Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,146 members, 7,943,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (411028 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:57am On Mar 15, 2011
brabus:

At times, when I'm faced with situations like this, I pipe low. Relax a bit! Why do you need him now when you have even not roof the house? The stage you are entering now, you need to get your priorities right. Abi no bi so, Spyder?

You dont even need him until you have put doors

Very correct, I dont like rushing while building. It breeds avoidable mistakes. Use a week to cool off while you negotiate and re-negotiate. Another problem is theft, do you know that thieves could go to your site at night and pull out your conduit wires from the sockets? I didnt know they could do that till it happened to my friend last week.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:01am On Mar 15, 2011
After I fix my doors, windows and burglary and doors
i can then run the wires!
but till then, it remains it my house!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:05am On Mar 15, 2011
Am Alone:

@ brabus, please say something about that electric thing na

@ Spyder why I'm asking is because, I believe location really affects cost

The area in Ghana where I saw bricklayers for 1500(they are professionals)
I bedroom self contain them collect 15k per year oo!!
My labour is very very expensive as compared to Brabus & Spyder
But I don't think I have wasted any money so far on anything
Na the area wey I dey build and na the best price I get be that
For example
My blocks I guy @ 133(the rate is 135 to 140) but i buy 133
I got the best price any1 can boast of
yet compared to the price of Brabus @ 120 per block
Not that I was reaped off, but that is location for you
And it applies to every other thing
Cement now in Lag her is 200k(with abeg ooo)
Na Dangote I dey use. So other brands na 1900 here
But Compared to spyder na 1800
Anybody wey won talk make him talk
I dey build my house for lagos
And I no say Lagos na Lagos
I may spend more o, but If i won sell am I go benefit more!!!
where I dey build raise my cost o! But where I dey build go pay me
back if i choose to sell now! The value go pass

I also trade stocks on NSE as a hobby and passtime, and learnt one saying from stockmarketnigeria.com, "You make profits when you buy, not when you sell"
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:14am On Mar 15, 2011
^^^ And vise versa
You are very good with words
always one sided!!! And you know the lesson
wey stock don teach ppl sha!!!
But land na land
it never depreciate(@least in naija)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 5:49am On Mar 15, 2011
To Am Alone,
The pictures are fantastic, a lovely masterpiece. i am looking forward to see the finishing. a pent house to the bungalow could have been great as well.
Ben.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 7:00am On Mar 15, 2011
once again, 2 more pages on comparison, hmmm. b4 the project finishes, i wonder how many times the thread would be replicated.

anyway, @ Spyder, so far so good, up to the german floor level, I have learnt quite alot, I appreciate all ur posts. I would start mine this week God's willing, I want to get it to German floor Level, I didnt anticipate German floor before, but ur explanation and that of "U r alone" really helped me.

I hope to get to the German floor Level on my two sites in two locations, , and compare. maybe that would pass for another thread title. wink

all the best guys!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 8:00am On Mar 15, 2011
Do get to know the 6 types of conductors passed for Cu used in electrical wires/cables (made-in-nigeria/imported inclusive)
Also get your best quotes for them via maxndianaefo@yahoo.com
Do read up BUILDERS AND DEVELOPERS WISE UP! Thread @ d property section to curtail being ripped off!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:06am On Mar 15, 2011
@ brabus, what are the effects of curing on German floors? It seems these guys have started laying blocks for me on the site. My engineer called me and told me they now have water and its safe to lay the blocks, infact they have laid up to 100 blocks before he started calling me. I intended to start this stage by Thursday but now it seems they have pushed things foward. The engineer convinced it could be done. I think they should go ahead since the German floor was made since Saturday last week. I will show us pictures later in the day.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2011
spyder880:

@ brabus, what are the effects of curing on German floors? It seems these guys have started laying blocks for me on the site. My engineer called me and told me they now have water and its safe to lay the blocks, infact they have laid up to 100 blocks before he started calling me. I intended to start this stage by Thursday but now it seems they have pushed things foward. The engineer convinced it could be done. I think they should go ahead since the German floor was made since Saturday last week. I will show us pictures later in the day.

No problem. I started laying block on mine the 3rd day but we wet the floor very well. It's always good when you wet the floor very well so that the concrete doesn't cake in some areas.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by manie(m): 11:56am On Mar 15, 2011
spyder880:

I also trade stocks on NSE as a hobby and passtime, and learnt one saying from stockmarketnigeria.com, "You make profits when you buy, not when you sell"

I also trade stocks, what is your user name on stockmarketnigeria.com?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by manie(m): 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
Am Alone:

^^^ And vise versa
You are very good with words
always one sided!!! And you know the lesson
wey stock don teach ppl sha!!!
But land na land
it never depreciate(@least in naija)

If you are in the market long enough i.e. 10 years and above you will know that the stock market is not doing badly. Land and investment in good companies have different roles they perform in our personal finance and attainment of our financial independence. I am in both stocks and real estate.
You only need to invest with knowledge and information. I am actually increasing my portfolio on a regular basis, but not with borrowed fund.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2011
manie:

I also trade stocks, what is your user name on stockmarketnigeria.com?

