Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,610 members, 7,972,243 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:18 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (412422 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2011
trust Nigerians! See the way the original aim of this thread is being derailed gradually! can't we be civil to each other

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2011
kuntash:

any update on project pls,

For the second day in a row, I dont have water to work. There was no activity on the site today, my workers are still standing by, waiting for the tap to run. If this situation persists, I will buy tankers of water on Monday. The expenses are still N519,850.00 as it was since day before yesterday.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2011
The Weider is still delaying the job o
once the casting is done and the woods removed
I will send you guy some more pictures!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by violent(m): 12:54am On Mar 05, 2011
Thank you all

gotta stop the holidays for a bit, time to start building!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by lastpage: 4:52am On Mar 05, 2011
"Blessed are the Peace-Makers",
"KUNTASH", l expect you to be more "diplomatic" when you try to make peace between two people!
It does no good to slight one for the other wink
So, lets keep it real and focused.

@Brabus:
Thanks very much for that enlightenment! My Builder also mentioned we use that "tie-ing together of the upper part of the house" to give it strenght but he never mentioned the prevention of vermins which you just highlighted!
I will also like to ask about the "Plastic Septic Tank" arrangement. Can l have pictures of that and some more detailed info?
I have an inherited property in a swampy area that l will like to develop in future and such would come-in handy! wink
Cheers.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 7:34am On Mar 05, 2011
Great thread so far. Please people keep posting and comparing notes and pictures.
Cost analysis is very useful for many nairalanders following the discussion.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2011
@lastpage:

The best time to do your septic tank is now. As for the "Plastic Tank", it is still being researched. Most of the tanks we have here in Nigeria are upright designs and are not suitable for the job. I have 2 sites where these have been implement but the results are not ok.

The best time to do your septic tank is now.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by lastpage: 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^Are you saying we need the Tanks to be down-facing (as in the openings for "pipe-in and pipe-out"wink?
What if such Tank is turned "upside-down", is it not possible to achieve he same result?
I really think it will be novel, to use big plastic Tanks instead of digging marshy pits which are expensive and do sip-in water eventually, in swampy areas.
Abeegi, do "more research" or point me in the right direction to do it, l need to find a solution to this one ASAP!

When is the best time ti dig a soak-away pit when building? At what stage is the best?
Most l've seen do it when house (block and cement work) is completed

Una well-done.

BTW: Why is those two holes (to hold the pillars of the overflow, over the front entrance, right?) being dug now? I did mine as part of the German floor, right from scratch! Holds everything together!!
Or was it an after-thought? What about "tie-ing" it with two horizontal beams (one linking each pillar) to the building foundation at floor level? I guess it will achieve same purpose that way.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2011
I tried to post the quotation for the electrical
but it was called spam!!!
So I have to do it this way,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2011
These are some more pictures.
The Weider is through with his work
and the carpenter will round up on Monday
The casting will commence on Tuesday
And the wood will be remove the upper week!!!

These are the pictures of the gutter roofing stuff
and it cost me around 500k (plus granite and workmanship)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2011
c

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2011
front again

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2011
@Am_Alone:
Keep the good work. Thi$ is beautiful
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by lastpage: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2011
Nice job, "Am-alone".
Could you please upload pictures of those "electrical purchases" for us to see so l can relate with "what-is-what"!
Am complete lost right now grin
Thanks for sharing all these with others.

@brabus.
How is it going? Hope u'r eating enough "Akpu" to compensate for the energy being put into this job? grin
Cheers bro!

@Syder.
How's ur weekend going? Has the water people repented? Damn! angry
In my case, the first thing l did was to dig a "well" using concrete rings and l bought a 'pumping machine and very long hoses".
It is from here we got all the water we needed, even for wetting the foundation after filling and for the German floor too!
Will that be an option for you? Buying water, in the long run might be costly and unreliable too
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^ Thanks, lastpage. Lol, eating enuf "Akpu". For some weeks now, I've been off the site to supervise another project (which is my Akpu) in Sangotedo, Lagos. Building a house no be small thing o. But we thank God.

