Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,149 members, 7,887,338 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:02 AM

Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary (23294 Views)

"We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents / Buhari Must Not Allow Oshiomhole Plunge Edo Into Avoidable Crisis – Babatope / Edo Poll: We Won’t Allow Oshiomhole-led NWC To Dictate To Us- Obaseki’s Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 4:49pm On May 26, 2020
seanfer:
Oshiomohle and Edo APC opted for indirect primary in 2016 because there was no faction in the state APC then. But now there are 2 factions and the APC constitution gave the NWC the power to organize Governorship primaries. The best way to go is not to allow the 2 factions hold parallel primaries which is the reason the NWC choose Direct Primary. It’s unfortunate that Obaseki and his minions are fighting someone who head the NWC and that makes Oshiomohle’s work very easy to get back at Obaseki. People like this so called party chieftain misled Obaseki now they’re trying to safe their faces after pushing him to the dungeon of politics.

i say it here all the time that we have indomie generation political analyst who know nothing about politics- let me school you on what happened in Nigeria in the second Republic just before Buhari and Idiagbon ousted the government of President Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari of the NPN

there were 3 States in Nigeria then who had real tsunami like gubernatorial elections

Anambra - the home state of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe had Jim Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo of NPP, who was running for re-election against Chief CC Onoh (Bianca Ojukwu’s father) who was the NPN candidate

In Oyo - a state controlled by Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s party had Chief Bola Ige of the UPN, who was running for re-election against Dr. Victor Omololu Olunloyo of the NPN

In Ondo, Pa Michael Adekunle Ajasin of UPN was running for re-election against Prince Akin Omoboriowo of the NPN

In all 3 scenarios, the incumbents were defeated due to alleged wide scale rigging by the NPN (the party of President Shagari) being supervised by then Chairman of the Federal Electoral Commission (FEDECO) Justice Ovie-Whiskey

HOWEVER - all 3 newly elected governors had one problem. They could not resume and function as the newly elected governors because they lacked legitimacy. The people didn’t want them - and it was obvious. Even Pa Ajasin once mocked Omoboriowo saying,

“what is the elected governor of Ondo State doing outside Akure - he should come and resume work if he is convinced he won the election” -

this was the issue with cases lingering at the supreme court and excessive violence until the military coup of December 31,1983 when then Brigadier Sani Abacha announced the coup that ended Shagari’s government

what am i trying to say here ?

Oshiomole must understand that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

if the people really want Obaseki than Ize Iyamu, as it is widely believed in Edo State, then trying to force Obaseki out through electoral primary manipulation will only be counter productive. it will lead to incessant violence and blood shed and the aftermath is not what Oshiomole wants to imagine.

whatever he does, Oshiomole should realize he is not a Bini man and when push comes to shove -when the chips are down - the average bini man will never abandon their own. Let him go and read the history of what happened to Professor Ambrose Alli and Dr. S.O. Ogbemudia in the 1983 Bendel State gubernatorial election. As good as Ali was, when it was time to decide, the bini man voted for Ogbemudia.

Oshiomole will be consumed at the end because the average bini man will not abandon their son when faced with unprecedented arrogance from a non bini person. EVERYONE BORN OF A WOMAN IN EDO STATE KNOWS THAT THE BINIS CONTROL EDO STATE POLITICS!

BOOK MARK THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE- THANK YOU!
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 5:13pm On May 26, 2020
Sermwell:

You should also ask oshiomole why he was fighting the godfathers of edo politics during his time as a governor!! He was screaming "say no to Godfatherism" then but now he wants to be a godfather!! You guys should stop supporting nonsense!!

exactly - and has anyone asked who funded Oshiomole’s 2007 election in Edo State ?

