Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,038 members, 7,928,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 09:06 AM

My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife (15740 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by SweetT1: 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2011
25omega:

Are you kidding ^^^ i hope so

poster your wife and her family knew you before you all got married so if nothing has changed you need to be more assertive and speak up for yourself. if they are disrespecting you it must be that you are broke as a joke and they feed your family of you live under their roof. even if that was the case they have no right to talk recless to you so speak up. you dont have to live up to their expectation you only have to live up to taking care of your family

That is the problem, this brother has lost his job, it's hard for a man to take care of his family if he has no job. I bet if this brother has good job, nothing he does can go wrong in the front of his in-laws. Even when he start cheating on his wife, his in-laws will blame their daughter. But everything is wrong in the eyes of the in-laws if a man has no job. Even when he takes a bullet for their daughter, they'll be like "so what?, atleast he has no other job". My advice to you in a nutshell brother, is that go look for a J-O-B!
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by geeluck: 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Guess who paid for the house?

Na the Inlaws oooo  grin
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2011
1. It is wrong for you and your in-laws to stay together, its breeds disrespect especially when you are broke.
2. Its wrong to impregnate your wife when you havent got a job, its breed macro poverty and extension of burden.
3. Its wrong for you to beg your wife when you are supposed to discuss and instruct her as head of the family

Solution:
Be creative, stop hoping on jobs cos there are no jobs. Get a skill, that will generate income.
Leave the house for above and never come back until you got money
Repeat above until you succeed.

No money, no friend, no love, no happiness, no life, even the gods will abandone you if you done appease them with wine & Kolanuts, and MONEY buys WINE and kolanuts.

Your wife is fed up and is searching for options, may be an ex-boyfriend that used to be "man" enough. Do not be afraid of divorce, its natural to be heart broken.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by ifyalways(f): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Jenny,lol Fowl nyash don open  cheesy
@OP,Like AlmondJoy once said,If you must lie wholly or partly on NLD,co-ordinate and arrange your lies well,make sure u adorn the lies with strong bullet-proof.  
Anyways,Its obvious u have financial and marital problems.Dust up urself and face the challenges squarely.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Ikwikwikwi(m): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
go get a suicide vest and blow them all up, end of discussion. Dem are bee chees
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by geeluck: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2011
ifyalways:

@Jenny,lol Fowl nyash don open  cheesy
@OP,Like AlmondJoy once said,If you must lie wholly or partly on NLD,co-ordinate and arrange your lies well,make sure u adorn the lies with strong bullet-proof.  
Anyways,Its obvious u have financial and marital problems.Dust up urself and face the challenges squarely.

Well spoken,
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Johnnoo(m): 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2011

This explains it

Naija women would make your life horrible when you dont have a job. Why not just travel to another place and try to get any kind of job even if na hustling job. Free all those your wife and her family.

Simple!
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
Oboy forget story, work, get money then come back here to complain if your inlaws still disrespect you, even in the Bible no food for lazy man let alone LOVE grin grin grin
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dbigrod(m): 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Guess who paid for the house?

ahhhh.who did? the in-laws? didnt see dat in his post,   undecided

OP, go find job na.what is your role as the man of the house if u cant provide for your family? watch football and sleep ?
dayokanu:

This explains it

Naija women would make your life horrible when you dont have a job. Why not just travel to another place and try to get any kind of job even if na hustling job. Free all those your wife and her family.

N.B: Guy you sef no get job and you still get liver to give person belle. I bow for you o

@dayo,since the guy no get job,im go fork na. grin  grin  grin
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Johnnoo(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2011

N.B: Guy you sef no get job and you still get liver to give person belle. I bow for you o

Guy, you sef, (lol)
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Cougar2: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2011
kisskriss:

really sad 

Their last born even said i was rude for talking to my wife quietly while she was right there.

I begged my wife to tell her mother(my wife doesn't want to tell her for unknown reason and i told her it'll be unfair not to inform her about it) that she was pregnant with our second baby only for her mother to ask her if that is next thing for her to do while i was standing there.i was shocked cos i ve never complained of any financial problem to her before.

Her younger sister gave my wife number to her past toaster or whatever is being called

I don't know what to do,i m really confused about this my in-laws.

