Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,928 members, 7,933,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:32 AM

Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season (22762 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2011
I hope the race ends NOW
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2011
baby-boy:

Knowing that Martin Whitmash kicked Lewis out of McLaren as Kid, only for Ron Dennis to tell Martin off that he was wrong and brought him back,

He never like him in the first place  

thats a little far fetched, dont you think? especially when Lewis is quick to praise THEM when he wins.

montelik:

Its time for someone to sit Hamilton down and talk to him, cos this stuff is getting too much. D guy was under investigation for 3 separate incidents in just 8 laps. This has gone past racism, bias or any other excuses. If d guy has issues that he is taking to track with him, he better sort them fast cos he could be involved in an ugly incident soon at this rate.

For what its worth, unlike Monaco and I don't think he did anything wrong during d incident with Button. He was faster, so he tried to pass. Button tried to take d racing line into d turn but for some reason didn't know Lewis was there. Although he did turn into Webber, despite Mark giving him enough room. But in does condition its an understandable mistake.

the guy is frustrated as someone said earlier. he knows he is a great driver but doesnt have a car to showcase his "supremacy". his ONE championship is nothing to brag about when people like Alonso have two or Vettel is on his way to claim a second one.

his only option is to do some crazy and dangerous overtaking to move up the ladder and, obviously, that means possibly crashing (or being involved in one)

as for Button's incident, he simply followed the racing line and the Ham should have gone the other way, no fault there for Button.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2011
thats a little far fetched, dont you think? especially when Lewis is quick to praise THEM when he wins.

Praise who?

The pit crew or Martin!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2011
^^ praising EVERYONE in Mc laren!!!!!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2011
Its obvious Lewis is frustrated and feeling d pressure, but he shouldn't let that make him drive in an unnecessarily risky fashion. It neither does him or his team any good. Even after d crash he was still trying to get his car back to d pits, despite his suspension clearly looking stuffed. shocked

He should take a look at Webber who has been battling all sorts of mechanical issues with his RB7 all season, while watching his teammate fly away from d rest of d field, with d his perfectly packaged RB7. He could easily drive like a man possessed himself with all of his frustrations, but d guy has kept his cool.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2011
his ONE championship is nothing to brag about when people like Alonso have two or Vettel is on his way to claim a second one.

Stirling Moss has won ZERO champion
Nigel Mansell 1
Damion Hill 1
Jenson Button 1
David coultard 0

I guess Lewis is in good company, he has won a title
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2011
They might as well just call d race off. I doubt we will see much action anyways.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2011
baby-boy:

Stirling Moss has won ZERO champion
Nigel Mansell 1
Damion Hill 1
Jenson Button 1
David coultard 0

I guess Lewis is in good company,  he has won a title

as a "great driver", yes, he is as good as these lot but definitely NOT regarded as THE BEST!
why do you think M. Schumacher or A.Senna has been regarded as the best ever f1 drivers?!
ITS ALL ABOUT WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by JudgeDredd: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2011
Greater percentage of this race has been behind d safety car! With his unpredictable character, Hamilton just lost another championship, too bad.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2011
bloody hell!!!! these Mc Laren drivers are #$&%@
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
bloody hell!!!! these Mc Laren drivers are #$&%@

you were saying
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by JudgeDredd: 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2011
^^^^^ ahahaha, would've preferred lewis in pole position though
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2011
baby-boy:

you were saying
if all what it takes to win is to run your opponents illegally out of the race then we would have HAM also on podium today.

remember, Button is still going to be investigated for running Alonso out of the race. bloody criminals at Mc Laren, kill them lot, lol!!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2011
if all what it takes to win is to run your opponents illegally out of the race then we would have HAM also on podium today.

Who ran who out of the race?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2011
I love the way them McLarens boys battle. Refreshing and fun-tastic. cheesy

Mr Alonso. pele oo! cheesy
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@FBS
Lewis has DEFINITELY been getting preferential treatment (aka favoritism) at Mc Laren until Jenson came along THUS he should keep quiet.
btw when did the Ham won Monaco and then got stripped of the victory? what are you claiming here? is 6th the new 1st in your side of town?
i remember clearly last yr when the yellow flag was out and the Ham did the same kind of dangerous driving out of the pit and got Alonso in trouble.i guess you must have forgot that race. which one was it again?! he wasnt penalized then so why cry racism "now"?!

