Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1390300 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:09am On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks everyone, God will do for you what he has done for me! Amen!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:38am On Jul 02, 2014
phummy1821:
Good morning house, pls can u share the address you sent the mail to in Abuja. Thanks

ConsularAbuja@state.gov.

I also sent to Lagos office and got the usual response, so I can use anyone at my POE (lol). But I personally prefer the abuja response.

" Thank you for your email.

There is legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews."
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2014
@ our mamas who used atlanta, is there anyone who used these hospitals who can share with me their experience there? I just found a family there too.

Doctors Hospital,
University Hospital,
Trinity Hospital,
Georgia Regents Health System

I was given this general estimate of prices for Augusta, Atlanta.

" Vaginal Delivery

Hospital fee (includes 2 days mother and child care) = $3,150
Anesthesia = $1,020
Physician = $900

Cesarean Delivery

Hospital fee (includes 3 days mother and child care) = $5,800
Anesthesia = $1,200
Physician = $1,200

Remember this is an estimate and can be higher.
You also might have to pay for physician office visit(s) depending on when you arrive at U.S.A.
That is if you have to see a physician at the office before you go into labor.

Prenatal carevisit(s) ranges from $200-$400 (including ultrasound/NST, labs).
Also there is pediatrician fee (pediatrician visit (s)) for the baby depending on how long you stay in the state.
That is if you take the baby for pediatrician visit (s) for immunizations and new born check up, etc."
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2014
Pls how do couples book appointment? My hubby already included me in his own appointment. Do I have to fill a seperate one for myself?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 11:44am On Jul 02, 2014
I knew i'd be the next to testify after egariyi did somedays ago....i give God all the glory for divine favor. I took a step of faith and had this post typed out last night. So my wife went for her 8am interview today in Abuja and she was granted visa...... grin grin grin

I just wanna say a big thank you to the veterans/gurus in the house; i cannot but mention Finance+Fitness, Uchetobi, the one and only ever curious Phema, Alubosa the troublemaker grin Leonesbug, tzetzefly, justwise and Skimmeh (the original OP of this thread}....u guys rock! Thanks, thanks and thanks

She'll post the transcript with her moniker when she settles in later in the day. She's El-Paso bound mid july!

But pls wait o! She said the lady VO told her her visa has been approved, told her to make sure she goes with all her receipts, told her to pick it up on monday and gave her the white paper with the collection address on it but she returned her passport to her (thot the V.O was supposed to hold on to the passport)! Pls is this an isolated case or there's a k-leg? She has called the contact center and they told they'd contact her via email within the next 48hrs

UPDATE: she went back to the embassy. The security guys asked her who was the VO and she told them d lady @ cubicle 9. they told her she won't collect it that she's very harsh...but she said she claimed she'd collect it IJN.. .and she went in, met her.....she said the VO squeezed her face, run through her computer, looked up, apologize for the mix up and collected the passport! Shikenah

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2014
PortHarcourtBoy!!! Yeeeeyyyyy!!! Congratulations! I was thinking about you the other day. Remembered you said you will be applying early July.

After you don use your weighty statement of account blindfold them, why dem no go give you visa sharp sharp? Lol

Thank God for His mercies. Safe trip and delivery to wifey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by abcv657: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2014
@portharcourtboy she should prob go back there think it's a mix up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
abcv657: @portharcourtboy she should prob go back there think it's a mix up

Thanks!!! she went back and they collected it!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2014
Phema: PortHarcourtBoy!!! Yeeeeyyyyy!!! Congratulations! I was thinking about you the other day. Remembered you said you will be applying early July.

After you don use your weighty statement of account blindfold them, why dem no go give you visa sharp sharp? Lol

Thank God for his mercies. Safe trip and delivery to wifey.

lols @ "blindfold"........u ehn? u can worry o! lols
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alubosa: 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
abcv657: @portharcourtboy she should prob go back there think it's a mix up

@ PHBoy i was gonna suggest that. Good she's done it. Congrats pally! Welcome to the club of Baba Amerikanah's. lols. But i nor be troublemaker o! My delivery might be tough but it nails it tho'. So make we jam for GRA na! mo pop something! lols
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
@Portharcourtboy, congrats. it was good she went back.. Thank GOD for wisdom and guidance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazingmum: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
Congrats to you all mums and dads! Pray more of us will share these joyous testimonies pretty soon too oo. Lol! Pls cld someone help me out with details or a link to the MIHS site? I tried researching as I had no prior knowledge of the hospital till I just bumped into the earlier messages. Link plssss or some info,. Are they like doctorsparati? Location and all..... Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
Wow! No one seem to be moved by the repeated quoting of myself just to get help on scheduling our appointment. cry cry