@Spyder,
Just like lastpage, I sunk a well, bought 1,500l tank, did some pipe work, bought a pumping machine and good length of hose first thing before the foundation laying. Its the best option.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2011
@Syder.
How's your weekend going? Has the water people repented?
Damn!
In my case, the first thing l did was to dig a "well" using concrete
rings and l bought a 'pumping machine and very long hoses".
It is from here we got all the water we needed, even for wetting
the foundation after filling and for the German floor too!
Will that be an option for you? Buying water, in the long run
might be costly and unreliable too

Actually, I also dig wells before any project is started but in this area, the ground water level is around 80 feet below the surface, only a borehole works around here and we have many in the neighborhood. Water tankers may be the next option next week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:53am On Mar 06, 2011
lastpage:

Nice job, "Am-alone".
Could you please upload pictures of those "electrical purchases" for us to see so l can relate with "what-is-what"!
Am complete lost right now grin
Thanks for sharing all these with others.

@brabus.
How is it going? Hope u'r eating enough "Akpu" to compensate for the energy being put into this job? grin
Cheers bro!

@Syder.
How's your weekend going? Has the water people repented? Damn! angry
In my case, the first thing l did was to dig a "well" using concrete rings and l bought a 'pumping machine and very long hoses".
It is from here we got all the water we needed, even for wetting the foundation after filling and for the German floor too!
Will that be an option for you? Buying water, in the long run might be costly and unreliable too

Lastpage, even me mysef I don't understand those thing
But most of them have being use. If you look at those while
pipes on the building, that is some of them.
But for the boards, because of rain, It has not yet being fixed.
After the roofing, the electrician will fix it. I will still try to post you pictures sha

@ Brabus MY MAN THANK YOU!!!
Thank all % more pictures coming sooooooooon
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 11:40am On Mar 06, 2011
Get your electrical wire and cables quotes from maxndianaefo@yahoo.com to avoid being ripped off! @am alone, how far?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2011
@2dmax

didnt you c the quotation for the piping above?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2011
@2dmax

This is the quotation for the wires the electrician gave me.

1mm 2 core Nigeria Cable ----------10 coil @ 3200 = 32,000
1mm 3 core Nigeria Cable ----------2 coil @ 6000  = 12,000
1.5mm 3 core Nigeria Cable---------2 coil @ 7000  = 14,500
2.5mm 3 core Nigeria Cable---------6 coil @ 8000  = 48,000
4mm 3 core Nigeria Calbe-----------1 Coil @ 24,000 =24,000
16mm single cable -----------------2 coil @ 35,000 =70,000
Cable or tv -----------------------3 coil @ 1400   =4200
Fishing tape ----------------------2 coil @ 1000   = 2000
Total ===== 206,200
workmanship =85,000
Grand total = 291,200

for only wiring o

@2dmax
pls give me your own quotation for the above
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2011
To Am Alone, Spyder088, baramus,
Please post your plumbing quotations and cost of materials, from piping to fitting- if possible.
The wiring quotation i received in here in nairaland was informative, i am grateful to you guys for your honest contribution.
thanks
Ben Imeogu.
NJ.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 12:36am On Mar 07, 2011
Am Alone:

@2dmax

Total ===== 206,200
workmanship =85,000
Grand total = 291,200

for only wiring o

@2dmax

This is much better, but one more thing. Ask the electrician to give the length of the wires. It is usually stated in metres or yards, so you will get an accurate pricing. Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:40am On Mar 07, 2011
He told me, each coil represent
80 yards!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:42am On Mar 07, 2011
benimeogu:

To Am Alone, Spyder088, baramus,
Please post your plumbing quotations and cost of materials, from piping to fitting- if possible.
The wiring quotation i received in here in nairaland was informative, i am grateful to you guys for your honest contribution.
thanks
Ben Imeogu.
NJ.