Bros, e hard o, I dont want KOD, Eniyanman, Hispy99, Pumping and Oracle et al to invade this place looking for an active member turned silent reader.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by manie(m): 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
spyder880:

Bros, e hard o, I dont want KOD, Eniyanman, Hispy99, Pumping and Oracle et al to invade this place looking for an active member turned silent reader.

Abi na you be C. Kenneths, you are not active again on stockmarketnigeria.com.  Me took no dey contribute again, i just dey pick the brain and ideas of the gurus in the house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
please the forum is not a stock market forum, but property section , re-direct your stock market topic to the appropriate section.
thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by X2X(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2011
manie:

Abi na you be C. Kenneths, you are not active again on stockmarketnigeria.com. 

If it walks like a dog, runs like a dog and barks like a dog, it most likely is a dog.

@spyder, keep on rockin!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
We mounted 385 pcs of blocks today to form the block works, pictures will follow later. The expenses is like this
brick layers, N20 per block x 385 = 7700.00
labourers 2 boys x N1000 = N2000.00
water N1000
sand filter N500.00
N11,200.00 + N624,850.00
= N636,050.00 as total money spent.
I will attach the block laying pics as soon as I can.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2011
spyder880:

We mounted 385 pcs of blocks today to form the block works, pictures will follow later. The expenses is like this
brick layers, N20 per block x 385 = 7700.00
labourers 2 boys x N1000 = N2000.00
water N1000
sand filter N500.00
N11,200.00 + N624,850.00
= N636,050.00 as total money spent.
I will attach the block laying pics as soon as I can.

Great job you are doing,waiting for the pics smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 12:05am On Mar 16, 2011
Beautiful thread still . . . enjoying it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2011
benimeogu:

please the forum is not a stock market forum, but property section , re-direct your stock market topic to the appropriate section.
thanks

The truth is that, the two sections have a lot in common, that is why I like to pick lessons from one side and apply it to the other side.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2011
X-2-X:

If it walks like a dog, runs like a dog and barks like a dog, it most likely is a dog.

@spyder, keep on rockin!

Sometimes it could be a fox, wolf or even a jackal sef, how that side na? I will be back soon to stir up some trouble in that area.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
I bought an additional 100 blocks to help my workers complete the work because my blocks are running out. They are still working.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for the updates and the pix . . . . keep them coming, taking so much notes
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2011
make sure to ignore the humans while watching the structure, grin grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
just the structure o! cheesy

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:34pm On Mar 16, 2011
more pictures,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
still more.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
and finally,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by salius: 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
The cost of labour is very high in the north oh, After using 82 bags of cement for the german floor, the bricklayer is asking for 370k as labour for a 4 Bedroom flat. I think its on the high side, pls i need your input.

@ Am alone, please how much wood did u buy for the rafter of your house?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2011
The 100 pcs of blocks is at a cost of 110.00 each, bringing the total on blocks bought to N11000.00.
This will bring the total amount spent for the house to come to yesterday's N636050.00 + N11000.00 = N647,050.00.

I have not paid the workers for today, I will itemize the expenses and add to the total later in the day.
E no easy o! cry cry grin wink He-goat also sweats heavily, only that the hairs on its body don't allow us to notice his sufferingsgrin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Spyder, I dey jelous u ooo. Imagine, you have almost finish the house yet you never spend upto 1-Milla. It's always very good when you know the secret of this building trade oo.

Please advise, I want to belief that with N200,000 I will be able to put up a four room with kitchen and toilet on my land with zink roof and normal window etc. What do you think?

Also, How many blocks do you reckon will bring this house to the lintel level? Just a rough estimate.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nin001: 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ spyder good job oooooh. may God bless the works of your hands. i think with a little more sweat, this building will be over. grin do u have a rough idea how much it will cost u to complete your building to replicate your prototype?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2011
Spyder880,
Please with due respect, redirect your stock market forum to the money/finance section of nairaland, where you will have intrested people willing to share their experience with you, but here in the property section we are interested to have information about "the cost of building a six bedroom duplex in Nigeria". many of people in diaspora are learning from your great contribution. please let us remain on the topic at hand and redirect other sources of investment to the appropriate section. As a reminder, this section deals on real estate.
However, i appreciate your contributions and pictures.
thanks
Ben

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.