Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1390304 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Miss you all. I have to register with new email but we lost all 250 pages.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
Oh my gosh...Miss this group like kilode...Am just hoping we can get back those intellectuals that made this group worth a while.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazingmum: 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hello great people. Been a while I was here. Been following silently though. Greetings to all u great women and mums. Would like to know if any1 has a latest experience to share from El-paso I.e pips that are there now who are due dis month or soon. Would also like to meet mums planning to have d elpaso experience btw the last WTD of this year and 1st of 2015. Just think it will be nice we plan to 'parapo' when the time comes. That way, we may then help each other. Cheers! smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
Whaoooo. Feels good to be back after all ds while. Missed ds thread
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 8:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hello everyone, let's keep the thread going, and hopefully we'll get to the pace we left off, and we hope there'll be no further attacks on nairaland.
For those that needs email confirmation from MIHS, you can call the women's clinic on +1 602-344-5407, you should be able to get through on that.
Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazingmum: 8:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
hello again, does anyone know about the cost of birthing and the best hospitals in terms of cost in Rhode Island? a response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DFJ12: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
egariyi: Hello my good pipo. Thank God for nairaland restoration how wait not in full scale. Have really missed d site. Went for our interview on 23 June at Abuja and we were granted (hubby, I, and our two kids). Would have shared d testimony but cause of d cyber attack on nairaland, I cud. This is after 4 times denials in d past (mainly due to wrong representations/information). If not that I stumbled on the informative site,!i may not have gotten it right again. All information were gathered frm dis forum and I glad to give d interview transcripts below.

Vo: good morning
We: good morning. Kids waved at vo and he did d same to d kids
Vo: where to in US?
We: El Paso
Vo: what are you going to do?
We: to have our baby
Vo: ok. Can I see your medical plans or package?
We: hands over Doctores Para Ti correspondences. He took some time to read thru d emails and said you already made a deposit?
We: yes
Vo: how much?
We: usd2500 and he asked for d receipt which I pointed out to him (he was holding it but didn't see it) and heas really grateful.
Vo: where will you be staying?
We: Intown suites
Vo: how long?
We: wife n little dota 3 months, hubby n son 3 weeks ( cause of school resumption n biz)
Vo: took sometime like 2 mins to do some typing on d computer and then Brought one of the emails from Para Ti, circled a portion n signed
It at d side. Took all our passports and kept by his side.
Vo. Any bank statement?
We: handed our bank statements to him - hubby n I
Vo: congratulations your visa has been approved and handed over d collection form to us. He also said that I shd show d receipt of deposit to CBP officers at PoE. Wished us safe trip n safe delivery.
We: thank you with a very big smile grin

Note: honesty is the watch word. Also, Gods fav our overtook us and all our rehearsal questions were never asked. Also, only bank statement n hospital correspondences were d only docs he checked. Even d bank statement was only d first page and asked if one is biz n d other personal which we answered yes. All d volume of docs weighing abt 2kg that we carried were never used or asked for.

Let me use this medium to thank all d contributors to this great forum :- fabulousmon, momofangels, DFJ12, and all the veterans which I can't remember their names now. May God bless u all and grant us all our desires.

Congrats my dear friend and sister.reali happy for u.Good to be back here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by labrks: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hello good people of this tread. Glory to God,got into New york this morning with my husband. we are both first timers. The POE officer spent barely 2minutes on us and stamped us in. No lengthy questioning no secondary inspection nothing! we plan to rest and vacation and explore for a few days before heading to El paso. once again thank you to every single person who made meaningful contributions and passed along inportant information. God bless you all.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 2ndbaby71: 12:46am On Jun 30, 2014
Please someone, i know this question was asked before but the information was lost. Who will be in El Paso (doctoresparati.com) July-September. I know of 3 people that are also going and want to coordinate to meet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 6:14am On Jun 30, 2014
@inluvwanaija

Please advertisement of any service is not allowed here.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:44am On Jun 30, 2014
congrats labrks.. more good news from NY.
Morning evryone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tytmed: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2014
hello everyone, thank God the site is finally up.
so i have decided to go to Atlanta instead as i have family there with a large house so eventually when my entire family comes for vacation we can all be together.
during my interview, i told the VO i was going to elpaso so do i need to notify them on the change of hospital and reason for change?
does anyone plan to be in Atlanta for October? lets meet up.

nice to have u guys back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2014
@ladyguinvere, this is what I intend to send to the embassy this week. I hope it's fine...so tensed up about this. Wished I had known of this site before my interview!

" Hello Sir/Ma,

I obtained a B1/B2 visa for vacation purposes but I now intend to also assess maternity services while visiting the USA.
I intend to pay cash for all my medical expense and have no intention to access Medicaid during my time in the USA.
I want to inquire if I need to apply for another visa before I travel.
Thanks and have a great day."
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 8:48am On Jun 30, 2014
Good morning all;
So nice to be back....Pls does anyone have information about hospitals in Philadelphia? Your quick responses will be wll appreciated.
Thanks and have a wonderful week ahead.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 9:33am On Jun 30, 2014
Hi All,

Quite a shame about the data loss...

