Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,967 members, 7,942,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (411016 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Mar 17, 2011
brabus:

No Comment! WAEC don release result. Is that yr final answer?

emmm, emmmm, can I use a lifeline, I want to call a friend, or lets use 50-50, lol.
bros, am still calculating sha, lets see how it will be like.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:48am On Mar 17, 2011
yinka85:

@Spyder880
Big well done.
I hope you are already preparing your paper works to expand your biz portfolio and register a company(if you have not done so yet) as a builder because  I guranttee that if you do, your portfolio will span accross the lenght and breath of the country.
I guess there will be loads of ordinary people that are hell scared before but monitoring this thread now that will gladly hand you 7M to build a duplex for them and go to sleep.
Well done once again for the eye opener,no offence to professional builders in the house.
The present economic realities now demand that resources be spent smartly.

My man, I have not registered any company but I may do so this year. But building for others is hard, especially if the site is not in Enugu. Thanks for the suggestion.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Mar 17, 2011
brabus:

E no easy o! To build, dey chop and still dey play big boy for street. I'm feeling you too.
My finishing will gulp additional N5 - N7m.

1. Landscaping (Interlocking tiles, though I planned to do it myself since I have moulds that can produce 500 tiles at once)
2. Tiles (Granite/Marble finishes)
3. POP/Suspended Ceiling
4. Aluminium/Burglary (custom design)
5. Lightning (Chandelier for the loft, POP lights, Outdoor security lights, etc)
6. Furnitures (kitchen cabinet, wardrobes, doors etc)
7. Solar powered pumping machine
8. Architectural finishes (Quoin, Window surrounds, Stainless steel balustrade, stonewall, glassblock partitions etc)
9. 3-man a side football pitch/
10. and so on.

The house pass child play o. Its more than bricks and mortar!
Make we no distract attention, we can share ideas as per finishes off this thread.

Boss, afraid catch me for this your standard of finishing, but what is life if a man cannot enjoy his hardwork, please carry us along so we learn more from you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 7:18am On Mar 17, 2011
@Spyder880, abeg make you no boss me o. I'm your junior in all areas and respect is reciprocal.
spyder880:

emmm, emmmm, can I use a lifeline, I want to call a friend, or lets use 50-50, lol.
bros, am still calculating sha, lets see how it will be like.
As you've seen it, people are already talking N7m for your house. No be Lagos o or elsewhere cos in all you are doing, I've not seen a place where you mentioned settling omo-onile (touts), Foundation levy etc. For here, its a norm. Outside that, the area where I lived in Ajah, you must pay on each truck of sand to your site, a block is N200 and moulding option is not advisable. Am Alone will still pay roofing money which is the final payment when you are building in Lagos. Outside that, he will still need some N2 - N3m to do the finishes (fence, lighting, electricity, borehole, overhead tank, floor finishes, plastering, plumbing, landscaping, aluminium/burglary, furnitures, bath accessories etc), which means by the time he's ready to pack in, nearly N10m would have entered into the project.

This thread is good enough as an eye opener and a guide but its not to say that N7m will build your house. Make fight no come start o.
spyder880:

Boss, afraid catch me for this your standard of finishing, but what is life if a man cannot enjoy his hardwork, please carry us along so we learn more from you.

I'm building this masterpiece to showcase myself, I already have a 2 bedroom which am living right now. This house would pass for any of those N40 - N50m houses you see in Ikoyi, Osborne, VGC and I'll do it for less than N15m.
A friend asked me how much will finish my house, I said "I don't know but I know it will be nothing less than N13m"
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 7:32am On Mar 17, 2011
na wao! Naira no get value again o!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mmbello2: 10:04am On Mar 17, 2011
@Am alone
Good work. I am currently preparing to start a 4 bedroom. Pls is your plot a 50x100? Also can u pls sketch me the plan. I ve been following ur posts and anxiously awaiting your roofing details. You have been great in details. And also do you think 5m will finish the project ie excluding cost of land? Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
men at work,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2011
more pictures

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2011
more pictures

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2011
more,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2011
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BELOW STATEMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PRIDE BUT JUST TO PROVE MY POINT!!!!

After taking my bath this morning, I took my car key, went to the car, When I got close to it
I just pulles the door and it automatically opens. I went in, then from the navigator system I was able
to check everything about the car itself. I operated it from the navigator screen. Under Maintenance
I was able to see that I need to service my car, change the wiper, check the a/c, change the oil,
service the air filter and even re-do my car alignment.

