Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,342 members, 7,888,086 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:02 PM

Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day (56400 Views)

VIDEO: President-elect Bola Tinubu Breaks Fast (iftar) With Family And Friends I / Oyetola Submitting Governorship Election Petition In The Tribunal In Osogbo / EndSARS: Omokri’s Petition Against Buhari Removed From Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by kolade560: 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:

Dey no say we pass dem Na why dem dey try pull us down
yes na
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Selfless1: 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
Do you need to learn any skill?
I can help you open Lynda premium account for a token...
You dont have to pay huge money to learn.
Get your Upwork account approved for just a token
Message me on Whatsapp https:///2348166277765
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by mussylv: 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
I OLSO SIGN THE PETTITION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Zetty177x: 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Of course, EDO no be Lagos in a million years.

Yeah...u won't wake up in Edo @ 4am and get home at 1am....Edo nor be Lagos. U won't sleep under the bridge ..yeah Edo nor be Lagos...u won't live near smelling gutters..Edo nor be Lagos. Ur car won't break down and miscreants will beat u on top of it.. yeah Edo nor be Lagos in a million years

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
SegFault:

Go and drag her from the country she ran to first.

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by omenka(m): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
MsAllison:

omenka you're contradicting yourself
you're here preaching how youths are glorifying corrupt politicians but here you are trying to defend same corrupt politician or can you swear with your life that Tinubu is not as corrupt or even more than an average politician in Nigeria?
you see your problem and other youths that claims to be against bad politicians.
fact is that an average youth is wired with this "my thief is more holier than yours" when it comes to supporting politicians.
You're not excluded.
with this mindset among the youths
I doubt the salvation of this country.
What part of what I wrote suggests I support any criminal?

Reno himself is a criminal and we recently had revelations about big crooks from his backyard. When we turn the issue of corruption into a political one, the last think we should expect is any progress in terms of anticorruption crusade.

Was Reno deaf and dumb over the NDDC malfeasance? Do you see me praising Buhari, Tinubu or anyone else for that matter, when it comes to fighting corruption? Haven't I on several occassions criticized Buhari and APC over their failures in the fight against corruption and insecurity? Do you see pdp supporters like Reno or the rest of the clan on nairaland attempt the same?

What has Reno ever said about Alison Madueke?

It is foolhardy expecting any gains to be made in this regard if we keep thinking our searchlights can only be beamed on those we consider our political rivals.

Reno is a fvkcing joke. Corruption we must fight, yes, but not as advocated by such a sleazy character.

11 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Bimpe29: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
Petition in futility
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

How exactly did he know the contents of the Bullion van

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

Personal cash withdrawal isn't Cash Payment

Mumu omokirikiri thinks the scenario is like

EFCC officers: knock knock Budillion Gateman open up the gate

Gate man, DSS and Police details: welcome Mr EFCC

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove in to Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

they hate to see Omo Odua , Omoluabi shine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by danilmo: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
Trentee:

On election eve. I’m highly disappointed with some of you that are defending him. Stop being bias because he is from your tribe. These politicians are benefiting more when the people are divided by ethnicity and tribalism. Tinubu should be probed, period!!!

He's from my tribe. Good or bad the way u igbo guys always attack him has drawn internal tribal Sympathy to him even from his enemy and we will support him if not for anything but to shame u guys..

Everyday u guys look for a way to bring him down political, most probably due to jealousy. indirectly an average Yoruba man even his own enemy has the mentality that the downfall of Tinubu is a slap to Yoruba race, so we have no choice than to support him. counterproductive.
Believe me after this allegations, if he wins not found guilty, haaa u guys have helped us sell Tinubu to the world.

U guys even know Tinubu is a brilliant accountant na ND he knows the rule of Mony laundering. Chinedu wey no go school want to teach Tinubu how to ferry money. grin

5 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by emmnprince(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
akinsmyk:
It's a big joke and waste of time to think EFCC will investigate and prosecute Tinubu. They are one, the same party, same government. Don't be surprised that Tinubu might be indirectly calling some shots in the agency.

EFCC may save face and investigate Tinubu and says he's innocent, what about that? Who in that EFCC leadership does Tinubu not know about their corrupt practices too.

Can't you guys just see that you're wasting your time? Tinubu is like a smuggler that wants to smuggle in rice and frozen foods into the country but had settled all ogas at the top and has gotten a pass. What else do you want the ogas to investigate?

All of them are corrupt and they all know their hidden secrets and atrocities. We masses are just wasting our time.

Revolution, restructuring or we should just divide the country will be a new beginning. Until then, Nigeria is far from getting better

You made a valid point!

But Nigerians can't just fold their hands and expect things to happen! We have relaxed enough! We have allowed these corrupt people strengthened their corrupt practices to the extent corrupt institutions established to investigate financial misappropriation and crimes have been bought over/influenced by these people (with their men in place)! etc.