@MRbrownJAY,
I wasn't talking about the last monaco race. LH loves that track especially when it is wet. cheesy
But you must be kidding me if you don't remember that LH was stripped of his Belgium GP win in 08?
was he not stripped of his points in Australia back in 2009?
So what are you singing about hombre?
Preferential treatment at MacLaren until Jenson came along? Fallacy! You mean to say that Mr Alonso ran away cos he couldn't stand the heat with Lewis breathing down his neck?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2011
Preferential treatment at MacLaren until Jenson came along? Fallacy! You mean to say that Mr Alonso ran away cos he couldn't stand the heat with Lewis breathing down his neck?

Classic!!!!!!!

The same Alonso that treaten to report McLaren unless the short fuel Lewis in a race, or or was it not for Alonso they asked Nelson Pique Jr to crash in Singapore so that the safety car would help Alonso from the back of the grid to the front!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2011
FBS:

@MRbrownJAY,
I wasn't talking about the last monaco race. LH loves that track especially when it is wet.  cheesy
But you must be kidding me if you don't remember that LH was stripped of his Belgium GP win in 08?

bro, he either has to ACCEPT the ruling of the race stewards or not BUT shouldnt automatically say they are racist when their decisions dont favor him. what kind of an hypocrite is he?!
Spa 08 move on Raikkonen was disputable BUT the stewards decided that Ham made a mistake. . . . . . . .and thats that!

as for Monaco, that weekend for Ham was bad from qualifying, and he just continued with that bad "spell" all the way to the race THUS his ugly driving. who are we kidding here?

was he not stripped of his points in Australia back in 2009?

would you like me to give you the run down on all the drivers who had their points taken away by stewards? is Ham the only one who ever got points stripped?

i mean to say that Heikki Kovalainen complained about that same preferential treatment toward the Ham, namely the fact that HAM was always getting the new parts fitted on his car WAY before Heikki (and thats a fact). Alonso too complained about being number 2 during his stint at ML . . . . . . . . . BUT i am sure you have a perfect reason for that, right?

anyway, when you have been sukcing dikcs groomed since 10yrs old by Ron Dennis, you will obviously get preferential treatment at Mc Laren.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2011
Spa 08 move on Raikkonen was disputable BUT the stewards decided that Ham made a mistake. . . . . . . .and thats that!

What MISTAKE?

The rule stated you have to give back the position when you cut the field, he gave back the position then managed to get a tow on Kimi and slip stream past him,

i mean to say that Heikki Kovalainen complained about that same preferential treatment toward the Ham, namely the fact that HAM was always getting the new parts fitted on his car WAY before Heikki (and thats a fact). Alonso too complained about being number 2 during his stint at ML . . . . . . . . . BUT i am sure you have a perfect reason for that, right?

anyway, when you have been sukcing dikcs groomed since 10yrs old by Ron Dennis, you will obviously get preferential treatment at Mc Laren.

Kovalainen sucked in the same car and when you reach half way of a season one driver had to play the supporting role or the number 2 driver, Because Alonso was hiding data from him, he learnt how to give feed back on new parts to a car, something Kovy hasnt been able to do to date, that's why Lewis gets them first, Like Schumacher didnt get the same treatment at Ferrari, Alonso at Renault and Ferrari, something he tried to bully McLaren to do but they refuse because Lewis was meant to be the #2 driver but he was leading the championship table
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2011
baby-boy:

What MISTAKE?
The rule stated you have to give back the position when you cut the field, he gave back the position then managed to get a tow on Kimi and slip stream past him.

to"slip stream" pass anyone, wouldnt you first have to STAND BEHIND that person?! i suggest you look at it again.
only a bias person couldnt see that Ham got an advantage by cutting the chicane!
i dont make the rules and IF Ham/Mc Laren had a clear case of "injustice" then they should have taken that up with the stewards. et voila!

