Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,262 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:08 AM

What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? (60568 Views)

"I Don't Know How Dad Got My Pretty Mum": Lady Shares Throwback Photo Of Parents / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria / Ihedioha, My Kind Of Model At 53. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by kunle75(m): 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,
I want to seek for you peoples opinions regarding my family challenges.

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.

Whatever you decide i support you 100%
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by IamAngelica(f): 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
This is going to be the last thing you want to hear but i'm going to say/type it anyway. I think you should forgive them not because they deserve it but because it will help to heal the pain and hurt they have caused you. If you want to assist financially, it's fine too, but know that if you decide not to, it's not your problem. I'd advise that you forgive them,( because it's in your best interest too) cut them off and move on. You said you want to get married, that's a good thing but you have to let her know what happened to you. Also if you ever have children, don't make them go through what you went through. Above all, pray to God for guidance.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:

The got to know of where I'm working. I don't know who told them. They arranged with someone I was relating with to bring them to my house. When I got Intel about it. Warned the person not to bring anyone to my house and dissociated with the person. Now they are saying I'm rich and don't want to help anyone but I don't care.
Please forgive them for your own peace of mind, but it is upto you to decide if you will help them financially or not, cause right now they want to use you and nothing more. Be wise and dont let them use you.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.

The lord is Ur strength my brother. Keep moving and never look back
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Ganjafama(m): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

All those telling you to forgive and help your parents are hypocrites. If you want peace just dey your own.Look for a good girl and start a family. Such kind of parents don't deserve forgiveness or help of any kind.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
oshorstan:

You're Wicked!

If he is wicked what do u call his parents?
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by amliftedhigher: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Please they are no longer your parents. Be a man that God made you to be.
Get married, get friends to accompany you to your girlfriend house. Don't lie to the family. Tell them that you don't have parents.
Do not give a dime to any of those people you called your parents.
I spit on them

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
You are very lucky to have your parent coming back. If my own pop, somehow call me asking for recharge card, i will x10 his request, i will travel to sokoto or Kano to get the best suya as a gift to him for calling me alone.

Nothing bad in relating with or helping them if you can, that's humanly. If you feel detached from them, tell them straight to their face, and that whatever you do is only for the sake of God and Humanity in you.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by amliftedhigher: 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
Akamariner:

Tah!, no forgiveness for willingly chosing to be foolish, every other form of sin is forgivable, but not willful foolishness, it's worse than murder, let them taste from the wine they served.
In fact God will not be happy if I forgive them.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by osayuwamwen(m): 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
But how did u manage to pay your par time fee and do masters while working in a block industry
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by wax123(m): 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
I think u should totally avoid them, because from ur story they are suddenly interested in u cos of material gains...."use this period that u dont have external obligation to invest, build house cos tomorrow if im red 4 u, no one is coming"....forgive them and move on with ur life but dont have anything to do with them, cos they will suck u dry n leave u....READ THE THE QUOTED ABOVE AGAIN...E get why

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by peacenow: 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
You have the right to be angry but remember that the seed of selfishness planted in you may not germinate if you forgive.

Remember what they did wrong: They went their separate ways and left you alone because they were selfish. You eventually made it to the point where basic food, shelter and clothing are not your problems anymore.

If you can make it, kindly remember that God packaged you as a message of miracle.
Everyman's success and failure are in him untill one presses the botton of manifestation
Don't allow the selfishness that led to the destruction of your parent union manifest in you.

God helped you for a reason, your past mess is now a message of miracle to those who forget that there is God in heaven that runs the affairs of human beings.

Pray, forgive, let go and let God
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by ZooOga: 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ganjafama:
All those telling you to forgive and help your parents are hypocrites. If you want peace just dey your own.Look for a good girl and start a family. Such kind of parents don't deserve forgiveness or help of any kind.

This Nollywood script writer told NL he's married since 2015. Everyone in the thread got yahooed grin

How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by SecretSpy666: 12:31pm On Jan 10
https://www.nairaland.com/5624156/how-got-married-just-n28900
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by kushme: 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Respect to your doggedness.

Now that you are planning to get married, hope you won't act like your Simp father by giving the lady the power to rule/ruin your life!

Cause, if some men see Toto, dem no dey think straight again.

Always remember that, the girl wey you wan marry now no go look you twice if you are not what you are now.. tongue
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Kayw4re(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Hmmn, your story and how far you have come in life is a combination of many sad things that are beyond words.

The psychological effects of not being wanted, neglected, abandoned ,helpless and lonely for such long periods in one's life (from 2years old) can make someone develop bad blood, grow up to be bitter, pessimistic and a lone ranger.

Its normal to feel hatred towards your parents.
Its normal to detach yourself from everyone who have put you through pains at some point in your life.
The thought of revenge and paying people back in their own coin will likely prevail in your heart.

BUT...
I'll still want you to consider 'not paying evil for evil'. Its not a must you embrace you parents and family members. You could find a way to help them secretly or unanimously. In a little way if not much.

Just like Joseph in the bible, you have prevailed through the mercies of God and that is the most important thing.

I'm happy for you sir.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by amliftedhigher: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
FreelanceRebel:
You are very lucky to have your parent coming back. If my own pop, somehow call me asking for recharge card, i will x10 his request, i will travel to sokoto or Kano to get the best suya as a gift to him for calling me alone.

