Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,354 members, 7,920,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:15 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (410643 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:56am On Jun 14, 2011
atasteve:

Spyder880, your house is really coming out fine and nice.

Weldone.

Thank you, we are still pulling down the wood and selling. The 20 planks loosened today were paid for N(8000.00)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by soks: 4:21am On Jun 14, 2011
my people, good job on this thread. God bless all those who have been educating us from day one. i am in need of a builder/architect for my project in abuja. it's going to be a 6 bedroom house. if you have or know anyone you can recommend, and i also do not mind any of the knowledgeable people here taking on the challenge. please email me at ddebbiedin@yahoo.com. if you have any one for me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 9:02am On Jun 14, 2011
3ppleT, check out this new design for your first floor.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by manlulu: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
Welldone guys!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
brabus:

I never knew they still do Madam's room for Nija oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bugmenot: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
@brabus

What software did you use to draw the plan?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I never knew they still do Madam's room for Nija oh

The one wey vex me pass be say he no create door between Oga room and madam room? How oga go 'discuss' with madam after 10pm without the kids finding out about the 'sneaking' footsteps grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
Let's take off the label "Madam's Bedroom". The couple can share "Old Trafford" Its big enough, bigger than wat's on the old plan.

bugmenot:

@brabus

What software did you use to draw the plan?

ConceptDraw or any other CAD software for draft designs like the one above, but I use Revit for do the main drawing.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by enyojo(f): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2011
This is a very great thread I have been monitoring for so long.
Thanks all for useful contributions.

We came accross a little money and we are planning to buy a house (already completed) in Abuja say Maitama/Asokoro/Garki axis (not wuse or others).
Our budget is around N65m.
Can we get a lovely home at these specified areas?
I'm so scared of demolition in Abuja.

NB: Garki 1 or Garki 2. Not Areas 1,2,3 etc

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DosuAde: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
Credit to spyder880, Am Alone, brabus and everyone who has been
a part of this wonderful thread. May the Lord grant you all the grace and
resources that you require to complete these great edifice that you are
all building (amen).

I would like to be enlightened on what I require to take my own project
to the lintel, there is a plan and an existing foundation on the plot for
three bedroom duplex and my architec carved out a plan based on this
plan though instead of duplex am build a bungalow and from the plan
the existing foundation will be an advantage as it was meant to carry
another floor. I only need a new wall for the living room toilet which
will be the the only alteration on the foundation.

To erect the blocks to the lintel I have these list below, please enlighten
if this list need any modification.

Blocks (of which I have 1500)
Sharp sand (a ton)
Cement ( a ton)
Labour

This is in ibadan and am looking to start asap, so experts your advice

your advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
spyder880:

The one wey vex me pass be say he no create door between Oga room and madam room? How oga go 'discuss' with madam after 10pm without the kids finding out about the 'sneaking' footsteps grin grin

I really tire oh . . . . . . .
I thot gone were those days when Dad has a separate room from Mama, and enjoyment galore just dey happen
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2011
@Fhemmy, kindly disregard the label. Wat do you think of the design?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2011
brabus:

@Fhemmy, kindly disregard the label. Wat do you think of the design?

I would love to see the design of the other floor, to be able to appreciate what you have on that floor, cos we have to make sure that other floors compensate for this floor as well.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2011
Dosu Ade:

all building (amen). 

To erect the blocks to the lintel I have these list below, please  enlighten

Sharp sand (a ton)
                                                Cement ( a ton)
                                                Labour

For a 3 bedroom Duplex measuring apprx 40ft X 40ft, this may help:

Raising to linte level estimate (200 x 9) - (20 per window x 8 windows approximately) - (10 per door x 8 doors approximately) = 1560 blocks (N226,000)

You can do half of this number for 9" for the outside walls and the remaining half 6'' for the inside rooms partitions.

For every 60 blocks, you will need 1 bag of cement. This implies that you will need 26 bags (N48,100) to set the blocks.

Try getting 20 tons (N46,000) of sharp sand because you will still need it for your decking as well.

