Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,073 members, 7,890,530 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:34 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409978 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2011
Am Alone:

Size of my security house is 10ft by 9 or so! and its toilet is 4ft by 5ft
Peace

Like i said before, it takes a great person to care for others that much . . . . Be blessed, pal
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ok2(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2011
spyder880:

I dont think the quote is too high for that size of plot. The only area you should review is the price of cement. It is hanging around N1750 now.

Thanks a lot. From your entries in the past, I guess the price of the gates also need to be reviewed?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2011
ok.:

Thanks a lot. From your entries in the past, I guess the price of the gates also need to be reviewed?

Not necessarily, there are gates worth above that amount and there are those not worth it. I will show us some gates I collected its prices and pictures last week. Make sure its tall enough and that its the chequered plates of at least 2mm gauge that they used for the gate, if the gate will have a smaller side gate, then it will be above 96k if these specifications I mentioned are the same.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Felixv: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
great work guys, can you list how much the foundation and german floor costs, @Am Alone

i am doing the costing for a block of floor flats at badore,i have been adviced to think of 4inches, but the quotes are becoming outrageous,

details and measurements would follow,

thanks and good luck

Felix
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2011
@ Felixv

Bros, I want to say it depends on quite a lot of things.
My foundation too a total of 1000 blocks. it was 4 coaches higher than the ground
while the kitchen and store and dinning were all 5 coaches.
So my estimate is as follow:
1000 blocks of 9" were used for the foundation @ 135 each = 135,000
the blinding too 60 bags of cement. Because it was 9" thick.(I contacted one of my new bricklayer and he told me it
was too much. That it was supposed to be 4" thick at most. I just don't want to take chances. I hate cracks. I don't
want to build something that may begin to crack in the next few years. That was what I want. But for yours, i think 15bags
at most will do). Cement was bought @ 1730 then = 103,800 including transport.
Again 9" blocks consume more cement that 6" when doing the chalking. But here In Lagos
9" is recommended for foundation and all the external walls of the building @ least.
I digged the foundation for 16k it was 2ft deep.
Say a tipper of sharp sand and 10 ton of granite will do. And ofcourse you will still have lots of granite remaining.
An estimate is that the 1000 blocks were set for around 40k Bricklayer and labour.
Again around 15bags of cement was used to set all 1000 blocks. =  25950
I will give another estimate of 30k for the casting of my foundation. One it was very big. And because of my recommendation again.
It took them 3days to complete all around 6people work.
So a good estimate for the cost of my foundation is around = #310,750
Now because o the much casting around 20ton of granite was used for my foundation alone
and 20ton of sand was used as well, That is including the setting of the blocks. Sand - I bought it then 24k per 10 ton dredging sand
and the granite went for 130k per 30 ton. Now some modifications. The best price to get the sand is 22k and the granite is 120k.
But for the granite, I'm kind of okay with it as my granite is always ver full.
So a goo estimate for my foundation is  say 450k.
Now consider so much factors involved with mine and you will se that you can get it cheaper - hopefully sha!!!!
But surely it will be very much related to mine depending on the kind/size of house and the kind of materials you intend to use.
again note the labour cost!!!
Peace!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2011
My german floor used 80 bags of cement @ 1820 per bag = 145,600
2tippers of sharp sand. Dredging oo. The black sand is cheaper @ 24k each = 48k
Labour 73k The machine that mix and cast it. And it was 3inch thick.(if its going upstair, it need to be atleast 4" thick sha)
20 ton of grante @ around 80k
People that fetch the water from wel took 3k including cost of renting the drums were the water was stored.
Planks were used to guide the german floor were around 14pieces @ 750 per one then and transport like 2k5(i bought more than this sha)
Again I bought about 150 tons of laterite each 8k5 and it was packed for 1k7 each. Totaling: 153k
This was so because of the height of my foundation. And again the height of the kitchen and others.
The carpentwer wor shouldn't be more than 3k to guided the foundation. depending sha. Mine was like 6k. I must confess I paid 2much for that one.
Very few nails and you are set to go
Totaling: 439,600

Bros note that this is a private house. And because of the size. But if you like you may decide to use more sand and stones and less cement to save cost. Up to you sha(i no advice)!!! But for a commercial house, you may not spend this much. Again note my foundation took 1000 blocks. And that is to tell you that its very big. The foundation of 2block of 3bedroom flat will take just 1200. So i guess mine will be close!!!!!
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ekinmogun: 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2011
Am Alone, ps am new to this thread. Have you fenced your project? If yes, can you give me an idea of the cost of fencing a land in lekki 2 with the following dimensions. One side of 40.5 already fenced. The unfenced side is 40.7m while front and back measure 25m each. Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2011
spyder880:

Not necessarily, there are gates worth above that amount and there are those not worth it. I will show us some gates I collected its prices and pictures last week. Make sure its tall enough and that its the chequered plates of at least 2mm gauge that they used for the gate, if the gate will have a smaller side gate, then it will be above 96k if these specifications I mentioned are the same.

