Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,370 members, 7,888,206 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:37 PM

Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk (19440 Views)

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by danieee(m): 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2011
mehn,,this is bad, really bad.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by dave2(m): 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, this is a lesson for us all.
Let me ask; what have u planned for your future so far
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by Tolulop001(f): 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2011
hbrednic:

Nigeria govt should bail out the guy,
a star is not supposed to suffer like this,he must have learnt by now.

u must be kidding me!
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2011
Financial illiteracy+ flamboyance = Financial cancer sad
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by ade101(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2011
He shuld sell his properties and move back home for a better begining.He might not be able do certain biz over there bcoz of his popularity.Ile ni abo simi oko.Abi uk na by force.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2011
know ur way nor be curse, d guy nor knw him way!
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by frankiemun: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2011
There is a large number of financial education but it depend on us that what we gonna choose.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by dave2(m): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2011
ade101:

He shuld sell his properties and move back home for a better begining.He might not be able do certain biz over there bcoz of his popularity.Ile ni abo simi oko.Abi uk na by force.

Good talk.

blink182:

Financial illiteracy+ flamboyance = Financial cancer  sad

God bless u sir.

enamaye:

know your way nor be curse, d guy nor knw him way!

Yessssss oooo
He really does not know his way undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by femib26(m): 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2011
i don't believe in that scrap. He can be broke in U.K, what about all his properties in kaduna state, Nigeria. I know some of those properties. One is very close to kawo market ,another in the G.R.A area. Bankruptcy my foot.
Bankruptcy in U.K, maybe,  In Nigeria?,

He might not be making as much money as  he was making during his active playing days, but he has property investment in Nigeria of course. His brother Emmanuel isn't doing badly in 9ja at all.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by Fulanee: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2011
dis is wot u get wen u mix bizness nd pleasure, broda cele, i sory 4 u o.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by buzugee(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2011
you guys are crazy. celestine babayaro is a brand name. an established brand name. anytime he is ready to come up again he will come up easily. all he has to do (like amorosa manigault and dennis rodman and jermain jackson etc ) is to start appearing on reality shows. at 100,000 pounds a pop, if he does like 30, that 3 million pounds and he can retire and spend wisely. amorosa made her wealth through reality shows. she did about 30. she made millions. so do not pity the guy
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by baslone: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2011
@femib, all those property don't matter. If you lack the f-education it'll only stay a while!

Bukittes:

I find this thread so very coincidental. For some of us doubting if the story was true or not, just two weeks ago my childhood friend came to spend some time with me from Abuja, we got talking and[b] she told me she sees Cele in Abj[/b] cos we all grew up in Kaduna b4 parting ways for our different vocation. I asked how he is and this pathetic story was what she told me that can I believe Cele lives in a rented apartment in ABJ despite all that money then. I didn't know it was this bad though but I guess there was no lie in what she told me. I sincerely hope that we all learn from their mistakes.

I heard a story similar to this but my source told me he saw him in a pub with some other ex-footballers!
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by seanet02: 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Good riddance!!!

You make all that money and you lose it.

To hell with you.

Both of you need your heads examined.

Government should use tax payers money of poor and wretched people to bail out a man that frivolously wasted millions.

Don't let me see you voting in the upcoming elections.

Bloody Simpletons!
I wonder o. why you go waste your millions of dollars on asewo and flashy cars now you want poor people to help!! I feel like cursing the day God answered your prayers!!
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by dave2(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
buzugee:

you guys are crazy. celestine babayaro is a brand name. an established brand name. anytime he is ready to come up again he will come up easily. all he has to do (like amorosa manigault and dennis rodman and jermain jackson etc ) is to start appearing on reality shows. at 100,000 pounds a pop, if he does like 30, that 3 million pounds and he can retire and spend wisely. amorosa made her wealth through reality shows. she did about 30. she made millions. so do not pity the guy

U must be a confirmed lunatic for writing this rubbish
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by ibedun: 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2011
Shey!!! Nigerians rushing to judgement.

Bankrupcy is routine here and if you know your way - i.e. moved all your assets to your home country (Nigeria in this case)

Then what is the problem?

Bankrupcy is a big part of financial and tax planning here in the UK.

