Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,948 members, 7,873,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) (48137 Views)

Ize-Iyamu And Obaseki Hug At Oba Of Benin Palace (Video) / Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) / Heavy Protest Against SARS In Rivers Over Threat To Kill Gov. Wike's Aide(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Can God save everything & every situation?
Simple yes or no
you are even proving me right that your head can't carry more than is expected, as you can't even comprehend simple english statement. You are really amazing.
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by lexy2014: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
kingy1:
you are even proving me right that your head can't carry more than is expected, as you can't even comprehend simple english statement. You are really amazing.

Oga, simple question:
Can God save everything & every situation?
All I need is simple yes or no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
martineverest:
oba is the most powerful and influential man in Edo state and the most powerful king in Niger Delta

Long story

Next story Mr Niger delta
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by marsman: 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

So if u surrender ur free will, that means God will save u from d consequences of ur bad actions yet "our actions are our responsibility"?
Since we are not ready to surrender our free will, and serve him strictly. Our actions our responsibility.
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by atheistandproud(m): 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Continue deceiving yourself and living in delusion.

These atheists are living the very better life than you in China and not needing or calling any God to save them. You are here living in hope that one day the God you claim serving daily will change the situation of your life for better.

Continue living the life of a bet9ja player

Your hips don't lie at all.
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by tammyf: 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
Forumobserver12:

Oga, not in this case because Bible says that heaven help those who help themselves, the same Bible says that the kingdom of God suffereth violence and violence taketh be force..

Nigerians are too docile for my liking...

the bible never said this...Quote the chapter plz.
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Ca4real: 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
GreatResearcher:
And you think Obas can't influence policies?
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by tollyboy5(m): 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
kingy1:
What little way are you doing that the ones calling on GOD are not doing. Because they are calling on GOD now means they are not doing anything? Do you know them to the amount of effort they have exacted to make this country better?
They're the majority and majority reflect better. With the present structure of this country their ways of reasoning has failed us.
Let's take for instance let me derail a bit. I had Discussion with some elders today. My point to them were *osibanjo is a better candidate to tinubu *Igbo's can't be in a country where they can't be president etc.
These elderly men start schooling me on history I've already read and move on. But these Set of people still hold one or two bias mind toward other tribe for certain reasons one of the old man a UI graduate told me, I'm right with my point but they'll stand with their belief.
We both want the same result but their metbod is archaic and dominant but ours is young and weak. Thats how it is in riligious affair. Those that feels God has to know when next they want to go to toilet and bath so they call on him are more compare to those who feels its God prerogative to save them or not so they do the necessary thing to be safe.

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by lexy2014: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
marsman:

Since we are not ready to surrender our free will, and serve him strictly. Our actions our responsibility.

When u surrender ur free will and serve him strictly, will ur actions no longer be your responsibility?
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by mimilogistics: 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Only you can save yourself, not God.

The developed nation saved themselves, they didn’t wait on any God.

China, an officially atheist religion saved themselves.
Nigeria has been so religious and calling on God to save her since 1960 and no result, but has been growing from grace to grass to grasses since independence.

Save yourself, leave God alone
cry cry
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by tollyboy5(m): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

When u surrender ur free will and serve him strictly, will ur actions no longer be your responsibility?
You should understand that your action are already guided by God.
God is just so its still your responsibly but not your usual free will. Its God guidance by them when bad things happen we call on him or better still praise him like job
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by tollyboy5(m): 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
iLUCID:

I’m not acting, I’m surprised
At least you've learnt something grin
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by marsman: 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Serve him strictly first, follow all his commandment, let all your actions go by his commandment. Then wait for the result.
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by friday2011(m): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
Jafar1:

Are u trying to say u have never been saved by God?

Dont quote him out of context...

What he simply mean is that we have a peculiar situation in Nigeria and calling on God without action will be a wasted effort...

Dont just sit at home to pray, take action and pray also...If you cannot pray about it, Fine... "But na d action be d koko"
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by tollyboy5(m): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
tammyf:

the bible never said this...Quote the chapter plz.
First one is not biblical but Quran has similar saying. Quran 13:11

Second one Matt12:11
grin grin
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by lexy2014: 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
tollyboy5:

You should understand that your action are already guided by God.
God is just so its still your responsibly but not your usual free will. Its God guidance by them when bad things happen we call on him or better still praise him like job

If ur actions are still your responsibility, what then is d essence of surrendering ur free will and serving him strictly?
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by lexy2014: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
marsman:

Serve him strictly first, follow all his commandment. And find out.

Are u finding it difficult answering my questions because u haven't served him strictly & that u haven't followed all his commandments?

Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by tollyboy5(m): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

If ur actions are still your responsibility, what then is d essence of surrendering ur free will and serving him strictly?
cheesy I just do amebo 4 Una discussion ni o! What do I know. grin
My point here is we should take responsibility for things happening around us. Then in our private residence we call on God individually not showing religious ignorance in public.
God will not save us from SARS we'll do necessary thing to save ourselves but if we do things like gathering youth to pray to God against sars thats foolishness to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Ezmans: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hardgun:
Chil
SARS are evil & rogs
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by marsman: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Are u finding it difficult answering my questions because u haven't served him strictly & that u haven't followed all his commandments?

