Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,154 members, 7,943,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (411031 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by violent(m): 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2011
Am Alone:

This is what he said that triggered those words right out from my PC
It doesn't counts, does it??

I agree he went out of line with those statements, and I feel it was probably due to the intimidating pressure and criticism he constantly had to deal with.  I would likely say something along those lines if not worse, if someone kept rubbing it in my face that my project was not up to taste and by all measures substandard, even if it was, i would have appreciated a more diplomatic gesture, that would seek to encourage while at the same time pointing out fault, that's the only way I could improve. 

We all know shelling out money is not exactly an easy thing to do, and we all have different means of obtaining funds for our projects.  In a case where someone expends his limited resources, including money and time spent supervising on a project of his dreams, and also decides to inform others about his progress, possibly to win encouragement and appraisals, when such persons encounter intimidating criticisms, he's bound to overreact.

That said, it still does not excuse his language and choice of statements, I feel it's totally uncalled for to have called you an illiterate, but I am hoping you'd look beyond this and continue the good work you are doing here!. . .the rest of us have got loads to learn from you
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ Violent,

I don't have problem at all. I am not really about standard no standard
But some page back, Spyder was talking about hand mould blocks and gravel
and he was saying they are the best!!! I just brought my own argument to it
that if they are the best why were they not also used by construction company
then he came up to say 4.7million(then I was at 4.4million don't know where he
go that figure) was too much for just a bungalow. That is why I always want him
to see that house have standards. And it may never be too much depending on
your standard. Anyways,  I rest my case! No point attacking or questioning him
I don't keep enmity. Removing all my previous post ain't worth it!

Imagine somebody called Violent, Making Peace,

Shalom!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:46pm On Mar 13, 2011
Enough of all those talk please
Back to the subject matter!!
Once again my house is a 4 bedroom bungalow
and I just finished the gutter roof last week Thursday
The bricklayer complained that the 280,000 that I gave him
from foundation to the gutter roof casting was too small
I wanted to give me an extra 15k oo! Because I can easily feel
for people!!! Like for example, I paid an extra 10,000 for the digging
of my soak-away pit, because the ground was too hard
and did same for the digging of the well!!!!
But for the bricklayer, I no gree o!
I tell am say agreement na agreement! But i still give am 5k sha
and I thank GOD ALMIGHTY SHA
I will add that to the cost when I post my updated cost!!!

Furthermore, I will start the wooden work for my house this week!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by aaidel(m): 3:37am On Mar 14, 2011
i really must say this thread has been an eye opener im planning to start work on my own house soon
as for the constant bickering and squabbling we all should be more mature and patient in getting points across
as for the ratio controversy i asked a friend who is a civil engineer and into construction works and he said 1:2:4 means i bag of cements is equivalent to four headpans of sand and 8 headpans of gravel but he also pointed out that it is not cut and dry deal and often it is down to experience. so i think that should help for those of us that dont really understand what the big fuss is about
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 5:37am On Mar 14, 2011
aaidel:

i really must say this thread has been an eye opener im planning to start work on my own house soon
as for the constant bickering and squabbling we all should be more mature and patient in getting points across
as for the ratio controversy i asked a friend who is a civil engineer and into construction works and he said 1:2:4 means i bag of cements is equivalent to four headpans of sand and 8 headpans of gravel but he also pointed out that it is not cut and dry deal and often it is down to experience. so i think that should help for those of us that dont really understand what the big fuss is about