Kovalainen sucked in the same car and when you reach half way of a season one driver had to play the supporting role or the number 2 driver,  Because Alonso was hiding data from him, he learnt how to give feed back on new parts to a car, something Kovy hasnt been able to do to date, that's why Lewis gets them first,

its good that we can all agree that Ham has always gotten preferential treatment at Mc Laren.
btw alonso had a setup on his car and Lewis was having "spies" tell him what setups Alonso had on his car so that he (Ham) could compete. . . . . . . . . . until Alonso found out and stopped this charade (around the 6th race of the season). although people are on the same team, they compete against each other AND for every single points!

so as i repeat, its RIGHT for drivers on the same team to compete against each other but its definitely WRONG for the team to be favoring one over the other, for no apparent reason.

Like Schumacher didnt get the same treatment at Ferrari, Alonso at Renault and Ferrari,  something he tried to bully McLaren to do but they refuse because Lewis was meant to be the #2 driver but he was leading the championship table

M.Schumacher=multiple world champ
Alonso= double world champ
if i'd listen to you then Alonso (with his 2 championship) should have had preferential treatment at Mc Laren over inexperienced Lewis, from the get go. why didnt he get it? and why did Lewis got it instead?

also, your mid championship facts dont hold water, bro! how do you think Ham got ahead in the championship? duh!!!!! P R E F E R E N T I A L  T R E A T M E N T
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
Alonso= double world champ
if i'd listen to you then Alonso (with his 2 championship) should have had preferential treatment at Mc Laren over inexperienced Lewis, from the get go. why didnt he get it? and why did Lewis got it instead?

Alonso had preferential treatment from the word go, but I cant remember the race Alonso was in 4th and Lewis in was 2nd position and Alonso was upset that they didnt tell Lewis to slow down, at a point Alonso couldnt match Lewis's pace then Alonso decide to throw his toys out of the pram,  Thats why Alonso asked Ron Dennis to short fuel Lewis.

also, your mid championship facts dont hold water, bro! how do you think Ham got ahead in the championship? duh!!!!! P R E F E R E N T I A L T R E A T M E N T

I cant remember at any point the team asked Kovy to slow down for Lewis
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
^^people like you are the reason why there is all this talk about HAM/ALONSO. . . . . . you only look at half the facts that are, obviously, beneficial to HAM.
during US grand prix back in07, Alonso was asked not to pass Ham even though he was faster. why dont you say anything about that?

i also remember when a certain Ham cheated his way out of the pit to pass the safety car and, instead of giving him an automatic drive through penalty, the stewards waited LONG ENOUGH for him to gain an unfair advantage. why didnt Ham say anything THEN?! oh yeah, the stewards were no racist by then, only when they do stuff that arent beneficial to HIM.

how can Mc Laren ask hekki to slow down when they already have him in a slower car, lol!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
how can Mc Laren ask hekki to slow down when they already have him in a slower car, lol!

Hekki didnt know how to set his car up so he had to use Lewis's set up

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CWJCGInsVUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by omar22(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
Alonso was the unquestioned coming man, the youngest-ever world champion and the man who had toppled the mighty Michael Schumacher. In his final year with Renault, in 2006, he did it again, beating Schumacher for back-to-back titles. Hamilton, meanwhile, was building on his successes in karting, Formula Renault and Formula Three to leap into GP2, the series one rung below F1 on the racing ladder.

He won that championship at the first attempt and it became clear to everyone that Dennis would have to be mad not to put him into the vacant seat alongside the incoming Alonso for 2007. The kid was good, and he could do nothing but learn from Alonso, himself a former karting star who had eventually got his break in F1 with Minardi in 2001 after success in Formula 3000, the predecessor of GP2.

At times, Alonso had been unhappy at Renault that teammate Giancarlo Fisichella, whom he usually beat, had been allowed to get the better of him. He went to McLaren with the comfortable feeling that all the attention would be on him in the team's highly focused quest for success.

So, it didn't take long for feathers to get ruffled as Hamilton rattled off not just a record-annihilating run of nine consecutive podium finishes in his first nine grands prix, but actually won two races.

He made Alonso look like the rookie in Canada, where the Spaniard fell off the road four times trying to keep up, and he so rattled him while winning in America a week later that a petulant Alonso sped down the main straight on one lap so close to the pit wall that his team, which refused to tell Hamilton to move over, was sprayed with grit.

"I think when you look at the winter tests, Lewis was very quick and was very close in times comparing to Pedro and me," Alonso admitted publicly after Indianapolis. "So no big difference between the three drivers of the team. So, you know, why not fighting for victories, podiums and championship?

