Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,581 members, 7,972,168 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:05 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (412420 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2011
The casting of the gutter roof commence today
And I am a bit scared that the load will be too much for
the house. Though my house have about 10 to 14pillars holding the house
but mennnnhhh,  This gutter roofing is very heavy ooo
My heart cut when I see someting today
Funny enough them never cast am finish sef!!!!

PEACE!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2011
Also, I wasn't feeling well since Sunday
Have been receiving treatments though
Typhoid Malaria!!!! is what the Doctor called it

GOD PLEASE HELP ME OO
THANKS!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Elsafema: 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2011
@Am alone i have prayed for you and God says nothing bad will happen to you so no whala you will finish your project and i will rejoice with you
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2011
^^^ thank you very much mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 7:10am On Mar 09, 2011
@ am alone
This is generally due to both physical and financial stress u r undertaking @ d moment. But is well.

Check what u eat, because being @ sites allways disorganises people's diet! So make sure u bring ur food and take enough fluids.

You must surely complete that u have begun whether devil like am or not!

I hereby declare you and your pockets well in God's Name!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 9:28am On Mar 09, 2011
@ 2dmax, I have posted smthn on ur thread, , I happen to be the first poster, lol,

Anyway, pls let me know the get the details as said. all brands of power cables pls
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2011
Am Alone:

GOD PLEASE HELP ME OO
THANKS!

So sorry man, you will get well soon.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 10:08am On Mar 09, 2011
Am Alone:

GOD PLEASE HELP ME OO
THANKS!

Get well soon bro,it is well with in Jesus name.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2011
Thanks To You All
for your kind words
I really really appreciate thems

For the casting
Today the casting will go half way
and BY THE GRACE OF GOD ALMIGHTY WHO HOLD MY HOUSE
they will finish it on Saturday latest
Because it is granite, it dries very fast
So I will wait till Monday or Tuesday
Then I will go and buy the woods for the roofing
Then Treat the woods, wait three days and the Carpenters will start roofing
more pics coming soon

@ All  I have a roofing gist for you ooo
Be-careful is what I say when it comes to roofing
THANKS TOO GOD ALMIGHTY!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2011
So far so good,
the casting of the gutter-roof has gone
more than half way, And BY THE GRACE
OF GOD ALMIGHTY they plan to finish it tomorrow
So I will post you some more pictures next tomorrow
OLUWA-CHAMPION!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 3:36am On Mar 10, 2011
@ spyder. Oga has the water crisis abated? Dis thing may derail your calculations o!

@ am alone, well done, e no easy o! House warning/opening, here we come o!

@ kuntash, eeeeehhhh! Well done sir! And here was I thinking am doing no favours! Will go to it and reply!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 6:58am On Mar 10, 2011
@ spyder, make I connect water from lagoon here to ur site? your thread is 13 pages already , and we never reach German floor level, pls update us O, d lord is ur strenght, all d best
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hasyak(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^^ it not by the number of page? they will get there!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2011
hasyak:

^^^^ it not by the number of page? they will get there!

I agree sir, but I was of the opinion threads have limit, and moreso, when its much, new comers might not catch things easily, they might start asking questions already answered.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2011
kuntash:

@ spyder, make I connect water from lagoon here to your site? your thread is 13 pages already , and we never reach German floor level, pls update us O, d lord is your strenght, all d best

lol, I wont mind if you will help and provide the water jare, the water is still making a mess of things as most tanker drivers I contacted refused to climb the hill leading to my site. I went and met the water corporation staff near me and they assured me there will be water by tomorrow, they were working on a big pump when I came.
I dont want to rush into a mistake, if not I will just use the 1500 gallons I have and water the site. Hopefully, we shall start work tomorrow. I will post more pictures when we start.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2011
thanks alot spyder, I too would wait as well, cos I wan try replicate ur style somewhere, although not Duplex, and I wish u all d best!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
Still a great thread
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2011
A tanker driver friend surprised me today, he called me from my site and told me they took two tanks of water to my site to water the foundation! Anyway, they discharged the two tanks at a total cost of N12000.00 we shall start levelling tomorrow towards laying the german floor by next week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2011
wink

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:44pm On Mar 10, 2011
wink wink

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2011
This is my roofing gist below

First I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone of you who saw my message about my health and showed me so much regards with
your kind words. You and your offspring will never fall sick at least to your forth generation,  Amen!