It would be nice if the folks who had "copied and pasted" information from pages 1- about 218 on various hospitals (e.g contact details, names of doctors, etc) could share the information once again.

If this is acceptable by the house I could go first - I had collated a lot of information on Houston.

Welcome back everyone!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LadyGuinivere: 10:07am On Jun 30, 2014
mamacajah: @ladyguinvere, this is what I intend to send to the embassy this week. I hope it's fine...so tensed up about this. Wished I had known of this site before my interview!

" Hello Sir/Ma,

I obtained a B1/B2 visa for vacation purposes but I now intend to also assess maternity services while visiting the USA.
I intend to pay cash for all my medical expense and have no intention to access Medicaid during my time in the USA.
I want to inquire if I need to apply for another visa before I travel.
Thanks and have a great day."

That's a good draft. Send it to the Abuja consulate. Their responses make more sense for POE purposes. However remove the have a great day part.
This thread gave me so much help so to give back , later on I'll draft the sample questions asked at the embassy from the collation I made. I hope it helps somebody. Also, if folks have sample answers, they can add to it
Viva Mommas nd Poppas!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LadyGuinivere: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2014
Ok. So here goes for the frequently asked questions at the embassy (from my personal records as collated from the former NL that were lost)

1. Why do you want to travel to the U.S?
2. What do you do for a Living? Are you. married? For how Long?
3. Who will sponsor the trip?
4. Have you travelled before? Has your spouse travelled before?
5.Why do you want to give birth in the US? (As opposed to birthing in Naija)
6. Where in the U.S do you intend to give birth?
7. Do you have any communication with the hospital?
8. Why did you decide to use that particular hospital?
9. Where will you stay (hotel? With family etc) .If hotel do you have a reservation and where is the evidence?
10.How much do you intend to spend on your trip?
11. Will yoi receive government help/medicaid?
12. Do you have any property?
13. Why is your spouse not travelling with you (where applicable) or
14. Who will be travelling with you? Do they have a visa

That is what I have for now. If I can arrange the steps for getting SSN for baby and passport and ticket after birth I shall post that subsequently.
Also I remember one tip. In filling your DS 160 form, be very clear. Do not give brief answers as the CBP may not be in the mood for long questions but your form speaks for itself. For egs. 'What do you do for a living?' Do not stop at businessman. State particulars of your business.
I hope somebody may be able to post sample answers!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinah777: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2014
Ibtisam24: Miss you all. I have to register with new email but we lost all 250 pages.

Hi Ibitisam:it's good to know you and your LO are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2014
LadyGuinivere: Ok. So here goes for the frequently asked questions at the embassy (from my personal records as collated from the former NL that were lost)

Nice one girl! Weldone. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by modele2: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2014
tumzee:
@mamacajah....planning to deliver at San Francisco,california.

Make full enquiries of how much you would pay there o. I gave a relative who delivered there and they are yet to finish paying for it, was almost 8 times the cost in Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2014
@ladyguinivere, thanks but I used the lagos embassy. Hope it wouldn't become an issue later..

@anonymousmum, good suggestion. Let me see if I can also paste some of what I copied for others to use. I was really focus more on NY/NJ, Phoenix and El Paso, so thats what I copied most.

For newbies, Someone summarised the steps as follows:

"To give birth in the U.S:
-You need a visa
-You need about N3 million naira (rough estimate) for the entire birth project.
Note: It could be more or less, depending on the hospital of your choice
-You need a hospital that offers a reasonable birth package
-You need a good pediatrician for your baby-well check-ups after the delivery of your baby (sometimes pediatric services are provided in the birth package)

When you apply for a US visa with an intention to give birth in the U.S, there are some very important documents that you MUST take along with you to the interview. They include:

-A strong bank account statement in your name
-Tax receipts/clearance
-Salary pay slips
-Evidence of strong ties to Nigeria (like land documents/ house documents/shares)
-Your international passport
-Sponsorship letter (if anyone or any organization will be sponsoring your project fully or partly)
-A strong bank account statement of the sponsor
-Proof of correspondences with a hospital in the US (i.e. letter of medical responsibility if you intend using El Paso or a print-out of email messages between you and the hospital of your choice, stating the birth fees)

This is the basic information a newbie will need to begin the process for the birth project."

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LadyGuinivere: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
@mamacajah noo it won't be an issue. Its just that from prior responses, Lagos they tend to be curt and abrupt in their response. If you sent the email today you can still send another to Abuja so you compare and choose the one you prefer.
Oh and it dosent matter if you got your visa from Lagos. You can still write to Abuja consulate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
this was a post by an unnamed person...I do not know the name of the individual who provided this info...

For those looking for information on hospitals in New Jersey, I stumbled on this hospital Morristown medical center; hospital bill is 3900 and pediatrician is 1200 but if you paying cash upfront they give 40% discount. I called their billing dept on +18006194024. Feel free to call and make enquiries. http://www.atlantichealth.org/morristown/our+services/maternity/before+you+arrive+for+delivery/how+to+register.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
another unnamed post that I copied and pasted....