Counting from the left, 85k, 70k, 115k, above 12 ft high.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by remcoface: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
spyder880:

Great job you are doing.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Felixv: 12:05am On Jun 21, 2011
@Am alone,
i just realized that you are building a 4 bedroom bungalow in ikorodu,so the topology would be quite different,i am about to start building mine in badore and its a story building comprising 4 (3 bedroom flats) ,which needs a raft foundation including german floor,the height being proposed is 4inches.it would be nice if my guy can meet up with you with the plans for advice.my mail is jamesb_lawson@yahoo.com

send me a mail so i can send you details, thanks for your help, and good luck,

nb, your house looks really nice,

felix
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 12:50am On Jun 21, 2011
Best thread in the property section
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 1:19am On Jun 21, 2011
Am alone, can we see picture of your house? Spider has responded to your request. Pls, let's see picture of your gate if you have installed one. Cheers
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 1:21am On Jun 21, 2011
caseymoney:

Am alone, can we see picture of your house? Spider has responded to your request. Pls, let's see picture of your gate if you have installed one. Cheers

I seconded the motion
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:22am On Jun 21, 2011
I saw this house somewhere in Enugu and loved the color of its gate, the design and even the house itself. I will love to own this type of gate one day.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:40am On Jun 21, 2011
Felixv:

@Am alone,
i just realized that you are building a 4 bedroom bungalow in ikorodu,so the topology would be quite different,i am about to start building mine in badore and its a story building comprising 4 (3 bedroom flats) ,which needs a raft foundation including german floor,the height being proposed is 4inches.it would be nice if my guy can meet up with you with the plans for advice.my mail is jamesb_lawson@yahoo.com

send me a mail so i can send you details, thanks for your help, and good luck,

nb, your house looks really nice,

felix

Hahahahahaahah!!!! Bros no vex, I am too busy for that oo!!!
Sha I want to build a 4flat just like the one you mentioned. Though
I won't be needing a raft foundation. Supposing I've started it, I would have being
able to give you a clear picture. But bros, I want to advice you very very well.
One thing I've really learn on this thread is when building(expecially a commercial house)
you must try as much as possible to kick off irrelevant stuffs. My budget for this 4flat
is low. I want to do it with standard material(not inferior ones o). And again, the
place I'm really gonna spend money on will be only the foundation, pillars and decking. Because they
are the most important things of any house.
peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:45am On Jun 21, 2011
@Felix
Check out this drawing sent to me by the architect.
I rejected it because It is going to be more expensive to build
and since it won't carry a name more than 4flat, why pay more?
So i explain to him want i would prefer, then he sent me something new
Peace

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2011
The new one!!!!
I am telling you this because, I want you to know
that you may find out that you are spending more
and people will think you are throwing away money
but the truth may be because of the size of your project.
They may all be 4flat. But size matters. Again since its going
to be a commercial house, this things wont matter. Because
3bedroom go still be 3bedroom - lol!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Birch77: 8:06am On Jun 21, 2011
Am Alone:

@Birch77

Again hope you've seen my security house soak-away pit and the security house and its own toilet??
Now let me give you an estimate of that one as well.

The foundation of the security house and casting was done for 3k(though the side that link to the fence has already been dogged)
6" blocks was used for the security house all through and 9" blocks were used for its soakaway.
the 9" blocks 130 @ 140 was used and the 6" blocks over 300 @ 130 was used. = 57,200
The diggin of the security house soakaway cost me 7k excluding packing. And the size is 9ft long by 7ft wide by 7deep(though 3 feet of it was just 3 feet deep which was used for the main soak-away. The soakaway and septic tank were attached).
one bricklayer work 2days on the security house = 8k(bricklayer and labour)
Then came my new bricklayer. I paid him 5k for the casting and setting of all the blocks in the soakay(with labour)
then next day, he pastered the inside of the soakway and set more blocks on the security house(2k5 for him and 1k5 for labour)
Again I paid him 4k to take the security house to lintel level(please note that he was also working on the design of my fence which
took more time and stress. Then I paid him 10k to cast the soakway pit, the lintel of the security house(round the house) and the casting of the german floor of the security house and he still did some casting inside the house. Then lastly and extra 6k to finish the work. That is to take the security house to roofing level. Mine was 3coach after lintel and again out of that money, he completed the fence design.
an estimate of 15bags of cement was used. Again the carpenter that did the lintel around and the soakaway casting base collected 3k.