Labor: In Lagos, you will need N4000 to set 100 blocks. So doing the maths, you will need about N62,400 to pay for labor for setting the blocks. 

Disclaimer: These are Lagos prices. May be lesser or higher in Ibadan[color=#770077][/color]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DosuAde: 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
For a 3 bedroom bungalo or 2 flats of 3 bedroom each (Up & Down) measuring 40ft X 40ft, this may help:

Foundation: 3 coaches = 600 blocks approximately.
Raising to linte level estimate (200 x 9) - (20 per window x 8 windows approximately) - (10 per door x 8 doors approximately) = 1560 blocks

With this analysis, you are looking at approx 600 + 1560 = 2160 pcs of blocks (N313,200). You can do half of this number for 9" for the outside walls and the remaining half 6'' for the inside rooms partitions.

You will 1 bag of cement to set 60 blocks. This implies that you will need 36 bags (N66,600) to set the blocks. Don't foget you also need about 15 bags (N27,750) of cement for the blinding on the foundation after it is dug.

Try and get 20 tons (N46,000) of sharp sand because you will still need it for your German floor.

Labor: In Lagos, you will need N4000 to set 100 blocks. So doing the maths, you will need about N8400 to pay for labor for setting the blocks. Also, Maybe an addional N10,000 for the foundation blinding and an additional N15,000 for foundation digging.

Hey! Don't foget to get granite/gravel for the foundation and german floor. 

Disclaimer: These are Lagos prices. May be lesser or higher in Ibadan

Thanks jerryben12

The thing is I already have a foundation on the land apart from one single wall
that I need to create a dermacation for which will be the livingroom toilet
I have 4 coaches high of foundation already and I have 1000 blocks of 9"
500 blocks of 6" so AM TRYING TO CONFIRM IF THIS LIST IS CONCLUSIVE OR NOT
to take it to lintel

Sharp sand (a ton)
                                                Cement ( a ton)
                                                Labour
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DosuAde: 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
all building (amen). 

Sharp sand (a ton)
                                                Cement ( a ton)
                                                Labour

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by maoyinlola: 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
Thank you guys for the good work you are doing. Spyder880, brabus, Fhemmmmy, and others. Dosu Ade, thanks for bringing Ibadan into the fold.I would be good for some of us also planning for good things like this, Thank you guyz. May God continue to bless you big time!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2011
brabus:

@Brabus, thanks so much, you are the best, i love the new masters bedroom and the children's room. but where is the study? i think we can create a space for that somewhere. God bless you my brother, will print this out and get you posted about the new development, once again thannkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks. cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
I woke up this morning and was staring at the ceiling, and I thought, why don't we invent a type of decking wood that could be reused like 50 times in different decks? I drew up a plan, buy some plywood and form them into fixable mats which could be removed after each deck, 1'' plywood, a few metal clamps and metal supports can do this, engineers in the house, what do you think? Is this possible?

Sample arrangement of the plywood for a standard 12x12 foot room arrangement.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
spyder880:

The one wey vex me pass be say he no create door between Oga  room and madam room? How oga go 'discuss' with madam after 10pm without the kids finding out about the 'sneaking' footsteps grin grin

@ spyder, The  children room is far away, so i don't think they will be so curious to know what is happening, anyway thanks for your contribution, so what do you think about the new plan? please your candid opinion is needed.check the old one in page 91 or 92. Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
enyojo:

This is a very great thread I have been monitoring for so long.
Thanks all for useful contributions.

We came accross a little money and we are planning to buy a house (already completed) in Abuja say Maitama/Asokoro/Garki axis (not wuse or others).
Our budget is around N65m.[/b]Can we get a lovely home at these specified areas?
I'm so scared of demolition in Abuja.

