Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,069 members, 7,890,522 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:21 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409977 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hasyak(m): 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2011
brabus:

This is how we do it! See your dream in reality. Its possible. The plywood can be reused 25 times.

@ Brabus, pls where can one get them to hire and whats the costing like?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2011
@Brabus . . is that at the project you are handling?
That is professionally laid and nice.
Keep it up.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2011
Dosu Ade:

@spyder880
Thanks spyder880, the existing plan was for a duplex
but I have since decided to build a bungalow instead.
So the staircase area is non existent on the new plan
because there will be no use for the staircase on a
bungalow. So that space is being added to the livingroom.

Please I need all to give any idea or useful tips based on
my new plan.

Okay, the only problem I have with the second plan is that those in the dining can have a view of the guest toilet, not so good to look at it while eating. Another complaint seems to be that the dining lies where the lobby was supposed to be, will this not obstruct movement in the house?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
spyder880:

Okay, the only problem I have with the second plan is that those in the dining can have a view of the guest toilet, not so good to look at it while eating. Another complaint seems to be that the dining lies where the lobby was supposed to be, will this not obstruct movement in the house?

You honestly know your onions . . . men, i duff my hat
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You honestly know your onions . . . men, i duff my hat

Thank you sir wink
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2011
I went out to my house and took some pictures of more removed wood and the look of the house now. I will paste this later this evening.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2011
spyder880
Great thread!! I salute you ooh!!!!

Please you never mentioned cost of the land and size of it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
spyder880:

I went out to my house and took some pictures of more removed wood and the look of the house now. I will paste this later this evening.

My eyes are itchy to see dem pix
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
GenBuhari:

spyder880
Great thread!! I salute you ooh!!!!

Please you never mentioned cost of the land and size of it.

My land is a standard 60ft x100ft plot and was bought for N600k around March 2010, but prices has since escalated around that area after I started developing the 'bush' Many people followed me and there are more than 7 houses going up around me now. Current price for a plot there costs N1.2-N1.5m now.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by maoyinlola: 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
Dosu Ade:

These are the plans I have
Dosu Ade, Spyder gave you a good critique, I can't imagine salivating over a good meal and hearing the "splattering" into the bathroom bowl next door!!!, i also want you to take a second look at the kitchen(pls, don't crucify me o, this is a layman's idea o), there is no cross-ventilation and for this kind of houseplan, you need a store, the kitchen can be extended beyond the level of the main lounge and bedroom so as to smuggle a small window by the bedroom walland the store can come somewhere to the wall of the dinning. You can imagine the cooking fume all around the dining and main lounge if the ventilation not rectified.
Just a layman's view pls.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2011
By the way, where's KUNTASH?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by opalu: 9:32pm On Jun 15, 2011
spyder880:

I think Spyder 880 is not totally right here.

1. There is no room in the house that doesnt have its own toilet/Bath. So the visitor's toilet will be one of the most idle rooms in the house. In say a month, Eating at the dining Table and usage of the Visitors' toilet may coincide say 1 time or none. After careful study of the configuration of the plan, it will be rather clumsy if u want to retain that configuration and u alter the Visitors' Toilet position.

2. The only thing u can do is to make that central Dinning position a kind of big lobby and take part of the Parlour for Dinning Area. But I think this is rather unwarranted.

3. Someone mentioned that there is no cross ventilation or sufficient air-inlet to the Kitchen.
I feel, the kitchen as it stands is in order. The window of the Kitchen is wide enough and to make it better, it flows directly to the dinning area via a standard door. So the circulation of air within the house is great.

4. As for the Movement within the house which the dinning seems to obstruct, I sort of agree with spyder 880 on that. In engineering, we design for the worst case scenerio. Imagine (God forbid) there is a fire outbreak and people must run out at the shortest possible time. Then one can fall into some chairs. Or if there is no NEPA and one has to locate his room.

To minimize this, ensure the Dinning Chairs are just 4 rather than the complete 6. For the 4 set of chairs, the table will equally be smaller. But come to think of it, the area of the dinning area is 10.32 meters sq while the area of a standard 6 chaired dinning is not up to 1/3 of that. So there is enough space to dance around with.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2011
opalu:

I think Spyder 880 is not totally right here.

1. There is no room in the house that doesnt have its own toilet/Bath. So the visitor's toilet will be one of the most idle rooms in the house. In say a month, Eating at the dining Table and usage of the Visitors' toilet may coincide say 1 time or none. After careful study of the configuration of the plan, it will be rather clumsy if u want to retain that configuration and u alter the Visitors' Toilet position.

2. The only thing u can do is to make that central Dinning position a kind of big lobby and take part of the Parlour for Dinning Area. But I think this is rather unwarranted.

3. Someone mentioned that there is no cross ventilation or sufficient air-inlet to the Kitchen.
I feel, the kitchen as it stands is in order. The window of the Kitchen is wide enough and to make it better, it flows directly to the dinning area via a standard door. So the circulation of air within the house is great.

4. As for the Movement within the house which the dinning seems to obstruct, I sort of agree with spyder 880 on that. In engineering, we design for the worst case scenerio. Imagine (God forbid) there is a fire outbreak and people must run out at the shortest possible time. Then one can fall into some chairs. Or if there is no NEPA and one has to locate his room.

