Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,591 members, 7,944,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt (39021 Views)

Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Jokerman(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by arthorjnr(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2020
fortran12:

How many kids have the virus killed?

You think that's the problem?
You don't think those kids can be a vector for the virus?

We're trying to curtail spread here. Damn!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Jokerman(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2020
Eulalia:
They keep saying don't open schools. For what exactly? Is it to prevent the children from being exposed? Mind you, other sectors have been opened and the same parents kicking against the reopening of schools expose themselves to crowded markets, offices (especially banks) and still come back home to the same wards they are trying to protect. What sense is there in all that. It only takes one exposed person to infect thousands of contacts if we are to go by the epileptic policy and if this disease is still really that "widespread". Take the case of a father who infected his entire family some months ago. Did the children go to any school?

Please let the educational sector also be opened. Covid 19 has reduced to the bearest minimum and with the right precautionary measures in place, there won't be any rebound of the pandemic.

The teachers are the worst hit of this lockdown with no form of support or relief from the govt. If we all decide to change career and quit teaching for good, then will people understand our importance and the need to put us into consideration first before any other profession.

We are the medium to civilization. Without us, the world future will be bleak and Ignorance will be the order of the day.
You made a very good point, but they will start calling you selfish.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Acidosis(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2020
NAN reported that the Federal Government on Wednesday said that it was considering reopening of schools based on morning and afternoon shifts method.

This one off me. And one teacher will take both morning and afternoon shifts? On top una useless salaries?
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2020
Bsure:
Pls don't open schools...
This one dey fear exam.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 28, 2020
Saintinoo:

You made a very good point, but they will start calling you selfish.

My dear. Nor be today I know them. So with all pleasure , let them express their anger and dissatisfaction.

Thank you.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by kunlef1: 5:25pm On May 28, 2020
Jokerman:
Selfish parents.... If they open schools, you can't ask your children to stay home... No be force... Allow other parents

It is part of the responsibility of parents to protect their kids. In same climes, not doing so is a criminal offence. So if you do not have kids, you don't have a right to criticize a parent for doing their God- given duty. Your salary for teaching cannot pay for any child's life.

The same way, if any parent feels comfortable enough to expose their children to coronavirus (especially nursery/primary school age), it is also their choice.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Schools, especially pricate schools only want the extortion to continue in the name of school fees. No logical government will ask schools to resume at this time. Who will coordinate young children who cant stay safe independently? Many of the tertiary and secondary students will have to travel to various states for school. Does that mean the interstate travel ban will be lifted too. The teaching sector needs to know they are as affected as other sectors too. Ask entertainment and events? Nobody is screaming parties and shows should commence. Open schools and get ready to start reading 5000 daily new cases.
Are you sure you are in Nigeria?
FG is planning on reopening the economy fully from next week, that means every sector would be opening, now if FG will reopen the economy, it means interstate travel will resume, you hear about plans to reopen airports.

What use is opening markets, churches, banks, offices and keeping schools closed, just like someone above me said, parents will still go out and get infected then pass it to there children.

France, China, South Korea, Israel, Germany and a host of other countries have already opened schools, even Zimbabwa, Cameroon and Ghana are opening school.

Opening the economy without opening schools is no good idea.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by oyejideogunjumo: 5:28pm On May 28, 2020
Schools can be opened in phases. S. S 3&Js3 students first because they are adults and will write external exam. They resume for 2wks for thorough revision and start exam but the exam can be in the afternoon like G. C. E while the Jss 1&2 and S S 1&2 resume school too. They can spread them in the morning and those writing exam to be pread in the afternoon too
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by qanda: 5:28pm On May 28, 2020
Latest Resources on Q and A App

VIDEO

Jolly Phonics for Nursery and Primary school Pupils

Basic Education Certificate Exam Questions and Answers (BECE) - FREE

BUSINESS
12 Most Common Mistakes made in the first year of a Business

Secondary School

1. Maths Trick (FREE)
2. Pronunciation Class (FREE)
3. Post UTME Tutorial Videos (FREE)
4. WAEC Past Questions and Answers – Mathematics (FREE)
5. WAEC Mathematics Tutorials (FREE)
6. UTME Mathematics Tutorials (FREE)
7. General Educational Development (GED) Exam - FREE

AUDIO

1. The Science of Getting Rich (FREE)
2. As a Man Thinketh (FREE)

O’LEVEL EBOOKS

1. FUTO Post UTME Practice Questions and Answers (FREE)
2. UNIZIK Post UTME Practice Questions and Answers (FREE)
3. OAU Post UTME Practice Questions and Answers (FREE)
4. UNIBADAN Post UTME Practice Questions and Answers (FREE)
5. Benue State University Post UTME Practice Questions and answers (FREE)

NOTICE
Curriculum tailored video lessons for Senior Secondary School subjects (SS1 – SS 3) are available on Q and A App. Available subjects include: Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Biology, Government, Physics, Commerce, Accounts, Economics, Geography, French, Civic Education, CRS, Literature in English and Agricultural Science.

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:30pm On May 28, 2020
Staphylococcus:

We taking about schools here.
LASU will open sametime with markets
hahaha so LASU na market.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by geezynoni: 5:31pm On May 28, 2020
AFULA:
Nothing concern me... Provided NYSC...no go stop payment before my POP..
correct..if dem like mk dem open if dem like make dem no open.. Que sera sera.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by oyewale0001(m): 5:35pm On May 28, 2020
Mrmourinho:

So u're categorically saying people who have kids won't support reopening of schools, mhen d way some of u people reason forces me to think dat u live in a forest, probably u don't move with people. NEWSFLASH!!! I have three kids, alright? I and their mother supports school reopening, so pls say something else, sending ur children to school after resumption is optional ok? Those of u who are unnecessarily scared should lockdown ur children at home till December, na una Sabi, Coronavirus isn't a death sentence, dats a fact. Obey Government directives, personal hygiene policies and pray to God, dats all, disallowing ur children from going to school doesn't mean they'll be safe from d virus ok? some people didn't go out, still they contracted it, it's unexplainable bro, just do what is right and see d outcome.