NET TOTAL: 131200
Like the other quote, i did not mention the amount of sand and gravel that was used because it is in small quantity.
Again because I've got woods @ hand no need to mention again.

This are my estimates. It may be less, and it may be more. I can't say much sha but it is suppose to relate i guess??

Am Alone,

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond in detail. The information will be very useful.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ok2(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2011
spyder880:

Many thanks Spyder880. I'm grateful
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Jomodupri(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2011
Highly inspired, kudos to you guys.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2011
Reporting and signing in for knowledge transfer from our building gurus . . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fidelo726: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2011
its great to see this thread going.
i think i should be rating this thread among the most educating
good work guys
keep it up.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^^ Second that
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 7:06pm On Jun 21, 2011
Fhemmmy, are you an observer or your also building? Please, advice the house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2011
@spyder:

the wrought on the gate is quite neat, but the gate wont go more than 30 years before it becomes a mess.
checkered plates are the best materials for gates and in most cases, this gates, outlive the property.

@house: i think we should all lobby seun to make spyder our new moderator. lawyer is useless, besides the fact he wont even sticky such a very useful thread like this.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2011
caseymoney:

Fhemmmy, are you an observer or your also building? Please, advice the house.

I am a learner for now . . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
@aasog1

I must inform you that lawyer is doing a great job here,
if I may ask you,how much are you paying him,dont be an
ungrateful person and have some little respect.

The word useless is a very strong word to be use on the person
of barrister mathew.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ekinmogun: 11:05pm On Jun 21, 2011
Am Alone, Spyder88, help with my request now !
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2011
ekinmogun:

Am Alone, Spyder88, help with my request now !

Actually I have not worked in Lagos before and not familiar with Lekki land conditions. I knew the question was not for me hence my silence since then.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:17am On Jun 22, 2011
ekinmogun:

Am Alone, ps am new to this thread. Have you fenced your project? If yes, can you give me an idea of the cost of fencing a land in lekki 2 with the following dimensions. One side of 40.5 already fenced. The unfenced side is 40.7m while front and back measure 25m each. Thanks

Bros first I don't know if your land is water logged o!!!
I just added up the total length of your unfenced land and it is equal to a full plot of land.
As in the unfenced part of your land is, 40.5m + 25m + 25m = 90.5m
While a standard plot of land of 60 by 120 is: 36m + 36m + 18m + 18m = 108m
Now let me start with the cost of fencing my land with is the 108m

I paid a total of 60k to complete the fence.
The digging and casting was 23k
Like 2400 blocks were used(because of the height) @ 130 of 6" = 320,000 (Price estimate. Since I mixed it with 9" block)
Then the mounting of the gate I paid 3k5(give away price).
The casting of the gate, i did it together with some other works sha. and paid 6k. or so. The other works were more than
the casting of the pillars o.
Lastly like 30 or 35bags were used. @ 2300(now cement don fall wella sha
Total: 478,500.
Granite and Sand not included as they were in small quantity. Like half tipper of sand and few granites sha.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:21am On Jun 22, 2011
^^^
Bros, but things around lekki dey dey more expensive o! From the cost of blocks to cement
to labour. And if it is water logged, I think you may need like 400k to 500k extra  shocked shocked
Yes o. Depending on the level of the water sha. If you are to cast like 1 or 2 feet high all round the plot
it will take lots of money. Put if the water is just in some areas, then like 100k or 150k more.
Anyways, the above quotation may be useless sha all depending on the topography of the land.
At the same time, it may realate gon!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jangdele: 6:42am On Jun 22, 2011
@ IM ALONE,SPYDER880,AASOSG and co.
Kindly give me a guide on cost/m2 for Building a Bungalow in these towns in Nigeria.Abuja and Lagos.Pls give costs for moderate,stardard and high quality finishings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.