Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,958 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day (56350 Views)

VIDEO: President-elect Bola Tinubu Breaks Fast (iftar) With Family And Friends I / Oyetola Submitting Governorship Election Petition In The Tribunal In Osogbo / EndSARS: Omokri’s Petition Against Buhari Removed From Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Yus2020: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
Every Nigerian know that bola ole Ahmed Tunibu is thief those who he paid to defend him on social medias platform are fools every response person should not only think about himself or herself but the next generation stupid people everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Topmaike007(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
rescuenaija:
Simple English:

A cash payment is any payment in cash, for goods and services.

By ferrying in money into his compound on the eve of the Presidential elections, what was Tinubu doing?

Is his house a bank?

My dear, relax by playing ‘Back to Life, Back to Reality’ by Soul II Soul

na your money?

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Adabite(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
Join thousands of Nigerians to demand for justice. The rule of law is for all with no exception. http://chng.it/zmMctFd9n7
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Anago55: 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
I should have looked up your history before engaging you in the first place. Didnt know I was dealing with a lowlife and an ethnic bigot who doesnt even deserve a slit second of my attention.

You've henceforth been placed right where you belong.

Never again.
. onye oshi
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by slowice(m): 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
In my country every tribe defends their own thief and condemn that of other tribes..... Its only sad that youths (so called leaders of tomorrow) are the ones defending the old criminals that have done nothing but loot dry our common wealth because of "he's my tribes man" mentality.

Same way northerners defended and re still defending (in some cases) boko haram, fulani herdsmen etc and what did we get from that... More destruction till date

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by GTkester: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
badoh:
I can see that Tinubu is the headache of the Easterners probably a stumbling block to their presidential aspirations. See, let me tell you, the more you people try to bring down tinubu, the more yoruba's that even hate him will begin to like him. Somebody that invested his time, energy, finance and other resources to build a party that merge with other parties to become APC and you people think you can use every available means to bring him down, it'll not work for you. Go to PDP and slug it out with Atiku for the ticket instead of thinking APC will give you ticket on a platter of gold.

Cry me an ocean! Tinubu doesn't even matter to us.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by techmo(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
I should have looked up your history before engaging you in the first place. Didnt know I was dealing with a lowlife and an ethnic bigot who doesnt even deserve a slit second of my attention.

You've henceforth been placed right where you belong.

Never again.

Boss don't waste your time replying that thing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by danilmo: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2020
Trentee:

I guess they should divide Nigeria and make Tinubu a president for life in the Southwest. And for your information, I’m not an Igbo like you assumed. With people like you, Nigeria will continue to be a divided entity. I believe you have better politicians like Osinbajo to project from your region. Stop supporting corruption

Tinubu isn't corrupt bro. if u av charge against him bring it forward and convict him. leave all this beer parlor guess.

show me a better person in Nigeria that has balls and can't be pushed anyhow like Tinubu.

u're igbo or not, u and I know that whoever is antiTinubu is assumed to b igbo. igbo made it so ND nobody cautioned them wen they started. more of tribal war . l

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by bakobenjamin198: 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Trentee:

I guess they should divide Nigeria and make Tinubu a president for life in the Southwest. And for your information, I’m not an Igbo like you assumed. With people like you, Nigeria will continue to be a divided entity. I believe you have better politicians like Osinbajo to project from your region. Stop supporting corruption
Mr. Man, you need to stop wasting your saliva on people like this, they are irredeemable. When you go to the South West, they see Tinubu as a "god," they see him as they best thing that has ever happened to the Yoruba race and nothing to be compared to him. So, there is nothing you can do to change their mindset.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by biggie73(m): 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Stop wasting your time.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Topmaike007(m): 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
amakadlite:
madam are you talking about 5million that my small hand bag can swallow enough and still have space? do you know how much a
bullion van can carry even if it is the lowest denomination? I don't know what you people just take others for.
have you ever witnessed how they reload ATM?

Money they carry in that van are not always upto 5mil cos I have someone that does it?

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Starmario(m): 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

You are the bigger mumu here... there is a reason why it is investigation and not arrest

The main reason why we still have politicians do the rubbish they do is because we have idiots like you that worship them....

Such a pity
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Tokenism: 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Tinubu today, tinubu tomorrow. Make una leave this guy alone na. Haba!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by akins088(m): 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
How much do u cartoon a picture and framing
Praktikals:
wink
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by GamalNasser: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

How exactly did he know the contents of the Bullion van

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Personal cash withdrawal isn't Cash Payment

Mumu omokirikiri thinks the scenario is like

EFCC officers: knock knock Budillion Gateman open up the gate

Gate man, DSS and Police details: welcome Mr EFCC

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove into Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels, WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

they hate to see Omo Odua , Omoluabi shine

I am anti Tinubu but you made sense So I gave u a like ..there was" no caught" in the billion van thing ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by BabaO2: 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
ladididanlami:
This is the way to go for corruption to be fought to a standstill...
No one is above the law.