Sometimes its a clever way for an immigrant to absolve his UK debts and go home with a clean slate.

I dont know the facts but please dont rush to judgement.

He still has a house here worth £450,000. Now how many Nigerians or in fact English people have that?

My combined assets after working my pants off for 15 years in a professional job with 2 children has not afforded me that  kind of house.

The guy is not down and out my brothers so be careful what you say.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by buzugee(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2011
dave2:

U must be a confirmed lunatic for writing this rubbish
a confirmed lunatic ?? what does that mean ? is that the nigerian way of combining words to make you feel like you have said something of magnitude ? animal in human skin. believe it or not this is how washed up stars get paid but then again you probably have never stepped out of nigeria in your whole pathetic life so i wouldnt expect you to know that angry
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by buzugee(m): 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2011
ibedun:

Shey!!! Nigerians rushing to judgement.

Bankrupcy is routine here and if you know your way - i.e. moved all your assets to your home country (Nigeria in this case)

Then what is the problem?

Bankrupcy is a big part of financial and tax planning here in the UK.

Sometimes its a clever way for an immigrant to absolve his UK debts and go home with a clean slate.

I dont know the facts but please dont rush to judgement.

He still has a house here worth £450,000. Now how many Nigerians or in fact English people have that?

My combined assets after working my pants off for 15 years in a professional job with 2 children has not afforded me that  kind of house.

The guy is not down and out my brothers so be careful what you say.

grin grin bruv even council flat in brixton is in the 250,000 pounds range.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2011
[size=15pt] Unfortunately, you don't need a college degree to gain financial education, So unfortunate, that he may end up struggling for the rest of his life.[/size]
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by dave2(m): 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2011
buzugee:

a confirmed lunatic ?? what does that mean ? is that the nigerian way of combining words to make you feel like you have said something of magnitude ? animal in human skin. believe it or not this is how washed up stars get paid but then again you probably have never stepped out of nigeria in your whole pathetic life so i wouldnt expect you to know that  angry

Yes, a certified madman is what i mean.
Guy, i don't need to step out of Nigeria to make it in life.
By the grace of God; i  have a very good job and am very fulfilled
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by buzugee(m): 5:09pm On Feb 18, 2011
dave2:

Yes, a certified madman is what i mean.

wouldnt a 'madman' or 'lunatic' have sufficed ? do you personally know my psychiatrist ? and did he divulge to you that i am a certified and confirmed lunatic ? or you just thought the yabbiz will be sweeter if you added those qualifying words to the yabbiz ? grin
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by dave2(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2011
buzugee:

wouldnt a 'madman' or 'lunatic' have sufficed ? do you  personally know my psychiatrist ? and did he divulge to you that i am a certified and confirmed lunatic ? or you just thought the yabbiz will be sweeter if you added those qualifying words to the yabbiz ?  grin

I don't need to know your psychiatrist for me to know your sane state. By their fruit, you shall know them.
I chose to use those words to give credence to your state of mind and reasoning.
No sane person would insult anybody for making a contribution.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by buzugee(m): 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2011
dave2:

I chose to use those words to give credence to your state of mind and reasoning.
No sane person would insult anybody for making a contribution.
what contribution ? abi you done drink shekpe this morning ?
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by bestman09(m): 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2011
Na waoh! God help him
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by dave2(m): 5:16pm On Feb 18, 2011
buzugee:

what contribution ? abi you done drink shekpe this morning ?

Nope sir, i no drink shekpe.
U said we are all crazy for jumping into conclusion that Celestine Babayaro is bankrupt.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2011
pls super sport come to his help.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by buzugee(m): 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2011
dave2:

Nope sir, i no drink shekpe.
U said we are all crazy for jumping into conclusion that Celestine Babayaro is bankrupt.
its just a figure of speech. i think you have more estrogen than testosterone. you are a sensitive girl. wasnt nothing personal to anybody. just a braggadocious nigerian way of speaking.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by dave2(m): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2011
buzugee:

its just a figure of speech. i think you have more estrogen than testosterone. you are a sensitive girl. wasnt nothing personal to anybody. just a braggadocious nigerian way of speaking.

