Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,585 members, 7,905,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:52 AM

Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace (12642 Views)

Poll: Do you like AGBADA dress code for International gathering?

YES, I DO: 52% (58 votes)
NO, NOT AT ALL: 19% (21 votes)
IT IS BASED ON ONE'S DESIRE: 28% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Nigeria Is Bigger Than Any Politicians / Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2007
superman:

make mr president wear G-string!

foolish nigerians

course u can wear what u want!

yeye

super super calm down now!.
Are we fighting?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by kulaShaker(f): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2007
superman:

make mr president wear G-string!

foolish nigerians

course u can wear what u want!

yeye

you said it ! he should wear G-string, wow i would pay to see that shit grin
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2007
please nooooooooooo.
we don't want to see mr president in all his glory
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by angel101(f): 12:10am On Jul 15, 2007
LOL grin grin grin
I too wont mind that show oh!
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by redsun(m): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2007
You are your culture,it is everything about you.Your whole being.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by superman(m): 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2007
haha!
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by mellow(m): 8:27am On Jul 16, 2007
Much ado about nothing.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by mukthar(m): 10:00am On Jul 16, 2007
you should have said we wear shorts to meetings just to know we are following oyinbo tradition
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by laudate: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2007
Er. . .how many people saw the late Mahatma Ghandi in a suit?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by denex: 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2007
Yet Ghandi Achieved what he set out to achieve. People respected and adored him.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by 9ja4eva: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2007
Nothing wrong in promoting culture
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Prince22(m): 2:33am On Jul 17, 2007
For international occassions, let our leaders proof dynamisim

Promoting culture is good but ones in a while for international occassion let us match with others
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 17, 2007
9ja4eva:

Nothing wrong in promoting culture

he might as well show up with  4 wives when he's required to have the first "ladies" with him.

he can't leave 3 of the "cultures" at home and fly with one.

how many wives does he even have?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by redsun(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2007
Mr follow follow dem close dem eyes,close eyes pim pim,according to legendary Fela.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by WesleyanA(f): 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2007
babyosisi:

he might as well show up with 4 wives when he's required to have the first "ladies" with him.

he can't leave 3 of the "cultures" at home and fly with one.

how many wives does he even have?

polygamy is definitely a bad part of African culture that should be eliminated.

our clothing on the other hand, i'm proud if it.
anyways, yar'adua's agbada is still fly cool
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 18, 2007
What exactly makes polygamy bad?. . .reserved for some other topic.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by WesleyanA(f): 1:29am On Jul 18, 2007
i'm a woman rights advocate
plus, it doesn't really serve any real useful purpose in today's society.
i think there's a thread about it

anyways, back to topic.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:29am On Jul 18, 2007
apparently Donzie's mom is a third wife.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 18, 2007
WesleyanA:

anyways, back to topic.

First off, if a woman voluntarily agrees to marry a man with a wife, how exactly is that an infringement on her rights?. . .She has the right to arrange her life relationships anyhow she wants and on whatever terms.

What do you mean it serves no useful purpose?. . .What purpose does monogamous marriage serve again?. . .Yes, polygamous marriages easily serve the same purpose.

There is nothing in reason that makes polygamy bad (you can claim monogamy is better, who knows?)!

ThiefOfHearts:

apparently Donzie's mom is a third wife.

Better than being the only unhappy wife!
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by ciroco: 1:53am On Jul 18, 2007
Am not even sure yar adua has a suit,and i don't think he is intrested getting having one.Obj left a whole lot of work load. But does dat mean he wears babariga all the time to lecture while he was teaching
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:54am On Jul 18, 2007
Misery sure loves company.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 18, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Misery sure loves company.

Which is why I'll recommend you as a fourth wife.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by angel101(f): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2007
WesleyanA:

anyways, back to topic.

How does polygamy infringe on a womans rights?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by angel101(f): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2007
And before u ask, NO i am neither a product of polygamy nor a practitioner of same. grin
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2007
dream on Donzie  tongue

Sharing is NOT caring.  angry
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by denex: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2007
Polygamy is alright if ALL parties involved agree to it and are happy with it.

If a man wants to marry a new wife and he and the new wife-to-be are in concord, it doesn't mean jack except his other wife or wives are in support of it too.

If any of his wives are not in support of the polygamy, they either get a divorce or annul the new marriage.

But hey, if all the parties agree, menage et trois!
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2007
@Thiefofhearts

You're just selfish, sharing is caring!
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:27am On Jul 19, 2007
then be willing to have a wife that will bring in another man ok?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 19, 2007
If the man brings in money, sure, why not?
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 19, 2007
denex:

Polygamy is alright if ALL parties involved agree to it and are happy with it.

If a man wants to marry a new wife and he and the new wife-to-be are in concord, it doesn't mean jack except his other wife or wives are in support of it too.

If any of his wives are not in support of the polygamy, they either get a divorce or annul the new marriage.

But hey, if all the parties agree, menage et trois!

This is a Nigerian I would deny anyday as being my kinsman.
He may be Nigerian by birth but his mentality is from 12th century Arabia
shame on you
shame on our education system that's unable to educate people
I hope people with your type of thinking are getting extinct by the minute.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:43am On Jul 19, 2007
lol Donzie agrees with him as well, osisi.
Re: Dress Code Of Nigerian Policians: A Disgrace by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 19, 2007
I read the sarcasm in donzie.
He knows he can't handle one wife talk less of two

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coming From A Jonathan Fan In Imo State.. You Wont Believe This! / Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror / FG Records N1.064trn Half-year Revenue Shortfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.