Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,195 members, 7,910,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:18 PM

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC (50842 Views)

List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun / Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 11:57am On Jun 14, 2020
Olarewaju89:

Go and ask your creator you anthist, and stop disgrace yourself here. undecided
An atheist is one who doesn't believe God exists which of course I do, what I don't agree with the pattern you religious worship him ..
My question to you archbishop is to simply tell me the role of the church while gracing yourself !
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Enoch07: 11:59am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Question? why aren't the market place or malls having these same rules? Now it's obvious the fight is against the church

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Jeroboy(m): 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
“My N!pples Have Sufered” – Actress Halima Abubakar Recounts Her Experience Of Motherhood

https://kicknaija.com.ng/2020/06/14/my-npples-have-sufered-actress-halima-abubakar-recounts-her-experience-of-motherhood/
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by oruma19: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Una for just ban religion make we know say una get plan. Fools. Church is for sick people to get divine intervention , if the sick cannot go to church for healing in Africa I wonder where they will go to again. Do we even have hospitals? Jesus came for the sick and unwell (physical and spiritual) if people can't go to church the way they are, then there is no need, just close down the churches finally and see if u will wake up the next morning. Bastards
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by mozona(m): 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
No be small thing ooh
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Olarewaju89: 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

An atheist is one who doesn't believe God exists which of course I do, what I don't agree with the pattern you religious worship him ..
My question to you archbishop is to simply tell me the role of the church while gracing yourself !

Pls, ask Jesus christ the same question when he enter the synagogue to teach the world of God... Luke 4 vs 17. Pls, read your Bible always if you claim to be a followers of christ and pleaded for holy spirit of God to have a way in your life. You really need sir.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Angelfrost(m): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

if you are married , do you step out with your whole family to the market ?
if your answer is yes then its either you are not mentally fit or you just choose to be dumb ...
I can confidently tell you that a good number of people have no business in those crowded markets you speak of ...but the church has families congregating in a building ....like I said you can never compare the crowd in terms of numbers ....
Lastly I would like to know where you stand ....are you saying we should lockdown everything all over since some people have chosen to be mad at the markets ...or since the crowds in the market can't be controlled , the govt should allow people to come and fight wrestling at the national stadium in their millions...
I'm sure a judge will clap for you and give you front seat in the court for this your clouded reasoning ...
You religuos folks don't realise the world doesn't revolve around your church buildings !!?

First off, I'm not religious at all!!!

It's your reasoning that is clouded sir, while mine is nothing if not objective!!!

The people who gather in the markets, mostly at close quarters, will still spread the virus to their homes and friends in other places. So, this defeats your argument in all ramifications.

You don't need to stretch this simple and clear argument to ridiculous proportions. The clear fact remains: If you can't control crowds and prevent community spread in one place of crowding (Markets attract crowds, please stop arguing in the contrary. It makes you look unlearned) then trying to come off as proactive by clamping down on another is nothing but hypocrisy!!! This is just commonsense sir.

On where I stand... Keep all non-essential places of gathering fully closed, especially where you know guidelines will never be adhered to. Yes, this includes churches and other places of worship!!!... At the same time, enforce social distancing and other preventive measures in essential service gatherings like markets, or keep them equally closed!!!

The above is what serious nations do!!!... I hope my explanations and stand are quite succinct!!! Thank you!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by mrkings84(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
HeyCorleone:

Lol. Like that pastor who prayed for coronavirus victims and died.

I assure you if churches have not been closed, Coronavirus would have spread at a very fast rate, your pastors would have been amazed..

Christ can do all things, but we should also be wise

My dear let me inform u, the church is not stupid. The church is made of learned people. The church is more organized than any other society u can mention. Dont you know even without ncdc dishing out guidelines that the church knows exactly what to do to cub the spread of any pandemic?

Or u want to tell me you don't Know that most of the renounce health scientists are Christians?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by GodAbeg5(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:
How many Catholic churches in Lagos can handle this??
I've seen parishes holding up to 5 masses with full capacity, plus overflow, & you want just a few people to come around, & worship for just 1hr?? Will there be waiting areas??
It would be better if they make use of their open spaces with canopies, & not allowing cars in so as to have more spaces....but what happens to the traffic around the churches??

The worst part is that the Catholic Churches are among the least IT compliant. Despite their population, most of them do not have social media platforms to communicate with their members. They also have a very poor multimedia/ sound system in the churches. You approach a priest that you want to create a web platform for the church & he says he's not interested....

As if the Lagos archdiocese got a sign from COVID, around February 2020, a seminar was organized to build a more robust communication platform for the church, but nothing was implemented before COVID took over...

**Modified..
Imagine..

*Religious houses should fumigate their auditoriums , car parks and other buildings by wiping all surfaces with a disinfecting agent .

*During services , windows and doors must be opened to enable airflow

*Adequate provision should be made for soap , running water and hand sanitisers at entry points .

*There should be no entry without face masks ; provide disposable face masks where practicable .

*To help educate on COVID - 19 , it is recommended for places of worship to have preventive messages from NCDC posted at entry points and around places of worship .

*Holy communion should be packaged in disposable wraps.