I pushed the start button on the car and the engine started working, then I drove out to my mechanic. As I entered the express, the
car started making some noise(pun, pun, pun, pun). I knew it meant I should fasten up my seat belt, which
I did immediately. The screen was a bit dusty. So i used the whipper. I Allowed it or pour enough water on
screen, so as do wipe it very well. Before I knew, I had use about half a bucket of water to wipe the screen, so I
stopped pulling the whipper! And the water stopped coming. Then just immediately, I saw sign on the dash board
which says: ''Low Washer Fluid"(which means I need to add some water since have used alot of it). I drove on to the mechanic's place, but before I could get there it was almost getting to 11:00
When I got there, as I packed, I immediately notice another sign on the dash board screen that say I had a flat tire.
I knew I must had stepped on a nail or a screw on the mechanic street. BUT ALL THANkS TO GOD ALMIGHTY I HAD EVERYTHING
FIXED IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS!!!

The car is Toyota Camry 2008 Model
keyless with Navigator, v6, double exhaust, full option!!!
Cost 3.6million last year Febuary!!!

My point is this: You can't compared
this car to end of discussion. That is
why there is a difference in prize,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
and finally,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
We cannot work today, the water situation is not improving at all, and except I can use my car to fetch water, there is no other options as at now. we may continue in the weekend or by next week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Whitehorse: 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2011
Great topic here i must say and very informative.
I'm building a house for my dad in Enugu too, specifically in Ezeagu. My dad handles all the stuff since i'm based outside the country.

I've spent about N700k to do the foundation, and i just sent another N1m to bring the building to roofing level.

The building is a 6 bedroom, 3 toilet/bathroom, 2 linked sitting room apartment. I understand its a big building.

I've attached the plans i have, my younger sister who is an Architect did the designs for me. I'm wondering how much more i have to spend (roofing, electrical, windows etc) to complete this house.

Please note this house is just for my dad, i'm not out to build a mansion. Infact i had to start the project to prevent relatives from taking over the land, which explains the size of the building.

I also have two plots of land just after tollgate, after Agbara in badagry, i plan to build there later for rentals, but one project after the other,

I'm trained as an IT person, i'm just learning the ropes in building houses. Thanks everyone for your great inputs!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
mmbello2:

@Am alone
Good work. I am currently preparing to start a 4 bedroom. Pls is your plot a 50x100? Also can u pls sketch me the plan. I ve been following your posts and anxiously awaiting your roofing details. You have been great in details. And also do you think 5m will finish the project ie excluding cost of land? Thanks

@mmbellow2
The land is a 60x120. And if you want the drawing plan, then forward me your email,

Also, 5million will not finish this project
because of the stuff I will be using to
do the finishing. But a total of 7m  will
surely finish the project.
So far, I have spent a total of 3m.(excluding land)
The real cost of the building so far is less than 2.5million
but for some miscellaneous expenses!!
Example

The omo-nile here collect a total of 225,000 out of the 3million
Foundation: 25,000.00 -- German Floor -- 40,000.00
Roofing -- 70,000.00 -- Fencing 20,000 -- Security -- 30,000
The carpent, bricklayer, iron bender, plumber, electrician, pop
that worked on the site pays 5,000 each. And i paid for them
so that the cost of my labour can be cheaper! -- around 45,000

Here in Lagos, you need C of O before you can erect any building(Government new policy)
and to get c of o will take you 8 months to 2 years or more!!!
But there is a way they use to back date it, and you can  build with the C of O
and it cost me 160,000 to do that. Then the well cost an extra 100k
Minus this sum from the total money spend on that house will give you around 2.5m

Though I have finished the soak-away pit, I still have a total of 1000 blocks from that money
So surely 7 to 8million will finish it for you with a very standard finish(fence no dey there o)

Be more patient, pictures of my roof will be out in 3 weeks!!!!
PEACE!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mmbello2: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Am Alone
I meant 5m for the structure only (foundation, german floor, block work, roofing and finishing). Exclude cost of land, C of O, fencing, permits etc. I ve C of O and fenced the land with relevant permits.
Also for the plans, my email is mmbello2@yahoo.com. Thanks. U have been helpful.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2011
@mmbello2
To be honest with you 5million
cannot finish the project
but 6 to 7million will sure finish it!!!!

But then you have to cut many things
for example, I used 9 inch blocks through out
but you can use 9 inches blocks only for the round and foundation
of the house. For the inside of the house, I advice you use 6 inches blocks.

Also, my foundation is over 2 feet about the ground, as a result,
I use over 150,000 to fill the inside(this is very good because of erosion)
You can reduce yours to just one block and the German floor above the ground to save cost
because you wont have to buy any filling sand!!!
My house has four coaches of blocks after the lintel level, that is why it looks so tall!!!
Advantages: it helps to ventilate the house, and also, I have enough space, which means
any pop design can be used in my house!
The normal coach is 2 coach above window level. But if you want to use pop
then make it 3 coaches. Also, if you want to put the gutter roof, then no need to make it
3 coach, just make it two coaches! The gutter roofing will stand as the third coach!!!
I used granite for the house(granite is more expensive that gravel) So to save cost you
can use gravel as well(its very good, but not as, ). Also, I used dredging sand! Man
this sand dey chop money! Normal sand is less the price. So if you want to use normal sand
you can, but make sure the one you are buying have no dirt or whatsoever!!! All this will help
you reduce cost!!!!