@aaidel,
Thanks for the update. This is exactly what will need in this thread. We need to give objective and measurable data. I am not a construction expert, what exactly is a headpan (Is is a measurable unit or is the pan the construction workers carry on their head to move sand/granite/ gravel etc from one area of the site to another?) The more one is informed and educated on these details, the better one can discuss with the builders and engineers, and able to ask them meaningful questions in order to monitor and compare quality and cost.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:23am On Mar 14, 2011
@ all, thanks for all the soothing words meant to get us all to tone down our languages. I apologise for going off course yesterday. The provocation was just too much to bear, and to think it was for an issue for which I am right, it didnt help matters.
I later understood what gave Am Alone the erroneous impression. It was about headpans and its sizes, ratios should not just be thrown around as if its set in stone. We also consider lots of other factors as well. Whatever made us go that route should be discouraged and we should present our projects clearly without any ambiguity.
Maturity is what is needed here, Am Alone is a young man, he is 26, am his senior by 10 years. But I cannot remember anytime in my younger days when I talk to anyone, even my juniors with derogatory phrases. Be that as it may, let the past be the past as I will go out and take pictures of the completed German floor for us to see.
Thank you all once again for your understanding.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 7:27am On Mar 14, 2011
@ Spyder, make I no vex for u O,  you mean say all wkd na argument and who go skool and who no go and who be olodo una use am make?,  although you have given details of what it cost u to get to german floor, ,  thats great , I appreciate the info as it would help me, whether headpan or no headpan ,  I am sure even the workers would shout or raise eye if all isnt well,  but I would appreciate you stop arguing or insulting anyone rgds your thread, yes some people can make even spit for their face, but ask urself if its really worth it,  so  pls refrain and be matured!

Am Alone:

No problem!!! So that ppl don't
criticize me again. I want to make this thread more useful
since its say 6 bedroom flat
i will remove my mouth and previous messages
and refrain from posting any more messages
and c how it goes. Whenever I'm ready
i may open up a thread that say 4 bedroom bungalow
Peace!

@ U r alone, e go better for u, shebi I don suggest am b4, this thread is titled "the REAL cost of building a 6 bedroom duplex ", I would be the first to comment on ur thread and comments go plenty like this too, ok? it would form a better basis for objecting comparison for those who wanna gain from here, and no be to dey quarrel and insult people anyhow, once in a while u can just throw a comment, if the thread owner wan argue, ignore as far as u ve made ur point, I appreciate you be mature about this, remember, its possible for a thread owner to let the administrator restrict people that has the right to comment on a thread, so freedom to comment its not really absolute, cheers!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:32am On Mar 14, 2011
@ brabus, Am Alone, the war is over, the past is now behind us and we should endeavour to attack our projects, not ourselves. Thank you guys for the critique, I learnt a few things from it, only that we should try not to have a our opinions coloured by other things. Let us continue the good work, God shall see us through.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:36am On Mar 14, 2011
kuntash:

@ Spyder, make I no vex for u O,  you mean say all wkd na argument and who go skool and who no go and who be olodo una use am make?,  although you have given details of what it cost u to get to german floor, ,  thats great , I appreciate the info as it would help me, whether headpan or no headpan ,  I am sure even the workers would shout or raise eye if all isnt well,  but I would appreciate you stop arguing or insulting anyone rgds your thread, yes some people can make even spit for their face, but ask urself if its really worth it,  so  pls refrain and be matured!

@ U r alone,  e go better for u, shebi I don suggest am b4,  this thread is titled "the REAL cost of building a 6 bedroom duplex ", I would be the first to comment on your thread and comments go plenty like this too, ok? it would form a better basis for objecting comparison  for those who wanna gain from here, and no be to dey quarrel and insult people anyhow,  once in a while u can just throw a comment,  if the thread owner wan argue, ignore as far as u ve made your point,  I appreciate you be mature about this, remember, its possible for a thread owner to let the administrator restrict people that has the right to comment on a thread,  so freedom to comment its not really absolute,  cheers!

U have started !!! changing my name is like insulting me. Please keep your coments to yourself, I don't need it!
thanks
@ spyder, me no get problem! All is well. Anyways, I won use this opportunity to apologize to you. I admit I
had wronged you all alone. Bros, no vex! And no take am personal o! Because me no take anything personal
noting you say or did don vex me!! Gudlucks with your house!
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 14, 2011
I am so glad that people have stepped in smoothed things over between these 2 men and things have been resolved.