100% Godwin Obaseki - if not for Obaseki’s money, Oshiomole who was living in a room and parlour at GRA Benin will not even be able to buy the nomination form run for governor

why is no one talking about that?
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 5:17pm On May 26, 2020
Macro231101:
Oshios we know,Obaseki we know ,Idahosa who are thou...as a bonafide citizen of Edo state I boldly say Direct primary is d way...Ize iyamu for Governor

no be only ize-iyamu you go soon see

akpu-iyamu
oghede-iyamu
iyokho-iyamu
itaba-iyamu
akasan-iyamu
ekusu-iyamu

yeye fiful grin
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by babyfaceafrica: 6:21pm On May 26, 2020
ogbonti:

i say it here all the time that we have indomie generation political analyst who know nothing about politics- let me school you on what happened in Nigeria in the second Republic just before Buhari and Idiagbon ousted the government of President Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari of the NPN

there were 3 States in Nigeria then who had real tsunami like gubernatorial elections

Anambra - the home state of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe had Jim Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo of NPP, who was running for re-election against Chief CC Onoh (Bianca Ojukwu’s father) who was the NPN candidate

In Oyo - a state controlled by Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s party had Chief Bola Ige of the UPN, who was running for re-election against Dr. Victor Omololu Olunloyo of the NPN

In Ondo, Pa Michael Adekunle Ajasin of UPN was running for re-election against Prince Akin Omoboriowo of the NPN

In all 3 scenarios, the incumbents were defeated due to alleged wide scale rigging by the NPN (the party of President Shagari) being supervised by then Chairman of the Federal Electoral Commission (FEDECO) Justice Ovie-Whiskey

HOWEVER - all 3 newly elected governors had one problem. They could not resume and function as the newly elected governors because they lacked legitimacy. The people didn’t want them - and it was obvious. Even Pa Ajasin once mocked Omoboriowo saying,

“what is the elected governor of Ondo State doing outside Akure - he should come and resume work if he is convinced he won the election” -

this was the issue with cases lingering at the supreme court and excessive violence until the military coup of December 31,1983 when then Brigadier Sani Abacha announced the coup that ended Shagari’s government

Oshiomole must understand that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

if the people really want Obaseki than Ize Iyamu, as it is widely believed in Edo State, then trying to force Obaseki out through electoral primary manipulation will only be counter productive. it will lead to incessant violence and blood shed and the aftermath is not what Oshiomole wants to imagine.

whatever he does, Oshiomole should realize he is not a Bini man and when push comes to shove -when the chips are down - the average bini man will never abandon their own. Let him go and read the history of what happened to Professor Ambrose Alli and Dr. S.O. Ogbemudia in the 1983 Bendel State gubernatorial election. As good as Ali was, when it was time to decide, the bini man voted for Ogbemudia.

Oshiomole will be consumed at the end because the average bini man will not abandon their son when faced with unprecedented arrogance from a non bini person. EVERYONE BORN OF A WOMAN IN EDO STATE KNOWS THAT THE BINIS CONTROL EDO STATE POLITICS!

the average bini man will not abandon their son

Pastor ize ìyanu is from daura àbí?

1 Like

Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 6:25pm On May 26, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

the average bini man will not abandon their son

Pastor ize ìyanu is from daura àbí?

IF YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THE AVERAGE BINI MAN DESPISE THE IGBINEDION POLITICAL CLAN BECAUSE OF WHAT LUCKY DID - you wont be talking this way. Ize Iyamu is a blood relative and staunch Political ally of the Igbinedions and the Binis have not forgotten

IZE IYAMU BECOMING GOVERNOR IS LIKE LUCKY IGBINEDION'S 3RD TERM IN OFFICE grin
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by seanfer(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2020
ogbonti:

Mr History. Can you counter the point I made about the reason Edo APC had indirect primary in 2016? It’s a shame that you want to prove that you know much about nigeria and at the end of the day you just show the whole world how biased your opinion is by playing tribalism. Please don’t mention me again. The Fufu generation
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 6:53pm On May 26, 2020
seanfer:

Mr History. Can you counter the point I made about the reason Edo APC had indirect primary in 2016? It’s a shame that you want to prove that you know much about nigeria and at the end of the day you just show the whole world how biased your opinion is by playing tribalism. Please don’t mention me again. The Fufu generation

grin your limited knowledge hastily summons the thrash within you grin
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 6:57pm On May 26, 2020
seanfer:

awww i just mentioned you again - go fight with your keyboard grin
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by seanfer(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2020
ogbonti:

awww i just mentioned you again - go fight with your keyboard grin

The question I want to ask you is that. Are those that are going to vote in the Direct Primary not Edo indigenes? Why is Obaseki trying to rewrite the Party’s constitution to Favour himself? There are 2 factions in Edo APC already and the party constitution says whenever there are factions the NWC have the right to organize Governorship Primary also it’s the same NWC that will submit the names of party flag bearers to INEC. Obaseki didn’t think all this through before he starts fighting Oshiomohle.
The day the Abuja court remove Oshiomohle, Obaseki was everywhere celebrating not knowing that there’s appeal. Even after Oshiomohle said he has forgiven those that tried to remove him from office. Few weeks later Obaseki’s Commissioner came out to insult Oshiomohle.
Obaseki did not have good advisers but praise singers.
Let us be sincere to ourselves the chances of Obaseki winning the party ticket is 30-35%.
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by eseosa77(m): 9:14pm On May 26, 2020
BigBelleControl:
Oshiomhole wants to give Obaseki an Ambode treatment.
If the governor is popular among his party members, he should not fear any method.

The fear is that, there would be no fairness. Oshiomhole is the referee of the game. He's ready to screw and Manipulate the process in favour of his candidate.
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 9:23pm On May 26, 2020
seanfer:

The question I want to ask you is that. Are those that are going to vote in the Direct Primary not Edo indigenes? Why is Obaseki trying to rewrite the Party’s constitution to Favour himself? There are 2 factions in Edo APC already and the party constitution says whenever there are factions the NWC have the right to organize Governorship Primary also it’s the same NWC that will submit the names of party flag bearers to INEC. Obaseki didn’t think all this through before he starts fighting Oshiomohle.
The day the Abuja court remove Oshiomohle, Obaseki was everywhere celebrating not knowing that there’s appeal. Even after Oshiomohle said he has forgiven those that tried to remove him from office. Few weeks later Obaseki’s Commissioner came out to insult Oshiomohle.
Obaseki did not have good advisers but praise singers.
Let us be sincere to ourselves the chances of Obaseki winning the party ticket is 30-35%.

regardless of whether Obaseki wins the primary or not, folks here on NAIRALAND supporting Oshiomole, are the very reason why the average Nigerian politician disrespects and humiliates the Nigerian citizen at every given opportunity.

WHY DO I SAY SO ? you may ask

Just 4 years ago, Oshiomole released a canon about Ize -Iyamu which is a criminal allegation. He said "Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, a known culitst - poured conc acid on a fellow human being, is that the type of man you want as your governor?" NEWSFLASH - Oshiomole was right.

He continued, "the so called Pastor Ize-Iyamu was a major part of the looting machine that impoverished Edo State from 1999 - 2007 in the Lucky Igbinedion administration and Lucky said if Ize-Iyamu wins, it is like (Lucky) is given a third term to rule Edo State" NEWSFLASH - Oshiomole was right.

In 8 years of the Igbinedion era, no single road was rehabilitated, no major project was done - all funds were looted, thugs intimidated every sane voice in the land and the state was in deep dudu, with workers owed salaries for months and years, Ize-Iyamu as Chief of staff was life the de facto Governor - he called the shots. Luck's father, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion and Osagie's father - Late Chief Robert Osayande Ize-Iyamu were like siemens twins, wherever you see one. you see the other and they are blood relatives

so to those who do not know what is going on - are the ones spewing bs on nairaland - this is why I said in a previous thread, APC has a lot to gain backing Obaseki than Oshiomole because the Edo people, especially the Binis do not want Ize-Iyamu. This info I am giving you here freely is a hard core fact in the streets of Benin City and other major towns in the state. They know Ize-Iyamu and they do not want to relive the Lucky Igbinedion years by any stretch!

