Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,569 members, 7,972,142 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:27 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (412417 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ Spyder
I'm not here to make troubles with you
or to fight you. If it is good, I will tell you
You get your own & I get my own
If you are doing it right no probs.
No point arguing with you man
it ain't worth it!!! IT'S YOU HOUSE!!!!
But please can you change the topic to
'Very Very Cheap And Substandard Way Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex'??
Please,
Thanks in advance
I rest ma case
man I no talk to u again
I'm happy for you ooo - seriously
Because I know it ain't easy!!!!
GOD WILL SURE SEE YOU THROUGH!!!
PEACE/SHALOM!!!
How furthermore, bros how you dey enjoy your weekend na?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2011
Spyder, we are friend and you know it!!!
1 love all the way,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2011
Am Alone:

You go back to school grin grin grin
Go and complete what you started there
You don't know, don't say
One bag of cement can even be converted to 26 head-pans
depending the quantity to which you are diving it
But for a standard, it is divided into just 2 head-pans
You get the logic grin grin grin grin

So tell me, for the decking you will still mix 1:12:12 abi
Since 1:2:4 According to you is a waste of money
please do it your way 1:12:12 for the decking
THANKS

I think I understand what your problem is, you dont know what a headpan is. It is a circular plate shaped pan that cannot contain a large qty of materials, and I think it has sizes. Maybe you are referring to those metal bowls with hands as headpans?
A 50kg bag of cement can amount to about 4-5 headpans, and I used 12 headpans for a bag. Some people that dont know about buildings should not argue here please.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2011
Am Alone:

Spyder, we are friend and you know it!!!
1 love all the way,

The only problem is that I dont make friends with empty barrels!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by pss: 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2011
Am Alone and Spyder: Please ignore each until both of you are able to make peace.
Am Alone, I understand you are younger. Please give Spyder some respect
Spyder, I understand you are older. Please give the small boy some respect
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2011
No need to argue
My cement are finished. When I buy some more
for the plastering of the house I will divide  a bag of cement
into two of those head-pan and send you photos.
Peaces,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2011
spyder880:

This guy told  very big white lie here, and I caught him red handed. Lets briefly go back to post number 137 on page 5 of this thread. He said he used 120 bags of cement for his German floor and on this post, he is saying only 80 bags? Why do we like lying?
We should please state the right accounts about our buildings and not play to the gallery as to make people think we are rich. That was very childish.

Sorry to disappoint you, the house has an extension at the back. 80 bags for the main building.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2011
pss:

Am Alone and Spyder: Please ignore each until both of you are able to make peace.
Am Alone, I understand you are younger. Please give Spyder some respect
Spyder, In understand you are older. Please give the small boy some respect

Thanks!!!! You D man
@ Spyder, Peace to you & your family,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2011
Spyder don't take it personal man
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ Brabus

Someone I know did a german floor here in Lagos
for 2 bedroom flat (four) and the German floor was 4 inch high
total cement used was 120 bags
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by pss: 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
What do you think about space usage of this land?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2011
^^which land?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2011
Pictures no dey lie.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by pss: 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ Am Alone, for some reason the picture is not loading.
I'm planning to build 2 flat (3 bedroom each) & 5 bedrroom duplex on a 80 by 90 land and intend to leave 5 at both sides, 5 at the back and 40 infront
Is the 5 acceptable? And Is 40 infront too much?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by pss: 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ Brabus
How much does it cost you to do casting of your building as per newly posted picture
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2011
Reference my post #137 on page 5 of this thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2011
Building houses can be much fun, thats why I stay around my site everytime and make sure I count everything my workers and engineers use. Some people like to argue for what is very clear, my mixing ratio is very tight, this is my personal house and I can afford to build two. I have another project, a commercial house am doing at the same time so nobody can complain about funds.
I keep stressing that am building in Enugu, and my costs can never be the same with those building elsewhere. My wide experience is also a factor for my reduced costs. Those who used very bogus sums to do their houses should just look and learn, we dont have to make building a house harder than it is and scare intending house owners. I am here to demystify the building porcess, to make it simple and not throw together a few blocks and claim I have spent N20 million!
Let us please learn new ways of doing things, change is possible. I want to know how much this house costs, because I will do two more later this year. If you dont like what am doing, please say so politely, lets not resort to insults and name calling.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2011
information.
I bought 40 bags of cement at umuahia, abia state at the cost of N1,600. Anybody building in the south east should consider buying from umuahia or Aba.
I am using it for sculpture work in my eight bedroom duplex. the contractor charged me N180k for all sculpture work in the house, which includes the arches, some pillars and window hoods and angle clips- everything.
I am not a big fan of angle clips, i am considering changing it to a flat pillar base on the sides instead of the angle clips.
thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2011
pss:

@ Am Alone, for some reason the picture is not loading.
I'm planning to build 2 flat (3 bedroom each) & 5 bedrroom duplex on a 80 by 90 land and intend to leave 5 at both sides, 5 at the back and 40 infront
Is the 5 acceptable? And Is 40 infront too much?

The 40 in front is not too much
as a result, it is very okay!
The 5 too is kindly of okay sha
but if you can make it any bigger to 6 or 7
or you make one 5 one 7
Gudluck!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by soks: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2011
hello guys many of us have followed this thread from day one and have learnt from it. pls quit the name callings and keep up the Good work. hopefully spyder and am alone will share a drink together after your homes are completed. cheesy. i dont think anyone should go back to school i think u should all offer constructive criticism and move on. spyder is not going to live in am alone's house and vice-versa so build to your taste and let God bless your effort.

@ am alone, how much have u spent so far to the gutter level excluding land. i am about to embark on a project, i am trying to visualise how much my cash at the moment will take me thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2011
^^ close to 3million bro, (2.8 to 2.9 sha)

I  have done my well and finished the soak-away pit from that money and still have about 1000 blocks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2011
spyder880:

Building houses can be much fun, thats why I stay around my site everytime and make sure I count everything my workers and engineers use. Some people like to argue for what is very clear, my mixing ratio is very tight, this is my personal house and I can afford to build two. I have another project, a commercial house am doing at the same time so nobody can complain about funds.
I keep stressing that am building in Enugu, and my costs can never be the same with those building elsewhere. My wide experience is also a factor for my reduced costs. Those who used very bogus sums to do their houses should just look and learn, we dont have to make building a house harder than it is and scare intending house owners. I am here to demystify the building porcess, to make it simple and not throw together a few blocks and claim I have spent N20 million!
Let us please learn new ways of doing things, change is possible. I want to know how much this house costs, because I will do two more later this year. If you dont like what am doing, please say so politely, lets not resort to insults and name calling.

@Spyder, Your posts remain very informative and educative. Keep it up! I am following this thread because I will commence a 6BR Mansion soon. This thread is about 6 BR duplex and the real cost. We should always use measurable data and not trying to compare apples and oranges.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2011
Nice thread

@Am alone, I truly believe it would have been better to create your own thread at the very beginning. I have to compliment Spyder's patience because you often come across as competing/criticizing his methods and costs. As he rightly said, that is very childish. Not too many people could tolerate your comments the way he has stomached them. Yes, you are doing well and I'm happy at your achievements for such a young man. Give honor to whom honor is due. If the older man with more construction work in his past says this is how he's doing his own and advises people (who ask him, by the way) based on his own perspective; let him be. E je ki a b'owo fun agba (respect to whom it is due).

