Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,938 members, 7,933,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:52 AM

Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season (22764 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2011
montelik:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29032011/23/hamilton-vettel-mansell-only-quite-good.html

Lewis is a really talented driver, but with d way he talks sometimes and d noise that surrounds him one would forget he only has 1 WDC under his belt. Yet there he is talking like he is some sort of veteran of f1, d zen master of driving.

He can't even claim to have been d youngest WDC anymore, yet him still dey run him mouth. grin

Nah, its the rules of the game! If your opponent has a faster car, frighten them off the road! Scare them until their pee turns blue! grin
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
I second u montelik on hamilton. Talent iis not enuf. Alonso has 2 wc hamilton 1wc. Mind u alonso won dose wit renault not d biggest name on the grid even when schumi was active. When hamilton won I guess they wouldn't say tey had d fastest car. I can tell u if haamilton was in a red bull his car would be a failure with his kind of driving. He hardly takes care of his car. His excuse would be d car is too fragile like we don't know already. He is a talented driver but he runs his mouth too much. He is just another british who the british media would always sing his praises.
I wonder if he can win a wc on a say renault. He would just be another young prospect like Jamie etc.i
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
So you guys are having a party here and didn't invite me?!
Well, as most from last year championship know me, I am all the way out an Alonso fan aka Ferrari fan. Anyone claiming that Alonso is not the best driver out there today, is a dreamer. But then again, let's see what this season promise!!!!

1 down, 18 to go!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 3:24am On Apr 04, 2011
Darthmaul:

I second u montelik on hamilton. Talent iis not enuf. Alonso has 2 wc hamilton 1wc. Mind u alonso won dose wit renault not d biggest name on the grid even when schumi was active. When hamilton won I guess they wouldn't say tey had d fastest car. I can tell u if haamilton was in a red bull his car would be a failure with his kind of driving. He hardly takes care of his car. His excuse would be d car is too fragile like we don't know already. He is a talented driver but he runs his mouth too much. He is just another british who the british media would always sing his praises.
I wonder if he can win a wc on a say renault. He would just be another young prospect like Jamie etc.i

Sorry?!!! shocked
Renault was the class act for the two years Alonso won the WDC. They were helped by a clever (but illegal) device fitted to their car that made it so much faster than the others. The device is known as the Tuned Mass Damper (not to be confused with the legal J-damper).
The FIA (very controversially) banned the device in 2006 and Renault fell off the cliff; luckily for Alonso, it was too late to stop his second title: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/05/31/banned-tuned-mass-dampers/

Forget about the Renault angle. Alonso and Lewis have been in the same equipment and Lewis outperformed Alonso. . . In his rookie year too!
Alonso was even favoured until Monaco, when as I mentioned, the much faster Lewis was told to slow down to allow Alonso win (the action even provoked an FIA investigation of McLaren).

MRbrownJAY:

So you guys are having a party here and didn't invite me?!
Well, as most from last year championship know me, I am all the way out an Alonso fan aka Ferrari fan. Anyone claiming that Alonso is not the best driver out there today, is a dreamer. But then again, let's see what this season promise!!!!

1 down, 18 to go!

Hmm! It might not be 18 to go with the way the Middle East is catching flame. Like Bahrain, we might not see Abu Dhabi.

. . .To continue where we stopped last season wink, Alonso is a whinner and Lewis is a winner. My poetry is cheesy, but facts are real.
To crown it, there is no team that isn't keeping an eye out for Lewis, even Red Bull he dissed a couple of weeks ago as, "just a drinks company."

Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko says signing Lewis Hamilton is "always" a topic for Red Bull Racing
. . .
Marko has hinted that Red Bull may try make a swoop for McLaren driver Hamilton.

"First we have to see how the season goes for Mark and what he decides," he told German publication Sport Bild.

"Definitely with his aggression and his speed, Hamilton must always be a topic. Our philosophy is to have the quickest drivers together in our team."

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/18227/6850266/Marko-Hamilton-a-topic-for-Red-Bull
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
Beaf:

Hmm! It might not be 18 to go with the way the Middle East is catching flame. Like Bahrain, we might not see Abu Dhabi.

. . .To continue where we stopped last season wink, Alonso is a whinner and Lewis is a winner. My poetry is cheesy, but facts are real.
To crown it, there is no team that isn't keeping an eye out for Lewis, even Red Bull he dissed a couple of weeks ago as, "just a drinks company."

I hate that Abu Dhabi track. I would be more than happy to see done away with. It totally destroyed what could have been an even more interesting climax to last seasons WDC.