What you suggested: revolution, restructuring or dividing Nigeria, cannot happen in a day. Events and activities like this build up the tension that will lead to one of the three events!

1 Like

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Onepeople: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
It will be easier for Buhari to rule for another tenure than Thieftinubu ruling Nigeria as president. The ealier his miscreants supporters understand this the better for them.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Tunar18(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
I really commend you English teacher.

I didn't want to contribute to this discussion because some miscreants who lack simple comprehension would start hurling Insults.

SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE MONEY LAUNDERING ACT

No Individual cash payment or cash transaction should exceed 5 million otherwise done via financial Institution

It's very simple, the person in question has only dealt with a financial Institution which is also bound to notify CBN/EFCC of any suspected fraudulent transaction. He didn't do any cash payment or cash transaction exceeding the said amount with any other Individual. How has he violated the Law?

I'm not sure any part of the act mentioned no INDIVIDUAL SHOULD HOLD CASH EXCEEDING 5MILLION

techmo:

Now I get your problem clearly

It's simply English

Cash Payment , cash transaction VS Cash Withdrawal

Cash Payment ;
A cash payment is bills or coins paid by the recipient of goods or services to the provider. It can also involve a payment within a business to employees in compensation for their hours worked, or to repay them for minor expenditures that are too small to be routed through the accounts payable system

What this means is Tinubu can't buy products and services or make payment exceeding 5 million without notifying financial authorities

When ? where ? And how ? did Tinubu make a " cash payment" exceeding 5 million.. payment to who ? for what ? any evidence to back such claims

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by payloader(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
olaboy33:
Exercise in futility.

If a counter petition is filed, 100,000 will sign in a day.

That's how much we love Asiwaju BAT.
Why don't you start a counter petition in favour of Tinubu? Let's see how far it will go.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (and the amendment to the Act in 2012) makes it a crime for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds ₦5 million.

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove into Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels, WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

SHUT UP!!!

ERIAKO!!!
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by VirginSearcher(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
The pressure and dislike is much, it will be hard for Tinubu to win election in Nigeria else they rigged him in
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by danilmo: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2020
Onepeople:
It will be easier for Buhari to rule for another tenure than Thieftinubu ruling Nigeria as president. The ealier his miscreants supporters understand this the better for them.

Sorry Ipob opinion doesn't count.

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by PVision2020(m): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
amakadlite:
what are the uses of bullion vans and what were two bullion vans doing at the resident of the chairperson of the ruling party on the eve of election? please educate me
You can move any of your valuables in bullion vans... gold, jewelries, important documents etc.
And let's assume the vans contained cash, what law prohibits that?
Bullion van companies are like normal haulage company you can contract to move your money around, as a fuel station manager, bullion van comes once in a week to pick the week sales from the vault with Mobile police men, same applies to big eateries, malls, lounges and hotels, Churches etc. The owner of the company can decide to take his money home as there is no law that mandates you saving in banks.
There are lots of Business men that have hundreds of millions cash in their house.
Tinubu is definitely not a saints but the bullion van allegation is just petty.

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Yankee101: 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
And Buhari's EFCC will pretend they didn't see it
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by tooth4tooth: 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
iyatrustee:

Nobody is responding on his behalf sir. You can also go easy on your choice of words. I have my opinion just like you have yours, i didnt choose to call you incompetent!

Make your side of the arguement known and allow mine
It is simply called mental maturity
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Anago55: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
Is Omokiri not from the same region where revelations about grand larceny and corruption were made just a couple of weeks ago?

Oh well, if folks think this nonsense is the way to go about fighting corruption, let they be my guest.

You saw a Bullion van, you had no idea what its contents were, but you have a problem with that and desire for the *owner* to be incarcerated. Right in your own doorstep, papers were tendered showing how your uncles and aunts stole monies running into 45 billion naira, but that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Like I said in my last thread, these attacks would only improve the political fortunes of Tinubu, and make Yorubas push back more than they ever did. It is totally counterproductive.
. Obviously you are irredeemable. with your biased write-up, you would still pray for a better Nigeria

omenka grow up. I thought we agreed to stop this nonsense tribalistic jaundice post 2015.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by bakobenjamin198: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
techmo:
cool

Mumu omokirikiri

EFCC officers: Mumu Omokirikiri gave us a petition that a Bullion van drove into Budillion drive Ikoyi and entered your residence on the eve of a Presidential election

Gate man, DSS and Police details: so Mr EFCC and mumu omokirikiri what is the offense, are bullion vans unlawful ? Atleast mere Private fueling stations, hotels, WAEC, NECO all use Bullion security vans, and can you show us any evidence money was in the van or if any cash exceeding 5million was in the van as at that time

yeah, I agree with you. Someday, even your destiny would be stolen by these people you are asslicking their butt and praisinging and you will still be praising them for doing a wonderful job.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
iyatrustee:
EFCC act does not make accepting or making cash deposit of N5million for individuals or N10million for a corporate body a crime. It only mandates the bank to report any such transaction to Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit as a suspiscious transaction.