Ordinarily, Oshiomole as a matter of political ethics should recuse himself from the state primaries. In Law, there is a maxim called "Nemo Judex in Causa Sua" - you cannot be a judge in your own case. It is not done!!! Oshiomole cannot be an unbiased umpire in a primary having 2 factions which he is the leader of one of the factions. The NWC being the umpire was stated in the constitution because a scenario like this was never envisaged, that a classless and vicious individual will stoop that low from being a National Chairman to a biased and factional leader in his own state. IN FACT OBASEKI CAN USE LEGAL MEANS TO ENSURE OSHIOMOLE IS RESTRICTED FROM PLAYING A DECISION MAKING ROLE in the process based on Nemo!

However - this is Nigeria, where the word "ethics" is an aberration. So if all process fails and the expected happens, Obaseki should let Oshiomole take the primaries. It is just a bump on the way! Obaseki like I predicted, if he runs in even a small party like KOWA or Labour, will defeat Ize -Iyamu easily, and I CAN BET MY 2 TESTICLES. grin

Obaseki has the financial war chest to make it happen, He is the incumbent Governor and he has the name recognition - and IZE-IYAMU is not a choice the citizens of Edo state want to risk having because of his records.

It is game on! grin
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by seanfer(m): 9:46pm On May 26, 2020
ogbonti:

regardless of whether Obaseki wins the primary or not, folks here on NAIRALAND supporting Oshiomole, are the very reason why the average Nigerian politician disrespects and humiliates the Nigerian citizen at every given opportunity.

WHY DO I SAY SO ? you may ask

Just 4 years ago, Oshiomole released a canon about Ize -Iyamu which is a criminal allegation. He said "Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, a known culitst - poured conc acid on a fellow human being, is that the type of man you want as your governor?" NEWSFLASH - Oshiomole was right.

He continued, "the so called Pastor Ize-Iyamu was a major part of the looting machine that impoverished Edo State from 1999 - 2007 in the Lucky Igbinedion administration and Lucky said if Ize-Iyamu wins, it is like (Lucky) is given a third term to rule Edo State" NEWSFLASH - Oshiomole was right.

In 8 years of the Igbinedion era, no single road was rehabilitated, no major project was done - all funds were looted, thugs intimidated every sane voice in the land and the state was in deep dudu, with workers owed salaries for months and years, Ize-Iyamu as Chief of staff was life the de facto Governor - he called the shots. Luck's father, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion and Osagie's father - Late Chief Robert Osayande Ize-Iyamu were like siemens twins, wherever you see one. you see the other and they are blood relatives

so to those who do not know what is going on - are the ones spewing bs on nairaland - this is why I said in a previous thread, APC has a lot to gain backing Obaseki than Oshiomole because the Edo people, especially the Binis do not want Ize-Iyamu. This info I am giving you here freely is a hard core fact in the streets in Benin City and other towns in the state

Ordinarily, Oshiomole as a matter of political ethics should recuse himself from the state primaries. In Law, there is a maxim called "Nemo Judex in Causa Sua" - you cannot be a judge in your own case. It is not done!!!

However - it is Nigeria, where the word "ethics" is an aberration. So, let Oshiomole take the primaries, Obaseki like I predicted, if he runs in a small party like KOWA or Labour, he will defeat Ize -Iyamu easily, I WILL BET MY 2 TESTICLES.

Obaseki has the financial war chest to make it happen, He is the incumbent Governor and he has the name recognition - and IZE-IYAMU is not a choice the state want to risk having because of his records.