Let me break it down to you. Your action will for ever be your responsibility, in the sense that all the actions you take, has a consequence (your responsibility). Every action causes a consequence either long-term or short-term. ... Our life is basically the result of our actions, and in some cases is also composed by the result of the actions of other people. The consequences of our actions create our reality and shape our future, and they are most of them under our control. In other to get the best consequence out of your action, follow his commandment and laws. All the cruel and wicked act in the world are caused by human actions, degrading, deforestation, deadly virus caused by inter course with canine animal, war which causes famine and hunger caused by the human self centeredness . We want to live in an utopia, let follow Gods commandment and rules. Love, work hard and seek knowledge the right way. When we keep making bad decisions, against the commandment of God we should not expect Good out comes.
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
[quote author=tollyboy5 post=94680782]
They're the majority and majority reflect better. With the present structure of this country their ways of reasoning has failed us.
Let's take for instance let me derail a bit.[/q]i beg to defer, mentioning the 'GOD' every now and then is not thesame as calling on GOD. On this forum i have seen more constructive and secular solutions than those who call on GOD. even among the few who mention GOD are fraudsters, Atheist like a reflex etc. Is your country laws also founded on GOD, what have all these achieve so far? O! You want to mention churches? Do you know what they have achieved so far with their regular moral teachings that have hindered many of the youths from going into fraud and crimes for quick wealth even though we have few genuine churches? Have you imagin how deep this country would have sunk, (such that we still have some good testimonies) if there where no churches to stand in this moral gap, considering our fragile and bias laws?
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by InvertedHammer: 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
saaphiere:
Only God can save us.
/
When you are hungry, why don't you lay back and let God use spoon to feed you?

You people should stop mocking God.
/

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by lexy2014: 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
marsman:

Let me break it down to you. Your action will for ever be your responsibility, in the sense that all the actions you take, has a consequence (your responsibility). Every action causes a consequence either long-term or short-term. ... Our life is basically the result of our actions, and in some cases is also composed by the result of the actions of other people. The consequences of our actions create our reality and shape our future, and they are most of them under our control. In other to get the best consequence out of your action, follow his commandment and laws. All the cruel and wicked act in the world are caused by human actions, degrading, deforestation, deadly virus caused by inter course with canine animal, war which causes famine and hunger caused by the human self centeredness . We want to live in an utopia, let follow Gods commandment and rules. Love, work hard and seek knowledge the right way. When we keep making bad decisions, against the commandment of God we should not expect Good out comes.

So if our actions are our responsibility, what then is d essence of surrendering our free will to God?
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by shilz(f): 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Lastmankc:
Some of these guys are yahoo boys and cult guys
they are out there protesting against violence,that is the point.
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
tollyboy5:

At least you've learnt something grin

Learnt what? China isn’t a religion
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by hollywater: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2020
Some idiots in Lagos are still busy fixing dates.

1 Like

Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by nextstep(m): 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
Jafar1:

No, what is being said is: God has given
humans wisdom to save themselves from bad leadership and bad habits.
In spite of the evidence that humans in developed countries have saved themselves, Nigerians are still asking God to do what he has equipped them to do on their own.

It's like you already showed somebody how to fish... but every damn day they come to beg you for fish.
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by tollyboy5(m): 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
[quote author=kingy1 post=94681825][/quote]
Sincerely speaking when we guide ourselves with something we live by it. Some countries has working laws that guide them.
Religion has its limit of guidance, that's why sharia in the north will only be for the poor.
Its not because of the riligion but because of the people. People with bad reasoning might abuse religion.
People tend to make good suggestion truelly. But sincerely wrong perspective on calling on God is always affecting the way we think. �
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Hardgun: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ezmans:
SARS are evil & rogs
We all know that God will punish them and their gene
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Correcto: 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
Our duty is simply to worship God.
Jafar1:
Re: Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by clearsight: 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
About time! Some of these people engage in robbery and kidnapping all over the place. A lady I know disclosed that her niece was picked up in Agege last week by some SARS guys in a yellow vehicle immediately after she made an ATM transaction. They had been lying in wait near the bank to pick up anyone who seemed to have made sizeable transaction (who knows if they had insider info). Fortunately, it was a transfer and not a withdrawal that she made. She was also fortunate that she was able to scream and alert passers-by who described the vehicle to her relations and they went looking for her. She was taken to a police station, phone seized, shaken down, beaten and ordered to make a false confessional statement which she refused to do. She met some other unfortunate victims there who were tortured and robbed of their cash and forced to empty their accounts. Her lawyer boss and relations were eventually able to trace her and get her released after they parted with some money.

I found it rather unfortunate that her boss and relations like so many other victims, took the easy way out and refused to go to the media, expose that police station or take the matter up in court.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu In Tears As 9th NASS Bows Out / Prof Osinbajo' At Sudan's Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (photos) / Commissioner For Happiness Is Really Making People Happy In Imo(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.