Bros Benimeogu,

I have not get to the plumbling stage yet o
Immediately after I finish roofing the house,
I will call the plumber for the quotation.
and the A/C Man to come and do the condict works!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 7:19am On Mar 07, 2011
cinzo:

trust Nigerians! See the way the original aim of this thread is being derailed gradually! can't we be civil to each other

dont be surprised my guy,  the intent of the thread is changing,  I hope we be able to keep track of the thread owner and his Duplex project in Enugu.

I could recall when water corporation started failing in Naija,  few people dashed into the pure water biz, as the biz was moving on for them,  Many just out of "them say , them say high profit margin" dashed into pure water biz, some fell by the way side, others muscled their way into the biz often knowing NO jack about wats up there,  thats naija for u,  u rarely see people coming up with their own stuff,  instead always wanna latch onto the popular string,

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 8:43am On Mar 07, 2011
@amalone, how did you do your flooring? Was it before raising the walls or after? And did you use iron rods for the flooring?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kaymoney2(m): 11:00am On Mar 07, 2011
Am Alone:

@2dmax

Total ===== 206,200
workmanship =85,000
Grand total = 291,200

for only wiring o

@2dmax

Nice thread I am at this level of Electrical, conduiting, pipping and plumbering
I think Am Alone quotation would go along way giving me an insight of what to expect
for my 4 bedroom all ensuite bungalow flat,  Though since his house is much bigger than mine
my expenses on the above should be lesser,
Moreso I have put the project unhold till when am around in August to finally complete it,
God bless all Landlords and intending landlords,
Building a house is not  a pure water no water what you are building

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2011
cinzo:

@amalone, how did you do your flooring? Was it before raising the walls or after? And did you use iron rods for the flooring?

Bros, what I did is german floor. And it was done before raising the block
And it is 3 Inches high. Since it was not a water-log area
There is no need for putting any iron at all.
Some people I know did the floor after raising the blocks. And that is way cheaper
and some even do it to 1 or 2 inches high. While some other people do it 4,5 or 6 inches high.
My advice. At most let it be 4 inches high.

@ Anyone. Please be very carefull with this land of a thing!!!
Before buying a land, please make sure the land is a level land(table flat or almost)
Do not waste your money buying sloppy lands no matter hw cheap because
the cost of building is usually very HIGH!!
For example.
My foundation is 2 and half coaches above the ground, but the dinning kitchen and store are 3 and 1/2 coaches
above the grond and I spend around 150,000 to fill it(please not my house is very high from the ground, compared to most other
houses. Some are even same level with the ground while others are just one coach above. that's while)
Then I have somebody who spend 1.1million in filling alone. Because the house was built on a very sloppy ground
Also, slopply ground require more concrete and iron and pillars and german floor is a must. So be advice
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kaymoney2(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros, what I did is german floor. And it was done before raising the block
And it is 3 Inches high. Since it was not a water-log area
There is no need for putting any iron at all.
Some people I know did the floor after raising the blocks. And that is way cheaper
and some even do it to 1 or 2 inches high. While some other people do it to 4 to 5 to 6 inches high.
My advice. At most let it be 4 inches high.

@ Anyone. Please be very carefull with this land of a thing!!!
Before buying a land, please make sure the land is a level land(table flat or almost)
Do not waste your money buying sloppy lands no matter hw cheap because
the cost of building is usually very HIGH!!
For example.
My foundation is 2 and half coaches above the ground, but the dinning kitchen and store are 3 and 1/2 coaches
above the grond and I spend around 150,000 to fill it(please not my house is very high from the ground, compared to most other
houses. Some are even same level with the ground while others are just one coach above. that's while)
Then I have somebody who spend 1.1million in filling alone. Because the house was built on a very sloppy ground
Also, slopply ground require more concrete and iron and pillars and german floor is a must. So be advice
Peace

You are Spot on?? This advantage I enjoyed during the process of filling my site with latterite
and setting of blocks My land is flat, regular just like a plain football pith very important observation there Am Alone

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.