Nothing bad in relating with or helping them if you can, that's humanly. If you feel detached from them, tell them straight to their face, and that whatever you do is only for the sake of God and Humanity in you.

Paying evil with evil will stop evil

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
You should be Grateful to God , despite without parental care,moral nor advise,God see you through the struggle and make you who you re today,then your parent showing up to ripe from you, This has become your cross that you have to bear, you wont knw why things re not going well for your step brothers/sister or your parent, now that they need help, be strong enough to reach out help in your little way to them, you dont need to be close to them or anything,not forgiven them is a big burden on you that might hinder lot blessing ahead of you. do your path for God.. remember they your biological parent and u cant change that fact.. honor them still irrespective of what they might have done to you, so you day might be long.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by adontcare(f): 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
Pls forgive and avoid them
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Bewiseedet(m): 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
I don't help any of them, I repeat don't help any of them. Pay them back with their coin. Na so my own parent dey treat me, I just dey laugh them only if them know wetin dey my mind.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Dejijossy(m): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
God placed you where you find yourself today. Many people have the same experience like your but never got the breakthrough you had. Give the little you can without stressing your personal finance. Do not keep any of their kids with you.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by ChikaSunday(m): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Marry without their knowledge if its possible by your traditional + church ways. After that forgive your parents(make sure you do this only after your marriage o; and give them + their children serious gaps if you don't want cry had-I-known in the long run
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Victorious12: 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Bro, I feel ur pain
me sef won't hear any story from another person or family
I'll gladly cut from who doesn't support me
If you where dead, what will they say, some will say that you join bad gang
Like I said I'll gladly cut from who doesn't support me, I'll give you time if you will change, and if you don't I won't talk....you'll just find out that m far away from you
Bro
am a Christian
So I know Bible
There was a mfm church that I was doing Sunday sch
I suffer there bro
Me that hates rubbish
nobody told me I just left

Be where you'll be appreciated for your efforts
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Dejijossy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2020
adontcare:
Pls forgive and avoid them
If you are avoiding them, you have not forgiven them.
Forgiveness is deep!
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2020
Your parents are bloody goldiggers
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
luminouz:

Dont tell me you're a lazy momma,I was thinking of bringing palm wine to your parents. Naso u go use laziness kill me abi? tongue

Please o, I'm very lazy o. Like Kanye said, "I don't like the word, work." But see, Kanye is a billionaire grin
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by dorin27(f): 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
Squillaci:

What is he doing that is evil?
read what I wrote up there one more time. I am sure you will find the answer your question
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by goshen26: 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

If u will my advise bro

Since you came to. This world thru them you are answerable to them, but because they didn't take responsibility over you there is little you can do.

In my own opinion, assist with the little God lay in ur heart, but don't allow them sit comfortably in ur life...

Dont allow visit, but support from distance
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by bola4dprec(m): 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Children, listen to me; I am your father. Do what I tell you and you will be safe, for the Lord has given fathers authority over their children and given children the obligation to obey their mothers. If you respect your father, you can make up for your sins, and if you honor your mother, you are earning great wealth. If you respect your father, one day your own children will make you happy; the Lord will hear your prayers. If you obey the Lord by honoring your father and making your mother happy, you will live a long life. Obey your parents as if you were their slave. (A)Honor your father in everything you do and say, so that you may receive his blessing. When parents give their blessing, they give strength to their children's homes, but when they curse their children, they destroy the very foundations.

Never seek honor for yourself at your father's expense; it is not to your credit if he is dishonored. Your own honor comes from the respect that you show to your father. If children do not honor their mothers, it is their own disgrace. My child, take care of your father when he grows old; give him no cause for worry as long as he lives. Be sympathetic even if his mind fails him; don't look down on him just because you are strong and healthy. The Lord will not forget the kindness you show to your father; it will help you make up for your sins. When you are in trouble, the Lord will remember your kindness and will help you; your sins will melt away like frost in warm sunshine. Those who abandon their parents or give them cause for anger may as well be cursing the Lord; they are already under the Lord's curse.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Op pls, if hell will freeze or what let it.. Don't give any of them shishi! They failed you! Na ur mother own worse pass sef. Pls don't let stupid Nigerian nonsense sentiment get to you, they wanna place they nonsense responsibility on you when they didn't try on ur matter. Don't take up any of their shit abeg.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
FreelanceRebel:

What's lucky about that one? If he had died from cold or something won't they manage? Abeg they are leeches even if they gave him life. Why won't he feel detached? They are not even coming to apologize but to heap burden on him... Omo if na me, na total disown. Rubbish and nonsense
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Danzakidakura(m): 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:

The got to know of where I'm working. I don't know who told them. They arranged with someone I was relating with to bring them to my house. When I got Intel about it. Warned the person not to bring anyone to my house and dissociated with the person. Now they are saying I'm rich and don't want to help anyone but I don't care.
forgive them. But don't have any thing to do with their children. Concentrate on your family let your wife family be your family, your wife if she is good can be a mother and father to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Big Couple Excited For This Big Fish They Bought (Photos) / Nigerian Man Who Has 97 Wives: God Gives Me Power To Satisfy Them Sexually(Pics) / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.