Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,153 members, 7,890,891 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409990 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by snowdrops(m): 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2011
@ am alone
you are building the house at an impressive pace. how do you do it. is there a cash pot somewhere. i meant this as a compliment.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
AmAlone . . . . I checked the meaning of gorgeous in the dictionary and all i see what the pix of you house . . . . . Beauty and too cute
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
snowdrops:

@ am alone
you are building the house at an impressive pace. how do you do it. is there a cash pot somewhere. i meant this as a compliment.

@ snowdrops, there's nothing as good as having your money ready before embarking on a house project. The project will be perfectly done and well monitored. I could remember, people thought I was a 419 or into drug when I built my 4 Unit Bedroom ensuite within 6months. I actually, spent my hard earned money in building the house. This is money I have been saving through my 401K and some other personal savings. People that lives and work in the US knows what 401K means. I don't know Am Alone and I dont know what he does for a living but I know he's tapping from money that has been set aside for the construction of this house. In short, he has displayed he's a man of quality, keep it up bro.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
caseymoney:

Alone, Can you send me the guy phone number that constructed your Alum window. My email is . Thanks man.

Bros, Check your inbox for his number!!!!!
Again, I want to inform you that high price
doesn't necessarily means high quality o!!!!
What have noticed with these aluminum people
or all this people in general is that, they tend to
give you a quotation for high quality materials to be used
and when you talk they say that the materials is the best.
But when they an advance payment, they may end up using
another material entirely for you. Of course you may not know the
difference. I am just luckly this guy gave me what I paid for.
So other people gave me a quotation for 480k and the materials they
showed/gave me as sample, I latter found out was not Tower Aluminum!!!
So shine you double eyes my broda!!!!
Peace!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
DCGUY:

@jerryben12; My guy, very simple, a 3kva inverter is enough to carry what you have described. I use a 3kva inverter produced by UCGsolar, its an American company with an office in Nigeria. I bought mine for N40k direct from their office. they have distributors at Lekki and Alaba market but it will cost you more if you go through this guys. call their office and they will send your product to you anywhere in Nigeria. If you need their number I will send it to you. mine has an automatic 5sec change over

Please send their number to jerrybenchi@yahoo.com. Also, at full load, how many hours does it stay on? Does it come with the battery?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
caseymoney:

@ snowdrops, there's nothing as good as having your money ready before embarking on a house project. The project will be perfectly done and well monitored. I could remember, people thought I was a 419 or into drug when I built my 4 Unit Bedroom ensuite within 6months. I actually, spent my hard earned money in building the house. This is money I have been saving through my 401K and some other personal savings. People that lives and work in the US knows what 401K means. I don't know Am Alone and I dont know what he does for a living but I know he's tapping from money that has been set aside for the construction of this house. In short, he has displayed he's a man of quality, keep it up bro.

You've said it all. . . . But I will add to the fact that it is always good to start with what you have. After knowing what it will take to finish the whole project. But as for me, I hate half finished job or going half way. One thing about construction, is that even you've done up to 90%, it as good as 50% except all is finished that is when you can actually move in or so. I did my preparations for 2yrs before i proceed. . . . Because I've a phobia for stoping half way. I noticed before I can come back to it, it may take too much years, with my money stuck in the ground grin grin grin I can't have it back and I can't enjoy it!!! All I can do is stare!!!! I THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING!!!!

[size=5pt]Bob! So much tracking eyes!!![/size]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
caseymoney:

Spyder800, please more of those nice POP interior design.  What are those wall edges design highlighted in red called? I need to do such design after completing the plastering of my house. Is this also done by POP guys or bricklayers? Please my post is for y'all in this thread.

They are called "QUOIN". They are part of architectural finishes.

Am Alone:

Spyder thanks
the 4by4 cost 23k5
the 2by 2 cost 10
the 4 by 5 cost 28k
All casement and the materials is Towers!!!

Good job, great price!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
Please does anyone know of someone that mould's blocks in Lagos. My site is around Owode Onirin, Ajegunle right off Ikorodu road. I need someone ASAP. Hand mould or machine vibrated on my site.

Jerrybenchi@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by rastaman20(m): 12:18am On Jun 08, 2011
Am alone, what a great pics and a good house, Bros keep it up. The lord will guide u through to complet your project(OLUWA CHAMPION).bros , when i come to niaja, i will like to meet u for some information oooo.