To minimize this, ensure the Dinning Chairs are just 4 rather than the complete 6. For the 4 set of chairs, the table will equally be smaller. But come to think of it, the area of the dinning area is 10.32 meters sq while the area of a standard 6 chaired dinning is not up to 1/3 of that. So there is enough space to dance around with.

1. The toilet is for temporal visitors, those that will ask to use the loo after having a good chopping/drinking session in the sitting room or in the dinning and may want to use the toilet, so please explain what you do in that circumstance, tell them to endure till you finish eating? What about the smell?

4. Supposing the owner of the house has 4 kids? How could 6 persons dine on 4 chairs?

Please solve these issues for us as we are all still learning.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2011
brabus:

By the way, where's KUNTASH?

Good question, bros Kuntash show face na! grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
My men are still taking down the wood. Some pictures

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2011
spyder880:

My men are still taking down the wood. Some pictures

Nice job Spyder! I was looking to see if I can see the sq feet of the down floor of your house. Please how many sq feet is your german floor (length & breadth)?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
jerryben12:

Nice job Spyder! I was looking to see if I can see the sq feet of the down floor of your house. Please how many sq feet is your german floor (length & breadth)?

That floor is of irregular shape, not a full rectangle, but the length is about 40ft while the width is only 32ft.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 3:36am On Jun 16, 2011
Moer pixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by opalu: 8:55am On Jun 16, 2011
spyder880:

1. The toilet is for temporal visitors, those that will ask to use the loo after having a good chopping/drinking session in the sitting room or in the dinning and may want to use the toilet, so please explain what you do in that circumstance, tell them to endure till you finish eating? What about the smell?
4. Supposing the owner of the house has 4 kids? How could 6 persons dine on 4 chairs?
Please solve these issues for us as we are all still learning.

* From my Attached drawing 1, note that the total space between the door of the said Visitor's Toilet to the right end of the Dinning room is a wooping 4.65m.
What this mean is that no matter the volumes of shi.t downloaded at the visitors toilet, with the door closed, an eating person will not smell or even hear.

* From the second drawing, I've fixed the dinning table in the most apropriate corner. So it is clear that there is ample space to walk and even run around.

But I like your concrete finishing. Esp the bottom of your slab. No obnoxious exposure of reinforcements after the removal of formworks.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atasteve: 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2011
@Spyder880, your suspended floor came out so nice. More grease to your elbow and of course more pix.

@Am alone, my broda pix na. smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atasteve: 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2011
@brabus, pls are these plywood decking planks available for rest in Lagos and how much do they go for as per m2?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Analytical(m): 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2011
Great thread everybody!  I have learnt a lot.  Kudos to you guys.

On Dosu_Ade's plan, I think a little adjustment can solve the dining/visitor's toilet problem by not making the toilet open directly to the dining as shown below:

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
What is the price of cement now in Lagos?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by pss: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
Cement price : N1600.00 - N1900.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fidelo726: 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2011
Analytical:

Great thread everybody!  I have learnt a lot.  Kudos to you guys.

On Dosu_Ade's plan, I think a little adjustment can solve the dining/visitor's toilet problem by not making the toilet open directly to the dining as shown below:

That is the best modification possible.
that shields the toilet entrance away from the dinning.
the thought of a toilet  close by as you dine is repulsive.
thank you for being analytical.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2011
pss:

Cement price  : N1600.00 - N1900.00

Please where can one get it for N1600? Even for N1700?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2011
jerryben12:

Spyder - Please what is the length and breadth of your house?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2011
jerryben12:

Spyder - Please what is the length and breadth of your house?

spyder880:

That floor is of irregular shape, not a full rectangle, but the length is about 40ft while the width is only 32ft.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 12:31am On Jun 17, 2011
Still loving the thread
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 4:48am On Jun 17, 2011
spyder880:

Thank you sir!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ok2(m): 7:55am On Jun 17, 2011
My brothers and sisters, wonderful job you are doing here. I have been following with great interest. Spyder880, looks as if I’ve found in you the person to carry my village project in the East (Anambra).
Before then, everybody please contribute, I recently bought the land below in the outskirts of Abuja. I have put down the dimension and what I’ve been given as the estimate to finish the walling. Please let me know what you think, ie how reasonable? Thank you very much.

They are two pieces of land, adjacent to each other, each measuring  1200sq meters . One of them  is fully walled without a gate, while  the second one is fully walled on one side, 3 blocks above DPC on two sides with only the front without wall.

Estimate given is as follows:
WORK INVOLVED
1. 2 IRON GATES, MOUNTING OF GATES WITH CONCRETE PILLARS, BLOCKWORK ONE OF THE FRONT WALLS.

1. 2 NOS. 4m wide sliding gate,  N96,000, 00 each,        192.000.00

2. Excavations/concrete blinding,        71,000.00
3. Block work,         168,000.00
4. 4nos  concrete collumns,        32,000.00
5.  Transport/sunderies,        15,000.00
6,  Water,      5,000.00

TOTAL=                            483,500.00

I was further told that  this estimate was done when a bag os cement was  N1,650.00 but it is now N2,000.00 and that the implication is that the estimate will be higher.
Also, that if I want to complete the perimetry wall, about N250,000.00 more will be needed.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by oladele007: 10:39am On Jun 17, 2011
hi everybody hope u are all enjoying this thread, thanks to Spyder and Co.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.