Okay back 2da gist!!!

A man who has a building on my street, called me some days back and was giving me some gist about this roofing stuffs. And how not to
fall victim to all this carpenters. So he went on and one thing leads to another, then he started telling me about the man that sold woods to
him. Because what he used for his house was clay-tiles, and you know clay tiles are very heave! He went to nigerite, and they told him the wood they used for roofing is Ogburugburu, And because the price they were giving him that they will supply the woods for him was too much, he decided to buy the wood by himself, So he went to a saw-mill, where he said he met this very honest man that supplied him all the woods at a very cheap price, So he called the man that sold the woods to him, when he came, we talked and talked. Main while, I was already thinking in my head that this Oguburugburu wood of a thing must be
a very strong wood. Because Clay-tiles unlike aluminium is very heavy! Because, one carpenter had already given me his quotation to use
'Itara', and he told me it was one of the best wood for roofing. Infact, he told me it was the best. But when I went on to make some more
equiries, there I met another carpenter who was invited to work at my site. And he told me  'Akun' is the best wood for roofing.
     So I asked the man that my neighbour brought for me that sell wood, that 'Akun' and 'Ogburugburu', which was the best for roofing
and the man told me that they are of same quality. And that if it was to be him, he would prefer Ogburugburu, because Ogburugburu has its own
unique color so you can't mix it with other woods. Unlike Akun! Because Akun can easily be mixed with other low standard wood so you can't
differentiate one from the other. I was already thinking of giving him the contract fo supply me the woods, when I called my lawyer who has a wild
experience in construction. But he asked me to call the wood that the carpenters were demanding. Then I started calling; "Itara, Akun" then he
immediately interrupted me, saying Akun is the best!!! Then I went on and told him that someone suscribed Ogburugburu for me and the quickly
advice me not to use it. I later made some more enquires and found out that Akun is one of the best roof to use for your house, because it can last
for over 30yrs(if treated). Funny enough when I made some more enquries about this Ogburugburu, I found out that it was a soft-woods and cannot
even stand water for long. Not only that, as a matter of fact, they don't even use it for roofing at all,  It is a very cheap wood. And that thief of a man,
or them, wanted to dupe me of my hard earned money. I just ignored him immediately. After telling him on phone that he is not a honest person,
      So people be very very carefully oo!!!! GOD ALMIGHTY, I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS GRACE YOU GAVE ME. I WOULD HAVE BEING DUPED!!!!
I will give my advice in my next post!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
Truth is that; NOBODY IS PERFECT!!!
Even a con man can be duped!
This is what one carpenter told me(he
told me this because we wants me to
give him the job. But moi don't truth
so I made some more research and
tried to practice some of the thing that
he said to know if they were true!)

That Akun is one of the best wood to use
and gave me the exact price, And that
when I go to buy the woods, I make sure I go
alone to the person and bargain with them alone(without the help of any carpenter)
Reason: Because when you go there with a carpenter to do the bargain,
they have a way of giving themselves sign. And you will not know/notice!
So when they supplie the woods to you, it will not be complete. As in, 2 inch by 2 inch wood
will be as low as 1 inch by 1 inch or 1 and half inch by one and half inch respectively
and because it is not your field, you wont know!!!
And again, they may over quote for you. Then when they bring the wood from the saw-mill,
it will not be up to what you paid for. And the carpenter will know. And may be too busy or tired
to count them because the woods will be very plenty!!! So you may careless to count.
Another thing again, they can mix the woods for you, or give you a less quality wood.
And you won't know! Because it is not your speciality!!!
So make sure you go there by yourself, first to bargain(make sure you tell the carpenter from the start
something like, Your brother sells wood or your cousin. That he should just give you the quotation for the
woods and you will bring him the woods. Also, no need to ask him what wood you should use. Because
it shows you are naive. Tell him what you want. You can make your enquires to get another type of wood
you can use outside Akun or Itara. That way, he can give you a genuine quotation. And you can ask him to put
the prices there. So use the price to do your own bargain in the saw-mill, and make sure what you bargain for is
less the price.)
After the bargain, when you go to pick the woods, then you can take the carpenter with you to select the ones he
likes, and they must be very straight. So as to get the perfect job for yourself.
Also, note that when you tell them that you will supply the woods, the workmanship will be a bit higher than normal,
WHY? Because they know they are not gaining anything at all from the wood.
Also, he told me carpenters, like to work will soft wood because, it is very easy to drive nails in. But this hard woods
are always very very difficult to drive in nails, So because they don't want to kill themselves on your house, they want
to make sure you use a very soft wood that will make their works easier, And they will keep telling you its the best---BE WARNED!!!!
Also, he told me that, when I go to the sawmill, I should tell the wood seller before I start any bargain that I want a complete wood!!
so then, when I starts to bargain, and I try to bring the price very low, they will be the one to remind that, Didn't I say I want full wood!!!! lol
when you don't tell them this before your bargain, bros, they will know you are new in the field!!! And finish you!!!
ALSO, PLEASE DO SAME WILL ALUMINIUM