Hialeah Hospital, Florida

Affordable Self-Pay Maternity Plans

Giving birth to a baby is one the happiest moments of your life. We also know that having a baby can be financially difficult, and even more if you do not have health insurance.

The Women's Health Center of Hialeah Hospital can help you enjoy this great time without having to worry about those costs.

Schedule a FREE tour of our Maternity Child Center or sign up for our childbirth classes today. Call 1-877-383-4226.

We offer comfortable maternity packages including:

Labor and Delivery
4D Ultrasound technology
Free childbirth classes
Comfortably designed rooms for labor, delivery & recovery
Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for at-risk newborns
Cash-Pay Labor/Delivery Packages

Standard Delivery: $2,300
Cesarean Delivery: $3,200
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
I will paste more later...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
this was a conversation between nikkygal and micah2013...

Micah2013: Hello nikkygal, pls can you explain how I can register at West Houston Medical Centre? I intend to give birth to my baby there. My family lives about 2mins away from the hospital. If its the WHMC on Richmond Avenue you are talking about. Have been checking there website but I really can't find anything helpful. How like to know if I need 2 find a Dr first or d hospital has a complete package for Mother and Child. Thanks

@Micah . . . .West Houston is on Richmond Avenue. If you want to use the hospital, you need to first get a physician (gynae) that is attached to the hospital and register with him before you can now go ahead and enroll with the hspital as well. You can get a doctor through the WHMC website, under the 'Find a Physician Tab' . . . . Just put in your zip code and obstetrics as a speciality and it will bring out a list of the gynae doctors in that area that you can use. The good thing with WHMC is that a good number of the doctors have their practice on the other side of the hospital building which makes accessing both the doctor and hospital very convenient during appointments.

I just did a quick search on the WHMC website for you now and this is what i found below:

Physician Office Location
Howard L. Schreiber
12000 Westheimer Rd. #208
Houston, TX 77082

Douglas Wohlfahrt
11281 Richmond Suite 112
Houston, TX 77082

Elvis Torres
12000 Richmond Avenue Suite 220
Houston, TX 77082

Mary Jo Zanders
12121 Richmond Ave Ste 104
Houston, TX 77082

Jeanie T. Huynh
12121 Richmond Ave Ste 403
Houston, TX 77082

Stephen E. Guilliams
12121 Richmond Ave Ste 203
Houston, TX 77082

Matti Korhonen
12121 Richmond Ste 215
Houston, TX 77082

Tammy Vu
12121 Richmond Ave, Suite 414
Houston, TX 77082

Magdy W. Rizk
12121 Richmond Ste 317
Houston, TX 77082

100%
Core La 12121 Richmond Ave Ste 315
Houston, TX 77082

I will say narrow your search down to doctors that have their practice on Richmond Avenue because of its proximity to the hospital for ease of registration and appointments. Just contact the doctors via e-mail, state your circumstances and describe yourself as a 'self-paying patient (cash)'. . . . they'll give you their terms and you'll choose one eventually and secure an appointment on your arrival.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazingmum: 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
LadyGuinivere: @mamacajah noo it won't be an issue. Its just that from prior responses, Lagos they tend to be curt and abrupt in their response. If you sent the email today you can still send another to Abuja so you compare and choose the one you prefer.
Oh and it dosent matter if you got your visa from Lagos. You can still write to Abuja consulate

@mamacajah and @ ladyGuinivere, may I pls know what you guys are talking about? I tried getting the earlier merges but couldn't comprehend. Are you referring to confirming if it's ok to deliver with a visiting visa knowing that it is a b1/b2? I had a b1/b2 ans I visited once and intend to go again- to deliver this time. Pls cld u assist to clear the scenario which u advised a confirmation mail be sent to d embassy for? Much appreciated. And no one has responded to me nawwwwww... sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=2ndbaby71]Please someone, i know this question was asked before but the information was lost. Who will be in El Paso (doctoresparati.com) July-September. I know of 3 people that are also going and want to coordinate to meet.[/quote

by God's grace, I will be there by august.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LadyGuinivere: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amazing mum:

@mamacajah and @ ladyGuinivere, may I pls know what you guys are talking about? I tried getting the earlier merges but couldn't comprehend. Are you referring to confirming if it's ok to deliver with a visiting visa knowing that it is a b1/b2? I had a b1/b2 ans I visited once and intend to go again- to deliver this time. Pls cld u assist to clear the scenario which u advised a confirmation mail be sent to d embassy for? Much appreciated. And no one has responded to me nawwwwww... sad

Yes. She had a B1/B2 visa prior to getting pregnant. And we all know it also covers receiving health care and birthing however it is something the mommas on this thread have been doing to avoid POE wahala.
It is good you have used your visa once before. The popular opinion here is to write the consulate and inform them despite that you have used the visa before. They usually respond with same cut and paste answers but those replies have helped a lotta people avert disasters at poe.
I don't know if I answered your question completely as I didn't understand it well. Please feel free to ask if I haven't answered you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
@DFJ12 and Mamacajah, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=ella77][/quote]

I will be there Aug-Oct. Dinah77 too. Alot of us going to El Paso abt this period have formed a bbm group. Inbox me so I could giv you my pin to join if you wish to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.