It is game on! grin

Obaseki knows that he can’t win under another party, that’s the reason he is trying to have the primary his way. Remember what happened to Amosun and Okorocha’s candidates when they were the incumbents in their respective states. Obaseki can’t stand the heat that will come from the Federal if he try that because Edo election is the only election that day unlike the 2019 general elections that Amosun and Okorocha were busy rigging their candidates.
I am not supporting Oshiomohle or Obaseki. But I am just telling you the fact about the situation on ground. Obaseki is fighting a lost battle because before the date of the primary some of his loyalist will start resigning. Remember he did not have the majority of the HOA in his camp. Those he refused to swear in were still holding that against him. He should have wait till he win the Second term before he start this unnecessary fight. The forces against him are more than those in his support. The day Abba Kyari died was the day Obaseki lost everything.
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 10:22pm On May 26, 2020
seanfer:

Obaseki knows that he can’t win under another party, that’s the reason he is trying to have the primary his way. Remember what happened to Amosun and Okorocha’s candidates when they were the incumbents in their respective states. Obaseki can’t stand the heat that will come from the Federal if he try that because Edo election is the only election that day unlike the 2019 general elections that Amosun and Okorocha were busy rigging their candidates.
I am not supporting Oshiomohle or Obaseki. But I am just telling you the fact about the situation on ground. Obaseki is fighting a lost battle because before the date of the primary some of his loyalist will start resigning. Remember he did not have the majority of the HOA in his camp. Those he refused to swear in were still holding that against him. He should have wait till he win the Second term before he start this unnecessary fight. The forces against him are more than those in his support. The day Abba Kyari died was the day Obaseki lost everything.

Obaseki's case is not like the candidates those incumbents tried to foist on the people. Obaseki is not a newbie, he is the Governor and he has name recognition, DO NOT EVER FORGET THAT!

Abba Kyari died, Obaseki lost so Abba Kyari was Obaseki's god abi? The ignorance on nairaland is something else. I have asked a question on a previous thread, what party did Peter Obi and Willy Obiano run on initially to become Governors ? APC? PDP? none of the above Sir - IF APC was a sure bet to make anyone win in the old Bendel Area, Ogboru Great will be the Governor of Delta State today and not Okowa. Oshiomole, Ayiri Emami, ex- Governor Uduaghan, Pat Utomi, Senate Deputy President Ovie Omo-Agege and a host of other political heavy weights did everything humanly possible to flip Delta State from PDP to APC, it ended in tears for them. LESSON - you do not need to be APC to win in EDO/DELTA area of former BENDEL. Even in OYO, Makinde didnt need to be in APC, today he is the Governor !!!!

Lastly - Obaseki's loyalist will start resigning - please show me the crystal ball where YOU SAW all of them will be resigning - are you a soothsayer? please stop these emotional speeches and say things based on facts not wishful thinking - guy abeg go sleep grin

1 Like

Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by fistonme(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2020
ogbonti:

you said a lot.
I beg to differ. I am a Bini man and I reside in Benin. I have been observing the situation for a while. I want you to understand that this is politics. you can not be playing politics and say you do not want to be a politician. Obaseki failed when he allowed certain politicians fight and make a lot of sacrifices to bring him to power and at the end he neglected them immediately he entered forgetting he will come and play the game with them sometime in future which is now. the issue of him not opening the treasury for the politicians to misappropriate money is merely a man trying to give a dog a bad name so he can kill it. Obaseki's is saying the NWC does not have power to determine what kind of primary to use yet the constitution of the party gives the nwc power to organize the election. I would like to ask, if they do the primary election indirect primary will the main election still be indirect primary? if Obaseki is popular let him go to the field and slog it out with other contestants.
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by fistonme(m): 10:03am On May 27, 2020
ogbonti:

Obaseki's case is not like the candidates those incumbents tried to foist on the people. Obaseki is not a newbie, he is the Governor and he has name recognition, DO NOT EVER FORGET THAT!

Abba Kyari died, Obaseki lost so Abba Kyari was Obaseki's god abi? The ignorance on nairaland is something else. I have asked a question on a previous thread, what party did Peter Obi and Willy Obiano run on initially to become Governors ? APC? PDP? none of the above Sir - IF APC was a sure bet to make anyone win in the old Bendel Area, Ogboru Great will be the Governor of Delta State today and not Okowa. Oshiomole, Ayiri Emami, ex- Governor Uduaghan, Pat Utomi, Senate Deputy President Ovie Omo-Agege and a host of other political heavy weights did everything humanly possible to flip Delta State from PDP to APC, it ended in tears for them. LESSON - you do not need to be APC to win in EDO/DELTA area of former BENDEL. Even in OYO, Makinde didnt need to be in APC, today he is the Governor !!!!