*Drinking water points , public toilets and sales outlets must be closed for now

*Religious leaders must maintain two metres when praying or counselling and avoid body contact with members .

*Places of worship should be free of carpets and rugs to allow easy disinfection of the floor

*Temperature check at entrance

*Contact details of attendees

*No sharing of microphone, robes by ushers

*No loitering around after service

*Service shouldn't exceed 1 hour

*Adults above 60 & children below 16 not allowed

*Disinfect venue after each service

*One third of full capacity
Bro, the way you just settle this matter erhn, shows you are an erudite somebori, Infact one bottle of Madagascar agbo for you

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Olarewaju89:

Pls, ask Jesus christ the same question when he enter the synagogue to teach the world of God... Luke 4 vs 17. Pls, read your Bible always if you claim to be a followers of christ and pleaded for holy spirit of God to have a way in your life. You really need sir.
I never said I was a follower of Christ , i only admitted to believing in God ...
then what happen to luke 4... this is how you people derail discussions with unintelligible remarks ....
I asked you in lay man terms to tell me the role of the church building to man's existence... and you're telling me about Christ ...synagogue .....who told you I have a bible at home ?
pls if you don't have a definite answer , remain silent and stop saying sh*t...
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by ugbanante: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
This is a good one. Nose marks is compulsory already in my church.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Olarewaju89: 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

I never said I was a follower of Christ , i only admitted to believing in God ...
then what happen to luke 4... this is how you people derail discussions with unintelligible remarks ....
I asked you in lay man terms to tell me the role of the church building to man's existence... and you're telling me about Christ ...synagogue .....who told you I have a bible at home ?
pls if you don't have a definite answer , remain silent and stop saying sh*t...

Since you are not a follower of christ, then lemme do this...

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by mrkings84(m): 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

do you know one thing that kills faster than corona, it's ignorance and foolishness ....The church where corona spread in Japan, its sango that they are worshipping there I suppose ??
Get wise or die of ignorance.... google about a man who was laying hands on people , saying corona is not for a child of God bla bla .....and how he died like a native fowl !!!
what you've been doing every Sunday is not worshipping your creator, but sinning against him ...cos your book talks about obeying authorized institutions.... which you and your pastor have disregarded ....in the name of obeying God rather than man - which has no basis in this argument !!
I'm sorry for people with this kind of retarded mindset you have ...
Peace !!!

The church is one of the most law abiding institution. Ask anyone around u. Even in this pandemic period, the church followed every guidelines. But that doesn't mean unnecessary and foolish guidelines should be thrown to the church just to jeopardize it activities.

Government parasternals are opening, markets are opening without any major guidelines on how they will operate, interstate movements are kicking off, what are the ncdc guidelines for these?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
Angelfrost:

First off, I'm not religious at all!!!

It's your reasoning that is clouded sir, while mine is nothing if not objective!!!

The people who gather in the markets, mostly at close quarters, will still spread the virus to their homes and friends in other places. So, this defeats your argument in all ramifications.

You don't need to stretch this simple and clear argument to ridiculous proportions. The clear fact remains: If you can't control crowds and prevent community spread in one place of crowding (Markets attract crowds, please stop arguing in the contrary. It makes you look unlearned) then trying to come off as proactive by clamping down on another is nothing but hypocrisy!!! This is just commonsense sir.

On where I stand... Keep all non-essential places of gathering fully closed, especially where you know guidelines will never be adhered to. Yes, this includes churches and other places of worship!!!... At the same time, enforce social distancing and other preventive measures in essential service gatherings like markets, or keep them equally closed!!!

The above is what serious nations do!!!... I hope my explanations and stand are quite succinct!!! Thank you!!!
If you have said this from the on set I wouldn't have gone back and forth ..
I am also not in support of the crowd in the markets at all ...
I thought you were leaning to the school of thought that were using the market crowd to justify the gathering of 50 ,000 people at Canaan land , and other religious centres...
My point is the govt totally have little control over the market , since very few Nigerians even believe in the existence of the virus.... but that is not an excuse for the church to throw caution to the wind when simple compliance to these guidelines would protect their members for the mean time ...
I was trying to see from your point of view and get your stance ...now that I do I'm sorry for calling your reasoning clouded ...
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
mrkings84:

The church is one of the most law abiding institution. Ask anyone around u. Even in this pandemic period, the church followed every guidelines. But that doesn't mean unnecessary and foolish guidelines should be thrown to the church just to jeopardize it activities.

Government parasternals are opening, markets are opening without any major guidelines on how they will operate, interstate movements are kicking off, what are the ncdc guidelines for these?
Your pastor opened his church when govt instructed against it ..what a way to abide by the law !!!
you know what I'm even tired of talking ....
Let churches open fully Canaan land can assemble their usual 300, 000 people , Rccg and deeper life can even hold a prayer convention of millions of people at the national stadium prayer is what we need now ryt ?
Come to your churches with your grand parents and great grand parents , let asthmatic and hypertensive people come to church , its the house of God nothing can happen to them
...take your communions from the same cup and shake and hug your brethren ...
Let's all get mad once !

