Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,306 members, 7,947,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items (27724 Views)

Senate Expresses Worry Of Fresh Naira Fall / Buhari Expresses Outrage Over The Murder Of Ahmed Gulak / Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by samdunzo: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
simplesearch:
The border closure has achieved no purpose as it were, I was against the closure ab initio. The multiplier effect will be such that since we are unable to attain self sufficiency in food production we'll be at the mercy of the forces of supply. Let the border be open but with stringent regulatory measure that will only allow importation of items for which we are comparatively at disadvantage. Let the govt not fear a backlash, since only God is omniscient. They can start with a commodity at a time.

Yes this is a good idea. Unfortunately however, the closure and subsequent rise in prices has exposed just how fragile the food market is. So, now it can be used against us as leverage. In theory, closing borders sounded good, but Nigeria is not equipped to handle the needs of 200m+ people when most farmers are still using hoe and cutlass. Real 21st century farming requires both science and technology, which goes back to the lack of attention in our education sector. Hopefully we learned and will plan better next time

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Emyogalanya: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Optional09:
Lol baba in Shock again!??
where are the sai barbarians when you need them thier top 9 want score own goal . Let them and defend

1 Like

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by 4tomandchi: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
I laugh in Spanish, which other harvest are we waiting for. Nigerians brace yourself for what is coming. Fuel now =N=151 Garri =N=400 Rice =N= 800 na harvest go reduce fuel abi? smiley
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by dalass(f): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari is a terrorist!!!

Modified:

The wickedest president this country has ever witnessed

You increased fuel pump price shocked shocked shocked which automatically means increase in transportation

Increased electrical tarrifs

You closed border to encourage we patronize Nigerians thinking that since everything is locally sourced, food items will be cheaper but NO!!! It quadrupled

your fellow terrorists are wrecking havoc on people's farms and you are not even bothered yet you are concerned undecided

The only thing you have not and can never tax is the air we breathe cause you no be God undecided

God will punish you!!!

Does he know
He's eating free food, free medical tourism, free clothes, free power supply, free fuel, allowance for his every need. His spokesperson is just paying lip service .

He's always shocked, surprised or unaware of what's happening in Nigeria as its President... .. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Lamanii22(f): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
dokie:

That's the nation's monthly minimum wage for a bag of what is supposed to be the worlds cheapest staple food.

We are in a serious crises o.

I swear.... Even yam that is locally produced is way too high man... I had to be very good friends with one mallam in the market.. I'd just tell him "Saliu I need 500naira yam" he'd find reasonable. One for me...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Funkybabee(f): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
where is those nlc self
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Ologbojo2023: 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari is a terrorist!!!

Modified:

You increased fuel pump price shocked shocked shocked which automatically means increase in transportation

You closed border to encourage we patronize Nigerians thinking that since everything is locally sourced, food items will be cheaper but NO!!! It quadrupled

your fellow terrorists are wrecking havoc on people's farms and you are not even bothered yet you are concerned undecided

The only thing you have not and can never tax is the air we breathe cause you no be God undecided

God will punish you!!!

I say big amen to that

1 Like

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by dalass(f): 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
samdunzo:

Yes this is a good idea. Unfortunately however, the closure and subsequent rise in prices has exposed just how fragile the food market is. So, now it can be used against us as leverage. In theory, closing borders sounded good, but Nigeria is not equipped to handle the needs of 200m+ people when most farmers are still using hoe and cutlass. Real 21st century farming requires both science and technology, which goes back to the lack of attention in our education sector. Hopefully we learned and will plan better next time

There are many farming but herders, kidnappers, terrorists have made life for farmers tough.....

Feeder roads to farms in the rainy season is not helping matters as many are simply terrible for transportation of farm produce. I pity poultry farmers, they can barely feed themselves not to speak of their birds...

Buhari should take decisive steps and plan for the future instead of the usual shock and other expressions he displays... This is the time for action Mr President

1 Like

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Greatfuture: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Yankee101: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
It's called inflation
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by tylesh(f): 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
This guy has dementia
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by samdunzo: 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
dalass:

There are many farming but herders, kidnappers, terrorists have made life for farmers tough.....