NB: Garki 1 or Garki 2. Not Areas 1,2,3 etc

shocked  shocked  Abeg where una dey [b]come across
that kind money abeg? are you like serious? you described or presented that N65m like it was N65K and asking if it can buy a house simply made me speechless. That's about $433K Dollars and any bank or mortgage company will be morethan happy to discourse about buying a property in a superb neighbourhood with you here! its really alarming at the rate our naira is depreciating.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2011
3pple T:

@ spyder, The  children room is far away, so i don't think they will be so curious to know what is happening, anyway thanks for your contribution, so what do you think about the new plan? please your candid opinion is needed.check the old one in page 91 or 92. Thanks

I didnt talk because you all are on track, we need to see where the study fits as you asked, and Fhemmmy also is waiting for the next floor plan to ask the same question. I think he will make provisions for it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by diordaves(m): 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2011
spyder880:

I woke up this morning and was staring at the ceiling, and I thought, why dont we invent a type of decking wood that could be reused like 50 tiles in different decks? I drew up a plan, buy some plywoods and form them into fixable mats which could be removed after each deck, 1'' plywood, a few metal clamps and metal supports can do this, engineers in the house, what do you think? Is this possible?

From our experience here in the western world, it is possible. If we need to build storey buildings here in the UK, we don't plunder the forest for wood/plank or bamboo, we just go to scafolding companies and rent scafolds and "decking planks". And these planks are made like your drawing. To think that Nigerians spend on avarage N350k for decking/lintel planks only to be thrown away after use or sold at knocked down price is shocking. This is one avoidable waste that bumps up the cost of building in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DosuAde: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
These are the plans I have

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
3pple T:

Dont be too sure oh . . . the kinda kids we have nowadays are too curious oh . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 5:08am On Jun 15, 2011
spyder880:

I woke up this morning and was staring at the ceiling, and I thought, why don't we invent a type of decking wood that could be reused like 50 times in different decks? I drew up a plan, buy some plywood and form them into fixable mats which could be removed after each deck, 1'' plywood, a few metal clamps and metal supports can do this, engineers in the house, what do you think? Is this possible?

This is how we do it! See your dream in reality. Its possible. The plywood can be reused 25 times.

spyder880:

I didnt talk because you all are on track, we need to see where the study fits as you asked, and Fhemmmy also is waiting for the next floor plan to ask the same question. I think he will make provisions for it.

I think we need to understand that I was not commissioned or paid to do the floor plan. Its a free design so doing the Ground floor is not my headache. If 3ppleT wants a redesign of his house plan, he will send me a mail as requested and I will do both floors. As for the study, give me a little time. But before then, 3ppleT you can assist by letting me know yr preference via email.

Fhemmmy:

Dont be too sure oh . . .  the kinda kids we have nowadays are too curious oh . . . .

Supported

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:11am On Jun 15, 2011
Dosu Ade:

These are the plans I have

Nice plans, but why is the staircase position not indicated on the second plan which I assume should be a ground floor plan?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Jun 15, 2011
@ brabus, confirm if those plywood are 1'' thick, what are the sizes of rods used for the supports beneath the plywood?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 5:25am On Jun 15, 2011
They are 1 in thick. The supporting pole can be 2in galvanized or thick pipe. I'll send you the pic of the pole as well. Lemme check my files!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Jun 15, 2011
brabus:

They are 1 in thick. The supporting pole can be 2in galvanized or thick pipe. I'll send you the pic of the pole as well. Lemme check my files!

This is good, I am thinking of producing these and shifting them from site to site as the need arises rather than buying 1x12x12 planks every time I do a deck. (when I grow as big as brabus grin) It will save time and money its more 'green' grin
Another thought is a custom made coat for columns and beams, also coatings for casting gate pillars. The building industry sure needs a lot of innovation.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 6:02am On Jun 15, 2011
As for me, I want to start producing ready-made lintels (2ft, 4ft, 6ft) So as to lower the cost of construction. remember you dont need carpenters, planks, welders anymore. Just buy it like you buy blocks grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DosuAde: 10:07am On Jun 15, 2011
@spyder880
Nice plans, but why is the staircase position not indicated on the second plan which I assume should be a ground floor plan?

Thanks spyder880, the existing plan was for a duplex
but I have since decided to build a bungalow instead.
So the staircase area is non existent on the new plan
because there will be no use for the staircase on a
bungalow. So that space is being added to the livingroom.

Please I need all to give any idea or useful tips based on
my new plan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.