Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1390299 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
BnBarbie: Hi. I'm not using Dr Fagbohun. I'm going to Phoenix.

Congrats Blesyn88

Tnx dear. Wen are you coming, and whr do u intend to stay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BnBarbie(f): 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
coming mid august. i'd be staying @ crossland on mc dowell road.
pls y is biltmore so expensive? 3500 for 3 months

Blesyn83:

Tnx dear. Wen are you coming, and whr do u intend to stay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Eilenora: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=egariyi]

I will be there Aug-Oct. Dinah77 too. Alot of us going to El Paso abt this period have formed a bbm group. Inbox me so I could giv you my pin to join if you wish to.
[/quo3te]

hello egariyi. Kindly inbox me the bb pin for the el paso clan pls. Shld b in btwn aug and october. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
BnBarbie: coming mid august. i'd be staying @ crossland on mc dowell road.
pls y is biltmore so expensive? 3500 for 3 months

I don't knw o! How much is cross land?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by efuru: 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
@ all I would also be in phoenix by mid August, any one up to share apartment?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omoniyi555: 2:05am On Jul 07, 2014
efuru: @ all I would also be in phoenix by mid August, any one up to share apartment?
Are you looking for accommodation in phoenix. if yes i believe i can be of help p.m so that we can share
contact together
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omoniyi555: 2:15am On Jul 07, 2014
BnBarbie: Hi. I'm not using Dr Fagbohun. I'm going to Phoenix.

Congrats Blesyn88

Hi i was going through your post about coming to phoenix Arizona. if you need help as per accommodation feel free to P.m so that we can share more information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 07, 2014
omoniyi555:
Hi i was going through your post about coming to phoenix Arizona. if you need help as per accommodation feel free to P.m so that we can share more information

I understand you live in Phoenix. Do you have an accommodation you let out? If yes, what is the rate and what does it entail?

I think you should just share the info here, that way, you reach a lot of people at once, instead of people having to contact you privately.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omoniyi555: 7:15am On Jul 07, 2014
Phemam:
I understand you live in Phoenix. Do you have an accommodation you let out? If yes, what is the rate and what does it entail?

I think you should just share the info here, that way, you reach a lot of people at once, instead of people having to contact you privately.

Advert is not allowed in this forum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2014
omoniyi555: Advert is not allowed

Justwise, can he post details of the accommodation he has to offer? It might help some people.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:41am On Jul 07, 2014
Phema:

Justwise, can he post details of the accommodation he has to offer? It might help some people.

You know exactly what will happen if people are allowed to place ad here. You don't know who is who and there is no way one can verify each and everyone placing an ad here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 07, 2014
justwise:
You know exactly what will happen if people are allowed to place ad here. You don't know who is who and there is no way one can verify each and everyone placing an ad here.

I totally understand.

Ok then. . .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skinydudu: 7:54am On Jul 07, 2014
Hello everyone, pls who knows d cost of giving birth in Los Angeles, California?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:35am On Jul 07, 2014
tytmed: hello everyone, thank God the site is finally up.
so i have decided to go to Atlanta instead as i have family there with a large house so eventually when my entire family comes for vacation we can all be together.
during my interview, i told the VO i was going to elpaso so do i need to notify them on the change of hospital and reason for change?
does anyone plan to be in Atlanta for October? lets meet up.

nice to have u guys back.

Hello Tytmed, not sure if you have gotten response on this but I don't think you need to notify them. However, please cancel your appointment with el paso and get a new letter from the atlanta hospital. I think someone once said, use the el paso letter at the POE but cancel it afterwards and change to your new hopsital.

There is nothing wrong in changing your mind of which facility to use, as long as you have the letter and details of cost/correspondence with them and that you cancel the appointment with el paso. Becos they will call el paso to ask of you and sometimes, el paso will report you to the CBR/POE if you fail to check in with them after the expected arrival date. Hope this helps.

I have also changed my destination to Augusta, Georgia due to family connections and the use of a family physician, which is important for my hubby and I. It's about 2.5hrs from Atlanta. For now the cheapest flights are United / BA but I have told to wait till September for winter prices to take effect. I don't know how true that is. Hoping some of our sabi sabi mamas and papas here can enlighten me on that. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2014
@ our sabi sabi mamas and papas, I need ur advise. I am thinking of stopping over in London for a few days enroute US and need to clarify if I will interviewed by the immigration officers twice or only once when I enter? Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mamatukwas: 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
[[b]b][quote author=impish]Hi all, thanks for the well wishes. We are very grateful. We are all doing great. Labour and delivery was smooth and short, an answer to our prayers from God. The sleepless nights have been a bit rough. We thank God for his mercies and grace, and for seeing us through the first month. Our son was 1month yesterday.