One more advice, please don't go directly to any saw-mill, Just try to get the contact of the person that will supply you the woods from someone
that will help you too, Because, you know say needle wey get thread dey dey more easier to find pass the one wey no get any thread at all!!!!

BUT THE WORST WILL BE WHEN YOU GIVE THE CARPENTER THE MONEY TO GO AND BUY YOU THOSE THING!!!!
OLUWA-CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2011
Lastly, they finally finished the casting of the design today!!!!!!

OLUWA CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2011
After adding the N12000 that was paid yesterday to water the foundation, the cummulative total stands at N531,850.00 spent so far on this duplex project. More updates later in the day as am heading off to the site now.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by salius: 9:02am On Mar 11, 2011
@ Am Alone, please how many bedrooms is ur building? am on a 4 bedroom project tho am just casting the DPC, I would want to know how much it has cost you upto this level and wot is the estimate of the aluminium roofing?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ Salius,

The house is a 4 bedroom bungalow
and it is a very very big one. And so
far I have spent a total of 3million
to get to this level.
You see the gutter roof design? The picture below
cost me a total of 500,000(wood 140k+iron 120k+cement 106k+workmanship iron bender & capenter73k) plus the bricklayers and labour that did the casting
Also note that your house will be far more cheaper depending on your taste sha(like 1.5 can take you to that my level, if you are just building a normal bungalow)
this are the some of the reasons why my house is more expensive
***I used 9'inches blocks throughout
*I am using Granite (gravel is more cheaper but not as good,  I want quality, not quantity)
*my house is very tall. It measure 14 feet as at now).
*my foundation is high(two feet above the ground)
*I did german floor
*The bungalow has a total of 14 pillars
*the Omonile here took a total of 250k so far
*Used a total of 4250 blocks for the house alone
Finish!!!!

Also, for the Aluminium roofing, I will not be using aluminium to roof the house
I was almost duped oh!! I will share the story  with you all later sha

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2011
who

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by salius: 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ Am Alone, thanx for your prompt response. We are doing something similar as mine too is quite big and had to use like 30 Tippers of sand to fill the foundation, right now am casting the DPC. Whoa the roof gutter is more expensive than i thought. May we have the strength to complete the projects. Sorry but y r u not using Aluminium roofing sheets? Even step tiles?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2011
Thumbs Up!!! Great Thread here.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2011
I am not using aluminium roofing because,
I have someting else in mind. That is all I can say for now
Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Apollonio: 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ All that has contributed to this thread so far ,especially the original author spyder880 and the one and only strong lone child,I say a big well done and more power to your able elbows.

@ am alone,
I referred this thread to a builder and he commended your eyes for details and also made an interesting comment that some  projects like yours are done with a plan of converting the building into a duplex or multi-purpose guesthouse in the future,because it will have a lot of spaces to manouver and erect things like lift or stairs.
It sounded like a good idea to me and I want to ask you if that is part of your plans because a friend of mine seeking advice from me is interested in doing something like that,ie build a cute bungalow where he will call home for a very long time with his current resources and converting it into something bigger as resources flow in and family sets in or when the community opens up opportunities for tourism or something.

Cheers and peace to all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.