Doing all this will save you as much as 300 to 450k
As a result,  7 million go finish am!!!
How much do they sell block @ your end?? Cement
Cost of Labour if they are less than Bricklayer 2500  to 3000
Labour -- 1500, cement 2000(abeg use dangote cement!!!!), blocks 9 inches 135 to 140
6 inches 130

And you are not doing POP for the sitting room alone, aluminium
you will be using is step tiles(bros with wood and workmanship, make e
no pass 1million. Do you best here!!!) If omoni-le no dey your end!!!
If you pay enough attention and prize well, 6million go finish am for you
WELL!!!! But 5million is near impossible!!

Bros, It is your house!!!! If you have the money, please spend it!!!!
Don't waste it, but use it for yourself, Use quality materials!!!! It is
a life time time investment!!!! And any manage you do less than what
I have adviced abovevwill reflect in the near future!!! A solid house can
last 100 to 120yrs and counting!!! but an any how house, begins to wither away after 40
fifty year!!! And another thing I want you do understand, what you want to
do, do it well. For example, if you are casting the foundation, you need to cast
it to the normal standard(nothing less than 6 inches)!! If you cast the foundation
below 6 inches, and you begin to set the blocks, immediately they have set the blocks up to
the german floor level and they cast the german floor, The mistake you made with the
foundation cannot be corrected again for life!! That is how it is going to be!!! And the effect
is this, you maynot be able to put much load on the building, because it may leads to some serious cracks!!!!

PEACE!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
A man was building a 3 bedroom bungalow in my area
and it was very close to swamp!!!!
The cost of building on a sloppy land is very high
and I wont advice any1 to build on a sloppy land!!!
don't even buy such lands in the first place!!!
Mos bungalow around my area don't have pillars
because the land is a very dry land. So no need of
put pillars for a normal 3 to 6 bedroom bungalow.

This guy was building a 3 bedroom bungalow on a little bit
swampy land in my area, check out the pictures
what is happening to the building
He didn't put any pillars at all. It was when the
cracks in the building was getting too much that
he started putting pillars, but it was too late!!
Even the foundation was supposed to be casting all through
especially that place that was swampy!!!
There was no German floor as well!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2011
this post is for educational purpose oo
NOT TO MOCK ANYONE
PEACE!!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2011
believe

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
lastly

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2011
Beautiful info and pix . . . . keep them coming
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mmbello2: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Am Alone.
Thanks. Good advice. I'll be waiting for the plan. My email is mmbello2@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
@mmbello2
I don't have the plan on my computer
but I will go and scan and send it to your email
I made some little amendments
I will show them to you as well
GOD ALMIGHTY WHO HAS BROUGHT MOI
TO THIS STAGE WILL COMPLETE YOURS
FOR YOU WITH LESS STRESS THAN MINE
AMEN!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mmbello2: 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Am Alone.
Thanks very much
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2011
Am_Alone, wadup. Great pics here, I wish I could upload the one being built for my neighbour who currently resides in UK. Project was supervised by his sister who happened to be a woman leader in PDP Ogun state. They had to quickly plaster the deck to cover up cracks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
brabus:

Am_Alone, wadup. Great pics here, I wish I could upload the one being built for my neighbour who currently resides in UK. Project was supervised by his sister who happened to be a woman leader in PDP Ogun state. They had to quickly plaster the deck to cover up cracks.

You can imagine!!!
That is why I cannot buy a house!!!!
Except I was there when they started the foundation
to the finish!!!!
Foundation, decking, pillars, roofing are the main thing
serious!!! Fake finishings can be consider
because they can be replaced. But foudation, decking, pillars
bros to replace them is near impossible
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
I will try show you the foundation of the house and mine. You can see the obvious difference. The same applies to my elder sister (a UK resident) who is building in Ibadan beng supervised by her friend and my dad. Clash of interest on the part of d supervisors? The went to lay tiles before plastering the walls.

You agree with me that yr building will near N10m.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
Is 10m too much for a bungalow??

Henceforth, I will give account only on
the cost of my building. The cost of the
land will mentioned on request!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Am Alone, You are 2 years on Nairaland today. How are you celebrating it?
N10m is not too much, not even for the high tastes you have. I know you will eventually do more than that, just keep the records and see for yourself.
I dey pray for you and all other people on this thread handling their projects. God will bless us and see us through.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2011
hey!!! Hurray!!!
I had no idea gon
buy me some gift oo!
Peace!!

Brabus, to be honest with you,
i just did my calculations now
and i think the total will be around
10million ooo(excluding the land, but
including all the a/c, for all the rooms,
pot, tv, chair, beds and every other thing)
10m will do! perhaps
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:49am On Mar 18, 2011
Am Alone:

Is 10m too much for a bungalow??

Henceforth, I will give account only on
the cost of my building. The cost of the
land will mentioned on request!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.