FTmom you are a woman so you will understand what triggered this  lipsrsealed wink

Telling a man that he cannot provide a safe & solid home for his family is hitting the ego where it hurts & under the circumstances Spyder took it really well.

I  hope that this is now all over and we can all get back to the nitty gritty and the main objective of the thread which is to see how much this house will cost so that people who have been haaiing and hooing & should I? or should I not? can take the bull by the horns and start something of their own.

Well done everyone & Happy building

P.s Dont forget the cough Mixture, paracetamol and a bag of pure water by your side  grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:41am On Mar 14, 2011
Ok my man Kuntash, I will stay focused jare. Dont mind me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:41am On Mar 14, 2011
aaidel:

@ spyder, this post corresponds with mine
regarding the 1:2:4!!! like I said, the ratio 1 is
a half bag of cement!
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:51am On Mar 14, 2011
Lagos is the only place where everything is been inflated
Check out Spyder german floor, you will see that he
didn't buy pure water for the people that did it for him
and didn't cook them rice as well.
Bros, if na Lagos, na must o! You must buy pure water
and you go still settle them! Na go e be here!
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 8:09am On Mar 14, 2011
Na wa o! Really good time arguing God knows what? @ all, do get your best quotes for electrical wires/cables from maxndianaefo@yahoo.com. Also read BUILDERS & DEVELOPERS WISE UP thread on the property section.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kaymoney2(m): 11:27am On Mar 14, 2011
God bless you Mr spider I really admire your patience, maturity and perseverance
inspite of all those insults and unconstructive criticism you have recieved,
You decided to  make this tread so as to encourage people by giving a blow by blow
account of how much it would cost you to complete your building  project,
Which people have gained from and are still gaining from
Show off and name calling will not take anybody anywhere,
Thank God I am a student in Glasgow university uk
after paying £10,000 for my Master's programme
I was able to do something back home in 9ja,  To me what I built is something
to others it might look like rubbish but I thank God pixture in page 11 of this thread,
Thank God that all name calling has ended please lets keep the thread clean
and meaningful,
Am Alone God will continue to enrich your pocket and make you complete your beautiful project.
God bless
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2011
the German floor,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:36am On Mar 14, 2011
more on the German floor,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2011
still more pictures,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2011
The next stage in this project will be to start laying the blocks on top of the floor. I have issues with water, but as soon as it is resolved, we shall start laying the blocks and setting out the rooms where they shall be. This next stage will be the easiest as am not going to buy any material except some water. I have enough blocks to reach the window level, and i have enough sharp sand to chalk the blocks with, I also have like 10 bags of cement in my site remaining from previous works.
The only money I may spend is cash to pay the bricklayers, and it wont be up to N30k if we negotiate it as a straight contract, or they can choose the option of counting the blocks, I have offered to pay them N20 per block but they are still grumbling, maybe I will pay them N25 per block.
I will upload the block laying pictures as soon as we start.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2011
kay-money:

God bless you Mr spider I really admire your patience, maturity and perseverance
inspite of all those insults and unconstructive criticism you have recieved,
You decided to  make this tread so as to encourage people by giving a blow by blow
account of how much it would cost you to complete your building  project,
Which people have gained from and are still gaining from
Show off and name calling will not take anybody anywhere,
Thank God I am a student in Glasgow university uk
after paying £10,000 for my Master's programme
I was able to do something back home in 9ja,  To me what I built is something
to others it might look like rubbish but I thank God pixture in page 11 of this thread,
Thank God that all name calling has ended please lets keep the thread clean
and meaningful,
Am Alone God will continue to enrich your pocket and make you complete your beautiful project.
God bless

Thank you for the kind words bros, I hope you will finish your studies soon so you start sending us the dollars in loads grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2011
chaircover:

I am so glad that people have stepped in smoothed things over between these 2 men and things have been resolved.