I can go on and on

ban all of them from entering your house. you have paid her bride-price. . . .what is their business again in what you do under your roof. it's time to be a man and take some drastic actions. in-laws that don't respect themselves should be locked down.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by callme2: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2011
try and get something doing.
Generally, women get irritated when d man does nothing
if it means you going for a Conductor job, do it and you will be exalted from there
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2011
d bigrod:

ahhhh.who did? the inlaws? didnt see dat in his post,   undecided

OP, go find job na.what is your role as the man of the house if u cant provide for your family? watch football and sleep ?
@dayo,since the guy no get job,im go fork na. grin  grin  grin

I no know how some men dey do am, But how your prick go dey strong when you no get money sef?
LeoMax:

1. It is wrong for you and your in-laws to stay together, its breeds disrespect especially when you are broke.
2. Its wrong to impregnate your wife when you havent got a job, its breed macro poverty and extension of burden.

Solution:
Be creative, stop hoping on jobs cos there are no jobs. Get a skill, that will generate income.
Leave the house for above and never come back until you got money
Repeat above until you succeed.

I dont know how ppl would continue to make babies when they dont have money to take care of them unless you are planning to use the kids for jazz money, Its just recycling poverty Almajiri style.

Or do you think by some stroke of luck the kids would just turn out good? Even when the kids are old they would disrespect you.

I know some children that if you tell them that "God would let you be like your daddy" They reply "God forbid"

Is that what you want?

Take your bag, Foget about them, travel somewhere else. If shame no go gree you do menial job for your current location then move somewhere remote.

Its better for you to see them once in 2 weeks and they know Daddy is sending money than for them to see you everyday and hiss as they pass you by cos you are broke, useless and worthless to their lives.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2011
*Cougar*:

ban all of them from entering your house. you have paid her bride-price. . . .what is their business again in what you do under your roof. it's time to be a man and take some drastic actions. in-laws that don't respect themselves should be locked down.

Ask the OP who paid for the house or who is paying the rents
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Cougar2: 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Ask the OP who paid for the house or who is paying the rents

it has to be his house. he couldn't have married in the house of his in-laws.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by hercules07: 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Dayo

Do you know the configuration of the wife, do you know the specs, the madam fit get boobsie and yansh well well (no offence to mr Cork), as the guy no dey work, idle hand na devil's workshop now, the bros for buy condoms sha o, the woman try dey give am some sef, some women go close legs pam pam.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by hercules07: 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Cougar

Landlord no dey kick person out for hin house go squat with in law? Pray that you do not lose your job o.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Cougar2: 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2011
hercules07:

@Cougar

Landlord no dey kick person out for hin house go squat with in law? Pray that you do not lose your job o.

squat with my in-law? it can never happen. squat with which in-law? who dem be? i no get family?
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2011
*Cougar*:

it has to be his house. he couldn't have married in the house of his in-laws.

How does a jobless man pay rents? Unless he is living in Section 8 house.

Either he lives with the inlaws, The inlaws paid for the house or the inlaws know that their daughter is the one paying for the house.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
*Cougar*:

squat with my in-law? it can never happen. squat with which in-law? who dem be? i no get family?

Rather than stay with my inlaws, I would rather stay with my family and friends in "Boys house" style
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Cougar2: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

How does a jobless man pay rents? Unless he is living in Section 8 house.

Either he lives with the inlaws, The inlaws paid for the house or the inlaws know that their daughter is the one paying for the house.

he used to have a job until he lost it - this means he had a roof over his head till he got sacked. even if the in-laws know their daughter is the one now paying for the house, it still gives them no right to disrespect him. he is the head of that house and he should take charge before things get awry.

dayokanu:

Rather than stay with my inlaws, I would rather stay with my family and friends in "Boys house" style

i will move to my father's house rather than stay with in-laws. there should be some sort of pride and dignity in whatever a man is doing.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by BlueMagic2(m): 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2011
Dude whateva the case maybe, its obvious ur wife has allowed the disrespect that's why the rest of the family also disrespects U. U are d man of d house no matter what & u need to start acting like 1. U did not marry the rest of the family, U only married 1 member of the family and u need to let them know 2 stay d F@#K out of ur biz. So either ur wife stays her ass right there with u thru thick & thin or go back 2 her sorry ass family, then u gonna see who's gonna have d last laugh. This is the 21st century dude MAN UP!!!!!!!!!! & start taking care of ur biz. Even the queen of england respects her hubby like we even know who he is & so does the rest of the royal family. So handle ur Biz manangry
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by hercules07: 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Dayo