Pls we need your guidance in scheduling our appointment o. Myself and hubby have filled seperate appointment forms. He added me on his own page. But we don't know if I also need to add him on my own form too. We just need directions on how to schedule our appointment in order to appear together as a couple. Pls help! We are stuck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
@IyawoToBe, You need fill only one appointment form with both your names and application numbers. thats what we did for ours in May this year.
@amazingmum, use this link www.mihs.org. you might need to read up past pages to get more info. quite al ot has been said on mihs and its still available btw the 24 to 40 page.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by demaikel: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hello Peeps,

Please I need information about hospitals to give birth in Dallas and the estimate. Its urgent and I hope someone would get across to me quickly.

Travel is this weekend.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skimmeh1: 4:54am On Jul 03, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS BRO. BEST WISHES!
P0rtHarc0urtB0y: I knew i'd be the next to testify after egariyi did somedays ago....i give God all the glory for divine favor. I took a step of faith and had this post typed out last night. So my wife went for her 8am interview today in Abuja and she was granted visa...... grin grin grin

I just wanna say a big thank you to the veterans/gurus in the house; i cannot but mention Finance+Fitness, Uchetobi, the one and only ever curious Phema, Alubosa the troublemaker grin Leonesbug, tzetzefly, justwise and Skimmeh (the original OP of this thread}....u guys rock! Thanks, thanks and thanks

She'll post the transcript with her moniker when she settles in later in the day. She's El-Paso bound mid july!

But pls wait o! She said the lady VO told her her visa has been approved, told her to make sure she goes with all her receipts, told her to pick it up on monday and gave her the white paper with the collection address on it but she returned her passport to her (thot the V.O was supposed to hold on to the passport)! Pls is this an isolated case or there's a k-leg? She has called the contact center and they told they'd contact her via email within the next 48hrs

UPDATE: she went back to the embassy. The security guys asked her who was the VO and she told them d lady @ cubicle 9. they told her she won't collect it that she's very harsh...but she said she claimed she'd collect it IJN.. .and she went in, met her.....she said the VO squeezed her face, run through her computer, looked up, apologize for the mix up and collected the passport! Shikenah
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2014
Good people, please help with the address for scheduling appiontment. Have been trying to schedule through the site i got after googling but kept telling me error, thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mollydee88: 9:22am On Jul 03, 2014
@Logic tinz;
Use this link; https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazingmum: 9:25am On Jul 03, 2014
IyawoToBe: Wow! No one seem to be moved by the repeated quoting of myself just to get help on scheduling our appointment. cry cry

Pls we need your guidance in scheduling our appointment o. Myself and hubby have filled seperate appointment forms. He added me on his own page. But we don't know if I also need to add him on my own form too. We just need directions on how to schedule our appointment in order to appear together as a couple. Pls help! We are stuck.

Hi, iyawotobe. You only need to book a single appointment. In the link thru which you will book the appointment, there's a provision for including any additional persons you will be going with. So uld include the passport and application details of ur hubby in the appointment page because you will be going together. U will need to register on the site to schedule the appointment. https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/. @logictinz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazingmum: 9:28am On Jul 03, 2014
mamacajah: @IyawoToBe, You need fill only one appointment form with both your names and application numbers. thats what we did for ours in May this year.
@amazingmum, use this link www.mihs.org. you might need to read up past pages to get more info. quite al ot has been said on mihs and its still available btw the 24 to 40 page.

Oh ok. Thanks a lot!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mollydee88: 10:52am On Jul 03, 2014
@all; I'm a little confused here.
I have booked my appointment via https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/; which included me as the primary applicant and my wife.

Having supplied all details correctly; in the scheduled print out i have; an error message states thus

''PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED. INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED''

Please advise on what to do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mollydee88: @Logic tinz;
Use this link; https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Thanks Mollydee88. I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Amazing mum:

Hi, iyawotobe. You only need to book a single appointment. In the link thru which you will book the appointment, there's a provision for including any additional persons you will be going with. So uld include the passport and application details of ur hubby in the appointment page because you will be going together. U will need to register on the site to schedule the appointment. https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/. @logictinz

Thanks Amazing mum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
@Leekytribe, many congratulations and kisses to the lil man. @PHboy, congrats. Pls ask wifey to join our bbm group for El Paso bound momas July-Oct. Send a mail with your pin and we will add her.

