Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,113 members, 7,916,251 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:54 PM

Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day (56557 Views)

VIDEO: President-elect Bola Tinubu Breaks Fast (iftar) With Family And Friends I / Oyetola Submitting Governorship Election Petition In The Tribunal In Osogbo / EndSARS: Omokri’s Petition Against Buhari Removed From Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by anonimi: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
Cardinalpoint:
This is not the way to catch Tinubu. The man is 3 steps ahead of these people.

Please what is the way to catch the thief
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by PVision2020(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
amakadlite:
madam are you talking about 5million that my small hand bag can swallow enough and still have space? do you know how much a
bullion van can carry even if it is the lowest denomination? I don't know what you people just take others for.
And how are you sure of the content of the bullion van?
And let's assume the vans contained cash, what law prohibits that?
Bullion van companies are like normal haulage company you can contract to move your money around, as a fuel station manager, bullion van comes once in a week to pick the week sales from the vault with Mobile police men, same applies to big eateries, malls, lounges and hotels etc. The owner of the company can decide to take his money home as there is no law that mandates you saving in banks.
There are lots of Business men that have hundreds of millions cash in their house.

Tinubu is definitely not a saints but the bullion van allegation is just petty.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by hajimosho(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by BeardedMeat(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

How exactly did he know the contents of the Bullion van

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Personal cash withdrawal isn't Cash Payment

Mumu omokirikiri thinks the scenario is like

EFCC officers: knock knock Budillion Gateman open up the gate

Gate man, DSS and Police details: welcome Mr EFCC

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove in to Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

they hate to see Omo Odua , Omoluabi shine

119 zombies liked your post grin

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by yemex04(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=rescuenaija post=93067534]Let me quote from the link you provided:

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 makes it ILLEGAL for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds N5m (Five Million Naira). This means that every cash transaction over N5m must be done via a financial institution.

Perhaps you did not read your own link. I know Bola Tinubu is paying you. But love Nigeria enough not to allow alleged criminals determine your future.

If indeed the bullion vans contained money,Are you sure he has not withdrawn it from a Bank(financial institution)?
The law says "must be done via a financial institution". No crime is committed if the cash is withdrawn from a Bank.

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by nickxtra(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove in to Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

In the light of the above, Tinubu can simple quote the amount in the Bullion van to below the amount allowed by the money laundry act

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by authority2006(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Way to go...

Thank God for people like ..

Reno Omokri.

There's still hope for Nigeria..

Even though we all know it's..

Mission impossible..

grin grin grin

Reno omokri who served under PDP is your hope for Nigeria? That's new! If a PDP party member is calling for prosecution of someone, shouldn't we be laughing?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by adedehinbo(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
Oracleforce:

Omokri playing partisan politics....i pray EFCC should rise up to this allegations and shame omokri..
Probably he has forgotten so soon....that during Jonathan Era there are massive fraud where the then minister of petroleum diazanni is still in self-exile up til now...some have returned there stolen money to the government coffer...
Probably he has forgotten that Orji Kalu has been vindicated by the competent court despite the heavy indictment...if common Orji Kalu will be free asap how much more....the Jagaban of Africa. .
I know this.is a calculated attempt in Nyamiri kingdom to tarnish the reputation of the Yoruba political stalwart....and all of you will fail....
Nyamiri people will not rule this country again...

Tueh.....e ni kuure...
hahahaha very funny
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by ORIAYO70(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
celinajumbo11:
The petition urging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate a former Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has reached 10,000 signatures in just one day. This is a record, as no political petition on Nigeria has reached such numbers in so short a period of time.

The petition is specifically calling on the EFCC to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011,

by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that on the eve of the 2019 Presidential elections, drone imagery showed

bullion vans ferrying suspected monies into Mr. Tinubu’s Bourdilon residence. The next day, in an interview with Channel Television’s Seun Okinbaloye, Mr. Tinubu was asked “the allegations are that those bullion vans carry

money or ballots”, before he could finish asking his question, Mr. Tinubu interjected and said “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government...even if I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache?”

However, the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Yet, 18 months after this incident, Mr. Tinubu has not been investigated by the EFCC, which has tried others for lesser malfeasances.

The petition started by Reno Omokri, a
bestselling author and activist, seeks to com
pel the EFCC to fulfil its constitutional responsibilities.

By virtue of the Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004), the law mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes. The Commission is

empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalise economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes.

Reno Omokri
Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of th

e Year, 2019.

Source link: https://web.facebook.com/115200

8079/posts/10222537868012741/?

d=n&_rdc=1&_rdr

Yeyekiri remove the plank in ur region eyes before you see clearly to remove others.

Mumukiri, how many SS, govnr have you openly criticize

5 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Superjazz: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

Go back re-read your statements.read it again over three times.and nod your head in either acknowledgment or remorse.if u think there is nothing wrong in this shambolic defence of yours,then u are the perfect mordern day example of why Nigeria retrogress daily
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by ThatFairGuy: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
ScotMisile:
See the way SW is defending corruption, can we all now see that Yoruba is the problem with Nigeria?
But you're defending Diezani who looted our money OPENLY. You rejoice when Uzor kalu was released from prison.
YOU'RE A BIGOTED HYPOCRITE

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

Hypocrite Buhari's surporter. Like Buhari like you. Stop reasoning like your gods.