Stay with your family? If your wife no gree with your family nko, if it is cat and mouse between them, you will have no choice than to eat humble pie and stay with the inlaws (no coming home late o, remember it is not your house), abi you want to put no work wahala on top of wife and family wahala (one of them will kill you).
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Cougar2: 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2011
hercules07:

@Dayo

Stay with your family? If your wife no gree with your family nko, if it is cat and mouse between them, you will have no choice than to eat humble pie and stay with the inlaws (no coming home late o, remember it is not your house), abi you want to put no work wahala on top of wife and family wahala (one of them will kill you).

if my wife no gree with my family then too bad for her. my decision is final. we signed for better for worse.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by callme2: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2011
try and get something doing.
Generally, women get irritated when d man does nothing
if it means you going for a Conductor job, do it and you will be exalted from there

What are the Inlaws even GLUTTONING in your house when they know you have nothing doing at the moment?
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by hercules07: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2011
Cougar

You are going through the worse by staying with the in-laws, ol boy stoop to conquer o, beggars can not be choosers o, just pray you have a nice wife who understands or else.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2011
*Cougar*:

he used to have a job until he lost it - this means he had a roof over his head till he got sacked. even if the in-laws know their daughter is the one now paying for the house, it still gives them no right to disrespect him. he is the head of that house and he should take charge before things get awry.

It doesnt work that way. When a man is not in financial control a lot of "soap go dey rub am". When your wife is the one paying the rent they would tell you the wife needs to start wearing trouser and you tying wrapper.

i will move to my father's house rather than stay with in-laws. there should be some sort of pride and dignity in whatever a man is doing.

Atimes finances dey get k-leg  but for me I would stay anywhere but with my inlaws.
hercules07:

@Dayo

Stay with inlaws for inlaw house?  So when you dey hump your wife her family go come knock say "Bros all the energy wey you suppose take find work, na him you wan take injure our daughter"  grin grin grin
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Poster, i dont wanna know whether you have lost your job or the poorest man on earth.
All i know is you shouldnt sit down like a mumu and allow your inlaws insult you, not even her parents
For crying out loud you are the man of the house
A man's  diginity and respect from from the ability to stand firm, brave, and confident.
You will only make yourself look like a damn weakling (which they have taken you) if you dont speak up.
Your situation isnt the worse on earth as such dont let anyone look down on you, on you on yourself.
Afterall they enjpoyed the money with you when the salary was coming in.
If things don't change, KICK YOUR WIFE AND HER INLAWS OUT OF YOUR HOUSE and concentrate on yourself (working on

Go sort things out.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Cougar2: 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2011
hercules07:

Cougar

You are going through the worse by staying with the in-laws, ol boy stoop to conquer o, beggars can not be choosers o, just pray you have a nice wife who understands or else.

how can i even stay with my in-laws? on what grounds? some men don't have dignity. any man staying with his in laws for whatever reasons needs to be castrated.

dayokanu:

It doesnt work that way. When a man is not in financial control a lot of "soap go dey rub am". When your wife is the one paying the rent they would tell you the wife needs to start wearing trouser and you tying wrapper.

how is that possible? is it the same wife i have fed, clothed, housed when i had my job? it's not possible. the man is the head of the house and some few months without a job can never change that. i will set dogs on such in laws.

Atimes finances dey get k-leg  but for me I would stay anywhere but with my inlaws.
Stay with inlaws for inlaw house?  So when you dey hump your wife her family go come knock say "Bros all the energy wey you suppose take find work, na him you wan take injure our daughter"  grin grin grin

i can never stay with any in-law. no matter how nice they seem to appear or not.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2011
I think it would be wise to confirm if the house is his own. Does he own it or pay the rents?

If not then he is handicapped
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by Cougar2: 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

I think it would be wise to confirm if the house is his own. Does he own it or pay the rents?

If not then he is handicapped

but why would the in laws leave their own house to torment a jobless man? i know he has not covered himself in glory impregnating his wife when he's got financial problems but the in laws went out of order abeg.
Re: My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife by simpleseyi: 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
Please send these in-laws out of your house before it is too late. If however you are living in their house (God forbids), you better pack out now now now. The fact that you are jobless does not make you a fool. Please note that you have to really reallyy rude with some people because they will never take corrections.

I am married and my in-laws know that I dont take shit, luckily they are all older than I am as I married the las born of the family. My in-laws tell my wife behind me that I am so so nice but too tough.

I wish you best of luck but not goodluck jonathan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sad Facts About Modern Family Life / I Am Looking For My Dad: Emeka Kanezi / Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.