"But on the other hand, I think it has been a surprise for me and a surprise for everybody to see him doing so well and leading the championship. But, you know, I have big confidence. We only did seven races, 10 to go. So I'm very happy with my 48 points, and the championship will be decided at the end. Again, I have confidence that I can do it."

Dennis, of course, had seen all this before. He had, after all, been the man who partnered Ayrton Senna with Alain Prost at McLaren in 1988, and in the highly acrimonious 1989 season that saw them collide in the Japanese Grand Prix before Prost departed for arch-rival Ferrari.

Partnering Alonso and Hamilton had never seemed like that sort of risk, until Hamilton began to reveal his incredible talent. All drivers have a very good idea of where they fit into the overall scheme of things, and who they rate. It didn't take Alonso any time at all to realise that his original assessment of Hamilton was way off the mark. And yet they remained good buddies, even doing a knockabout advertisement for Mercedes-Benz in which they battle each other to check into a hotel, and to see who can beat the greatest heat in a sauna.

The Hungarian Grand Prix changed all that, and consigned the cordiality of their relationship to the sporting bench.

The team's strategy for qualifying called for Hamilton to let Alonso get ahead of him. He did not. "After my first run, I was sent out of the garage first and got to the end of the pit lane first," Hamilton said yesterday. "When I was there the team reminded me to let Fernando pass. I saw him staggered to my right in my mirrors, and Kimi [Ferrari driver Raikkonen] was very close.

"Immediately, I thought 'OK, I'll let Fernando past so long as doing so won't let Kimi past as well and spoil my run.' I thought I'd take the decision when I got round the first corner, and if Fernando was with me and we both had pace, I'd let him go.

"I pushed, but I don't know why he didn't. He actually fell back quite a bit. I was told again to let him past but he was miles behind so I just kept going. If he had stayed right with me, I would have let him past."

Alonso, feeling that Hamilton had compromised him, then deliberately loitered in the pits, ahead of Hamilton, before their final runs. By the time Hamilton's car was fitted with its final set of tyres, Alonso had embarked on the lap that would win him pole position, and Hamilton had run out of time for his own last attempt. Over the radio he roundly berated Dennis, whom at that time he believed to be the architect of his downfall because he had not obeyed orders.

"Don't you ever fucking do that to me again," he is alleged to have said to the man who gave him his big break. "Don't fucking speak to me like that," Dennis is said to have replied.

"Fucking swivel on it," Hamilton reportedly retorted.

Dennis would neither confirm nor deny it, but said: "I was quite firm on the radio, and he was reasonably firm back. We were both firm with each other. But that's life. It is extremely difficult to deal with two such competitive drivers. There are definite pressures within the team. We make no secret of it.

"They are both very competitive, and want to win, and we are trying our very hardest to balance those pressures. Today we were part of a process where it didn't work, and the end result is more pressure on the team.

"Obviously Lewis feels more uncomfortable with the situation than Fernando. That's life, that's the way it is, and if he feels too hot to talk about it then that's the way it is."

In Hungary, Alonso was the only member of the McLaren team not to wish Hamilton good luck before the start, as the contrite 22 year-old made an effort to patch things up in a team whose hard-working staff back at the factory would lose their bonus payments for the weekend which are linked to the number of points the team scores.

Besides dropping Alonso five places on the grid, the stewards had decreed that no constructors' championship points would be awarded to McLaren, whatever the outcome of the race.

"With Ron, obviously I wasn't happy," Hamilton said, "but you have to be professional so we sat down and I told him my views and he respected that they were part of my personality, so we came to a mutual understanding. It's still not great because of all the problems we are having already with the FIA, it's more pressure on the team.

"They asked me why I didn't do what they wanted. I said I made a mistake, I apologised, it won't happen again. Because of argument with Ron on the radio, obviously I was angry, and I thought he'd done it [created the delay with Fernando] to teach me a lesson, I took it on the chin, that's why I said I didn't think that Fernando would do something like that. But now I have reasons to believe otherwise.

"I've been working with Ron for nearly 10 years now. This was quite a big event, a problem for the team, but the relationship is very strong so we will move on."