I know your opinion would change 180° if it were Wike or Fayose. Nigeria can only get worse with majority of the citizens having unsound mind like you. When are we going to start having majority wise citizens in this country? I pity my country.

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by kolade560: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2020
Reno, the hypocritic self acclaimed tormentor. In as much as I hate and rebuke corruption, I want to know the number of times Reno has raised the alarm GEJ administration and his bandwagon thieves for investigation and prosecution
Does it mean he's blind to all those allegations that has since been in the public space?
Reno , its ur handwriting but we know the persons behind this. You are renowned hypocrite. and tribal bigot.

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by ScotMisile: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

But you're defending Diezani who looted our money OPENLY. You rejoice when Uzor kalu was released from prison.
YOU'RE A BIGOT HYPOCRITE
Will you keep kwayet?? I can't support a thief....if you like come from anywhere....I won't support you......Oleeeeee
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Ibadanboi123: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
Fellow Nigerians, Reno does this for a living.
You all don't count when it comes to naija politics
celinajumbo11:
The petition urging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate a former Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has reached 10,000 signatures in just one day. This is a record, as no political petition on Nigeria has reached such numbers in so short a period of time.

The petition is specifically calling on the EFCC to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011, by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that on the eve of the 2019 Presidential elections, drone imagery showed bullion vans ferrying suspected monies into Mr. Tinubu’s Bourdilon residence. The next day, in an interview with Channel Television’s Seun Okinbaloye, Mr. Tinubu was asked “the allegations are that those bullion vans carry money or ballots”, before he could finish asking his question, Mr. Tinubu interjected and said “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government...even if I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache?”

However, the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Yet, 18 months after this incident, Mr. Tinubu has not been investigated by the EFCC, which has tried others for lesser malfeasances.

The petition started by Reno Omokri, a bestselling author and activist, seeks to compel the EFCC to fulfil its constitutional responsibilities.

By virtue of the Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004), the law mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes. The Commission is empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalise economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes.

Reno Omokri
Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Source link: https://web.facebook.com/1152008079/posts/10222537868012741/?d=n&_rdc=1&_rdr
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by SaintLucia: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
Maybe 10,000 Biafra Igbo Jews grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by amakadlite(f): 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
PVision2020:

And how are you sure of the content of the bullion van?
what are the uses of bullion vans and what were two bullion vans doing at the resident of the chairperson of the ruling party on the eve of election? please educate me

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by emenezer(m): 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
The Northern game... Cos how on earth will you allow a bullion van to enter your house on the eve of a presidential election, knowing fully we'll that you have ambitions for the same seat.... I feel Tinubu got played big time.... Thought he was smart enough

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:
What of Diazeni that bought a Yatch?
Hypocrites!
Go and drag her from the country she ran to first.

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

A typical retarded arse licker spotted here

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by adioolayi(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
If the #5Million is in #50 notes...will Bullion van be required If it is in #5 notes, will Bullion van be required
Just thinking grin grin
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
kolade560:
Reno, the hypocritic self acclaimed tormentor. In as much as I hate and rebuke corruption, I want to know the number of times Reno has raised the alarm GEJ administration and his bandwagon thieves for investigation and prosecution
Does it mean he's blind to all those allegations that has since been in the public space?
Reno , its ur handwriting but we know the persons behind this. You are renowned hypocrite. and tribal bigot.
Leave am. All this petition thing na scam, unless buhari wants to fvck tinubu up big time nothing is going to happen.

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by AmazingELixir: 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2020
[[s]quote author=techmo post=93065278] cool

Mumu omokirikiri

[/quote][/s]

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2020
DamZik:

Repent and give your life to Jesus.

Why?
Firstly,my life is in Jesus' hands
Also,i am completely truthful with everything you read
You can check the app on playstore
And also check Natrium wallet
The app has a 4.7rating

Remember
Thank me later
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by kolade560: 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

don't mind them, na jealousy they worry them. awon oloshi gbogbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by legba1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
Who are the 10000 peeps that signed the petition... I sure can guess.... Renos fixation on Tinubu matter can really be traced back to his principals trashing in 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by techmo(m): 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
kolade560:

don't mind them, na jealousy they worry them. awon oloshi gbogbo

Dey no say we pass dem Na why dem dey try pull us down

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by od501: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
Igbos sign petition against Tinubu. Let's be specific here cheesy

No, it is the reverse and I can tell you why.

You see the law is being misunderstood by urchins like you cheesy

I have personally moved money worth more than #50million in cash (money isn't mine though) but as long as the money is withdrawn under a business name, then there's no law against you.

Tinubu owns more that 10 companies and you wouldn't be dumb to expect him to make such a heavy transaction using his personal account.

Baba sorry oo...just curious, but are you insinuating that a whole Reno (a reputable lawyer) is ignorant of these scenario before embarking on such mission? Just curious oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad: The G5 Governors Gave Us A Fantastic Offer, We Will Work Together / Caption This Picture Of Peter Obi And Baba-Ahmed Yusuf Datti / President Buhari With His Daughter Safina Buhari, Husband At Abuja House, London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.