Meanwhile Marko is just trying to make trouble again. Its bs, after all Vettel spent d off season shouting about how he wants to race for Ferrari or Mclaren, yet signed a new deal promptly. Hamilton needs to start delivering what his mouth is always promising. No more excuses.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 12:33am On Apr 05, 2011
montelik:

I hate that Abu Dhabi track. I would be more than happy to see done away with. It totally destroyed what could have been an even more interesting climax to last seasons WDC.

Meanwhile Marko is just trying to make trouble again. Its bs, after all Vettel spent d off season shouting about how he wants to race for Ferrari or Mclaren, yet signed a new deal promptly. Hamilton needs to start delivering what his mouth is always promising. No more excuses.

I don't fancy the racing at Abu Dhabi that much either, its not the easiest place to overtake. But hell! It has to be the most beautiful F1 circuit! I love the way the Yas Marina Hotel changes colours, especially as its in the night. Its truly enchanting.

Lewis will deliver in good time. Its McLaren thats been producing duds in the past seasons, I agree though that it would be best for Lewis wheels to match his mouth.

In the meantime, the Redbull lovefest isn't going away. Its not impossible that Lewis would be lured over:

"Lewis is a wonderfully gifted driver," Horner said. "He's obviously happy at McLaren. We're very happy with the driver line-up that we have.

"Of course if he wanted to drive for Red Bull then of course you couldn't ignore a driver of his calibre. But I understand that he's got a multi-year contract with McLaren and I'd envisage that he'd be there for a while yet.

"With any driver/team relationship there's got to be a desire on both sides, and that's what makes the relationship work so well with our current drivers. Sebastian's been with Red Bull since he was 12.

"But who knows, in the future, you can never rule anything out. But there would have to be a strong desire on both sides to do something like that."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04042011/58/vettel-hamilton-work.html

Pretty undisguised attention. All the time Ferrari chased after Alonso, they bluntly denied interest; maybe it just shows Red Bulls inexperience (as just a drinks company embarassed).
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2011
Drinks company? So funny
Wonder wat he will say when he starts to drive for them
Rookie year or not, he might never add to his 1 world title. Time is already ticking. Hope he proves me wrong dis year n win championship not mouth running.
I do agree dat alonso is a whinner but hamilton a winner, nahh,
Vettel is still d man to be @ the moment.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2011
I can see that this year is gonna be as exciting as the last, when it come to trash talking about Alonso. Oh well, I remember how all (including your highness Beaf) went VERY silent towards the end of last year's championship and Alonso was ON FIRE and about to grab a 3rd trophy(we all know that he didn't because of a silly decision to pit).
See them now running their mouth once again. . . . . As I said before, as long as HAM doesn't win, I am good, lol!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 9:32pm On Apr 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

I can see that this year is gonna be as exciting as the last, when it come to trash talking about Alonso. Oh well, I remember how all (including your highness Beaf) went VERY silent towards the end of last year's championship and Alonso was ON FIRE and about to grab a 3rd trophy(we all know that he didn't because of a silly decision to pit).
See them now running their mouth once again. . . . . As I said before, as long as HAM doesn't win, I am good, lol!

Yeah. . . With team orders and choreographed team mate overtaking moves. cheesy
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 6:42am On Apr 08, 2011
Malaysian Grand Prix - Webber is fastest in first practice! . . .And I mean fastest by a whopping 1.6 seconds!
Lewis is 2nd, Massa's Ferarri is a 2.8 secs off Webber and Alonso a full 3 secs! Looks like game over this weekend, but 2nd practice will begin in a few minutes, so we'll see.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 8:43am On Apr 08, 2011
Its seems Webber and his engineers have worked out whatever issues there were with his car in Melbourne. Hopefully he can put in a good qualifying lap tomorrow and get on d front row alongside Vettel.

It seems RBR will certainly be making use of KERS this weekend. But its still practice, no conclusion now can be solid.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2011

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix chiefs have revealed that track changes will be made to the Yas Marina circuit for this November's Formula 1 race in the wake of criticisms about a lack of overtaking at last year's event.

With drivers and team chiefs critical after the 2010 race that the track layout had failed to produce much excitement - despite being designed to promote overtaking - officials have agreed to make modifications.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08042011/58/abu-dhabi-track-changes.html

While I want to feel happy about this development, I doubt there is much they can do to improve d Yas Marina circuit as an exciting racing track. No doubt d track is top notch and scenery is wonderful, but as an actually f1 racing track, its boring with a capital B. Get rid of it, totally redesign d track or shift it from d end of calendar to d middle or beginning.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 1:57am On Apr 09, 2011
montelik:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08042011/58/abu-dhabi-track-changes.html

While I want to feel happy about this development, I doubt there is much they can do to improve d Yas Marina circuit as an exciting racing track. No doubt d track is top notch and scenery is wonderful, but as an actually f1 racing track, its boring with a capital B. Get rid of it, totally redesign d track or shift it from d end of calendar to d middle or beginning.