Banks and other non bank financial institution render this returns weekly so chances are these bullion transaction has been reported and investigated already.

Signing a petition is as important as having the right basis for the petition.

A N100k transaction can be reported if in the eyes of the bank, it is an unusual transaction just like a N100mil transaction wont raise any red flags if the account is used to such huge amounts.

Just calm down and read what you just wrote.
Then tell me why I shouldn't call you a fool
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by omenka(m): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
Anago55:
. Obviously you are irredeemable. with your biased write-up, you would still pray for a better Nigeria

omenka grow up. I thought we agreed to stop this nonsense tribalistic jaundice post 2015.

You've had your head stuck up in my rump all day. It really must feel cozy in there.

I hope you remain there.

Bye.

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
danilmo:

He's from my tribe. Good or bad the way u igbo guys always attack him has drawn internal tribal Sympathy to him even from his enemy and we will support him if not for anything but to shame u guys..

Everyday u guys look for a way to bring him down political, most probably due to jealousy. indirectly an average Yoruba man even his own enemy has the mentality that the downfall of Tinubu is a slap to Yoruba race, so we have no choice than to support him. counterproductive.
Believe me after this allegations, if he wins not found guilty, haaa u guys have helped us sell Tinubu to the world.

U guys even know Tinubu is a brilliant accountant na ND he knows the rule of Mony laundering. Chinedu wey no go school want to teach Tinubu how to ferry money. grin
I guess they should divide Nigeria and make Tinubu a president for life in the Southwest. And for your information, I’m not an Igbo like you assumed. With people like you, Nigeria will continue to be a divided entity. I believe you have better politicians like Osinbajo to project from your region. Stop supporting corruption
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by yeking18(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
Yeking Communication is an intermediary business unit that work hand in hand with reliable and capable dealers of all kinds of phone and laptops. we deal in sell, buy and swap of iPhone, Android Phones and laptops. We also provide engineering services both hardware and software to our numerous customers both far and within. so proximate should be least you should worry about. you can visit at one of office at Computer village Ikeja Lagos and Alaba international market Ojo,Lagos.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by MorataFC: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2020
iyatrustee:
EFCC act does not make accepting or making cash deposit of N5million for individuals or N10million for a corporate body a crime. It only mandates the bank to report any such transaction to Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit as a suspiscious transaction.

Banks and other non bank financial institution render this returns weekly so chances are these bullion transaction has been reported and investigated already.

Signing a petition is as important as having the right basis for the petition.

A N100k transaction can be reported if in the eyes of the bank, it is an unusual transaction just like a N100mil transaction wont raise any red flags if the account is used to such huge amounts.
whaoh, what a break down analysis, God bless you.
Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Topmaike007(m): 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
ladididanlami:
This is the way to go for corruption to be fought to a standstill...
No one is above the law.

EFCC must prosecute Tinubu for such money laundering act.
and how are you sure it's money that is inside?

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by omenka(m): 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
Anago55:

I should have looked up your history before engaging you in the first place. Didnt know I was dealing with a lowlife and an ethnic bigot who doesnt even deserve a slit second of my attention.

You've henceforth been placed right where you belong.

Never again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by badoh(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
I can see that Tinubu is the headache of the Easterners probably a stumbling block to their presidential aspirations. See, let me tell you, the more you people try to bring down tinubu, the more yoruba's that even hate him will begin to like him. Somebody that invested his time, energy, finance and other resources to build a party that merge with other parties to become APC and you people think you can use every available means to bring him down, it'll not work for you. Go to PDP and slug it out with Atiku for the ticket instead of thinking APC will give you ticket on a platter of gold.

4 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by AbuAeesha: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
ladididanlami:
This is the way to go for corruption to be fought to a standstill...
No one is above the law.

EFCC must prosecute Tinubu for such money laundering act.
is support ur fight against corruption,but how sure are u that the content of the bulion van was money?,and exceeding his worth,as a former governor and a business man

2 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
Lol. I bet out of the 10,000.00 signatures about 9,999.00 signatories are IPOBians.

Continue trying to hound the leaders of others while protecting your own rotten and stinking wasters you call leaders who have turned ala Igbo into an abandoned and avoided wasteland.

You lot are just playing yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
olaboy33:
Exercise in futility.

If a counter petition is filed, 100,000 will sign in a day.

That's how much we love Asiwaju BAT.
Many of you supporting Tinubu would have reacted differently, if it was Saraki or Atiku that did that. Stop being bias. As a former governor he ferried two bullion vans to his house on election eve. Imagine what will happen when he becomes a president

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site / Atiku's Lawyers Receive Tinubu's Academic Records From Chicago State University / Alfred Ayodeji Olufade: Newly Married NAF Pilot Dies In Kaduna Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.