Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,821 members, 7,872,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? (60481 Views)

"I Don't Know How Dad Got My Pretty Mum": Lady Shares Throwback Photo Of Parents / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria / Ihedioha, My Kind Of Model At 53. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by luminouz(m): 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
Clonepops:

OH.. You found out its fake?

Fuqin fake as the 'p' in psychology bro.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Xfemt(m): 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,
I want to seek for you peoples opinions regarding my family challenges.

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.
my advice for u is move on. just take it u don't Ve a family, just accept u re an orphan. because d moment u give in to der demand my dear ur down fall will start all over again. my opinion. dis life na trade by batter. u can't give Wht u don't Ve.

ok bye
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by JennyOfOldstones(f): 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:

The got to know of where I'm working. I don't know who told them. They arranged with someone I was relating with to bring them to my house. When I got Intel about it. Warned the person not to bring anyone to my house and dissociated with the person. Now they are saying I'm rich and don't want to help anyone but I don't care.
Your parents are insane!! Where is this disgusting sense of entitlement coming from when they almost left you to die on the streets. In a saner clime, both of them would be charged to court for child abandonment. The fact that none of them has even asked for forgiveness or apologized to you for what happened speaks volumes.
Cut them off completely, their children included. You can choose to forgive them in future but even if you do, keep your distance. Forgiveness is different from reconciliation.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Xfemt(m): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:

The got to know of where I'm working. I don't know who told them. They arranged with someone I was relating with to bring them to my house. When I got Intel about it. Warned the person not to bring anyone to my house and dissociated with the person. Now they are saying I'm rich and don't want to help anyone but I don't care.
my dear don't help any one
let dem go to hell

move on
warn dem de shud forget about u
u don't know dem

Wht rubbish
evil DAT men do live wit dem and not after dem. so de shud live wit it
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
dorin27:
It is well. It is never good to pay evil with evil. You can keep your distance and the same time help in the little way you can. You cannot change the fact that THEY ARE STILL YOUR PARENTS.

What is he doing that is evil?
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Oselu28(f): 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
capnies:
Change your phone number now. But if any of them trace you and apologize you can forgive that one but for now they are yet to realize what they did to you if your story is true ooooo

Who did you read my mind?
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
Mark 11:26 KJV
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.Matthew 6:12 KJV
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

If you want God to forgive you then you must forgive them.
Remember Joseph forgave his brothers.
Just thank God for all He has done for you and forgive.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Liposure: 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
Akamariner:
Never associate with people that are not willing to add any form of benefit to your existence, this life is a solo race, regardless of who is who.

Fear not, who no Kno you before, should not know you now, it's your life and only your life, the only people that matters are those that genuinely add any form of benefit to your life.

That's what I shall do, if I'm to be in your shoe
bless u
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Oizee(f): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
Clonepops:
yeah... AND EVEN carry their financial burden... Or.. No wait.. He should collect his salary and give them everything then wait for them to give him whatever they wish out of the salary... Forgive ko.. Forgive ni
lol, for where? Forgiveness doesn't mean he's going to be taking care of dere financial wahala now, nooooo, it means he accepted them as parents, but d gap is already there and there's nothing anyone can do about it. He should help as if he's helping a total stranger in need and that's if he has d means.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SATANNIST: 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
why do you people like saying this is happening. Bleep this shittt i am not reading. Bleep you and Bleep your useless parents
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Ekugbeh(m): 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
StacyO:
mmmmm

"Sips more dorothy's milk"
fine gel. Xup
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by aomolola: 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
Your case is similar to my dad's . it's just that his mum still tried her best but her effort was limited due to her wicked husband who doesn't want him close at all. My Dad loved his siblings n he tried bringing them close but they ended up turning their backs on him after they must have gotten what they wanted from him. He had no choice than to let them be n hold on to God. I always feel my dad's pain whenever he tries to tell us what he went through. So, I can feel your pains. Just let them be.U can forgive but be careful with them.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.

Can we talk in private ?
That is, if you don't mind

If it's okay, do send me a mail: via.ofida@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by ZooOga: 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Abeg pls reconcile your stories.

How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) - Family - Nairaland

How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by SecretSpy666: 12:31pm On Jan 10

https://www.nairaland.com/5624156/how-got-married-just-n28900

registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

COST OF THE WEDDING IN DETAIL:
Statutory marriage (court wedding) – took place in December, 2015

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
1) Wedding Certificate fee N8,000
2) Wedding ring N1,500
3) Clothes for the wedding for both of us (including sewing) N13, 600
4) Two crates of multina N5000
5) One carton of Digestive biscuit N600
6) Transport for both of us (kake napep) N200 (to and fro)

Total: N 28,900

No reception

Few invitees and no much celebrations

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:
I spent about 35,000 including clothes.