@Impish, congrats. Thats was really owesome and detailed. God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
IyawoToBe: Wow! No one seem to be moved by the repeated quoting of myself just to get help on scheduling our appointment. cry cry

If he has added you, you dont need another appointment. One is just enough for both of you provided he added you on his own. Hope this answers your questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
@all, for those looking at Atlanta, I got this lovely hospital. http://doctors-hospital.net/our-services/women/maternity/index.dot
Its in Augusta, Atlanta and the rates seem fair. I had earlier written the cost for the hospital and it is all inclusive except for after delivery checks by pediatrician ($90) and physicians visits before delivery. so estimated vaginal delivery is $6k and CS $9k.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by steven799: 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
hi, am new here. I have heard a lot of nice things about nairaland. Please nairalanders, i need help on budget spreadsheet in the United States. please i would prefer it sent to stevedamsey@gmail.com THANKS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by diddy11(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
Good day to all the in house gurus on the subject matter. I must say that after going through various write ups on delivery of kids in the states, I felt really confident that this was the right place to unburden my feelings on certain things that have got me worried on this issue, it is my sincere hope that at the end of this mail, the good people in-house would have proferred me with a solution. My wife and I decided to have our baby in the states, to this end, we got an appointment date with the us embassy, new as we are at applying for a us visa, we claimed that we were visiting the state and even made reservations with a hotel over there. Our thinking at the time was that since her pregnancy wasn't so visible we would go for the interview, get our visas and head off to the states when she is due to have the baby. However, my wife came home yesterday from the office and said that her colleague who had also put to bed in the states said we should have applied for a medical visa which would give us the right to give birth in the states. Her colleague also said that the visa officers seeing a couple applying for a visa would must definitely ask ; a. If she was pregnant, b. why didn't she ask for a medical visa ; c. Whether we were trying to conceal the fact that she was pregnant from the us embassy. Listening to all this questions got me so unsettled and that is why I am begging the gurus in-house to kindly give me answers to these questions: 1. In this situation, do we have to inform the us embassy that my wife is actually going to the states to give birth; 2. If the answer to question 1 is in the affirmative, how do we go about this; 3. Should we tender an online appointment with a doctor in the states. Answers on the issue will most gratefully be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
diddy11: Good day to all the in house gurus on the subject matter............Answers on the issue will most gratefully be appreciated.

Not too late. The tsunami that hit NL is quite unfortunate. Answers to ur questions were somewhere between pages 98-135. However, u simply need to fill out another DS-160 form and select B1/B2 Medical Tourist and then replace the new confirmation code in ur appointment schedule. The new DS160 form automatically replaces the initial one and there's no penalty for changing it. What i'm not really sure about is if the appointment confirmation is "editable". if not u may have to cancel the initial appointment and schedule another one. i'm certain u can cancel it up to 2times. Also, quickly decide on the hospital u'd like to use and get correspondences - very important! Print the correspondence along for the interview. 9 out of 10 cases, the VOs always ask for it and read through it. Also do ur own projected cost analysis (in excel showing hospital bill, accomodation, flight ticket fee, living cost, miscellaneous etc) for the "mission" - it boosts ur chance and it shows u r well prepeared. Ultimately pray for God's favor. Hope this helps. But let's still wait for the gurus. Me i still b learner!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
^^^Bros, we still dey wait for the interview transcript ooo. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
egariyi: @Leekytribe, many congratulations and kisses to the lil man. @PHboy, congrats. Pls ask wifey to join our bbm group for El Paso bound momas July-Oct. Send a mail with your pin and we will add her.

@Impish, congrats. Thats was really owesome and detailed. God bless you.

Oh!!!! Ma'am i'm just seeing this! Thanks. That would b very helpful o! Although we r both not BB lovers...lols.....but she'll download it on her iOs or get a small BB......I can't imagine how boring it'd v bn aside d risk of a preggy being alone and d nearest relative is in New Jersey. Pls whats the email addy? She'd b going by mid July.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifax(f): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
diddy11: Good day to all the in house gurus on the subject matter. I must say that after going through various write ups on delivery of kids in the states, I felt really confident that this was the right place to unburden my feelings on certain things that have got me worried on this issue, it is my sincere hope that at the end of this mail, the good people in-house would have proferred me with a solution

Yes u can write to the embassy informing them ur plans have changed. However, u might be lucky the respond with the normal positive email or cancel ur visas.

Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.