Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,602 members, 7,885,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:30 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1065967 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
Guys am happy am gonna be cool. Thanks u guys are great but can some tell me what kind of question will I be facing for the B1 interview as a crane operator going for a used crane inspection in florida sponsor my by company
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
chidi darling: Guys am happy am gonna be cool. Thanks u guys are great but can some tell me what kind of question will I be facing for the B1 interview
this guy wan run una say i dey lie.@chidi,if them sabi d question u think say any body for dey nairaland?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 10, 2013
@obakovich.......he is a crane operator and he says he will come back, your answer got me laughing since yesterday,why will he run from nigeria,nobody is pursuing him...lolz cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
obakovich:
this guy wan run una say i dey lie.@chidi,if them sabi d question u think say any body for dey nairaland?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 5:15am On Aug 10, 2013
Guys why will I run am just asking cause after I traveled and come back I will be promoted in my company that is why I need u guys help at list send 10000 recharge card to this site am not runing from my company ITK
Re: Usa Visit Visa by DJDOLA(m): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2013
Pls nairalander...I have a friend in usa dat want me 2 come on a vist my freind is a usa citizen he ask me for document I need 2 be in usa which I don't no...pls can someone help me and list d document I need for visit visa 2 usa...I will be glad if someone can help for d list...thanks

Pls its urgent
Re: Usa Visit Visa by james233: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
please I want know if vo's check that visas of other countries is genuine
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
did u stamp fake visas on ur passport?
james233: please I want know if vo's check that visas of other countries is genuine
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
pls I intend to go for a visit in US in December but my passport will expire in August September 2015. I understand that a minimum of two years visa is issued in first attempt. Do you think I have a chance since I will have less than 2 years left by then? Please, I need urgent response on this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
It has no effect on your application,you do have a chance as long as you are able to meet the requirements and convince the VO that you will return back to Nigeria after your visit.... goodluck..
VCTROKOYE: pls I intend to go for a visit in US in December but my passport will expire in August September 2015. I understand that a minimum of two years visa is issued in first attempt. Do you think I have a chance since I will have less than 2 years left by then?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
I would travel to US from Canada because I have the country's study permit.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
VCTROKOYE: pls I intend to go for a visit in US in December but my passport will expire in August September 2015. I understand that a minimum of two years visa is issued in first attempt. Do you think I have a chance since I will have less than 2 years left by then? Please, I need urgent response on this.

when your passport expires you can renew it and hold the two passports

you can travel with a valid visa on an expired passport as long as you have a valid passport as at the time you are traveling

2015 is still far self. my own passport expires in dec 2013 and i have a 2 year american and uk visa expiring 2015 on it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2013
dear tzetzefly n gbenga 77,pls n oda gurus on ds forum i wnt an advice on an issue.wen my visa ws given to me @ d DHL office a big brown envelope ws handed to me as well,so i opened it n it ws packed wit all d document submitted by my wife while prosesin my petition bt ws suprise to see do nt open covered wit a white sheet after i v opened it,nw d question is wuld my action hv a negative impact @ d point of entry in US,cos my wife zd i ll nid to drop d parcel for dia immigration ova dia.wuld hv reseal it bt didnt open it properly out of impatience,thanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Topsymyyear(m): 9:12am On Aug 11, 2013
yes vos check visas on passport.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Olomu123: 9:41am On Aug 11, 2013
I am a car dealer registered with Insurance auto Action in USA and I'm the Managing Director of my company Olai motor limited.

I heard from people that i will be denied visa on the ground that am going to buy cars in the USA as there's a new law not to grant anybody visa who's visiting the USA with the purpose of buying cars.

Does this mean am not qualified to get visa even when i have purchased cars from the USA worth $30,000 this year directly from the Auction in the name of my company?

Please i need your candid advice to enable me know my fate. My sole purpose of visiting the USA is to buy cars from Insurance Auto Auction and have better experience of my business . I hope to hear from you soonest.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
Henries: dear tzetzefly n gbenga 77,pls n oda gurus on ds forum i wnt an advice on an issue.wen my visa ws given to me @ d DHL office a big brown envelope ws handed to me as well,so i opened it n it ws packed wit all d document submitted by my wife while prosesin my petition bt ws suprise to see do nt open covered wit a white sheet after i v opened it,nw d question is wuld my action hv a negative impact @ d point of entry in US,cos my wife zd i ll nid to drop d parcel for dia immigration ova dia.wuld hv reseal it bt didnt open it properly out of impatience,thanx
tzetzefly n gbenga 77 n d wisemen on ds forum am waitin for ur advise,tanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Henries: dear tzetzefly n gbenga 77,pls n oda gurus on ds forum i wnt an advice on an issue.wen my visa ws given to me @ d DHL office a big brown envelope ws handed to me as well,so i opened it n it ws packed wit all d document submitted by my wife while prosesin my petition bt ws suprise to see do nt open covered wit a white sheet after i v opened it,nw d question is wuld my action hv a negative impact @ d point of entry in US,cos my wife zd i ll nid to drop d parcel for dia immigration ova dia.wuld hv reseal it bt didnt open it properly out of impatience,thanx

Henries: tzetzefly n gbenga 77 n d wisemen on ds forum am waitin for ur advise,tanx

Actually that package is meant for the Homeland security and CBP officer. It is better for you to repackage the envelope and apply an adhesive tape adequately in order to seal it.

In case you're asked at the entry point, do not lie about this only be quick to point out that you were not informed about the need not to look into the package.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
tzetzefly:

Actually that package is meant for the Homeland security and CBP officer. It is better for you to repackage the envelope and apply an adhesive tape adequately in order to seal it.