FTmom you are a woman so you will understand what triggered this  lipsrsealed wink

Telling a man that he cannot provide a safe & solid home for his family is hitting the ego where it hurts & under the circumstances Spyder took it really well.

I  hope that this is now all over and we can all get back to the nitty gritty and the main objective of the thread which is to see how much this house will cost so that people who have been haaiing and hooing & should I? or should I not? can take the bull by the horns and start something of their own.

Well done everyone & Happy building

P.s Dont forget the cough Mixture, paracetamol and a bag of pure water by your side  grin

Yes, I agree with you madam CC, soon I am coming over to the family section where you reign, I feel like gossiping this afternoon. grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2011
@ spyder, u don encourage me finish with your pics,  thanks,  na that one I just wan see, 

@ U r alone,  which one be your name or real name,  guy 4get all those things,  lets focus on the real koko,  let me assume your next comment would redirect me to your thread, cos I am really interested, its evident there would be more to learn from your thread as well.
ehen, that reminds me, its like cement prices are cheaper in Lagos, cos they say its up to 3k in Abuja, can anyone confirm?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2011
I have been sifting through these threads to see if I have noted the expense of N20k meant to pay my engineer for supervising this project from the setting out of the foundation to finishing the German floor. I have paid him and it will bring the totals spent so far to be N624,850.00.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2011
Haaaaaaa @Spyder behave urself o. Who told you that we “gossip” in the family section? embarassed wink

Anyway you are welcome to come along & visit us. We have a shortage of men in there and so any man that comes in there gets fought over Ask OAM4J or Romeo4Real
. . . . . . Well not any man o! Because we are trying to get rid of a certain DK lipsrsealed grin grin

BTW, I was just looking through old Emails and found the quote for POP for the 4 bedroom bungalow. I know my husband managed to beat this price down but can’t remember how much by

QUOTATION FOR WHOLE BUILDING FOR P.O.P CEILING
Master bedroom =32meters
Madam bedroom =25meters
Children bedroom =26meters
Visitor bedroom =30meters
Sitting room =43meters
Dinning =13meter
Kitchen =20meters
Passage =22meters
Five toilet =16meters
Entrance =5meters
Store =6meters
Small corridor =2meters
waiting room =5meters
Varrandar =7meters
Ark pillar

TOTAL METERS =246meters
TOTAL AMOUNT =N738,000
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2011
Guys! The difference in the number of bags of cement required for the german floor in the case of Am Alone/Brabus houses when compared to Mr Spyder house is too much ooo,

Can nigeria contractors be that calous as to reap people off sometimes upto 100 bags of cement?

Na wa for WAEC oooo.

Please, how then does one guard against this type of reap off? ehh.

At the rate Mr spyder is going it will probably cost him less than N800,000 to bring this house to lintel level.

When I compare it to how much i spent to bring my house in the village to the same level(mind u, the design are very similar). I go just begin cry cry

These people don finish me ooooo
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2011
Demain_man:

Guys! The difference in the number of bags of cement required for the german floor in the case of Am Alone/Brabus houses when compared to Mr Spyder house is too much ooo,

Can nigeria contractors be that calous as to reap people off sometimes upto 100 bags of cement?

Na wa for WAEC oooo.

At the rate Mr spyder is going it will probably cost him less than N800,000 to bring this house to lintel level.

When I compare it to how much i spent to bring my house in the village to the same level(mind u, the design are very similar). I go just begin cry cry

Hahahahaha bros easy ooo
I was there when they mixed the cements,
I monitored everything. All those cements, went right into ma German floor
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
For those who love pics

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:54pm On Mar 14, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2011
more still

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:56pm On Mar 14, 2011
then more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:56pm On Mar 14, 2011
and more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
Demain_man:

Na wa for WAEC oooo.

You are right, I noted the wide variance. But my floor space seems very little compared to theirs. Another place where these things differ greatly is the thickness of the German floor. Some lay floors that are as thick as 8" to 10", especially in water logged areas.
Take heart and look foward, this thread is meant to guide us all as we progress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.