Lol!
It was designed to be a Monaco in the desert, so its every bit as scenic and every bit as boring.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2011
^^^ Then they should reschedule it. Monaco comes up early in d season not at d end when competition and desperation for points is high. Since its mostly a show track they should move to an earlier period to avoid anti climaxes like last year.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 10:09am On Apr 09, 2011
Vettel gets poll, Lewis second!
. . .Whither Fererri?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2011
Tomorrows race looks like it could a real cracker, pity I may not be able to watch.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 11:23am On Apr 09, 2011
montelik:

Tomorrows race looks like it could a real cracker, pity I may not be able to watch.

Why, you working?
The race promises to be out and out adrenaline! Sepang is an overtaking circuit and turn one is going to be a massive nerve/KERS competition. . . Plus Lewis has been severely badmouthing Vettel again.

Its gonna be worn on tyre maintainance and strategy. I see Lewis edging it if there are no drama's. Mark Webbers star has stopped shinning, I see him settling into a pretty soggy number (same as Jenson).
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2011
What a move Lewis pulled on Schumi and Buemi! Wow!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2011
I hope Alonso hasn't damaged Lewis tyre with his silly move. embarassed
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by OlaRay4(m): 11:15am On Apr 10, 2011
The incompetence of McLaren, Lewis has been royally screwed here. Have they just put him on hards AGAIN for three laps? Have they lost their minds?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
Vettel is going to make this years WDC look like a procession if Alonso & Ferrari, Hamilton & Mclaren and Webber don't sort out themselves. Yet again Webber has another mechanical fault that compromises his start, Hamilton doesn't manage his tires well enough, together with some bad strategy and Alonso and Ferrari has some serious ground to make up.

Great performance by Heidfeld and Renault. Red Bull and Vettel are still d ones to beat. God help d others when they sort out their KERS issues. Next up Shanghai.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
Ola-Ray:

The incompetence of McLaren, Lewis has been royally screwed here. Have they just put him on hards AGAIN for three laps? Have they lost their minds?

Apparently they had no choice, that is all they had.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by OlaRay4(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
Apparently they had no choice, that is all they had.

They gave him the hard compound TWICE, that's when he started to struggle
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
According to Pedro De La Rosa, Lewis used all his other tyres during qualifying.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 8:44am On Apr 11, 2011
I say bring RON D back. Those boys at McLaren now just dey make me laugh.

Plus I think, Alonso na craze man. grin
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
montelik:

According to Pedro De La Rosa, Lewis used all his other tyres during qualifying.

No, Lewis places it on poor strategy from McLaren. Also both McLarens had the same number of tyres as the Red Bulls, and both teams had more choices than al the others after quali. IMHO McLaren thought the new ultra smooth Lewis could make it to the end without having to stop, hence the hard tyre choice.

But in Malaysia yesterday, the 26-year-old was far from happy as he criticised the team's strategy, tyre choice and pit stops, before falling foul of the stewards again.
. . .
The strategy wasn't perfect, a pit-stop wasn't perfect, but that is the way it goes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/lewis-hamilton-points-to-consistency-in-title-challenge-2266343.html
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
Thank god I couldn't watch that race!!!
Now, can someone explain to me this: both Alonso and the Ham got 20 second penalty added to their final time but only Ham lost position down to seven while Alonso remain higher?!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Thank god I couldn't watch that race!!!
Now, can someone explain to me this: both Alonso and the Ham got 20 second penalty added to their final time but only Ham lost position down to seven while Alonso remain higher?!

Its the gaps they had to the drivers behind them, thats why. Alonso had more than a 20 second gap, but Lewis had about 3 seconds only to the next man. Lewis really fell back so fast, it was incredible.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2011
But I thought Ham finished ahead of Alonso?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

But I thought Ham finished ahead of Alonso?
Alonso bashed into Lewis while trying to overtake and definitely one of the reasons Lewis lost pace. It affected the rear tyres imo.

Alonso broke his front wing.

http://www.goldcoastmail.com.au/story/2011/04/12/alonso-and-hamilton-hit-by-penalties/
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
FBS:

Alonso bashed into Lewis while trying to overtake and definitely one of the reasons Lewis lost pace. It affected the rear tyres imo.

Alonso broke his front wing.

http://www.goldcoastmail.com.au/story/2011/04/12/alonso-and-hamilton-hit-by-penalties/

LOL. Please Lewis problems at d end of d race had nothing to do with Alonso, Mclaren confirmed it themselves. Find another excuse grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team / Plusvalenza: Juve Jumps To 3rd As Court Temporarily Suspends 15-points Deduction / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.