Hamilton has never made any secret of his respect for Alonso. "That respect remains the same," he insisted yesterday. "When you grow up and see someone successful such as Fernando or Michael [Schumacher], you have to respect what they have achieved and what they do. I watched Fernando and really admired what he does. That hasn't changed."

But they are unlikely to cry upon one another's shoulders any more."It's always difficult, and I have had it in every team I have been in," Hamilton added; "you have two very, very competitive people, possibly the two most competitive around, both want to win, and that puts team under immense pressure, it's extremely hard on everyone. That's why sometimes it appears one is favoured over the other.

"We can go on from here. I am easy to get on with, I don't hold grudges. I'm still leading the world championship and I haven't lost my respect for Fernando. If he doesn't want to speak
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
^^what are you on about? by the time they got to Canada 07, Alonso had won 2 races while Ham NONE. sorry to say but the rookie was DEFINITELY Ham (even though he used all his spies to get info on Alonso's setup)
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by omar22(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
Look Alonso under estimated Lewis and was friendly at the beginning with Lewis and shared his set-up data with Lewis but due to bitterness he started hiding his data, a former McLaren driver gave Lewis a crash course in understanding how to set up his car, The fact was Alonso couldn't handle the fact that his team mate had the raw pace and theirs a strong chance lewis could beat him,

"tension-fraught 2007 Hungarian GP, Alonso approached Dennis, telling him to short-fuel Hamilton's McLaren so that the Brit would run out of fuel and fail to finish the grand prix"
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
^^ get yourself better informed. Alonso NEVER shared his setup with Lewis, they were given to Ham by his "spies".
Lewis thought he had a great setup only to discover that Alonso's setup was better (what do you expect from a 2 time world champ?).

when Alonso found out about it (around Canadian GP 07), he got really pissed off and thats when he blocked all access to his setup!

as i repeat, although they were on the same team, they competed against each other.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by OlaRay4(m): 6:40am On Jun 15, 2011
@MRbrownJAY

Give it up Alonso was showing Lewis how to set up his car for each race and how to read race data, all of a sudden he stopped, It was Mika Hakkinen (a former McLaren driver) who gave Lewis a crash course in how to set up his car himself and how to read race data! don't come here drip feed us garbage.

The main fact that your boy who was labelled the crybaby of F1 got beaten by a rookie was too hard to take. No doubt Hamilton's best season was 2007 but then it was always going to be difficult to match, never mind supercede, such an explosive introduction to F1.

2007 wasn't just about the statistics and facts, nor about his performance relative to his team mate's. Hamilton was like a thunderbolt up the bum of a fusty old hierarchical pecking order. He showed us that, contrary to general opinion, overtaking was possible in F1 and F1 could be exciting. Who knew?

Before 2007 (following Williams's decline) F1 was, when it wasn't a walkover for one driver, usually a battle between two competitors, and usually they were the lead drivers from McLaren and Ferrari (notwithstanding Benetton/Renault aberrations in which a combination of Briatore's cheating, a damn good driver and a pretty decent car twice gave them a brace of championship seasons). By rights 2007 should have been the same story, with champion Alonso pitted against should-be champion Raikkonen and Hamilton and Massa playing back-up roles (nothing to do with team orders, everything to do with the natural order). Hamilton's outrageous skillz and monstering upset that applecart and the expected two-way fight became an epic three-way, with no love lost and no quarter given.

What else happened in 2007 happened and 2008, with Alonso relegated to a midfield straggler and Raikkonen having lost interest following his WDC, was anything but a battle of the titans. As nice a chap as Massa may be, he's not really in Hamilton's league. At the end of the day a single point managed on the last lap of the final race counts as much in deciding the championship as six dominant victories at the start of the season and Hamilton was a worthy and deserved victor. Like Hill in 1996.

In all honesty, it appears it's Alonso's career has stalled, not Hamilton's. Alonso couldn't hack it at Mclaren, went back to Renault and the team went backwards. He left Renault and the team moved forwards, he joined Ferrari, they went backwards at the start of the season, then they copied the red bull flexi wing and went forward and failed in their world championship bid due to his inability to overtake Petrov. He still would have failed as Rosberg was ahead of him. Now the team have a car he helped develop and bring his famous 6tenths to languishing behind the Red Bulls, Mclarens and Mercedes'.

