Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,894 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409991 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
jerryben12:

I have 2 20tons of sharp sand that is blocking my site entrance. I need to make a way for filling sand that is why I want to use the sharp for blocks instead of paying for them to be packed elsewhere. Also, moulding will be cheaper overall.

**** Moulding blocks is not an obsolete approachsmiley. Buying from the makers is just paying for extra comfort.

I am still looking for block moulders. Please refer someone to me. My site is close to Ikorodu around Owode Onirin: jerrybenchi@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
caseymoney:

What's happening? The major contributors on this thread has been silent for 2days now. Hope all is well? I guess they are probably busy working on their project. I wanna see more finishing pictures in this thread 'cos im currently at that stage. Hope to read from y'all soon.

me too oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by rastaman20(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex
« #2875 on: Today at 11:46:48 AM »

Quote from: rastaman20 on Yesterday at 11:59:13 PM
@ spyder880. as i wrote before, big brother, i have got this plan , can i send it to u so that u can have a look on it ,so that u will give an insight about all it will take .
i will like u to handle the project and also u can share your exp with people on this thread. the project will be on my home town in Anambra state. i have got the land, it is more than 4 plot, because this is an inheritance , u knows igbo culture and as the first child of the family, lol. also with all the probelms of the family,nothing goes for nothing, jajajajajajaja. we must carry on shaaaaaaahhhh.
Gob blessing

spyder880

Send me a mail at ckenneths at yahoo dot co dot uk and I will take it from there, I think we can work out something.

@all, I ve been very busy since yesterday, catch you guys in the evening today for more gist.

Bros, have send it to your email. pls check ur box.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
brabus:

New thread opened "Building a Luxury Block of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures)". Let's do it again!

This thread cover everything and i see no reason for a new thread,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
caseymoney:

This thread cover everything and i see no reason for a new thread,

Sure it does but I decided to create this thread to document and provide useful information to anyone who has decided to head down the path that my client (love-tosin) did, and build their own house. This is more like a mixed-use apartment unlike a private residence being discussed on this thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by sunnyjz: 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
i think its a great idea and i would be follow both thread religiously. i need all the ideas and information i can get from all of you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 12:06am On Jun 10, 2011
OK guys! Spyder, Alone, brabus and co
I did my decking about 6weeks ago and am about to start the top part of the house sometime next week. I used 9" block from foundation through decking except toilet and closet. My question now is: will it be a problem using 6" blocks for the top part of the house? I spoke with my younger brother today who is supervising the project and both him and the contractor plan on using 9" for only the 4 sides of the top and everything else like splitting of the rooms, dinning, kitchen, etc they plan on using 6". Please let me know what you guys think before I give them the go ahead.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 12:26am On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

I did my decking about 6weeks ago and am about to start the top part of the house sometime next week. I used 9" block from foundation through decking except toilet and closet. My question now is: will it be a problem using 6" blocks for the top part of the house? I spoke with my younger brother today who is supervising the project and both him and the contractor plan on using 9" for only the 4 sides of the top and everything else like splitting of the rooms, dinning, kitchen, etc they plan on using 6". Please let me know what you guys think before I give them the go ahead.

It's a good idea. cool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 1:12am On Jun 10, 2011
^^ I kind of thought so too because they claim it will allow room for more space/bigger rooms etc and ofcox cheaper for me but my main concern is if it's safe/OK! I also spoke with a friend that said that was exactly what he did in his own house which is same as mine (4 flats of 3 bedrooms).
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 2:31am On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

^^ I kind of thought so too because they claim it will allow room for more space/bigger rooms etc and ofcox cheaper for me but my main concern is if it's safe/OK! I also spoke with a friend that said that was exactly what he did in his own house which is same as mine (4 flats of 3 bedrooms).

It's safer because it reduces the load on the decking. 6" Block is good for rooms and wall partitioning. I support the idea of using 9" on your ground floor to support the decking and 9" on the wall of the 2nd floor. I did exactly same when I was building my 4-unit 3bedroom en-suite.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 2:34am On Jun 10, 2011
Thanks guys! guess we're set to begin work again on Monday.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 5:59am On Jun 10, 2011
Hi guys,pls can anyone tell me the current price of cement now? Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 6:45am On Jun 10, 2011
^^^ N1700 - N1750 in Sagamu.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 7:11am On Jun 10, 2011
Thanks brabus that's even wia I have my project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2011
cinzo:

Hi guys,pls can anyone tell me the current price of cement now? Thanks

Dropped to 1800-1750 in Enugu.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

I see no problems with that. Kind of reduces the weight on the lower sections. Why not grace the thread with a few pictures of your decking? We want some pictures. grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2011
I will paste many pictures of interior decor (woodwork) by an expert I met. He just handed me his sample pictures of works he did and it was pretty. I will paste them this evening.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by freepeople: 11:56am On Jun 10, 2011
This is the best thread I've followed on NL. Thanks Spyder, I resides @ Enugu. I'll get in touch with you soonest.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
spyder880:

I will paste many pictures of interior decor (woodwork) by an expert I met. He just handed me his sample pictures of works he did and it was pretty. I will paste them this evening.

Keep up the good work
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
@Spyder880

Please do that today. I can't wait to see them. God Bless!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bugmenot: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ prince_onx

Where are you building? How much have you spent to this level? Do you have a rough idea of how much might bring it to completion? Also, I have a question I'd rather not ask you on the public forum, what email addy can I reach you at?

More grease to your elbows.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by egin(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
House please advise I am at the wiring stage for my project in Ondo. Which wire is the best and what are the prices of the various sizes? Thanks for your response
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

How much did your decking cost you? Location?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2011
[size=14pt]All we are saying, give us more picturesssssssssssssssssssssssss[/size]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hasyak(m): 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

am thinking of using 6" block all thru for the top part of my building, i don't think there is anything wrong with that? but if anybody thinks otherwise pls let us know why.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
spyder880:

I see no problems with that. Kind of reduces the weight on the lower sections. Why not grace the thread with a few pictures of your decking? We want some pictures. grin
Thanks for your input Spyder. Ol'boy I tried attaching some pictures a while ago but it kept saying the file is too large. I can forward some to your email and I don't have a problem with you attching it here for others to see if you know how to add it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2011
Send me the pix Femmmy.moto@gmail.com and i will post them here for you after working on them
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by blank(f): 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
DC guy, abeg answer us na! Inverter NOW. Lol. ✔
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fidelo726: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
hasyak:

am thinking of using 6" block all thru for the top part of my building, i don't think there is anything wrong with that? but if anybody thinks otherwise pls let us know why.

There no much problem with that BUT you need to check the span of your open spaces within (living room etc) soas to know if 6" can go or not.
When the span is up to 5m, use 9". This is just to provide extra support for the rafters.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
jerryben12:

How much did your decking cost you? Location?

My project is at Aboru around Iyana-ipaja Lagos. My decking cost almost N2m (N1,913,500:00) go back to post #1335 page 42 for break down of materials, cost, and labour.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Send me the pix Femmmy.moto@gmail.com and i will post them here for you after working on them
Will do thanks. Some are videos while some are pic let me sorth them out and I will forward them to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.