): 8:41pm On Jan 18, 2011
i am ex-corper currently working as one of the ad-hoc staff.
i want to tell all Nigerians that someone does not need much skills in other to operate the DDC machine.
the problem has been that the fingerprint scanner is not quality enough to scan applicant's fingers.let INEC approach the ad-hoc staff in various centres in other to know what to do.they should go round and stop sitting in their respective offices.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by texazzpete(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2011
careytommy:

@ remii, texazpete et al
try n confirm anytim b4 postin trash.
d only problem wit d system is was d finger print scanner. my RACO (if u no wt dt mins) said dey purpsly downgraded d versn 4rm 1.8 to 1.2 to prvnt multpl reg (i stil dnt get d logic behind it)
ystday i cld only reg 6 ppl bt tday i reg 58.
BTW, d installed OS is Ubuntu and u cant edit 1ce u save

I'll let the insult slide.

naturally you can't edit once you save. This is to prevent you guys from fraudulently changing records. it's understandable.
I didn't expect the Ubuntu as the OS, that's surprising. Also 234Next claims the Futronic USB fingerprint scanner was the model quoted by INEC in their budget. if this is true, it's supposedly a capable scanner. Perhaps it's a software/drivers issue?
(Funny enough, while INEC's budget puts the unit cost of the scanner at $97, the latest version of this is sold for $82. Corruption?)

Can you check the specs of the laptop itself? Zinox is not known for well-specced systems.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by juman(m): 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2011
Shame on you JEGA.

Shame on you INEC.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
Is   INEC   trying   to   say  majority   of   corps   in   abj   cant   use   a   computer?   Does   that   make   sense   at   all,   INEC   should   shu-tup   and   accept   their   fault. If   INEC   staffs   were   good  enough  to  use   computers   why   employ   corps  members  todo   their   job  for  them?   I  work   in  an  I.T  firm  here  in  abuja  where  I  was  retained  after service  year,  I  noticed   80perscent of  workers  in  government  office  cant  use thier own  computers.  Some  dont  even  need  it self just to  of play  Zuma,  check  fcbk, watch home videos  and even eat  food  on  their CPU  during working  hours.
The  other day I had a complain  from a client,  it tool me 2hours driver to get there just to findout that the computer was not even plug into and turned. Yet she called and lamented on my Boss, almost got a query from my boss that day.

The best Nigeria can get!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Nsiman(m): 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
Inec rather dissapointed us. Computer literates wld have been recruited for the job not all corp members which many have not even handle a laptop before
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by bizprowess(f): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
INEC please shut up angry
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by semid4lyfe(m): 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
Mavor:
I can tell you first hand cos I am one of those involved in the registration of voters and I am a Computer guru that INEC is full of poo. The laptop and finger print scanner are made in China.

Imagine, the laptop has no processor fan. It uses an inefficient heat sink on the processor to remove heat, so every now and then ( every 2 hrs ), after constant use, the laptop will go off due to over heat, also, the keyboard becomes too warm to touch.

Secondly and most importantly, the fingerprint scanner is the biggest problem with this exercise. The software for it that interfaces with the laptop was badly designed. Any small dirt on a finger tip gives the laptop problem, secondly, the laptop will be attributing the fingerprint of one person to another, hereby giving error during individual voter's bio-data collation. We all know that no 2 human beings in this world have the same fngerpriint. For example, lets say Individual A comes and registers and goes away afterwards, when Individual C comes to do his fingerprint scanning, the scanner software will be claiming that Individual C's left-hand little finger has the same finger print as Individual A's left-hand thumb finger print and that is not realistically possible, as a result, error in data acquistion.

How much National Assembly give Iwu and Jega for the DDC machine, dem go dey import Chinese sub-standard product, pocket the rest money, instead of them to procure solid DDC machine's. This exercise was bleeped, even before dem start.

Oya, all of you should go to bed. My guy Mavor has spoken and I can vouch for his competence on a pc and his computer knowledge wink

CONCLUSION - Fault is INEC's and it's completely wrong for them to blame the Youth Corpers.