My big bros spyder880, Thanks alot for this thread, u are an eye opener for people like us that is living abroad and working alot ,saving alot to build a house back home, but afraid of embarking on a project which we can not finish due to some comments from other peoples, but from this thread i have learnt alot , i have also two brothers that are following this thread,,Bros i will like to meet u so that u will handle my project at my home town in Anambra state.my two friends are intrested too.
God blessing to all my brothers that have added alot in this thread. kudosssssssss to all.
U are all blessed
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2011
Hi Y'all, I was wondering if doors like the attached could be found in Nigeria. I don't like how those locally made doors look. The woods are good but the finishing doesn't look good. Anyone, that has an idea where Foreign Doors like the attached are sold is most welcome to share with us in this thread. I can actually export the doors from US to 9ja but my shipper said furniture are contraband. I have no choice to source for this door locally in naija or go for the locally made ones that cost #20k each.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:07am On Jun 08, 2011
rastaman20:

Am alone, what a great pics and a good house, Bros keep it up. The lord will guide u through to complet your project(OLUWA CHAMPION).bros , when i come to niaja, i will like to meet u for some information oooo.

My big bros spyder880, Thanks alot for this thread, u are an eye opener for people like us that is living abroad and working alot ,saving alot to build a house back home, but afraid of embarking on a project which we can not finish due to some comments from other peoples, but from this thread i have learnt alot , i have also two brothers that are following this thread,,Bros i will like to meet u so that u will handle my project at my home town in Anambra state.my two friends are intrested too.
God blessing to all my brothers that have added alot in this thread. kudosssssssss to all.
U are all blessed

Thank you for the kind words, Anambra is our neighbors and our big brothers and it will be very easy for me to cover there too. Hoping to meet you too.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:13am On Jun 08, 2011
caseymoney:

Hi Y'all, I was wondering if doors like the attached could be found in Nigeria. I don't like how those locally made doors look. The woods are good but the finishing doesn't look good. Anyone, that has an idea where Foreign Doors like the attached are sold is most welcome to share with us in this thread. I can actually export the doors from US to 9ja but my shipper said furniture are contraband. I have no choice to source for this door locally in naija or go for the locally made ones that cost #20k each.

I think good wooden door could be found in this country, our people are steppping up in house finishings that can compare with oyinbo own, by the time I get to doing finishings, I will sample lots of good materials for all to see.
On the import of furniture, I think your source may be wrong. Where does all those China security doors, even wooden imported doors come from cause I dont think they were made here.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Pettitegal(f): 2:02am On Jun 08, 2011
@Am Alone, WOW! Look at how nice your house is coming out, I like it a lot. Can't wait to see when you get it plasterd painted etc, Great pics! Keep them coming
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Pettitegal(f): 2:16am On Jun 08, 2011
@Spyder880,
Was just wondering if you also have clients you build for in Lagos since you are based out of Enugu?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 08, 2011
@Stevo30

If that was true, then I don't have to make my kitchen cabinet from Lowes in U.S. I went to lowes during the last public holiday (memorial day) and made enquiry about kitchen cabinet for my house. After the lady went through my houseplan, I was suprised to hear the cabinet that I liked cost around $4200. I already stored the information about the company you posted on this thread. I thank you for the information you have provided. This thread has been an eyes opener for me. Thanks to Spyder880, Am Alone, Brabus and others.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:23am On Jun 08, 2011
Pettitegal:

@Spyder880,
Was just wondering if you also have clients you build for in Lagos since you are based out of Enugu?

Not yet my sister, I will first establish in the east and learn from brabus and co, maybe in the next two years I will try out the big league and come to Lagos.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 7:31am On Jun 08, 2011
@ All
Awesome threading guys! Concerning wooden and other finishings in Nigeria, I believe there are many skilled craftsmen in Nigeria. One major problem is the lack of online presence. If the big and (even small) furniture shops / businesses in Nigeria advertize online and have their own searchable websites, they will easily reach beyond the Naija borders and compete for the global market. Most furniture in the US and Europe are imported from countries like Malaysia, India, China, Philippines, etc. Why not Nigeria
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2011
Sagewood:

@ All
Awesome threading guys! Concerning wooden and other finishings in Nigeria, I believe there are many skilled craftsmen in Nigeria. One major problem is the lack of online presence. If the big and (even small) furniture shops / businesses in Nigeria advertize online and have their own searchable websites, they will easily reach beyond the Naija borders and compete for the global market. Most furniture in the US and Europe are imported from countries like Malaysia, India, China, Philippines, etc. Why not Nigeria