Seconded
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by oyewale0001(m): 5:36pm On May 28, 2020
It is well.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by oyewale0001(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

OF COURSE HE HAS NO CHILD. DON'T BE SURPRISED HE IS AFTER A CERTAIN FEMALE TEACHER. I HAVE ONE LIKE THAT IN MY AREA, ALWAYS LAMENTING HOW HE HAS MISSED A CERTAIN LADY IN ONE SCHOOL.

Going to school after reopening is optional. Don't you understand is simple instructions. Is not by force rather by choice.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Jughead29: 5:37pm On May 28, 2020
school should open gradually, keep ur kids at home and teach them, graduate them and give them certificate �.... parents are funny. my children wil resume fully.... taken a whole one year from their career is a big cheat that can make some of them never to meet up in life again.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by oyewale0001(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2020
ChristoBam:

So if the schools resume and they write exams, would the parents still be able to keep their kids at home. They'd be forced to let the kids go to school. You can't keep your kids at home when school is opened.

How?
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:40pm On May 28, 2020
femmyapson:

I can predit what you are made of based on your comment. 1. you have no siblings in sec school or uni..You are probably married with 3 kids. 2boys and a girl. Hence the reason you don't want primary school to open yet
please between Markets and Universities, which among the two can one be infected fast?
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by frozen70(f): 5:40pm On May 28, 2020
Jokerman:
Selfish parents.... If they open schools, you can't ask your children to stay home... No be force... Allow other parents

Pls don't say that

Until you birth a child and see the pains parents goes through when they fall sick

You won't understand

Besides, government have the power to cancel third term and everyone promoted to the next class except waec classes

No parents wants to loose their children even the adopted ones
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by 1stola: 5:40pm On May 28, 2020
Jokerman:
You're a joker man.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Proudlytips: 5:41pm On May 28, 2020
Lazy parents
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Johngreat(m): 5:41pm On May 28, 2020
Why won’t schools be opened, until we see our grow up girls being turned into expectant mothers at home. Government should rather Put up strict measures and open schools, so many lives and livelihoods are attached to this institution.
Leaving the kids at home while parents are at work should be our worry
Thanks
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by oyewale0001(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2020
ijayopi:
Until innocent school children get infected with this virus, then you will come back to blame the government. Corona virus is no scam. 2nd or 3rd term work can wait.

Madam, given birth to child is a risk.
Life itself is a risk, so the chances is 50-50.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by ogene144(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2020
babaRUNtinz:
make dem open LASU o
Lasu kooo Osu niiiii
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by favinvest: 5:43pm On May 28, 2020
Sacchi1162:
Open the schools. If you don't want your kid to go, they should stay at home. Some people are actually earning from the schools too. It's not compulsory and moreover some parents want their kids to go to school sef

so because u want to collect salary,

u want other people children to get infected abi??
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by oyewale0001(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2020
ChristoBam:

You are seriously dumb. Don't you understand telling kids to keep social distancing especially in public schools is a wasted effort. How do you tell 8 year old kids to stay away from their friends in class?

This thing na common sense. The world is different now. We've not had a pandemic like this in more than 100 years. We have to do the necessary to get through it.

Stop promoting your stupidity on nairaland please.

You are more seriously dumb than the person you quoted.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Godwin616: 5:46pm On May 28, 2020
The reopening of schools should be carried out in phases starting with the tertiary institutions first, then ss1 to ss3 students, jss and lastly primary and nursery schools.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by 1stola: 5:46pm On May 28, 2020
Staphylococcus:

We taking about schools here.

LASU will open sametime with markets
Lol
Are you okay?
Na school wey I dey teach be dat o
U get staphylococcus ?
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2020
Eulalia:

I pray you don't realize too late what you and your likes are about to cause the educational sector.

I'm not in the mood for verbal war. If not i would have given you a brain-resetting lesson that you skipped way back in the kindergarten about being polite to people.

My kinders will gladly take you on that lesson anytime any day cos they know better than to spew baldadash to a total stranger.

Next time, push your points without being unethical.
They want to reopen the economy but close schools, not knowing that school is the economy.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by luminouz(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2020
SenatorBright:
My friend who is a private school teacher has convert to a per term sales boy. If this government could allow crowded markets to function as well as transportation system, then why will they shut down school. For heaven sake we are almost approaching June. Many schools didn't complete the work of the last term and will have a hectic 3rd term to put things together.
WAEC and NECO and other government examination are not left behind.

It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that Coronavirus case in Nigeria is scam. Why do we keep children at home for no genuine reason??

Apostle must hear this.

Do you have a child?

Then, let her go to any school during this period because corona issa scam
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Jokerman(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2020
frozen70:

Pls don't say that

Until you birth a child and see the pains parents goes through when they fall sick

You won't understand

Besides, government have the power to cancel third term and everyone promoted to the next class except waec classes

No parents wants to loose their children even the adopted ones

What about children that live in face me, I face you with their parents with over 50 tenants??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Philip Okafor: UNIBEN Student Returns A Missing Wallet With Money (Photo) / Final Year Student Of Michael Okpara University Killed In Accident In Abia / Boy Who Dressed Like Female Student To Canvass For Votes Wins SUG Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.