Thread Locked!!!! grin grin
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by texazzpete(m): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
Is this the scanner?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by HamidO1(m): 10:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
WTF is INEC saying?? I guess a corp member that's been using a laptop since secondary school can't also operate the rubbish they bought. Logistics right now on the part of INEC is zero, they should work on that. The scanners used for thumb printing is a total failure and whoever adviced INEC to capture ten fingers did them more harm than good.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by uyiscott: 10:54pm On Jan 18, 2011
inec don Bleep up grin
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by HamidO1(m): 10:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^ No mind them. Why is INEC now upgrading the systems. They gave corp members faulty scanners and expect them to perform magic,
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by chenss: 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
eow, insult upon injury,i hav a lot of tins 2 say but let me just summarise, INEC SEE US(corps members) FINISH. I am a memeber of the corps and i have been battling with the fingerprint scanner due to low sensitivity and many other inadequacies in thier inferior equipments like the laptop going off on its own(which i have neva seen b4 as i own a laptop and use it for over 24 hours and it still stays on--na 4 INEC own i start 2 hear say laptop dey rest),the webcam not being recognized by the fake laptop, stress of scanning 10 finger prints and so much more.
Inshut INEC, do u tink it is ur lin change we wan use tak survive, after all we hav bin using d tiny 9,500 wey federal govt dey giv us and we r still livin d american dream(i pray o) and afta all this stress u still hav d guts 2 insult us publicly lik dis, we (corps members) should do sumtin about this bcso dis has totally tarnished our image in public eye----we dat r being lukd up to by undergraduates 2 spur dem up.
2 round it all up we accepted to work 4 dem b4 payment, a duty dat is not even our primary assignment, INEC una dey 4c uuuuuuuuuupp
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
Hamid O:

^^^ No mind them. Why is INEC now upgrading the systems. They gave corp members faulty scanners and expect them to perform magic,

Do you mean they spent almost 80billion naira on faulty scanners.

Abi let us even call it TOKUNBO SCANNERS.

since we have everything tokunbo.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by HamidO1(m): 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^ Tokunbo for better,  Imagine villagers that have been farming all their life using that scanner, thunder fire anybody wey blame corp member
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Sunboy400(m): 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2011
earthrealm:

nigeria is a country OF [size=18pt]CLOWNS[/size] masquerading as humans!!!

the whole nation is 2 be blamed,  inec, the corpers, the citizens, past n present leaders,
nuthin works in this silly country, abso-fuc,kingly-lutely nuthin!!!
with the mud pits u call roads, the shitty power supply,  the  greed,the cruelty,, the sleaze, the ignorance and crass stupidity of a greater percentage of the citizenry!!,

jeeeeeez, some1  gimme me   A NUKE!!!

Bros wetin concern nuke with INEC registration?Abeg explain to me.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by finni(m): 6:15am On Jan 19, 2011
INEC! Must you blame the people that are serving their fathers' land for the rubbish machines you bought? I'm an ex-corper currently working as one of the ad-hoc staff. The scanners had never been the problem but the laptops that are of very low quality. Tips to make use of the fake laptops: buy four cold 'pure water' and place the laptop on them to cool the system. I av been doing this since the first day of the exercise and av never register less than 50 people in day. Cheers!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by chriswu(m): 6:37am On Jan 19, 2011
prince solomon soyebi is a bastard ohh., this inec pips just used corpers as scapegoats. im kebbi state most of d pips doin d inec registration are indigenes . some r even secondary school students
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Tozilly(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2011
INEC obviously will look for someone to blame. The poor corpers, were they not screened, interviewed and certified ok before they were recruited for the exercise? What was the process of recruitment? Is it on merit,competence or whom do you know as we usually practice in this part of the world. I don't think the problem is that of corpers but for the lousy INEC and their ineptitude machines. Had it been they planned properly, they would have test-run these systems and get friendly with its usage before this time of registration. But the question is these; when do these DDC machines even arrived the country? There was no ample time for them to take care of unforseen circumstance as this one. Please, you guys should stop blaming the poor corpers as these are not their failure entirely but that of the system. I'm an IT expert and I know what am talking about. Most of us are products of the same system but I refused to be distracted by it and find a way of helping myself. In a nutshell, If they are certified ok by INEC before being contracted for the job. Any shortfall as a result of that should be heaped on INEC's doorstep because there are better corpers who couldn't scale through  as result of whom do you know. Enough of all these!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by oluite(f): 10:25am On Jan 19, 2011
INEC please put your house in order and stop passing blames.Some corpers that were called for training alleged they were paid N1500.00,N2000.00,N3000.00 instead of the promised N10,000.00.As if that wasn't bad enough most of them were not called for the voters registration exercise.Groups of corpers said they werent called and their colleagues as well.Its now alleged that the people doing the registration in some states are not corpers and there has been reports of tailors sewing NYSC uniforms!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by sonety2k(m): 11:38am On Jan 19, 2011
Mavor:

I can tell you first hand cos I am one of those involved in the registration of voters and I am a Computer guru that INEC is full of poo. The laptop and finger print scanner are made in China. Imagine, the laptop has no processor fan. It uses an inefficient heat sink on the processor to remove heat, so every now and then ( every 2 hrs ), after constant use, the laptop will go off due to over heat, also, the keyboard becomes too warm to touch. Secondly and most importantly, the fingerprint scanner is the biggest problem with this exercise. The software for it that interfaces with the laptop was badly designed. Any small dirt on a finger tip gives the laptop problem, secondly, the laptop will be attributing the fingerprint of one person to another, hereby giving error during individual voter's bio-data collation. We all know that no 2 human beings in this world have the same fngerpriint. For example, lets say Individual A comes and registers and goes away afterwards, when Individual C [/b]comes to do his fingerprint scanning, the scanner software will be claiming that [b]Individual C's left-hand little finger has the same finger print as Individual A's left-hand thumb finger print and that is not realistically possible, as a result, error in data acquistion. How much National Assembly give Iwu and Jega for the DDC machine, dem go dey import Chinese sub-standard product, pocket the rest money, instead of them to procure solid DDC machine's. This exercise was bleeped, even before dem start.

God bless you my Broda , we all know that the DDC machines was Sub standard that they import
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by DeeJay20: 11:38am On Jan 19, 2011
sochan:

Absolute rubbish. Did they train them properly? were the machines easy to operate? were they fit for purpose. This is just plain nonsese, because the writing was on the wall weeks before, but silly INEC failed to see anything.

In my opinion, lack of proper planning, and the use of the wrong equipment is to blame, not the poor corpers.

They may have giving them minimal training, but generally speaking
Nigerians are not used to computers, becuase they do not use
them regularly, like fellow graduates in Western countries.

The Youth Corpers are not used to using computers equipment Period!!!
And trust they would be many posers among them trying act "ITK"
instead of staying focused on getting the Done.

INEC Fumbled and did not do their market research well.

The should have come to the UK and head-hunted British Born-Nigerian youths
between the age of 17-18 who can do wonders with Retail/Counting machine software due to extensive work-experience at "Tesco","Sainsburies", "Foot-locker" "JD Sports" etc ROFLMAO!!!

Their British/Grime accent may make it hard for the Home based Nigerians
to understand them but believe you me they would HAVE gotten the Voting Registration Job Completed in a week!! lol!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by DeeJay20: 11:51am On Jan 19, 2011
sochan:

No this is INEC failing to own up to the rubbish plan they had.

How much training was given? how easy is it to operate these machines? are they the right machines for the job? Big questions that INEC should answer, instead of blaming corpers

Nah thats just trying to shift the blame dude.
How hard can a voting machine be! lol,

The Youth corpers were not good at getting used to a simple
voting machine because they are not used to gadgets.

And this is not an indictment on Nigerian youths and graduates.

My 10 year old Nephew in Nigeria is a "Straight guru/wiz"
with IT Gadgets becuase his father buys him all the latest gadgets
when he goes to the states, so my nephew literally grew up with
Electronics around him.

Anytime i come to Nigeria and he takes my phone
from me, he does things with it that i dont even know how to do
becuase he has been switched on due to "WII",X-BOX and all the other IT Gear
his dad gets him from the states.

Its about being used to things and exposure, that why a
Western based 16 year old kid that grew up liking IT Gadgets
would always be better than a Nigerian that has a Degree in Computer
Science which is mostly "Theory" and not "Practical".
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by DeeJay20: 11:58am On Jan 19, 2011
Remii:

It is true that INEC should accept the blame. However inability of those supposedly modern day graduates to have quick grasp of those machine should be blamed on all of us. If Nigerian University graduates do not have edge over non educated person, it is a gap that a right thinking government should use to access and correct our education system.
Obviously, INEC has overrated our  fresh graduates.