Am going to deal with you for calling me a woman sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by medoski(m): 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2011
I stay close  to celestine in Kaduna. Most of   the football big names  that came  out  of  kaduna had this  problem- Tijani babangida, Daniel  Amokaci  and now  cele. As I  am talking to you now  if you dash Tijani babangida  N10,000  he  will  gladly  collect. Amokaci being a  good  politician, he  was  able  to come out  of the  pits. If you dont  know, celestine  sold  bread at  lagos  street  kaduna  in  his  academy days  but  why should  he  be  so  lavish to  allow  such  bankruptcy.  the only  prudent  person among  them  is  Garba  lawal, despite  the  fact that  is  very  rich  he  remained modest  and  cool  headed. while  playing  in  turkey, Amokaci always bring  fleet  of  sport  cars  when  returning for holiday, when he goes  back, his younger  ones  will  sell  them  at  give  away  prices  awaiting   him to   bring new  one . that is  the  life , he  has  learnt  his  lessons  the  hard  way. while  in kaduna you  cannot  drag  a  babe  with  Emanuel  babayaro,  he  was   the  talk  of  the town. A  lady  cannot  be  too expensive  for  him.
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by buzugee(m): 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2011
dave2:

Am going to deal with you for calling me a woman sad sad sad sad sad
lol dude. i come in peace.  grin i extend my hands in friendship  cheesy
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2011
Making money is easy, keeping it is the hard part
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by buzugee(m): 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2011
medoski:

I stay close  to celestine in Kaduna. Most of   the football big names  that came  out  of  kaduna had this  problem- Tijani babangida, Daniel  Amokaci  and now  cele. As I  am talking to you now  if you dash Tijani babangida  N10,000  he  will  gladly  collect. Amokaci being a  good  politician, he  was  able  to come out  of the  pits. If you dont  know, celestine  sold  bread at  lagos  street  kaduna  in  his  academy days  but  why should  he  be  so  lavish to  allow  such  bankruptcy.  the only  prudent  person among  them  is  Garba  lawal, despite  the  fact that  is  very  rich  he  remained modest  and  cool  headed. while  playing  in  turkey, Amokaci always bring  fleet  of  sport  cars  when  returning for holiday, when he goes  back, his younger  ones  will  sell  them  at  give  away  prices  awaiting   him to   bring new  one . that is  the  life , he  has  learnt  his  lessons  the  hard  way. while  in kaduna you  cannot  drag  a  babe  with  Emanuel  babayaro,  he  was   the  talk  of  the town. A  lady  cannot  be  too expensive  for  him.
so basically he rented the cooter at an inflationary price ? now the cooter is somewhere else looking for a landlord  cheesy
Re: Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk by Kenyata(m): 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2011
I simply implore you to find time to read this piece.

A refreshing perspective -
Interesting read!!!

Please if you write a silly book,
don't invite Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to make a presentation. ,

I guess Olaniwun Ajayi has learnt from this.

Sanusi faults Olaniwun Ajayi on Northern domination

The Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,
surprised guests present at the Muson Centre for the launching of the
book of Sir Olaniwun Ajayi at the Muson Centre in Lagos .

The book titled: " Nigeria , Africa 's failed asset?" attracted many
important dignitaries, intellectuals and some governors. The argument by discussants centered on whether or not the colonial masters laid the foundation for the problems Nigeria is currently facing.

Many argued that the British loved the North and that was why it gave more than 50 percent of the National Assembly seats to the North at independence.

Sanusi, however, stole the show when he spoke. His speech was anchored on the plank that the British and Nigerian rulers are responsible for the state of the situation Nigeria finds itself today.

Below is his unedited speech.

"Let me start by saying that I am Fulani (laughter). My grandfather was an Emir and therefore I represent all that has been talked about this afternoon. Sir Ajayi has written a book. And like all Nigerians of his generation, he has written in the language of his generation.

"My grandfather was a Northerner, I am a Nigerian. The problem with this country is that in 2009, we speak in the language of 1953. Sir Olaniwun can be forgiven for the way he spoke, but I cannot forgive people of my generation speaking in that language.