Lastly - Obaseki's loyalist will start resigning - please show me the crystal ball where YOU SAW all of them will be resigning - are you a soothsayer? please stop these emotional speeches and say things based on facts not wishful thinking - guy abeg go sleep grin

you baffle me with your analysis. Do you know that in a staggered election, Delta state will fall to the opposition? I don't think understand this Nigerian politics. history is very different from politics. every political contest is an opportunity to set new rules. my brother, it is very wrong to say you do not need federal might to win elections in delta/benin. it all depends on who is wielding the federal might. Oshiomole as the national chairman of APC sure knows how to wield it. hence, most pdp party faithfuls are skeptical about him even if they would not agree.
Obaseki will not go to an opposition party because he knows if he does he will fail woefully. Even, in pdp he will find it very difficult to win not to talk of kowa party. please, we are here to learn let's try to reduce the rate at which we use derogatory terms. if I have used any, pardon me.
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 2:43pm On May 27, 2020
[s]
fistonme:

you baffle me with your analysis. Do you know that in a staggered election, Delta state will fall to the opposition? I don't think understand this Nigerian politics. history is very different from politics. every political contest is an opportunity to set new rules. my brother, it is very wrong to say you do not need federal might to win elections in delta/benin. it all depends on who is wielding the federal might. Oshiomole as the national chairman of APC sure knows how to wield it. hence, most pdp party faithfuls are skeptical about him even if they would not agree.
Obaseki will not go to an opposition party because he knows if he does he will fail woefully. Even, in pdp he will find it very difficult to win not to talk of kowa party. please, we are here to learn let's try to reduce the rate at which we use derogatory terms. if I have used any, pardon me.
[/s]

conjecture is all I see in your response. I asked you factual questions about MAKINDE, OGBORU, PETER OBI and WILLY OBIANO. Instead of debunking my claims by answering my questions with counter evidence, you are here spewing personal opinion.

This is how and why people lose cases in court. when you are cross examined by a lawyer, he will ask you questions based on facts, instead of replying him with facts that will help your case, you start appealing to emotions and conjecture.

nairaland is a court of public opinion and you have lost this case!

AND ......

stop exposing your limited knowledge of life!
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 3:14pm On May 27, 2020
[s]
fistonme:

you said a lot.
I beg to differ. I am a Bini man and I reside in Benin. I have been observing the situation for a while. I want you to understand that this is politics. you can not be playing politics and say you do not want to be a politician. Obaseki failed when he allowed certain politicians fight and make a lot of sacrifices to bring him to power and at the end he neglected them immediately he entered forgetting he will come and play the game with them sometime in future which is now. the issue of him not opening the treasury for the politicians to misappropriate money is merely a man trying to give a dog a bad name so he can kill it. Obaseki's is saying the NWC does not have power to determine what kind of primary to use yet the constitution of the party gives the nwc power to organize the election. I would like to ask, if they do the primary election indirect primary will the main election still be indirect primary? if Obaseki is popular let him go to the field and slog it out with other contestants.
[/s]

I quite appreciate your detailed analysis about the situation between Obaseki and Oshiomole. In order NOT to let my response get lost on dense text, I will itemize a few questions for you to kindly respond for the purpose of clarity.

1. As the State Chief Executive, “the buck stops at Obaseki’s table”. If an administration is corrupt, who will go to jail when prosecuted by the EFCC, the Governor or those party stalwarts who want to raid the treasury?

2. Just because people worked for you to become Governor, does it make it right for you as the Governor to permit embezzlement of public funds just to satisfy corrupt elements in your party?