HERE HERE!!! I agree with you 100%

We should start a Campaign that every Nigerian youth should have a "Net-book" by his/her "16" Birthday!!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by DeeJay20: 12:02pm On Jan 19, 2011
Dav.e:

So what's going to be the solution? Can members of the public come in to assist? Or do they intend to extend the registration period by a week or two for the Corpers to get a good knowledge of how these machines operate?

I like your point as thats how it works in the UK.
The last election in 2010 in the UK, workers that wanted
to be election officials went to get the form and were paid
for the voting.counting exercise.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by DeeJay20: 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2011
texazzpete:

WTF do you mean by 'were they easy to operate'? The so-called 'machine' is a LAPTOP. Why should any graduate need more than 10 minutes of training to become used to a mere data entry software layer running on Windows XP or Vista?

A HUGE number of corps members serving are dumbasses who cannot use a computer properly. I find INEC's position perfectly understandable.

Why shouldn't he have that expectation? Why should any graduate not be computer literate?

TEXASPETE HAS SPOKEN LOL, ITS JUST A BASIC SOFTWARE IN A LAPTOP!
FOLKS LETS CALL IT AS IT IS!!!,
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by DeeJay20: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2011
blacksta:

Padi Padi Arrangement. 

This is why i say it is business as usual for the corrupt elites under a government of GEJ  - The man has no balls.

In the whole of Nigeria we cant find someone that would  write a data entry software that captures basic details and a photo.

I am sure i can come up with crude microsoft access application in under 30 mins.

WHen i first heard of 87billion for ddc machines i initially thought it was some sophicated product and was so shocked to

see a

fuking Laptop, printer and webcam  grin.

I dont blame the graduate  it is a chicken before egg situation . How can one learn how to use a computer when you weren't trained with one.

wha!!!! 87 Billion naira, U JOKING RIGHT? These Guys are
straight up "Thieves"!!!

Thats $580 Million dollars! Give me a Break!

That bill should be no more than $20 million Dollars,

These guys cant be serious

The IT Gear would be about $4.5 Million and the other
cost £15 Million and once people are registered it could serve
as a national database for other Govt info,

When are INEC Consultants again, please let me know, i want me cut lol!!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by litaninja(m): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ Deejay20: Bros, I assure you the the Corpers CANNOT be blamed in this issue. I am a corper, why am i not involed in the exercise? Because I knew straight off that as usual the crazy GOVT will bungle the whole thing. And lo & behold, what do we have? Bungled up!
I'm a very competent I.T person, a network admin no less, funny thing is among the people from my campus the I roll with, i'm like the least knowledgeable (for real) . Fine, almost all my peers took personal steps to ensure that they become gurus in I.T one way or the other, but I have had complaints from EVEN THEM that the machines being used for the INEC thing are messed up from here to there! less talk of those who went though a kangaroo training to learn how to use them. It remains simple, INEC DON PACK MONEY CHOP! SHIKENAH!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Hokus: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2011
Please people do not under estimate our graduates with ur insulting remarks.
Have u seen any of the so called machines used for voters registration?
They are so easy to use and my 11 year old neice can operate it, so whats all this noise with all ya people hating and commenting
If you have nothing better to write or u r not abreast of issues, just enter bush
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by machienti: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2011
so dis well meaning corping Nigerians don give out dia time to help this ungrateful INEC and all dey get for their efforts is all dis insult.Thank God I didnt sign up for dat adhoc bullsh*t embarassed
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by hacker2k: 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2011
How far my follow Nigeria,i had bring good thing to you.Free call is here again but only for glo to glo.here is my number 08152046990.

How far my follow Nigeria,i had bring good thing to you.Free call is here again but only for glo to glo.here is my number 08152046990.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by JUO(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2011
pls somebody send us snapshot system spec. somebody said the system is very slow.
i know xerox mainly make use of Intel celeron processor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari's Federal Excuses Council - Reno Omokri / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Rupiah Banda - Photos / Senate Passes Whistle Blowers Protection Bill, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.