In his time in F1, the only team mate who stood up to him and became stronger is Hamilton. Fisichella's career went downhill because of Alonso and he's doing a great job of ruining Massa's as well.

It appears Fernando wants to take everyone down with him. Really sad though as he was a great driver.

Alonso's sole win in his return to Renault was due to crashgate. It's truly a disgrace that he still claims that engineered victory. The team was taken so far backward that they struggled to get back. They've got a great package now and only have one podium less than Alonso this season.

He won the race at the start of last season due to reliability problems with the red bull.

Ferrari copied the diffuser and flexi wing and tested them at the 'media day' and improved performance. Cheating again.

He has battered Massa into submission and all Massa does now is crash into people who can hamper Alonso's challenge.

He put in a stellar performance at Monaco though. Even Schumacher puts in the odd performance. It's what you would expect from a has been. Truly Alonso is finished. He also managed to con ferrari into giving him a long contract.

Smart move by the matador.

My mistake, Alonso won a race in the renault without his team mate crashing or moving over for him. Great, I wish he won races like that more often.

Alonso blackmailed the team, didn't work and he then testified against the team. He, along with De la Rosa were the ones with the Ferrari docs and e-mails. What was he doing with them by the way?

I enjoy a good scrap and praise all the racers. Hamilton was silly in Monaco and paid the price for it. He's still the only driver to beat Vettel this season.

So your best defence against Ferrari cheating is spygate. Oh my!! Have you observed that wherever Alonso goes controversy isn't far behind. The common theme in Spygate, Crashgate, Teamordergate, UnabletomanagePetrovgate is Alonso. One day he will be exposed. He is called Teflonso or Crybaby for a reason. One day he will get caught and the truth will out.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2011
Ola-Ray:

@MRbrownJAY

Give it up Alonso was showing Lewis how to set up his car for each race and how to read race data, all of a sudden he stopped,  It was Mika Hakkinen (a former McLaren driver) who gave Lewis a crash course in how to set up his car himself and how to read race data! don't come here drip feed us garbage.

The main fact that your boy who was labelled the crybaby of F1 got beaten by a rookie was too hard to take. No doubt Hamilton's best season was 2007 but then it was always going to be difficult to match, never mind supercede, such an explosive introduction to F1.

2007 wasn't just about the statistics and facts, nor about his performance relative to his team mate's. Hamilton was like a thunderbolt up the bum of a fusty old hierarchical pecking order. He showed us that, contrary to general opinion, overtaking was possible in F1 and F1 could be exciting. Who knew?

Before 2007 (following Williams's decline) F1 was, when it wasn't a walkover for one driver, usually a battle between two competitors, and usually they were the lead drivers from McLaren and Ferrari (notwithstanding Benetton/Renault aberrations in which a combination of Briatore's cheating, a damn good driver and a pretty decent car twice gave them a brace of championship seasons). By rights 2007 should have been the same story, with champion Alonso pitted against should-be champion Raikkonen and Hamilton and Massa playing back-up roles (nothing to do with team orders, everything to do with the natural order). Hamilton's outrageous skillz and monstering upset that applecart and the expected two-way fight became an epic three-way, with no love lost and no quarter given.

What else happened in 2007 happened and 2008, with Alonso relegated to a midfield straggler and Raikkonen having lost interest following his WDC, was anything but a battle of the titans. As nice a chap as Massa may be, he's not really in Hamilton's league. At the end of the day a single point managed on the last lap of the final race counts as much in deciding the championship as six dominant victories at the start of the season and Hamilton was a worthy and deserved victor. Like Hill in 1996.

In all honesty, it appears it's Alonso's career has stalled, not Hamilton's. Alonso couldn't hack it at Mclaren, went back to Renault and the team went backwards. He left Renault and the team moved forwards, he joined Ferrari, they went backwards at the start of the season, then they copied the red bull flexi wing and went forward and failed in their world championship bid due to his inability to overtake Petrov. He still would have failed as Rosberg was ahead of him. Now the team have a car he helped develop and bring his famous 6tenths to languishing behind the Red Bulls, Mclarens and Mercedes'.

In his time in F1, the only team mate who stood up to him and became stronger is Hamilton. Fisichella's career went downhill because of Alonso and he's doing a great job of ruining Massa's as well.

