Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,857 members, 7,906,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name (4720 Views)

My Wife DOES NOT WORK !!! Conversation Between A Husband And A Psychologist / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work / Help Me, I Want To Bear My Own Children! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by jeremiahb(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2011
It a load of nonsense, why did she marry you then. Its becoming a common and crazy society where married women are bearing their husband's name and father's name.
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by kadman(m): 5:18pm On Feb 02, 2011
dayokanu:

How would a woman be married and want to still go with her fathers name?

How would a man be married and still bear his fathers name ?

Every aspect of culture, be it Western or African were thought of by one man like you and I, chose the ones you can conform to and conform, and the ones you can't conform to let it be. Just like the woman has done.
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by kadman(m): 5:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
pslm23:

@ Aloy Emeka, I'm a realist. In life we don't know what tomorrow will bring and I apply the same principle to everything I do. I'm not saying I want to get divorced or I wish for for it but I am not living and refuse to live in a fairy tale world where I expect the rest of my life to be a happily ever after. Despite problems I've faced in my marriage, I can still proudly say that I've got 8+ years under my belt.
So don't go trying to read a whole lot of meaning into my statements and please GET OFF MY BACK! It's like you enjoy trying to poke holes or find fault with things I say. Jeez!!!  angry

I APPLAUD your sense of reality.
No one plans to be sick, but it happens. No one plans for accidents, but it does happen. With the alarming rates of divorce and separation, one must love with their heads. I find that it is practical people like you whose relationships work. Most dreamers ended up broken and jaded.
I wish you more year of marital bliss. . . And just avoid the nitwits on here. wink

1 Like

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2011
@OP-

the most important question is this-did you bring this issue up to her before you got married? if you didn't, then go sit down. after 7 years, you want to start carrying on about this. if you did, still go and sit down, because this should have been settled long ago.
if everything else in this marriage is fine, if you are happy being with her and your family and everything else is okay, then leave this issue alone. if she wants to change it, she'll do it on her own.
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2011
3 gbosas! cheesy
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2011
Ujujoan:

ROTFLMAO  grin  grin  grin

After I saw the thread on NL about 'taking' from your hubby, I asked my bf if I could take his money when ever I wanted without him seeing it as stealing, he was like 'of course, what's mine is yours' . . .  But somehow since then, I've not seen his wallet lying around like before! All the usual places he used to keep money have now gone 'dry' . . .  agbaya!  angry  angry
Buahahahahahahahahaahahhaha I swear you just made my day with this post of yours grin grin grin The bobo's wallet/money don grow legs come go underground grin cheesy

@spikey
Have you ever heard of this line? . . . . "what's mine is yours?" grin grin ,only a woman is allowed to use that line anyways cool
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2011
jennykadry:

Buahahahahahahahahaahahhaha I swear you just made my day with this post of yours grin grin grin The bobo's wallet/money don grow legs come go underground grin cheesy

@spikey
Have you ever heard of this line? . . . . "what's mine is yours?" grin grin ,only a woman is allowed to use that line anyways cool

I swear the things these guys come up with . . . angry angry

It's a good thing I'm older and wiser! cool cool
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by rubi(f): 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2011
There is no reason that justifies her action for not bearing her husbands name but I will advice the man to make good money, be famous and have good personality.You will see the wife singing like a bird/ change her name ASAP.
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2011
rubi:

There is no reason that justifies her action for not bearing her husbands name but I will advice the man to make good money, be famous and have good personality.You will see the wife singing like a bird/ change her name ASAP.

Yet women come on crusades that they are not items to be bought with money. God save us from these women
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by ifyalways(f): 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2011
^^Dayo when wud u finally wed ur man?
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2011
Are you not my inlaw?

Or did your sister get a sex change?
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by bknight: 9:51am On Jun 18, 2011
wat is this abt discussing b4 marriage if she'd bare his name?! Somebody get real here! So wat now?, she bares mrs 'dad's-name'??! Or doesn't even use mrs at all? if she's a name wt fame then d best is hyphenate + if paying dowry makes sense then bearing his name makes sense.u hear sum of these bulsh@t problems u wonder whatever happened to dt sick thing they call love
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by ubongekpe(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2011
Too much book dey cause problem in our generation, our grand fathers live peacefully and happy without all this whahala, since they didn't know too much book. That is wat we now call civilization! grin
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by solidifi: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2011
Hmmmmm!!!!!!!
Interesting.

God created the Heaven and the Earth, rested.
Created Man, rested.
But since God created Woman, neither God nor Man has rested,

God will help us.
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by tEsLim(m): 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2011
Dont get married in the first place I kept telling you marriage is not for everyone. You can have kids sha
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by Shanshani: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2011
My wife said the same thing and left after seven good and peaceful years of marriage, to be honest with you she have an hidden agenda wait you will see.
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name by pollypom(f): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
I would like to ask - How does she refer to herself Mrs or Miss ?na wa o.I thought change of name was a very simple thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Wedding Night / 7 Greatest And Common Mistake To Avoid In Your Marriage{my Personal Experience} / I Need A Massage...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.