Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,135 members, 7,987,960 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 08:48 PM

Port Harcourt Journalist Petitions PHED (NEPA) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Journalist Petitions PHED (NEPA) (167 Views)

Blackout Looms In Four States As PHED Workers Threaten Strike / Wike Orders Arrest Of PHED CEO, Sends Him To Isolation Center / Phed Borrow Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Journalist Petitions PHED (NEPA) by DezMayorz(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
Port Harcourt Journalist Petitions PHED And Their Armed Men For Brutal Attack And Damages Of His Properties.

The Chairman of the Rivers State chapter of the Online Media Practitioners Association of Nigeria (OMPAN), Okoye Chidiebele Stephens, who is also the director of Dez Mayorz Media has filed a petition against the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company and their armed men for brutally attack on him that led to the damage of his Media properties.

The petition addressed to the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State Command Headquarters, Mosco Road, Port Harcourt,

Dez Mayorz boss complained of brutal attack, assault occasioned severe harm, conspiracy, violent, threats, malicious damages and nuisance breach of peace.

And requested for police action.

The Nigerian police immediately arrested the PHED worker (Mr Clinton) and granted him bail on the condition that the PHED worker will do justice to the property destroyed and fix the cable disconnected, after PHED series of lawyers came to intervene.

The senior police officer incharge of the case also told the residence of the Eagle Island to pay their estimated bills in full.

10days after, the PHED are yet to comply or respond to the directives given to them by the State CID.

Earlier reported,

PHED worker brutally attacked Rivers State Blogger (Dez Mayorz) for videoing their illegal act.

The PHED worker with the name Clinton brutalised and assaulted Rivers State Chairman of Online Media Practitioners Association of Nigeria(OMPAN) Mr Okoye Chidiebele Stephens, who was doing his rightful duty.

This happened in Eagle Island, Port Harcourt on Thursday 9th July, 2020, at Eluwa White House axis of Eagle Island. The corrupted PHED worker attacked Dez Mayorz blogger(Okoye Chidiebele Stephens), tore his clothe and smash his recording phone.

The journalist narrated:

"Mr. Clinton and PHED officials (fully armed with armed men) were disconnecting people who have even paid their PHED bills in Eagle Island Port Harcourt, in a comotion manner. When Dez Mayorz Media boss came in to know what was happening because he resides in the Eagle Island vicinity. Mr Clinton said that Eagle Island Chairman, PHED authority and Port Harcourt LG chairman have authorised what they are doing."

"I was shocked because I know there is no way authority will tell anyone to cut the Public Light even after paying up to 70% bill. I showed my ID card to the security personels, started to video the scene.

The suspect Clinton who saw me videoing him, immediately approach me with the full help of the armed men he came with, dragging my phone with the help of the illegal security personels he came with.

They succeeded to brutally tore my shirt, damage my phone Media property (in an attempt to destroyed the evidence) and made away with armored cables in that compound."

"He threatens that nothing will happen after breaking my phone, that he is a cultist." - Dez Mayorz boss, Okoye Chidiebele Stephens narrates.

All the findings show that no authority authorised them. Eagle Island Chairman and Port Harcourt Mayor was contacted, who made it clear that they didn't give such instructions, that Clinton (PHED worker) acted on his account. Eagle Island police station invited Clinton for queetioning, but refused to come.

The Media company vow to use all the necessary legal means to get justice and insists not to mellow down until justice is done, and prosecution of the suspect for his intolerable acts to brutally attack a professional Media Practitioner on his legitimate duties and destroy his belongings.

The Rivers State Government should stop PHED workers from moving around a peaceful cities and streets with fully armed men before the armed men kill and commit atrocity in the town.

One of the videos of the scene is on social media.

(1) (Reply)

The Ogoni Clean-up: Hyprep In Focus / The Ogoni Clean-up: Hyprep In Focus (pt2) / No APC Candidate Yet For Lagos East Senatorial District Bye-election - Oladejo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.