It appears Fernando wants to take everyone down with him. Really sad though as he was a great driver.

Alonso's sole win in his return to Renault was due to crashgate. It's truly a disgrace that he still claims that engineered victory. The team was taken so far backward that they struggled to get back. They've got a great package now and only have one podium less than Alonso this season.

He won the race at the start of last season due to reliability problems with the red bull.

Ferrari copied the diffuser and flexi wing and tested them at the 'media day' and improved performance. Cheating again.

He has battered Massa into submission and all Massa does now is crash into people who can hamper Alonso's challenge.

He put in a stellar performance at Monaco though. Even Schumacher puts in the odd performance. It's what you would expect from a has been. Truly Alonso is finished. He also managed to con ferrari into giving him a long contract.

Smart move by the matador.

My mistake, Alonso won a race in the renault without his team mate crashing or moving over for him. Great, I wish he won races like that more often.

Alonso blackmailed the team, didn't work and he then testified against the team. He, along with De la Rosa were the ones with the Ferrari docs and e-mails. What was he doing with them by the way?

I enjoy a good scrap and praise all the racers. Hamilton was silly in Monaco and paid the price for it. He's still the only driver to beat Vettel this season.

So your best defence against Ferrari cheating is spygate. Oh my!! Have you observed that wherever Alonso goes controversy isn't far behind. The common theme in Spygate, Crashgate, Teamordergate, UnabletomanagePetrovgate is Alonso. One day he will be exposed. He is called Teflonso or Crybaby for a reason. One day he will get caught and the truth will out.

A) there is a HUGE difference between showing someone how to set up telemetry and SOMEONE TELLING YOU EXACTLY WHAT ALONSO SET UP IS (so that you can copy it).

B) when did Ham beat Alonso? not in 2007 he didnt! they finish on equal points (thanks to his preferential treatment)

C) thunderbolt? i guess Hamilton won the 2007 championship then?! as i always say, the true champion is Alonso as we all know that having the best car will surely help ANY driver. put Algesuari in a Mc Laren and i am sure he will shine too. Alonso won championship with Renault, lets see Ham drive a second rated car and WIN. in 2006 Renault and Ferrari won all the races, suddenly Alonso comes to Mc Laren and in 2007 Mc Laren AND Ferrari win all the races. open your narrow minded mind bro.

D) Alonso carrer stalling?! is that one of your jokes? we all know that he should have won last yr championship, FACT! he's been challenging at the top ever since, FACT! he is one of the best drivers out there right now, FACT!

E) wake up, this is F1, everyone copies everyone. but hey, wasnt Spygate about Mc Laren stealing copying ferrari car information?! what are you on about, get real!

F) you are missing the point, Alonso got an email about the dirty business that Mc Laren was into, why wouldnt he use that against the team who is treating him unfairly. thats called LEVERAGE!

G) i dont know where you[b] copied and paste[/b] your little expose above but A) Button beat Vettel last weekend and B) no one mentioned Ferrari and Spygate .but nice try anyway!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
grin

OMG MrBrown

You sound desperate, just let it go,

Alonso in a second rate car ?? i give up,
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
^^bro, we all know who the top manufacturers are: Ferrari, Mc Laren, and now RBR joined them at the top. all the rest are second rated manufacturers that cant really compete at the top. so when you have a gifted driver winning championship with one of these second rated manufacturers then that, my friend, is DRIVING ABILITY.

let's not get away from the issue here: i know that Ham is a great driver, as well as many other drivers on the field today. MY preference is Alonso while yours is Ham (or whoever), fair enough. . . . . . . . . .  but when these so called great drivers drive recklessly/cause accidents and then shout RACISM when the stewards penalize them, then thats where my beef is. its no mystery that it is always the same driver that gets into these accidents/reckless driving.

so from these points, let me bow out of this discussion that goes no where. see you all back here for the European grand prix. . . . . . . . . . . . and hopefully another great discussion. lol
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
No biggie,

We shall meet up at one of the circuit I wish they could scrap off the calendar for good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

10-man Nairaland Football Team Hold Yaba Team / Plusvalenza: Juve Jumps To 3rd As Court Temporarily Suspends 15-points Deduction / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.