"Let us go into this issue because there are so many myths that are being bandied around. Before colonialism, there was nothing like Northern Nigeria . Before the Sokoto Jihad, there was nothing like the Sokoto caliphate. The man from Kano regard himself as bakane. The man from Zaria was bazazzage. The man from Katsina was bakatsine. The kingdoms were at war with each other. They were Hausas, they were Muslims, they were killing each other.

"The Yoruba were Ijebu, Owo, Ijesha, Akoko, Egba. When did they become one? When did the North become one? You have the Sokoto Caliphate that brought every person from Adamawa to Sokoto and said it is one kingdom. They now said it was a Muslim North.

"The Colonialists came, put that together and said it is now called the Northern Nigeria .
Do you know what happened? Our grand fathers were able to transform to being Northerners. We have not been able to transform to being Nigerians. The fault is ours.

Tell me, how many governors has South West produced after Awolowo that are role models of leadership? How many governors has the East produced like Nnamdi Azikiwe that can be role models of leadership? How Many governors in the Niger Delta are role models of leadership? Tell me. There is no evidence statistically that any part of this country has produced good leaders.

You talk about Babangida and the economy. Who were the people in charge of the economy during Babangida era? Olu Falae, Kalu Idika Kalu. What state are they from in the North?

"We started the banking reform; the first thing I heard was that in Urobo land, that there will be a curse of the ancestors. I said they (ancestors) would not answer. They said why? I said how many factories did Ibru build in Urobo land? So, why will the ancestors of the Urobo people support her?

"We talk ethnicity when it pleases us. It is hypocrisy. You said elections were rigged in 1959, Obasanjo and Maurice Iwu rigged election in 2007. Was it a Southern thing? It was not. "The problem is: everywhere in this country, there is one Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba and Itshekiri man whose concern is how to get his hands on the pile and how much he can steal.

Whether it is in the military or in the civilian government, they sit down, they eat together. In fact, the constitution says there must be a minister from every state.

"So, anybody that is still preaching that the problem of Nigeria is Yoruba or Hausa or Fulani, he does not love Nigeria . The problem with Nigeria is that a group of people from each and every ethnic tribe is very selfish. The poverty that is found in Maiduguri is even worse than any poverty that you find in any part of the South.

The British came for 60 years and Sir Ajayi talked about few numbers of graduates in the North (two at independence) . What he did not say was that there was a documented policy of the British when they came that the Northerner should not be educated. It was documented. It was British colonial policy. I have the document. I have published articles on it. That if you educate the Northerner you will produce progressive Muslim intellectuals of the type we have in Egypt
and India. So, do not educate them. It was documented. And you say they love us (North).
"I have spent the better part of my life to fight and Dr. (Reuben) Abati knows me. Yes, my grandfather was an Emir. Why was I in the pro-democracy movement fighting for June 12? Is (Moshood) Abiola from Kano ? Why am I a founding director of the Kudirat Initiative for Nigerian Development (KIND)?

"There are good Yoruba people, good Igbo people, good Fulani people, good Nigerians and there are bad people everywhere. That is the truth. "Stop talking about dividing Nigeria because we are not the most populous country in the world. We have all the resources that make it easy to make one united great Nigeria . It is better if we are united than to divide it.

"Every time you talk about division, when you restructure, do you know what will happen? In Delta Area, the people in Warri will say Agbor, you don't have oil. When was the Niger Delta constructed as a political entity? Ten years ago, the Itshekiris were fighting the Urobos. Isn't that what was happening? Now they have become Niger Delta because they have found oil. After, it will be, if you do not have oil in your village then you cannot share our resources.

"There is no country in the world where resources are found in everybody's hamlet. But people have leaders and they said if you have this geography and if we are one state, then we have a responsibility for making sure that the people who belong to this country have a good nature.

"So, why don't you talk about; we don't have infrastructure, we don't have education, we don't have health. We are still talking about Fulani. Is it the Fulani cattle rearer or is anybody saying there is no poverty among the Fulani?", he said.

This is a great message to our generation.
Are we truly ready to develop and unite Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike And Kenneth Omeruo Pictured With Friends In Turkey / Equatorial Guinea Vs Guinea Bissau: AFCON 2023 (4 - 2) On 18th January 2024 / I Am Not Worried About Losing To Czech - Gernot Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.