Feeder roads to farms in the rainy season is not helping matters as many are simply terrible for transportation of farm produce. I pity poultry farmers, they can barely feed themselves not to speak of their birds...

Buhari should take decisive steps and plan for the future instead of the usual shock and other expressions he displays... This is the time for action Mr President

True as well. All in all, Buhari’s nonchalant attitude in the areas of education and security are now harming the rest of the populace. The sad thing is, if these criminals were from the south, they likely would have been dealt with by now

1 Like

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Ezmans: 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
SpecTTraP:
As if he cares
it shall never be well with Afonja, they I'll continue to beg with this fake package
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by callyboi(m): 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
CHIMaaaah:
e no shock am this time around grin cheesy
Omo na he did the opposite of this
If Thunder will not fire you people that were shouting change since 2015
You fools, now see what y'all have caused, uncircumcised bunch of fools
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by excel101(m): 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Under the elder statesman nose prices of foodstuffs is increasing everyday, and he said he's worried.
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Simplythebest: 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
You are worried about increase in food items and at the same time you are busy increasing fuel and electricity prices what a wonderful president. Sai baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by lereinter(m): 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
I curse you

May your kids don't grow

Wicked man of daura

You won't escape damnation
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by mentored: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Franking: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2020
The silence of those who usually come here to defend Buhari is deafening. I thought only the Igbos say negative things about the president.

Sai baba joor. Buhari is doing well, biko. We love u our dear president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Buksaylor: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2020
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Kingbuhari(m): 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Worry kee you there
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Shaev7(m): 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari is a terrorist!!!

Modified:

God will punish you!!!

the way you wrote the most "wickedest" show say e enter blood. Na puppet dey Aso Rock. we don't have a President since last year. Today price of fuel went up, now see headline to contradict am. What does this mean? No President...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by NwaliE01: 10:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
Most senseless leader ever in Nigeria history
Now I see reason for his dethronement during the military government.
Very very proficient in incompetent.
Even to sustain gains made by the previous administration who shy.
Get the country better and you said God forbid.
Sell the country you said no buyer. Give us true federalism you said no.
God why? All this Na your fault oh if you ask Me.
Had it been you take this life away. We for no be where we are today.
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Mozegee: 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
This man is heartless, sometimes I think God has forsaken us in this country. We the Masses are suffering day by day. And the most useless president in the history of mankind is looking for another way to decieve us. I caused the day you became the president of this country

1 Like

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by hush15: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/buhari-expresses-worry-over-high-price-of-food-items/amp/

Buhari is worried about high food price but decided to increase fuel too to balance everything....
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by fidtopade: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
And you are still increasing fuel pump price. I rather kill myself than commit suicide!
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by InvertedHammer: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
/
I believe the Presidency gave the mandate to his media handlers to do progressive Press Releases on pressing issues. I don't believe PMB made the statements.It is just Garba Shehu doing his publicity stunt. Do you really believe that Buhari is aware of inflationary pressure on foodstuff? Where? When? How? Yeah right!

The only thing Buhari and his team know is that it is time for breakfast, lunch or dinner and they saunter to sumptuous meals which he usually ends with a toothpick and legs to the table.

/
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by PitexyBaba(m): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari is a terrorist!!!

Modified:

God will punish you!!!

Haaa

1 Like

Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by DeGenius3(m): 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
The truth is, it is not Buhari that expresses the worry.

It is always Garbage Shehu who thinks Nigerians are stupid.
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by Zetty177x: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lies
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by luckingto50: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
Mr. President Buhari is worried this time around not shocked
Re: Buhari Expresses Worry Over High Price Of Food Items by petitejolie(f): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
One day one day. We will be free from you. You flogged a child with koboko and still wondering why the child is crying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oyinlola To Akande: You Awarded N800m Contract, Made Full Advance Payment / Shehu Sani Explains Why Senators, Including Opposition Members, Fear Suspension / Major Fuel Price Increase Looms In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.