Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC (68488 Views)

Edo 2020: Obaseki, Ize- Iyamu To Battle For APC Ticket / Edo 2020: Obaseki Sacks Commissioners / Edo 2020: Obaseki Vs Oshiomhole: Shadow-Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by ernieboy(m): 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
SirBunky85:
u are the one deceiving urself
was oshomole not the chairman when apc states reduced from 26 to 20? was he not chairman when benue gov defected to pdp and won?

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Deadlytruth(m): 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
nurempy77:

There is no supreme Court gov in bayelsa abi

Don't mind that guy. He is obviously living in selective amnesia.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by SirBunky85(m): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
ernieboy:
was oshomole not the chairman when apc states reduced from 26 to 20? was he not chairman when benue gov defected to pdp and won?
we are talking abt rivers and u are asking an inconsequential question.was apc on the rivers state ballot paper ?common AA gave wike a tough time evn without pmbs support.would do u think would've happened if apc had participated?
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by ernieboy(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
SirBunky85:
we are talking abt rivers and u are asking an inconsequential question.was apc on the rivers state ballot paper ?common AA gave wike a tough time evn without pmbs support.would do u think would've happened if apc had participated?
oga u are talking nonsense, u insinuated that your "god" oshomole is so powerful that if he had supported amaechi, he would have prevailed in rivers and I gave instances where apc with oahomole's support lost anyway and u are talking nonsense
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by BERNIMOORE: 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
DStatAnalyst:
The game is getting more interesting. For Obaseki to win on another platform, he will need the security apparatus to be on his side on election day. If you are wondering why I mentioned security apparatus, just know that except you are strong like Wike, this is how elections are won and lost in Nigeria now. The question is if the Presidency will be willing to allow Obaseki use this security advantage on election day against their own APC. Grab your popcorn people

Check my signature to vote in opinion polls and win weekly incentives
South south is a different terrain... Rivers floor APC with their security apparatus plus Almighty Amechi. Akwa ibom did same thing including humiliating Akpabio with All the federal mights....Obaseki has met the two warlords from south south And it's about time Obaseki will surely retired oshiomole who will soon join co retirees Messrs Amechi and Akpabio...

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Deadlytruth(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

I know an average Edo person to be rugged. I for talk now, how can they allow Godfatherism of the cowardly Yorubas to stand in Edo state, even at a time I was of the opinion that maybe because they say Edos have similar ancestry with Yoruba so godfatherism might stand, but this move by Obaseki has reignited the Edo spirit that i know. Kudos to the MAN for not being a half man like Ambo**.

The relationship between Edo and Yoruba was only in terms of precolonial politcs.

If anything, only Igbos actually share ancestry with Yorubas as recently as affirmed by the Obi of Onitsha amidst a lot of Igbo Language words which bear almost the same spellings and meanings in Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by frog12: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
i look at obaseki as a technocrat that can deliver but i'm still confused on his performance. i don know what he has achieved so far. or even if he has any sustainable project in the works. i hear say he cancelled the benin storm project that was supposed to stop the flooding.

i'm even surprised a man of his calibre as governor can not have good advisers. he can not even have friends in APC nwc to advise him on the right documents to present. he has himself to blame. he just belittled the governor's office.

time for obaseki's supporters to speak up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by InvertedHammer: 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
vicdom:
cheesy
The game is just starting. The short ugly looking swine of Edo state is finished already. PDP should make sure they take back Edo on the same ground that Devil did in 2007 with his "pseudo- No godfatherism in Edo state". All APC rigging apparatuses must be fought to standstill. ThankGod he's the incumbent. With the masses, South-South Governors and other PDP political enchiladas by his side, Osho and his Lagos landlord will be tamed. No going back, we must achieve all these together if PDP can be able manage some disaffections amongst the subsequent aggrieved members of the party who have fought to still keep the integrity of the party going after the famous 2015 tsunami that came and blew away almost all the party had laboured for many years. 2023 will be very interesting cheesy
/
The first move is to declare that Oshomhole's house has a fake C of O. Or that it was built on a government reserve. Before any court injuctions, the bulldozers would have done the needful. That's how godfathers know that their godsons mean business. When the king runs mad, he first kills the kingmakers. Every human is mortal. grin

/

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Crownfame1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
Brandstudio01:
I wish him the best

However, please I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only
d

Your contact pls
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by akdjr(m): 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
Na so una talk before Obaseki was disqualified. If PDP make the mistake of fielding him they won't have a candidate for the election. Just mark my words.
OZAOEKPE:
Adams go shock soon...

Adams should be ready for war with shaibu, he know say na only him village he get crowd. Shaibu go take the battle to am. He go see am
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by POWEROFPEACE(m): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
Without Governor Obaseki, APC is doomed to fail.
Edo people have started to dislike APC after the disqualification of Governor Obaseki from participating in the primaries.

APC might rigged the election but may not be able to beat the very large figures as in time past.

