Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,602 members, 7,885,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:29 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1065967 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by olabent85(m): 5:52am On Aug 06, 2013
I was denied yesterday and she asked us a normal question which we answered with my wife and yet she refused us now can we apply again and since am going for vacation and I still time cos I told her I earn 239k per month and I also told her we av 3 kids and we were not going with them. I told her am visiting my cousin which she said do I know how he got his green card I said no pls advice and am 28yrs
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 11:36am On Aug 06, 2013
hi everyone..i asked some time back about applying with my husband since he had an f4 immigration thingy pending

well i applied with him and we got our visa today.interview lasted about two mins and no document was checked

they asked us the following questions:

Q:Why and where are you going in the US:
A: Las Vegas to spend for vacation and to meet up with our family for xmas
Q: where do you work and how much do you earn
A: we both answered
Q: how long have you been married:
A:19 months
Q: have you travelled together as a couple
A: yes to London, italy, France and Ghana
she flicks through the hubs passport at this point
Q: to the hubs....do you have an immigration application
A: yes, my sister filed for me in 2007 and he looks at me helplessly cuz the guy doesnt know the details so i chime in yeah, it was approved in 2010 and we are waiting for a priority date to be current though we have no idea when that will be

ok..pick up your visas on tuesday

so peeps it is possible to have an immigration pending and still get a visa...just fill as much detail as you can in the form

when i was filling the form for the hubs i declared that he has an immigration thingy pending but however him and his wife earn a combined income of over Xmillion and it will be foolish to leave that to immigrate illegally to the US further jeopardizing the opportunity to migrate legally in 5-6 years time

Also the question have you been denied before...cuz the hubs has been denied twice, probably cuz he dint think to declare this immigration sapplication in the ds160..i put yes and EXPLAINED... that when he was in skl in the UK he was denied the opportunity to go and visit his sister in the US despite showing that he has paid his tuition and house rent for the session and he ended up visiting holland to spend the same summer holiday with his other sister and that it is worthy of note that he came back to nigeria immediately after school in the uk and has visited 7 countries and never overstayed dhis visa....

anyways bottom lone of this gist is provide as much detail as you can in the form and be honest too

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
congrats!!!
favored gal: hi everyone..i asked some time back about applying with my husband since he had an f4 immigration thingy pending

well i applied with him and we got our visa today.interview lasted about two mins and no document was checked

they asked us the following questions:

Q:Why and where are you going in the US:
A: Las Vegas to spend for vacation and to meet up with our family for xmas
Q: where do you work and how much do you earn
A: we both answered
Q: how long have you been married:
A:19 months
Q: have you travelled together as a couple
A: yes to London, italy, France and Ghana
she flicks through the hubs passport at this point
Q: to the hubs....do you have an immigration application
A: yes, my sister filed for me in 2007 and he looks at me helplessly cuz the guy doesnt know the details so i chime in yeah, it was approved in 2010 and we are waiting for a priority date to be current though we have no idea when that will be

ok..pick up your visas on tuesday

so peeps it is possible to have an immigration pending and still get a visa...just fill as much detail as you can in the form

when i was filling the form for the hubs i declared that he has an immigration thingy pending but however him and his wife earn a combined income of over Xmillion and it will be foolish to leave that to immigrate illegally to the US further jeopardizing the opportunity to migrate legally in 5-6 years time

Also the question have you been denied before...cuz the hubs has been denied twice, probably cuz he dint think to declare this immigration sapplication in the ds160..i put yes and EXPLAINED... that when he was in skl in the UK he was denied the opportunity to go and visit his sister in the US despite showing that he has paid his tuition and house rent for the session and he ended up visiting holland to spend the same summer holiday with his other sister and that it is worthy of note that he came back to nigeria immediately after school in the uk and has visited 7 countries and never overstayed dhis visa....

anyways bottom lone of this gist is provide as much detail as you can in the form and be honest too

Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by topaztee: 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
Congrats to receptor.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 6:58am On Aug 07, 2013
@ favoredgal: Congratulations. Honesty pays right?
@kellyemms that's how most illegals get in: by overstaying a visiting visa. Many have gone that route and were unable to get legal status for years. I hear the American hustle no get part 2 even for those with their college degrees and work permits. A friend is literally stuck in their system now - unable to come home and yet not as successful as his contemporaries in the Nigerian banking industry.
My advise: do your homework well regarding getting a work visa there, or stay back in Nigeria and make it happen. All the best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
GOOD EVENING TO ALL NAIRALANDERS......PLEASE I THINK I HAVE MADE AGREAT MISTAKE WITH MY JUNIOUR BROTHERS APPLICATION.........FIRSTL I BOOKED A DATE BEFORE SUBMITTING THE DS 160 FORM....AND THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE APPLICATION ID ON THE DS-160 FORM IS DIFFERENT FROM THE DS-160 CONFIRMATION NUMBER AFTER YOU GET AFTER U HAVE BOOKED A DATE....MY BROTHER HAS BEEN TO THE USA BEFORE SO AM THINKING HIS PREVIOUS DS-160 MIGHT BE USED INSTEAD OF THE NEW ONE....AM I RIGHT OR SHOULD I GET AN AGENT T CORRECT STUFF...THANKS
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
dream23: GOOD EVENING TO ALL NAIRALANDERS......PLEASE I THINK I HAVE MADE AGREAT MISTAKE WITH MY JUNIOUR BROTHERS APPLICATION.........FIRSTL I BOOKED A DATE BEFORE SUBMITTING THE DS 160 FORM....AND THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE APPLICATION ID ON THE DS-160 FORM IS DIFFERENT FROM THE DS-160 CONFIRMATION NUMBER AFTER YOU GET AFTER U HAVE BOOKED A DATE....MY BROTHER HAS BEEN TO THE USA BEFORE SO AM THINKING HIS PREVIOUS DS-160 MIGHT BE USED INSTEAD OF THE NEW ONE....AM I RIGHT OR SHOULD I GET AN AGENT T CORRECT STUFF...THANKS

Not really.
Just start a fresh DS-160, which will nullify any previous applications.
You can still go to the embassy if you already generated an appointment letter. It doesn't really matter.
I've been to the embassy before, and had to rush back to fill a new DS-160. Nobody checked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
SO IF I FILL A NEW DS-160,SHOULD I REBOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
dream23: SO IF I FILL A NEW DS-160,SHOULD I REBOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT?
No just update the ds form on the interview apointment page
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
PLS I need your advice. An equipment saling
company well known in USA have a business
with my company in saling of used crane and I
being inviting me for 10 days and am going on
behalf my company that am going to represent
them as a mobile crane operator to operate the
crane test run it before give out information to
my company so will gonna buy the crane I
have not traveled before but I have a mexico
visa in my passport and never traveled will
they give me visa or denied me for not and my
company is a contractor to con oil company
and my income is k350 monthly my company
is my sponsor what else do I need to get the
visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
chidi darling: PLS I need your advice. An equipment saling
company well known in USA have a business
with my company in saling of used crane and I
being inviting me for 10 days and am going on
behalf my company that am going to represent
them as a mobile crane operator to operate the
crane test run it before give out information to
my company so will gonna buy the crane I
have not traveled before but I have a mexico
visa in my passport and never traveled will
they give me visa or denied me for not and my company is a contractor to con oil company and my income is k350 monthly my company is my sponsor what else do I need to get the visa

You need a contract letter or other form of correspondence from the US company showing an agreement between your company and the foreign firm.

And also a form of ID from your Nigeria employer to show your claimed job duties as a crane operator with a valid document authorising you to drive such heavy duty vehicle. Being a crane operator, is no joke.

You are to apply for a B1 visa which falls under the category of ''negotiating a contract.''
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2013
Thanks bro. Am happy to hear that but since I haven't traveled before. And iam 21 yur old and I have a mexico tourist visa what do I do and I have two invitation letter from the usa company and I also have all the document frm my company and a document that make me a certified crane operator will I get the visa. And if am ask u have a mexico tourist visa why did u not traveled. Pls what is the answer to that question
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2013
chidi darling: Thanks bro. Am happy to hear that but since I haven't traveled before. And iam 21 yur old and I have a mexico tourist visa what do I do and I have two invitation letter from the usa company and I also have all the document frm my company and a document that make me a certified crane operator will I get the visa. And if am ask u have a mexico tourist visa why did u not traveled. Pls what is the answer to that question

The invitation letter will be required from you by the CO. He/she will want to have a look at it, it is very important.

Your document certifying you as a crane operator is also important and the CO will want to see this.

Your Mexican visa does not have a bearing on this current US visa application. But in case the CO asks you regarding the Mexican visa, then let him/ her know the visa is for tourism and that is where your reply stops no long explanations.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
GUYS eVERY DOCUMENT OF MY BROTHER IS SET FOR THE INTERVIEW....NOW HE IS 23 AND HAS COMPLETED COLLEGE BUT HIS CERTIFICATE HAVENT BEEN ISSUED AND MY PARENTS ARE SPONSORING HIM..HE IS DOING HIS NATIONAL SERVICE SO HIS SALARY U KNOW IS SMALL...WE WENT TO THE USA TOGETHER IN 2010 UK MALAYSIA.....WAT IS HIS CHANCE THIS TYM SINCE HE IS STILL AN ADULT YET HIS PARENTS ARE SPONZSORING HIM??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
[quote author=dream23]GUYS eVERY DOCUMENT OF MY BROTHER IS SET FOR THE INTERVIEW....NOW HE IS 23 AND HAS COMPLETED COLLEGE BUT HIS CERTIFICATE HAVENT BEEN ISSUED AND MY PARENTS ARE SPONSORING HIM..HE IS DOING HIS NATIONAL SERVICE SO HIS SALARY U KNOW IS SMALL...WE WENT TO THE USA TOGETHER IN 2010 UK MALAYSIA.....WAT IS HIS CHANCE THIS TYM SINCE HE IS STILL AN ADULT YET HIS PARENTS ARE SPONZSORING HIM??[/quote

even though he is an adult your parents can still sponsor him...there is no age restriction on sponsorship and the fact that he has been to the US is a positive...he should just go ahead and apply
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
A citizen invite me. And the fare is high 400k pls answer my question
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
chidi darling: Bro thanks if u can give me yur number this is my 08104343570. Can I have your brother I don't understand what u mean by that answer pls make me understand

chidi darling: A citizen invite me. And the fare is high 400k pls answer my question