EFCC must prosecute Tinubu for such money laundering act.
Tinubu's bullion van is not known to court, is it a crime one must be rich?
Why EFCC agitation not the other way round on Jonathan that led the most corrupt government. Why madueke has been on self exile since 2015?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Feadalezchicken: 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
celinajumbo11:
The petition urging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate a former Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has reached 10,000 signatures in just one day. This is a record, as no political petition on Nigeria has reached such numbers in so short a period of time.

The petition is specifically calling on the EFCC to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011, by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that on the eve of the 2019 Presidential elections, drone imagery showed bullion vans ferrying suspected monies into Mr. Tinubu’s Bourdilon residence. The next day, in an interview with Channel Television’s Seun Okinbaloye, Mr. Tinubu was asked “the allegations are that those bullion vans carry money or ballots”, before he could finish asking his question, Mr. Tinubu interjected and said “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government...even if I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache?”

However, the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Yet, 18 months after this incident, Mr. Tinubu has not been investigated by the EFCC, which has tried others for lesser malfeasances.

The petition started by Reno Omokri, a bestselling author and activist, seeks to compel the EFCC to fulfil its constitutional responsibilities.

By virtue of the Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004), the law mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes. The Commission is empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalise economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes.

Reno Omokri
Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Source link: https://web.facebook.com/1152008079/posts/10222537868012741/?d=n&_rdc=1&_rdr
let mr omokri enter Nigeria and submit the petition naa grin
celinajumbo11:
The petition urging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate a former Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has reached 10,000 signatures in just one day. This is a record, as no political petition on Nigeria has reached such numbers in so short a period of time.

The petition is specifically calling on the EFCC to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011, by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that on the eve of the 2019 Presidential elections, drone imagery showed bullion vans ferrying suspected monies into Mr. Tinubu’s Bourdilon residence. The next day, in an interview with Channel Television’s Seun Okinbaloye, Mr. Tinubu was asked “the allegations are that those bullion vans carry money or ballots”, before he could finish asking his question, Mr. Tinubu interjected and said “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government...even if I have money to spend in my premises, what’s your headache?”

However, the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Yet, 18 months after this incident, Mr. Tinubu has not been investigated by the EFCC, which has tried others for lesser malfeasances.

The petition started by Reno Omokri, a bestselling author and activist, seeks to compel the EFCC to fulfil its constitutional responsibilities.

By virtue of the Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004), the law mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes. The Commission is empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalise economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes.

Reno Omokri
Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Source link: https://web.facebook.com/1152008079/posts/10222537868012741/?d=n&_rdc=1&_rdr
let mr omokri enter Nigeria and submit the petition naa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Topsic70: 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:

Show us the bundles of 1k lol
Some ppl sha!
They will make (bogus) accusations and when u ask them to support it with proofs, will instead turn around to ask u urself to provide proofs why their accusations aren't false.
Which kain wahala be ds?

When push comes to shove now, they be tendering yeye apologies upandan!
grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by johnson8213: 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
I said it some days ago that the youths are the problems of this country. How can a reasonable young mind be supporting Tinubu on this, all because of political affiliation?

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by jubrilELsudan: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
THIS OMOKRIKA IS JUST VERY STUPID.

HOW DO YOU PROVE THE CONTENTS OF THE VAN TO BE CASH AND IT'S QUANTITY?

WHO WAS THERE TO COUNT THE MONEY AND WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

IS IT A CRIME FOR BULLION VANS TO ENTER INTO HIS COMPOUND OR MY COMPOUND?

WHERE IS IT IN THE WORLD THAT ITS PROHIBITED AND PROVEN THAT A BULLION VAN IS ONLY ALLOWED TO CARRY MONEY?

TINUBU CAN SAY UNDER OATH IN COURT THAT THE CONTENTS OF THE BULLION VANS WAS GOLD, DIAMONDS AND EXPENSIVE RARE MASTERPIECE PAINTINGS. IS IT A CRIME FOR HIM TO HAVE THESE THINGS?

CORONA FALL INSIDE YOUR ANUS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by damosky12(m): 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:

Now I get your problem clearly

It's simply English

Cash Payment , cash transaction VS Cash Withdrawal

Cash Payment ;
A cash payment is bills or coins paid by the recipient of goods or services to the provider. It can also involve a payment within a business to employees in compensation for their hours worked, or to repay them for minor expenditures that are too small to be routed through the accounts payable system

What this means is Tinubu can't buy products and services or make payment exceeding 5 million without notifying financial authorities

When ? where ? And how ? did Tinubu make a " cash payment" exceeding 5 million.. payment to who ? for what ? any evidence to back such claims

You accuse someone of not understanding English language when the joke as actually on you!