Anyway, we used Gwinnett Medical Centre. Mother's bill was about $4500 (It was initially ~$5000 due to a mistake in the billing, so word of advice, if you are not using a package deal, go through your bill line by line. If in doubt, call the billing department. It is your money, do not be shy! lol). Baby's bill was $900. There was a 40% discount applied to both mother and baby's bills. Cant remember what the total came to, probably about $3300 for mother and baby. Ob/Gyn was North Metro Womens Centre and cost $1950.

Congrats Impish on the birth of your son! Kindly give me a bit more info on the service received at Gwinnett. I would like to know:
1. Who to contact directly to get the quickest response on pricing
2. Who to contact directly at North Metro Womens center to get same. (Email and phone numbers will be appreciated).
3. Your review of the service rendered.

Many thanks in anticipation of your response. MT
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeesMom: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hello House,

Any info on how to contact Dr Fagbohun.

Anyone!!!!

tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hello guys, i am in a little dilemma , i need your advice.

I have a B1/B2 visa which i want to renew by august but my wife doesn't have a US visa yet. We intend to travel for birthing purpose and i have been reading this thread and preparing to go for interview by august since i am the one sponsoring her. I saw a Nigerian friend who also double as a commercial attache of the US embassy at an event on Sunday and he advised me to use dropbox for myself and wifey, insisting that i shouldnt risk denial at the embassy since she is covered by dropbox. He believes we should prepare well for the POE but avoid going to the embassy if possible.

I and this friend have been part of trade delegates to the US in the past but he is not a VO hence i am not sure if he is well versed in this area. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hi, guys! I still didn't receive any appointment post letter from MIHS. Its' already one month.
Could you send me example from your? pokonski@mail.ru
Thank you very much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifax(f): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tvegas: Hello guys, i am in a little dilemma , i need your advice.

I have a B1/B2 visa which i want to renew by august but my wife doesn't have a US visa yet. We intend to travel for birthing purpose and i have been reading this thread and preparing to go for interview by august since i am the one sponsoring her. I saw a Nigerian friend who also double as a commercial attache of the US embassy at an event on Sunday and he advised me to use dropbox for myself and wifey, insisting that i shouldnt risk denial at the embassy since she is covered by dropbox. He believes we should prepare well for the POE but avoid going to the embassy if possible.

I and this friend have been part of trade delegates to the US in the past but he is not a VO hence i am not sure if he is well versed in this area. Thanks

Is she covered by Dropbox?

To qualify for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, visa applicants must be applying to renew either a B1/B2, an F, an L, or an H visa. They must satisfy all of the following criteria for their visa class. If applying as a group or family, all members must fulfill each criteria to use the program.

For a B1/B2 visa holder:

The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder;

The applicant principally resides in Nigeria;

The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;

The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;

The visa expired no more than two years prior to reissuance;

The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_dropbox.html

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
ifax:

Is she covered by Dropbox? To qualify for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, visa applicants must be applying to renew either a B1/B2, an F, an L, or an H visa. They must satisfy all of the following criteria for their visa class. If applying as a group or family, all members must fulfill each criteria to use the program.

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_dropbox.html

The bolded is the same question i am asking, i have visited the site and know that spouses/dependants who previously don't have visas can use dropbox for fresh applications. Even though Birthing is under B1/B2 one still needs some clarity.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
@tvegas, no she is not covered by dropbox. Please try and read through the pages, you will get all your answers there.
The truth is honesty pays, as long as you go prepared and pray, you will surely get your visa. Someone just did his last week and his wife is travelling mid-july, so please read back a few pages and get the information you need. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
The fastest means of reaching him is via mail.
F Fagbohun <fagbohunmd@yahoo.com>;

TeesMom: Hello House,

Anyone!!!!

tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2014

Anyone!!!!