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
Start little and God we increase it…
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by medic555(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

bos in my humble opinion I feel you forgive them but put them at arms length, don't let them starve but also don't give them enough just avoid unnecessary familiarity but please try forgive Dem to avoid unnecessary attention and bad-mouthing forgiving Dem does not make them welcome in ur house a situation of detente is enough
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Jacksparrow7(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
Lolz...
Okay with all due respect, you have no parent.
Yes...if I adopt a child, I become his parent if I take care of him, provide the 3 basic needs of life, and no abuse...or else the government has right to take the child, be it biological child or not.

So don't give them anything.
Let them enjoy the bitter fruit whose seed they sowed.
If you try to help them maybe by giving them money for business or start up one for them, they will crumble it and eat the money, because you not there and they will start looking for your help and tell you lies.
I repeat don't help them... you are wise to have brought this to our attention.
Let them reap it, don't try to stop them from reaping it, else you reap that thing of a fool, and you are not.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
For me I will forget about them and move on!!.. They just wanna use u that's all. Not love.

seriously in this kind of matter I will classify myself as an Orphan.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by baby124: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Good for you. Please block all their numbers and move on. If you need a relative for your wedding, only call the person who accepted you in his house when no body will. I wish you good luck for the rest of your life.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by DarkJeddi(m): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
GboyegaD:

It is easier to advice him that because you are not in his shoes. Anyways, he alone can decide what his best option is.
He already made it clear that he doesn't want a relationship with them..
And I'll do exactly like that if am in his shoes..
Being a family is made of many,many years of shared relationships and interactions..
If I never shared a relationship with you,then you aren't my family..

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by natanyin: 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
It will be wise for you to cut all ties with the before they render you useless ,let anyone say what ever they want don't just border yourself..
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by sammiepraise(m): 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
change your number and move on with your life. they never needed you why you were down, you brought yourself up. so i wonder why you will need them now when all they want is just to satisfy their desires. they don't still care about you, its just what they can get.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Helju: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
They don't deserve to be part of your life. That being said, if they ask for forgiveness, forgive them for your sake.
Forgiving them does not mean they become a part of your life. It just makes you move forward.
If you can put a stipend in their account every month as any child should do, please do......no amount is too small. They are bad parents, please don't join issues with them.
You don't have to communicate with them, just do your bit and leave them to God.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by UgoFly: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
It's not by your might that you find yourself successful, you could also end up poor and broke. Don't let your little success get into your head and you want to override God. Forgive your parents and help them in anyway you can but still keep your distance. Nothing is guaranteed in this world including the small wealth you think you have.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Reference(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2020
Don't recompense evil for evil. Your very existence is a testament that they have an opportunity to change. Don't squander it. Make them in your own image. An image of sacrifice, fortitude and love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Jacksparrow7(m): 9:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
This is the problem...u forgot Joseph tested them if they have repented.
Forgive by having no grudges to those parents...but d highest thing of kindness you can do for them is to treat them like total strangers
okuo:
Mark 11:26 KJV
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.Matthew 6:12 KJV
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

If you want God to forgive you then you must forgive them.
Remember Joseph forgave his brothers.
Just thank God for all He has done for you and forgive.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Asapchris(m): 9:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
My brother, see it as if you don't have father and mother cus if you don't survive it. Or assuming your enemy has died since they abandoned you. Huh. If I were you I will tell them I don't know them.

Or you do it this way just help them once and tell them never to come to you again. Just to serve God through them....
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Prettychild(f): 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

It's a pity you have to go through all these. Just forgive them but have nothing to do with them because if there's another chance for this to happen again, they will still treat you the same way. Humans don't change
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by JB4life: 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
[quote author=SecretSpy666 post=94082921]Greetings Nairalanders,

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family. [/quote

If everything is truly as presented here, you are not indebted to either of your parents.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
A father in need is a father indeed.
A mother in need is a mother indeed.
A brother/sister in need is the brother/sister indeed.

Indeed.com.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by kurlz(f): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:

Just change your number. Or block them.

If they find a way round it tell them you have forgiven them but don't want to have anything to do with them. That's not a sin.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by dnawah(m): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

do as you please,but we can say that the 6 other virgins that had enough oils are weaker?the Bible call them wise.my brother be wise
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by oshorstan(m): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

You're Wicked!
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by IamOrei(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
Listen dear, I have a good number of suggestions/advice for you. Call me on 09072720820. I live in Adebayo

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Saheed Husaini & Fatima Musa Stabbing Update: Husband Speaks / Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.