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by wisestman(m): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:

https://ncdc.gov.ng/news/255/nigeria--releases-covid-19-guide-to-re-open-places-of-worship

**Can Your Church Handle This?? I don't think my church can...

Nonsense...
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by God2man2again(m): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
This is like a medicine after death. Some Churches have started program already.

Why didn't they apply the same guidelines to markets and other places ?

Why Church?

Is there a hidden agenda?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by mrkings84(m): 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

Your pastor opened his church when govt instructed against it ..what a way to abide by the law !!!
you know what I'm even tired of talking ....
Let churches open fully Canaan land can assemble their usual 300, 000 people , Rccg and deeper life can even hold a prayer convention of millions of people at the national stadium prayer is what we need now ryt ?
Come to your churches with your grand parents and great grand parents , let asthmatic and hypertensive people come to church , its the house of God nothing can happen to them
...take your communions from the same cup and shake and hug your brethren ...
Let's all get mad once !

My brother you are on your own!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by kingxsamz(m): 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Question? why aren't the market place or malls having these same rules? Now it's obvious the fight is against the church

A fool at forty is a fool forever.
That's all I'll tell you.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by wisestman(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Of course it's a fight against the church. Why are the age guidelines not also extended to banks etc.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by kingxsamz(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
buJu234:
Can we just continue with the online services??

Its even better and more effective because u re not facing any traffic, no rush rush etc, jst stay at the comfort of your home to worship God..

Then via social media we can share godly relationships.

You talk as if the church has any benefits in these times.
You're not even saying anything about schools being opened.
Typical religious Nigerian.
Your lives revolve around religion alone. Smh. undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Sleekfingers: 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:

12. No adults above 60, & children below 16

Why the segregation? They for kuku no reopen any Church.

no be una dey cry say una wan go church and mosque?

Lagos state governments will reverse it, if they aint complying......let me be frank, lagos governor is not happy about the reopening of religious house. But the pressure was too much... I heard it from a reliable source that many religious house will be shut and heavily fine. Because most of them wont comply...especially those small churches .....
My question is how are they gonna praise their God with mask on.....some people go faint o....anyway, wetin concern me

In my opinion, those religious house should remain close till further notice......
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by stacyadams: 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
grin grin angry as church close since wey una never dash pastor Una tithe and seeds,,una no go happy as una use d money dey sustain una selves grin grin

Some na to go church look nyansh and wear new clothes angry grin

Mumu people,,they should lock d whole churches and throw away d key...we need hospitals not churches
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by stacyadams: 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

You talk as if the church has any benefits in these times.
You're not even saying anything about schools being opened.
Typical religious Nigerian.
Your lives revolve around religion alone. Smh. undecided
grin grin grin

Don't mind them,yet very wicked ,bitter and angry set of humans.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by alizma: 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Because the rules are applicable to churches alone right?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by mvem(m): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
churches are opened in many areas in Nigeria or do they mean Lagos
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by stacyadams: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
obonujoker:

Many a persons grow their faith in the church
grin grin grin faith wey no fit cure malaria talk more of corona,,,
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by HeyCorleone(m): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
mrkings84:

My dear let me inform u, the church is not stupid. The church is made of learned people. The church is more organized than any other society u can mention. Dont you know even without ncdc dishing out guidelines that the church knows exactly what to do to cub the spread of any pandemic?

Or u want to tell me you don't Know that most of the renounce health scientists are Christians?

See how you contradict yourself.

Is the NCDC made up entirely of Muslims? There are Christians there also and they have released guidelines for you to follow and you are foaming in your mouth. What exactly do you want? Unruliness?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by HeyCorleone(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
wisestman:

Of course it's a fight against the church. Why are the age guidelines not also extended to banks etc.

Some of you make me understand why Buhari was voted in for a second term. The number of stupid people in this forum is reflective of the Nigerian society as a whole.

How many minutes does someone spend in banks or malls or markets, compared to churches? We have churches that hold services for 3-4 hours. Not to talk of the close proximity when it comes to seating arrangements. There is the aggressive manner in which some of you pray, spitting on those around you, sweating like goats.

The church, as a building, is not the best place to be in such times.

I don't understand why some of you believe the body of Christ is being attacked simply because the state would not allow impunity.

People in the age bracket not allowed to church are more vulnerable and some can hardly take care of themselves properly. It's the same reason why schools are not opened. How do you want a child of 15 to be cautious at all times?

Some of you should try and reason with your brains, that is why God gave it to you.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Uzeee: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
You re looking for quality Turkey wears, shoes, bags and accessories. Search no more. Zyps collections got exquisite designs for you.

Kindly like our Facebook page by following the link

https://www.facebook.com/zypscollections/
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by mrkings84(m): 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
HeyCorleone:

See how you contradict yourself.

Is the NCDC made up entirely of Muslims? There are Christians there also and they have released guidelines for you to follow and you are foaming in your mouth. What exactly do you want? Unruliness?

They should continue dishing out unnecessary guidelines and figures every midnight, I know once there's no more money to share they will rest!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video) / Ogiame Ikenwoli, Olu Of Warri & His Chiefs Storm Oritsejafor's Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.