tnx
@teesmom, please try and read the previous pages, I think between pages 20 to 40, you will get the information you need. Or check on anyone who wrote about dr fagbohun and read their posts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by apex555(m): 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Phema:
Phema:
justwise:
greetings
to every body in the house I am one of the positive active member of dv lottery winners forum 2014 in particular check my profile for confirmation I start from stage of asking questions from people ,but by the grace of God I end up in answering people questions this grate site as help me so mush to achieve my goal and I have made up my mind to help people in this site to the best of my knowledge.
by the special grace of God I am now in USA phoenix Az as a green card holder and with the help of God and mr Omoniyi555 and his family i have the most soft landing you can ever think of and this is a man i no from no where and he as help many people from Nigeria dat can be a witness to what I am saying
many as come to give birth here and he give them accommodation with social amenity's free ride from the air port to the last day you want to go back to Nigeria helping them with their baby american passport with Nigeria visa so many things to talk about
(my good moderator mr just wise) I will huge you to please just allow him to share little of what he have for our people no contact share and no one will ask any body to send money b4 they can get their say I promise you that
he will just the way he fill he can be of a help to our people coming over to give birth to their new Americana thank you so mush for ur usual cooptation looking forward to ur approve [color=#006600] [quote author=Phema]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
apex555:

greetings
to every body in the house I am one of the positive active member of dv lottery winners forum 2014 in particular check my profile for confirmation I start from stage of asking questions from people ,but by the grace of God I end up in answering people questions this grate site as help me so mush to achieve my goal and I have made up my mind to help people in this site to the best of my knowledge.
by the special grace of God I am now in USA phoenix Az as a green card holder and with the help of God and mr Omoniyi555 and his family i have the most soft landing you can ever think of and this is a man i no from no where and he as help many people from Nigeria dat can be a witness to what I am saying
many as come to give birth here and he give them accommodation with social amenity's free ride from the air port to the last day you want to go back to Nigeria helping them with their baby american passport with Nigeria visa so many things to talk about
(my good moderator mr just wise) I will huge you to please just allow him to share little of what he have for our people no contact share and no one will ask any body to send money b4 they can get their say I promise you that
he will just the way he fill he can be of a help to our people coming over to give birth to their new Americana thank you so mush for ur usual cooptation looking forward to ur approve [color=#006600]

Lets trade carefully here, i'm not going to endorse anybody and wouldn't want to be held responsible when things goes wrong.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by apex555(m): 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
justwise:

Lets trade carefully here, i'm not going to endorse anybody and wouldn't want to be held responsible when things goes wrong.
my Good moderator mr just wise I rely appreciate you for ur Good job here and a way of securing the safety of our people from hand of 419 God bless you ijmn
God bless you all and all our expectation will not be cut short ijmn

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 4:11am On Jul 08, 2014
Could anybody tell me what does MIHS appointment letter consist of?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fruitfulie: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2014
I had my interview today but was refused?though married almost a year ago, I was told I had no social tie.
Didn't understand anyway but I feel it's because I applied alone. I would have been at Eldorado. Please lemme ask how soon I can reapply.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2014
Hello House,

Please I need some advice from you.

I would like to have my baby in the US though I am due to deliver in January 2015 I would like to start laying the ground work now.
I have been issued a B1/B2 US visa before which expired in February 2013 (I used it 2wice) but my husband has never applied for a US visa before and we would like to go together. Please I want to know if:

1. I can apply for a new visa through the drop-box program and if this may affect me at POE since I will not have the opportunity to explain at interview that I am going to give birth

2. How and when my husband should apply

I will really appreciate your responses. Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2014
GenoMI]Hello House,

Please I need some advice from you.

I would like to have my baby in the US though I am due to deliver in January 2015 I would like to start laying the ground work now.
I have been issued a B1/B2 US visa before which expired in February 2013 (I used it 2wice) but my husband has never applied for a US visa before and we would like to go together. Please I want to know if:

1. I can apply for a new visa through the drop-box program and if this may affect me at POE since I will not have the opportunity to explain at interview that I am going to give birth

2. How and when my husband should apply

I will really appreciate your responses. Thank you very much.[/quote]

I don't think you are eligible for the drop box as well. You should have applied before your visa expired. From the look of things, it is advisable to apply and go together as a couple.
Start correspondence with hospitals and get letter of responsibility, do a spreadsheet for all the cost associated. make sure you have a good account balance for whoever is sponsoring you. Get appointment with a doctor. With all these, I think you are good to go for the interview. As previously said on this thread, be truthful during your interview..
All these, I have learned on this thread! All the best!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by olaomo: 11:32am On Jul 08, 2014
just send him an email his email address is fagbohunmd@yahoo.com

Anyone!!!!

tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.