These doors are locally made for N17k.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
This thread dont belong to the 3rd page . . . how i wish the admin would stick this to the first page . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
spyder088
i am still waiting to hear from you via email concerning the wood work and other private issues.
email me at buimeogu@aol.com or benimeogu@yahoo.com

Ben
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Brabus, where could I get those doors in the picx in Lagos, Nigeria? A man said he could use mansonia wood to craft any design I like but I'm yet to see his past project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
jerryben12:

Please does anyone know of someone that mould's blocks in Lagos. My site is around Owode Onirin, Ajegunle right off Ikorodu road. I need someone ASAP. Hand mould or machine vibrated on my site.

Jerrybenchi@yahoo.com

can someone please point me to where I can get a block moulder around Ikorodu? Hand moulder or machine vibrated on my site.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2011
@jerryben12 . Why cant you buy from existing block manufacturers. Is it more economical to mould yourself than buying. Get ready made block and get started. Those are olden days approach. I might be wrong though. Can you tell us why you want to mould than buying ready made?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DCGUY: 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
@blank, its only for the inverter. you don't need to build anything for your battrey bank. All you need to do is buy your battries and have someone install for you. call 08034916974 ask to speak to Obinna and take it from there. I Cant find their office phone number but their website is www.ucgsolar.com you can get more info from there. They delivered mine in one day
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DCGUY: 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
@jerryben12, 10-15hrs none stop. However, for me it last me 2-3days as am nver at home all the time
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
caseymoney:

@jerryben12 . Why cant you buy from existing block manufacturers. Is it more economical to mould yourself than buying. Get ready made block and get started. Those are olden days approach. I might be wrong though. Can you tell us why you want to mould than buying ready made?

I have 2 20tons of sharp sand that is blocking my site entrance. I need to make a way for filling sand that is why I want to use the sharp for blocks instead of paying for them to be packed elsewhere. Also, moulding will be cheaper overall.

**** Moulding blocks is not an obsolete approachsmiley. Buying from the makers is just paying for extra comfort.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by rastaman20(m): 11:59pm On Jun 08, 2011
@ spyder880. as i wrote before, big brother, i have got this plan , can i send it to u so that u can have a look on it ,so that u will give an insight about all it will take .
i will like u to handle the project and also u can share ur exp with people on this thread. the project will be on my home town in Anambra state. i have got the land, it is more than 4 plot, because this is an inheritance , u knows igbo culture and as the first child of the family, lol. also with all the probelms of the family,nothing goes for nothing, jajajajajajaja. we must carry on shaaaaaaahhhh.
Gob blessing

spyder880
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2011
rastaman20:

@ spyder880. as i wrote before, big brother, i have got this plan , can i send it to u so that u can have a look on it ,so that u will give an insight about all it will take .
i will like u to handle the project and also u can share your exp with people on this thread. the project will be on my home town in Anambra state. i have got the land, it is more than 4 plot, because this is an inheritance , u knows igbo culture and as the first child of the family, lol. also with all the probelms of the family,nothing goes for nothing, jajajajajajaja. we must carry on shaaaaaaahhhh.
Gob blessing

spyder880

Send me a mail at ckenneths at yahoo dot co dot uk and I will take it from there, I think we can work out something.

@all, I ve been very busy since yesterday, catch you guys in the evening today for more gist.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2011
rastaman20:

i will like u to handle the project and also u can share your exp with people on this thread. the project will be on my home town in Anambra state. i have got the land, it is more than 4 plot, because this is an inheritance , u knows igbo culture and as the first child of the family, lol. also with all the probelms of the family,nothing goes for nothing, jajajajajajaja. we must carry on shaaaaaaahhhh.
Gob blessing

Why not post the plan here and you never know other people too might contribute one or two things.
Others too might be able to steal one or 2 ideas from your plan
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by coss75: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Why not post the plan here and you never know other people too might contribute one or two things.
Others too might be able to steal one or 2 ideas from your plan

How is cement sold now in Enugu and around East, say Imo state and Abia.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
coss75:

How is cement sold now in Enugu and around East, say Imo state and Abia.

I have no idea, Sir . . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
What's happening? The major contributors on this thread has been silent for 2days now. Hope all is well? I guess they are probably busy working on their project. I wanna see more finishing pictures in this thread 'cos im currently at that stage. Hope to read from y'all soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.