@ Spyder

This is an excellent thread and I'm following it closely because of our own plans. Hitherto, we tended to flow with the idea of buying from the developer and then do the necessary overhaul once we take possession. This, because we did not want to have to deal with the constant thievery that goes on when you build yourself. Thievery with the developer too but at least you buy so-so model for Nxxx. Our society is one in which the big spender is regarded as "the man." I'm old school myself and like the Chinese, I boast when I've saved money not when I've spent it. For many of us, your perspective is more beneficial. May I implore you to please, continue posting as much as possible in keeping with the spirit of the thread. Enough of the distractions, please, it's becoming too hard sifting through what is relevant and what is not. At some point, I even thought the brabus fellow was a developer looking for clients here because of his posts.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2011
ftmom:

Nice thread

@Am alone, I truly believe it would have been better to create your own thread at the very beginning. I have to compliment Spyder's patience because you often come across as competing/criticizing his methods and costs. As he rightly said, that is very childish. Not too many people could tolerate your comments the way he has stomached them. Yes, you are doing well and I'm happy at your achievements for such a young man. Give honor to whom honor is due. If the older man with more construction work in his past says this is how he's doing his own and advises people (who ask him, by the way) based on his own perspective; let him be. E je ki a b'owo fun agba (respect to whom it is due).

@ Spyder

This is an excellent thread and I'm following it closely because of our own plans. Hitherto, we tended to flow with the idea of buying from the developer and then do the necessary overhaul once we take possession. This, because we did not want to have to deal with the constant thievery that goes on when you build yourself. Thievery with the developer too but at least you buy so-so model for Nxxx. Our society is one in which the big spender is regarded as "the man." I'm old school myself and like the Chinese, I boast when I've saved money not when I've spent it. For many of us, your perspective is more beneficial. May I implore you to please, continue posting as much as possible in keeping with the spirit of the thread. Enough of the distractions, please, it's becoming too hard sifting through what is relevant and what is not. At some point, I even thought the brabus fellow was a developer looking for clients here because of his posts.

Ha! Mam, I don't know why you choose to attack me like this. The truth is always bitter to hear and you know it. I did what I have to do and I am not competing/criticizing at all. You see it as criticizing and I believe some other people who know what I am talking about see it from some other perspective as well. And I believe you understand this is a forum. Where people bring their ideas together or whatever. And I don't need to create my own thread!!!!

I no go because say i c person do a i go go do my own a
I talk wetin i know. If i c person dey tell another person say
a say 1 plus 1 na 2 and i me kno say 1 plus 1 na 3
whether i dey wrong or not no matter. I just get to let the person
know say na wetin i no be this o! so make him go ask other ppl
to confirm for himsel. I have built about 3 houses for my dad
one storey, 2 story (two of them) and the measurement we used
for the building is 1:12:12 as spyder has stated
and then cement was around 950 to 1200,  The sand we use are fresh
water sand. The blocks were hand mold. We didn't even do german floor
And the houses are over 10yrs now and still standing

But today I cannot build house like this. The truth is that,
if you build a solid house, you sure will enjoy it in the future
it doesn't matter how many times you have done it, you may still be
repeating mistakes without you knowing!!! I no go tell you lie
that is why i say make you take am outside. Go ask people outside.
Or go see all those construction companies wey dey build bridges and
sky-scrappers make you tell me! Houses are forever(at least for a lifetime)
if you do cheap cheap, you go suffer am!!! Maybe 30 or 40 years later
you go see the difference. And you can call me silly! thank you!!!
But you no see the places wey na him first rain insult sha
thank you!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by violent(m): 10:44pm On Mar 13, 2011
This thread has been very informative from the get go, i would however suggest that contributors keep it that way, that's the only way others could gain much more from it. I also praise the patience of the Poster at enduring several cynical attempts by others to cause arguments and derail the thread

@Am Alone

The Poster made it clear from the beginning that he planned to detail the costs incurred on HIS own project.  His objective was not to compete with others on the quality of materials or how much is going to individual projects, and from all indications, he has only been able to cut his coat according to his cloth, why should that even be wrong?

Some spend over 300 million building their houses, others keep it as low as 5 million, to each his own!  After all, my great grandparents built their first homes with mud bricks, and the stuff is still standing as i type.