Unfortunately, Oshiomole is not interested in APC victory but only out to frustrate Obaseki
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
Brandstudio01:
I wish him the best

However, please I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only
bro, see how you are selling your services for peanut. When you can make upto 45k on a single logo..chaii
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Thetruthshallse(m): 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
Abikeade11:
The way some people reason in this forum, only God can help their situation. You term Ambode coward, simply because he refuse to go to another political party after loosing in APC, is it a must for a Governor to go twice? Is it a do or die? When Obaseki knows that he can't condone godfatherism why did he allow the godfather to put him there in the first place, why not fight for himself then by forming a new party that does not have godfather, why go to APC when you know you can't condone godfatherism, no political party in Nigeria is without godfathers, didn't we see how our Governors also turn their self to godfathers after completing their two term by choosing who to be the next governor against the party wish, that is where godfatherism start from, even obaseki will turn to godfather one day. So I didn't see an end to godfatherism in this country, let us all stop supporting this politicians with our do or die mentality and let us stop viewing those that believed is not a do or die as coward.
My sister, why are you bothering yourself. So many people are set in their ways. Yoruba people always says, wisdom is better than physical power.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
Isn't it a little too late of Obaseki dumping the party now? How sure is he that Edo people will even be loyal to him (not APC) and throw all their weight behind him? This desperate move of his might not do him much favour. Federal (Abuja) have smelled a scared , timid person and federal will capitalize that to make Obaseki concede. It's not just about Oshiomole right now. It's about party weight and loyalty of Edo politicians , both in Edo state and in Abuja. This man won't have it easy at all. His case will be somewhat similar to Ikedi Ohakim of Imo state years ago. He might loose and if Philip Shuaibu decides to run also that even makes it worse.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Dansuqi: 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
francisgodstime:
Mr man Buhari helps no one that hw e deceived Ogboru here in Delta that they are going to send d soldiers to prevent PDP from rigging

So couldn't ogboru rig on his own with his boys
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
Honest truth is that I feel Obaseki fired the first salvo, so he is at fault here.

In my opinion, the APC has a very gingered base (from Law-makers who have been denied their seats to local council chairmen who have been forcefully removed), federal might, and a lot of cunning (same on the PDP side). Even if Obaseki wins, they can get him out using his certificate scandal (using the Bayelsa precedent).

The best bet for PDP would be to get Obaseki in their corner and use the resources at his disposal, but not field him as their candidate cos it might come back to haunt them considering his certificate issues. Obaseki's ambition might also fracture PDP's base, as I imagine a lot of their own people are already rearing to contest for the governorship and would need a lot of placation to back down for Obaseki. If Obaseki can back a PDP candidate, he has a chance of finishing off Oshiomole for good,but he would also have ended his own political career.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Nwakaibey195(m): 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
why should pdp use him.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Ayed44: 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
KevUnique:
Isn't it a little too late of Obaseki dumping the party now? How sure is he that Edo people will even be loyal to him (not APC) and throw all their weight behind him? This desperate move of his might not do him much favour. Federal (Abuja) have smelled a scared , timid person and federal will capitalize that to make Obaseki concede. It's not just about Oshiomole right now. It's about party weight and loyalty of Edo politicians , both in Edo state and in Abuja. This man won't have it easy at all. His case will be somewhat similar to Ikedi Ohakim of Imo state years ago. He might loose and if Philip Shuaibu decides to run also that even makes it worse.
The only option left for Obaseki is to leave APC. It will be stupid of him to remain in APC after the humiliation.

Whether he wins or looses the election is in the hand of God Almighty only who sees tomorrow.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=Abikeade11 post=90731880]The way some people reason in this forum, only God can help their situation. You term Ambode coward, simply because he refuse to go to another political party after loosing in APC, is it a must for a Governor to go twice? I have to say that you are saying the truth and that's a hard truth that many political sycophants won't want to accept. Must he serve two terms as as if it's a do-or-die matter? If he didint condone the idea of godfatherism then why did he dance to the tune of Baba Oshio in the first place? Is it not selfish interest and greed that caused it? Now he wants to break the code of their agreement after he has eating with the devils already. Yes, he is a technocrat and not your everyday average politician ,but still, he is human and just like them . Like you said, ma'am, I don't know why ordinary Nigerians should be getting agitated and killing themselves over these people. They don't care about you, tsam-tsam! If they did then they would have used the opportunity they were afforded to assiduously make a good impact and put smiles on the faces of their subjects, but they hardly do this. So why care or be sentimental about who decamps and who wins what? Till they all change! Power hungry lot. Nigerians need change their mentalities.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by tfelicityk(m): 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
Since he resigned from the party at this stage... Is he going to resign from the position he attained as Governor too?
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by SirBunky85(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
ernieboy:
oga u are talking nonsense, u insinuated that your "god" oshomole is so powerful that if he had supported amaechi, he would have prevailed in rivers and I gave instances where apc with oahomole's support lost anyway and u are talking nonsense
u are the one wallowing in self delusion since u can't read& comprehend reasonably
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
The same obaseki that was scared of direct primaries
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Kingspin(m): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
Africonji:
PDP will shock APC in this coming Edo election. Mark my words. cool
That will depend on INEC officials. I know why I keep mentioning them.

Inconclusive abracadabra still exists oo.
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Freelancerx: 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
All the best to him. FCMB is still in the business of helping SMEs with their top 5 in 5 initiative
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by ernieboy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
SirBunky85:
u are the one wallowing in self delusion since u can't read& comprehend reasonably
guy shift, u have no point
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by luluosas(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
It's well. If I can get my voters card before the election, I will vote for Obaseki irrespective of the political party he will contest
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by luluosas(m): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
Can you borrow me 500k for my business upgrade?
Freelancerx:
All the best to him. FCMB is still in the business of helping SMEs with their top 5 in 5 initiative
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

So couldn't ogboru rig on his own with his boys
Ogboru had no support ND structure outside Delta Central he was waiting for Federal might to come ND do d do
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by Bushpolicy(m): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
How do l contact you?

However, please I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only[/quote]
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by SOJOSEPH(m): 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
Re: Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC by martineverest(m): 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
bisoye11:
APC will successfully confuse Philip shaibu to stay, this is my own opinion though.
lol.. Shuaibu will stay in APC?..u must be joking..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

FFK: It Is Over For Tinubu. He Has Been Retired From Politics / Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves / Who Will Be The Next First Lady Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.