3. When Oshiomole was running to become Governor, was it the indirect or direct primary that gave him the party ticket?

4. when Oshiomole was running for second term, was the APC primary a direct or indirect primary?

5. when Obaseki ran for his first term, was the APC primary direct or indirect?

6. Is there ever a bad time to do the right thing?

7. Based on the history of violence between the Oshiomole and Obaseki factions in the recent past, which electoral process is more prone to violence and possible loss of lives and property, direct primary involving all 175,000 registered APC members or indirect primary having about 3,000 elected party delegates?

8. Yes, you rightly mentioned that the general election will be a direct election, which is true -however, is the INTRA - party tension within the Edo state APC on the same wavelength with the INTER party tension between the APC and other political parties in the state?

9. Based on the legal ethical maxim of “Nemo Judex in Causa Sua” - you cannot be a judge in your own case. Is it not commonsensical and ethical for Oshiomole to recuse himself from the Edo State Primary?

10. Can a referee who is a known “die-hard” Manchester United supporter be allowed to officiate a Champions League Final game between Manchester United and any other team?

kindly respond to these questions and do not forget millions of people will read it and see you for who you are as a person.

Enough said!
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by nairavsdollars(f): 8:47pm On May 27, 2020
Oshio-Iyamu

ogbonti:

no be only ize-iyamu you go soon see

akpu-iyamu
oghede-iyamu
iyokho-iyamu
itaba-iyamu
akasan-iyamu
ekusu-iyamu

yeye fiful grin
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by fistonme(m): 11:01am On May 28, 2020
ogbonti:
[s][/s]

I quite appreciate your detailed analysis about the situation between Obaseki and Oshiomole. In order NOT to let my response get lost on dense text, I will itemize a few questions for you to kindly respond for the purpose of clarity.

1. As the State Chief Executive, “the buck stops at Obaseki’s table”. If an administration is corrupt, who will go to jail when prosecuted by the EFCC, the Governor or those party stalwarts who want to raid the treasury?

2. Just because people worked for you to become Governor, does it make it right for you as the Governor to permit embezzlement of public funds just to satisfy corrupt elements in your party?

3. When Oshiomole was running to become Governor, was it the indirect or direct primary that gave him the party ticket?

4. when Oshiomole was running for second term, was the APC primary a direct or indirect primary?

5. when Obaseki ran for his first term, was the APC primary direct or indirect?

6. Is there ever a bad time to do the right thing?

7. Based on the history of violence between the Oshiomole and Obaseki factions in the recent past, which electoral process is more prone to violence and possible loss of lives and property, direct primary involving all 175,000 registered APC members or indirect primary having about 3,000 elected party delegates?

8. Yes, you rightly mentioned that the general election will be a direct election, which is true -however, is the INTRA - party tension within the Edo state APC on the same wavelength with the INTER party tension between the APC and other political parties in the state?

9. Based on the legal ethical maxim of “Nemo Judex in Causa Sua” - you cannot be a judge in your own case. Is it not commonsensical and ethical for Oshiomole to recuse himself from the Edo State Primary?

10. Can a referee who is a known “die-hard” Manchester United supporter be allowed to officiate a Champions League Final game between Manchester United and any other team?

kindly respond to these questions and do not forget millions of people will read it and see you for who you are as a person.

Enough said!

I am sorry my response is coming this late.

I may not be able to itemize my response as you have done above. I want you to understand that a indirect primary can not hold now unlike when Oshiomole was contesting and also during the first term of Obaseki. This is because as at the the party was not divided into factions. The party was one although there were descenting voices yet no factions existed unlike what we have now.
if an indirect primary is allowed, which of the delegates will the NWC allow to vote? is it the delegates made up of commissioners, the already sworn in members of the state assembly or.... or the ones loyal to the other faction? in my opinion, it is better all card carrying members of apc in Edo state go to the field and cast their votes.
you talk as if the Obaseki's administration does not have corrupt activities going on within. Just be patient when he is out of the office you will see that all Corrupt activities perpetuated will be exposed.
you talking about Oshiomole not being able to sit as the chairman and conduct the primaries because he is an interested party. will he be able to sit as the chairman if he agrees to make it indirect primaries. my brother, more than a million people already know Obaseki has no electoral value. He is not a grass root politician (at least I am kind to even call him a politician) hence is fear for direct primaries. he said all the ward apc chairmen and local government apc chairmen are with him. why is he still afraid to go into the field instead he is using the pandemic as a cover. I am still asking will the main election be indirect election?
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 2:07pm On May 28, 2020
fistonme:

[s]I am sorry my response is coming this late.