This is the first two lines of the thread
Hello guys, I will be starting my house today and wants to use this thread to track all my expenses. I dont know how much it will cost for the entire house but I will try to update this thread as often as time allow me. I want to know the total cost of building my house and get suggestions, advice from other experienced people.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2011
violent:

This thread has been very informative from the get go, i would however suggest that contributors keep it that way, that's the only way others could gain much more from it. I also praise the patience of the Poster at enduring several cynical attempts by others to cause arguments and derail the thread

@Am Alone

The Poster made it clear from the beginning that he planned to detail the costs incurred on HIS own project.  His objective was not to compete with others on the quality of materials or how much is going to individual projects, and from all indications, he has only been able to cut his coat according to his cloth, why should that even be wrong?

Some spend over 300 million building their houses, others keep it as low as 5 million, to each his own!  After all, my great grandparents built their first homes with mud bricks, and the stuff is still standing as i type.

This is the first two lines of the thread

What are you saying? was I not contributing?!
Mud bricks are very very strong and you know it
but you have to set it with cement. If they used
mud, it may still be standing
but e go don loose shape and taste!!!
did ppl still sleep in it?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ Violet,

According to you last post. The thread has being very informative
but if you notice, it is because of the many contribution of many others!!!
The poster has done just a few work! So when you say very informative
I believe you must have counted brabus post, my post and some other people's post
A tree does not makes a forest!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2011
Am Alone:

Assuming kor, Azubike Ni!!
@ spyder you are the illiterate here
the ratio 1 for the cement is half bag of cement foooooooooolz @40
a bag of cement  contains 2 headpan

@ all
Civility and etiquette are very important rules to follow when in a public forum. Other people, including Non- Nigerians from around the world that may have interest in building and buying a home in Nigeria may join nairaland, and may I say they will be disappointed at the level of immaturity being displayed in this thread. No need to be emotional and be carried away just because people are erecting structures. Many of us want to start to build in Nigeria. I like this thread and I would suggest we use objective analysis and if you want to question or query anyone's postings, please do so with objective criticism. Thank you all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
No problem!!! So that ppl don't
criticize me again. I want to make this thread more useful
since its say 6 bedroom flat
i will remove my mouth and previous messages
and refrain from posting any more messages
and c how it goes. Whenever I'm ready
i may open up a thread that say 4 bedroom bungalow
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by violent(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2011
Am Alone:

@ Violet,

According to you last post. The thread has being very informative
but if you notice, it is because of the many contribution of many others!!!
The poster has done just a few work! So when you say very informative
I believe you must have counted brabus post, my post and some other people's post
A tree does not makes a forest!!!

I agree with you, your posts were quite brilliant and very informative, it also provides a good experience to lean on for many others about to embark on the similar projects. That said, It will be better and more enjoyable if you could tone down a bit on your critical statements on others project, it wouldn't do anyone much good if this nice thread that could be saved for future reference is reeled with arguments and name callings.

There are other encouraging ways you could provide valuable advise without making the original Poster feel bad about himself, or feel intimidated, we are all here to lean on each others knowledge and experience.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2011
spyder880:

Is there anyway we can keep illiterates away from this great forum, any suggestions?

spyder880:

If only you spent a little time at school, you will understand the meaning of ratios. But its unfortunate you need lectures, 1:2:4 to cement (lets assume a bag of cement has 4 headpans) it means that you use up to 8 headpans of sand and 16 of gravel, even more than what I used!.

This is what he said that triggered those words right out from my PC
It doesn't counts, does it??
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2011
Many thanks to all for the way and manner the issues between Spyder and Am Alone were resolved.

@Spyder, please accept my apology if I've slighted you by any means. Keep the good work! I thought you were out making some plans for tomorrow. You're my man.

@fmtom, I'm not a developer neither am I looking for clients. I'm a home builder with passion. The project showcased here on nairaland is mine. I'm following the thread as well but not just as observer. I'm monitoring critical areas just to be sure Spyder is following industry standards and to make comments where need be. What was done and why? Just to make sure he knew his onions. I'm not really interested in the cost and I dont think there's anything wrong is questioning each other.

@Am Alone, keep the good work! Lets keep it the way the thread owner wants it.

@Violent
The thread owner said "I want to know the total cost of building my house and get suggestions, advice from other experienced people." He didnt say "I want you to know the total cost of building my house. Sit back, relax and follow this thread for more information"

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.