This is lucid enough:

"This means that EVERY CASH TRANSACTION over N5m must be done via a financial institution."

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Rapture4real(m): 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///EPlcdztTx045Eg5hT3q61r

I know many people don't really understand all these noise about Cryptocurrency, particularly Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Most people don't understand what is making Bitcoin and Ethereum to boom the way they are currently. And why they keep appreciating in value.

Well, I have a way out for you... I'll be revealing this and also teach you the various ways to invest in crypto currency (Ethereum) tonight by 8pm.

Class is totally free!
*LEBURA L. DUGBOR (HOST)*
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by biomedics(m): 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove into Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels, WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Topsic70: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2020
jubrilELsudan:
THIS OMOKRIKA IS JUST VERY STUPID.

HOW DO YOU PROVE THE CONTENTS OF THE VAN TO BE CASH AND IT'S QUANTITY?

WHO WAS THERE TO COUNT THE MONEY AND WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

IS IT A CRIME FOR BULLION VANS TO ENTER INTO HIS COMPOUND OR MY COMPOUND?

WHERE IS IT IN THE WORLD THAT ITS PROHIBITED AND PROVEN THAT A BULLION VAN IS ONLY ALLOWED TO CARRY MONEY?

TINUBU CAN SAY UNDER OATH IN COURT THAT THE CONTENTS OF THE BULLION VANS WAS GOLD, DIAMONDS AND EXPENSIVE RARE MASTERPIECE PAINTINGS. IS IT A CRIME FOR HIM TO HAVE THESE THINGS?

CORONA FALL INSIDE YOUR ANUS.

wellmax:

Thrash. This won't fly anywhere.

Did Tinubu withdraw the money (which you don't even know the value yet) as an individual or in the name of his companies?
Did he pay anyone cash in excess of N5M.
If you answer in the affirmative, do you have proofs. Lets leave sentiments aside and argue this matter on the basis of fairness.
These are questions that you must ask before signing any yeye petition.
What concerns ipob with proofs biko? grin
They will tell u (d accused) to provide proofs why their (bogus) accusations aren't true.

If u reason their mata, u go juss give ursef migraine.
Their mata is supposed to be pinned to d 'jokes' section, walahi! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by OfficialAPCNig: 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

Go and read the laundry prohibition act and stop disgracing yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by omenka(m): 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
Smh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Letmehearword: 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
Thank you Mr Reno even though it's totally obvious that it's a mission impossible to prove him on the basis of Vans entering his compound, it wasn't ascertained the true content of the van albeit no bank reported withdrawals that exceeded the financial law position.

That been said unless Nigerian youths purge themselves of imbibed religious and ethnic sentiments Nigeria will never move forward, Sowore's revolution now was not accepted by our suffering youths instead they will come online and berate those fighting for their emancipation, irrespective of Political, ethnic or Religious lining let's it's time to rise up like the Reno Omokri's and Sowore of this world using our cheap daily daily data subscription and say enough is a enough. Support the petition #probetinubunow
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by sweetjohn(m): 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
olaboy33:
Exercise in futility.

If a counter petition is filed, 100,000 will sign in a day.

That's how much we love Asiwaju BAT.
You live a criminal that have been eating f I'm your Treasury. Typical black man! Ole!
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by tolguy(m): 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
iyatrustee:
EFCC act does not make accepting or making cash deposit of N5million for individuals or N10million for a corporate body a crime. It only mandates the bank to report any such transaction to Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit as a suspiscious transaction.

Banks and other non bank financial institution render this returns weekly so chances are these bullion transaction has been reported and investigated already.

Signing a petition is as important as having the right basis for the petition.

A N100k transaction can be reported if in the eyes of the bank, it is an unusual transaction just like a N100mil transaction wont raise any red flags if the account is used to such huge amounts.
thanks for exposing their nonsense

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by pseudaria: 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

There is nothing tribalistic about the petition, it is the money of hardworking Lagos taxpayers that is being laundered, but because you are a very big FOOL and an ethnic bigot that's why you reason dust. I followed up via Twitter and it was mostly yorubas who were commenting that they signed the petition.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by pseudaria: 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
winkmart:
Jobless people. Is it by petition

I just signed the petition and I have a better job than you so shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Corper Begs Senator Ashafa N100,000, See The Reply He Got / Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It / Eye Witness Account Of The BRT/Military Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.