I may not be able to itemize my response as you have done above. I want you to understand that a indirect primary can not hold now unlike when Oshiomole was contesting and also during the first term of Obaseki. This is because as at the the party was not divided into factions. The party was one although there were descenting voices yet no factions existed unlike what we have now.
if an indirect primary is allowed, which of the delegates will the NWC allow to vote? is it the delegates made up of commissioners, the already sworn in members of the state assembly or.... or the ones loyal to the other faction? in my opinion, it is better all card carrying members of apc in Edo state go to the field and cast their votes.
you talk as if the Obaseki's administration does not have corrupt activities going on within. Just be patient when he is out of the office you will see that all Corrupt activities perpetuated will be exposed.
you talking about Oshiomole not being able to sit as the chairman and conduct the primaries because he is an interested party. will he be able to sit as the chairman if he agrees to make it indirect primaries. my brother, more than a million people already know Obaseki has no electoral value. He is not a grass root politician (at least I am kind to even call him a politician) hence is fear for direct primaries. he said all the ward apc chairmen and local government apc chairmen are with him. why is he still afraid to go into the field instead he is using the pandemic as a cover. I am still asking will the main election be indirect election?
[/s]

the bolded parts in your response sums it all. An itemized response would be easier for you but you you choose a lengthy process to excuse the b s you typed here. You can not answer my questions BECAUSE you have no answers - PERIOD, take care!
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by fistonme(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2020
ogbonti:
[/s]

the bolded parts in your response sums it all. An itemized response would be easier for you but you you choose a lengthy process to excuse the b s you typed here. You can not answer my questions BECAUSE you have no answers - PERIOD, take care!

even if you like strike it. A lot of people have probably gone through it and I believe they have seen the sense in it. Obaseki and ize-iyamu should go to the field. Democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. it is not a government of a few. let all registered card carrying members of apc determine who the party will give the ticket to. not the so called few commissioners, HOA members et Al. As PMB once said let every candidate of the party be grass root friendly.
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by ogbonti: 4:15pm On May 28, 2020
fistonme:

[s]even if you like strike it. A lot of people have probably gone through it and I believe they have seen the sense in it. Obaseki and ize-iyamu should go to the field. Democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. it is not a government of a few. let all registered card carrying members of apc determine who the party will give the ticket to. not the so called few commissioners, HOA members et Al. As PMB once said let every candidate of the party be grass root friendly.
[/s]

.....your Oshiomole won 2 terms from a "grass-root" unfriendly primary process - just listen to yourself speak. your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens!
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by fistonme(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2020
ogbonti:
[/s]

.....your Oshiomole won 2 terms from a "grass-root" unfriendly primary process - just listen to yourself speak. your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens!

I sincerely don't know where hypocrisy is coming out from. I guess you should check your end. well, let's just be patient. June 22 is around the corner.
Re: Idahosa: We Won't Allow Oshiomhole Have His Way In APC Primary by OsusuBishop(m): 11:29pm On May 28, 2020
W.

BranddesignerH:
Frankly, speaking this guys are total embarrassment not only to the Party but our politics. Please people should call Oshomole to order

Abeg joor I will Design a Professional Logo for your Product or Services for 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. Please see my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Rotimi Amaechi's 54th Birthday Party / Alaafin Of Oyo’s Senior Wife, Kafayat Oyinlola Adeyemi Marks 60th Birthday / Buhari Nominates Chairman, Commissioners For NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.