In case you're asked at the entry point, do not lie about this only be quick to point out that you were not informed about the need not to look into the package.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2013

Omg!That envelope shouldn't have been open by anyone but the immigration official at the POE. I happened to witness this elderly woman who was almost refused entry at JFK, couple of years ago because her sealed envelope was opened. In her case the envelope was accidently opened by an immigration official at Shiphol airport. This elderly woman spoke little English and couldn't explain to immigration official at JKF why the envelope was opened. I had to go explain to the official what happened at Schiphol but still he was adamant, so I asked to speak to his supervisor and I told him what had happened at Schipol and that its no fault of hers before she was let in. It was quite a hassle.

You just have to be truthful when asked why you opened it. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hello guys i need serious help here, i have a female friend in the usa inviting me over, met her here when she came for a business trip, now im 22 a student you think i can get a visa and what requirement i need aswel thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
Guys why will I run am just asking cause after I traveled and come back I will be promoted in my company that is why I need u guys help at list send 10000 recharge card to this site am not runing from my company ITK
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2013
babbs45:

Omg!That envelope shouldn't have been open by anyone but the immigration official at the POE. I happened to witness this elderly woman who was almost refused entry at JFK, couple of years ago because her sealed envelope was opened. In her case the envelope was accidently opened by an immigration official at Shiphol airport. This elderly woman spoke little English and couldn't explain to immigration official at JKF why the envelope was opened. I had to go explain to the official what happened at Schiphol but still he was adamant, so I asked to speak to his supervisor and I told him what had happened at Schipol and that its no fault of hers before she was let in. It was quite a hassle.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
babbs45:

thanks for the hint,pls dont u think it ll be better to leave it open n maintain my ignorance than to try n reseal n look as if am tryin to do a cover up.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by GboyegaD(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2013
chidi darling: Guys why will I run am just asking cause after I traveled and come back I will be promoted in my company that is why I need u guys help at list send 10000 recharge card to this site am not runing from my company ITK

Now it is obvious you are damn desperate. Wish you luck anyways!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by GboyegaD(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
VCTROKOYE: pls I intend to go for a visit in US in December but my passport will expire in August September 2015. I understand that a minimum of two years visa is issued in first attempt. Do you think I have a chance since I will have less than 2 years left by then? Please, I need urgent response on this.

Go ahead and apply with your current passport.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pj5(f): 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hello everyone. I am compelled to write about my visa experience due to the help I got from the experience of others on this thread. Hopefully, someone else in search of information will find this useful someday.

I had my interview on Wednesday, August 7th, just before the Muslim holidays. I was interviewed by the guy everyone dreaded who was denying people. I was actually praying not to be interviewed by him but lo and behold my number flashed at his counter. I simply imagined the VO was a difficult judge I had to convince about my case grin I was asked 3 short questions and here is how it went:
Me:Good morning
VO: Why do you want to go to the US?
Me: To attend------conference
VO: And where is that taking place
Me: Boston,Massachusetts
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as a legal practitioner at -------, I also write for------ and run (VO cuts in)
VO: You are a really very busy young lady (to which i just laughed). I am approving your Visa.

And that was how it went. No question on where I have traveled to, no documents checked, nothing.

I have come to understand that confidence is key and God holds the key.
I wish future applicants all the best smiley

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
Henries: thanks for the hint,pls dont u think it ll be better to leave it open n maintain my ignorance than to try n reseal n look as if am tryin to do a cover up.

Leaving it open to maintain your ignorance will lead to outright refusal of entry.

***Reasons:

1. It will amount to a situation of implied disobedience. Do you know that losing any document however small in that your package due to your decision, is going to result in your refusal to enter the States?

2. The CBP officer will then begin to wonder how many other persons have been able to view that document which is considered a confidential case concerning your spouse and yourself.

You had better seal that package and forget all these unnecessary questions!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
Henries: thanks for the hint,pls dont u think it ll be better to leave it open n maintain my ignorance than to try n reseal n look as if am tryin to do a cover up.

I'll contact the embassy and explain the situation. They will advice you on what to do. They should be able to re-seal the envelope for a small fee. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
babbs45:

I'll contact the embassy and explain the situation. They will advice you on what to do. They should be able to re-seal the envelope for a small fee. Good luck.
pls,how do i contact the embassy.i ll be leavin in a week,thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
House I am veryy sorry to deviate from the thread. But please House I want to book a reservation to a hotel in Italy but all the hotels I'll try tells me to pay please can someone please help and gimme a site I can book Hotels with free reservation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
balotelli: House I am veryy sorry to deviate from the thread. But please House I want to book a reservation to a hotel in Italy but all the hotels I'll try tells me to pay please can someone please help and gimme a site I can book Hotels with free reservation

try tripadvisor

or

booking.com
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
Henries: pls,how do i contact the embassy.i ll be leavin in a week,thanks

Emailing the embassy would have been the best but since you are leaving in a weeks time, I'll suggest you call them.

Telephone: 234- 1- 460- 3400.

Email: Lagosiv@state.gov.

Also you can have your spouse call the immigration office in the city that she resides in, to find out the way forward.

IMO, if you have to re- seal the envelope, it has to be done by the embassy.

Be front about it if you decide to re-seal the envelope yourself because they're definitely going to know its been tempered with. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 3:31am On Aug 13, 2013
babbs45:

Emailing the embassy would have been the best but since you are leaving in a weeks time, I'll suggest you call them.

Telephone: 234- 1- 460- 3400.

Email: Lagosiv@state.gov.

Also you can have your spouse call the immigration office in the city that she resides in, to find out the way forward.

IMO, if you have to re- seal the envelope, it has to be done by the embassy.

Be front about it if you decide to re-seal the envelope yourself because they're definitely going to know its been tempered with. All the best.
@babbs45,God ll continue to favour u.dnt understand what u me by i should be front about it,thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (323)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.