Your Mexican visa does not have any effect on this US visa you want to apply for. But just in case the CO asks you anything regarding the Mexican visa, let him/her know what you said above about a citizen inviting you....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ok thanks is there anything that the USA company can do to make me get the visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 11:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
MY BROTHER IS GETTING COLD FEET AS THE INTERVIEW GETS NEAR....JE IS GOING FOR A CONFERENCE AND I FILLED HIS FORM AND STATED HE WOULD BE THERE FOR 2 WEEKS....I WANT TO KNOW IS TWO WEEKS TOO LONG?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:52am On Aug 09, 2013
chidi darling: Ok thanks is there anything that the USA company can do to make me get the visa

There is nothing the US company can do to help you get the visa....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2013
Ok but do I have the chances of getting the visa or do I have to get ghana stamp I have a mexico visa and is gonna exp 12 what do I say if am ask or do I get ghana stamp pls I need an urgent answer
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 09, 2013
@chidi darling, why don't you calm down, getting Ghana or any countries stamp has got nothing to do with your been issued a visa,but,rather your ability to convince the CO that you will return back to Nigeria, l don't want to discourage you here,you are sounding too desperate and anxious and this are what the CO are looking for in potential applicants,once they noticed you are anxious or desperate, irrespective of the true motives of your trip,they will deny you, several guys have advised you here what to do,tzetzefly,favored gal and others have given you useful heads up,but is like u are getting too anxious as your interview date draws nearer,relax and calm down so that your anxiety wont affect you......hope you get my drift?......
chidi darling: Ok but do I have the chances of getting the visa or do I have to get ghana stamp I have a mexico visa and is gonna exp 12 what do I say if am ask or do I get ghana stamp pls I need an urgent answer

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:50am On Aug 09, 2013
chidi darling: Ok but do I have the chances of getting the visa or do I have to get ghana stamp I have a mexico visa and is gonna exp 12 what do I say if am ask or do I get ghana stamp pls I need an urgent answer

You need to stay very calm and relaxed, this your nervousness will not help you before your US visa appointment date.

The Mexican visa in your passport will not be known to the CO unless he is willign to issue you the B1 visa whereby your International Passport will then be collected from you.

The only reason your passport will be checked through for the presence of any type of visa, is if you claimed to have travelled to Mexico or any other country for that matter. It is only then the CO will want to see your passport for immigration stamps in order to confirm if your claim is true.

Aside from this development, you've got no problem. A trip to Ghana just for stamps is not necessary, please.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2013
Chidi relax,ya blood dey hot. To me ooo, u for go d mexico first then stroll enter Texas from mexico ie if u wan run ooo,I feel say that is your plan.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 09, 2013
@obakovich......hahahaha....your comments made me laugh and l almost fell from my chair, he is not running away from Nigeria, he is a crane operator and will come back.....lolz
obakovich: Chidi relax,ya blood dey hot. To me ooo, u for go d mexico first then stroll enter Texas from mexico ie if u wan run ooo,I feel say that is your plan.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by james233: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
please guys in nairaland I hope you are all fine....am a Ghanaian and my interview is this week and I wanted to boost my chances so I went to a man to get me a china visa and kotoka international airport stamp that I have travelled to china before but unfortunately the exit stamp they gave me was blue instead of red and am very sure if you are leaving Ghana they give you a red stamp but mine was blue...hey guys am so scared that these vo's might find out if they open my passport and see a blue exit stamp.....please any advise thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
james233: please guys in nairaland I hope you are all fine....am a Ghanaian and my interview is this week and I wanted to boost my chances so I went to a man to get me a china visa and kotoka international airport stamp that I have travelled to china before but unfortunately the exit stamp they gave me was blue instead of red and am very sure if you are leaving Ghana they give you a red stamp but mine was blue...hey guys am so scared that these vo's might find out if they open my passport and see a blue exit stamp.....please any advise thank you.

Why did you go through this mago mago route.

Just be careful sha...when i went for my interview the co told the two guys that interviewed before me that their passports were fake and a very bad fake at that.
Me i was surprised o! Dint knw fake passports existed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
Guys am happy am gonna be cool. Thanks u guys are great but can some tell me what kind of question will I be facing for the B1 interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (323)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.