Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,799 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:04 AM

Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting (75108 Views)

Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) / Buhari Speaks On Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen (Full Statement) / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by ipobarecriminals: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
sad iPOB miscreants are behind wanton destruction of properties/looting spree

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by berbs: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
Assuming they burnt down his residential buildings, he'll know what'up. Shior.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by gambia(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
[s]
helinues:
grin

Jagaban of Borgu land has spoken.....

Slayers of Ipob and Pdp miscreants
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
He might be the one and he might not
Start using your brain and stop judging because of what you see on social media
To manipulate people reasoning is easy on social media
No proof he ordered the army
This dude is planning on running for president and their are people that will definitely want to ruin him
OR would you want to vote for someone that was accused of massacre?
So it might be politics in play
This might be one of their tactics to get him down
So he may be innocent or guilty
But if you think he's guilty you better have proof and not just what you read on social media.

As for me I don't care if he's guilty or innocent
I don't like any politician nor any political party
I practice political apathy.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by kingscare1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
We4all:

Big man. But we need first hand information from you on what actually happened at Lekki toll, gate, then we can negotiate business.
ok Boss.
Do you have any offer for me?
Please I really need to start work
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by wristbangle: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
Your plan to become a presidential candidate in 2023 is DOA let alone a president. This man thinks we are fool right?

Hearing alpha beta alone irks my ears and hell gate at the entrance of lekki hence extorting Lagosians, etc. Is this man alright?

Na wao! He shouldn't dare speak in the public. That will be his undoing. Werey buruku!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Olarewaju89: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
This man don dey brainwash his people again undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
BigSarah:
It’s still business as usual, there’s no bright side to the protest and chaos... Next!
Tinubu is a bastard

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by jaytii(f): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
Depressed101:

You don't know who ordered the soldiers to shoot your people. Something you denied never happened... So who did... Because you must tell your people who ordered the shooting... You are almost like a moral leader to them... And I am sure you know who did.. So tell us and stop releasing facelifting press statement

Cut the crap.
You think anyone can just order soldiers around?
Why is this man causing you and a lot of other uninformed guys sleepless nights?
Burutai should be held responsible for the soldiers stationed at the toll gate, because it was on that day operation crocodile smile became operational.

I still don't know why no one has thought about this and related it to the shooting at the toll.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Willie007: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Just see the route this man wants to use to reopen toll gate ... If confirmed many died there then the place should become a memorial for the dead and no toll ever collected there again because of the price already paid in blood

Is it someone that has been blinded by greed u are telling that to

So far money, politics and wealth are concerned, tinubu is ready to burn Nigeria to d ground to achieve them

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by iReddington: 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tunde Rahman or whoever writes for Tinubu always does a good job. That was well put together.
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
BigSarah:
It’s still business as usual, there’s no bright side to the protest and chaos... Next!

There is for some people.
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by largeman4u(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
All those fools that cut video in the middle to cause violence. Your generations will not know peace.

Let us youth come together as one and make nigeria great. 2023 is almost here.

#endsars
#endpolicebrutality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Politicowizard(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
Mtchew!
Next pls.

Must this man see everything from the prism of politics? Using 75% space to talk about your political enemies while 25% was used to express FAKE sympathy/concern.

You can keep decieving yourself.
Your first press statement has shown where you stand.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by arukwe123(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
Is there any likeable thing about you. Oju Yawbor!! undecided
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by ghettochild(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
[b][/b]Those who have decided to hate me will hate me regardless of the truth. Again, they have the right to think as they may and I am not troubled by their unfounded animus. Today, I speak not to them. I leave them to the workings of their own conscience.

Don't worry baba, in 2023, u will be troubled
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by lomprico(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
you are a killer!
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by wristbangle: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
Olarewaju89:
This man don dey brainwash his people again undecided

Which people? Probably his family and few friends.

The words said about him in public is corrosive than witchcraft.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by sokera: 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Just see the route this man wants to use to reopen toll gate ... If confirmed many died there then the place should become a memorial for the dead and no toll ever collected there again because of the price already paid in blood
it really unfortunately that we lost people there but yet life goes on ... Lagos needs rebuild all damage infrastructure... over 300 BRT buses built .. lagos needs money more than ever...leave the decision of the toll to the government to decide ...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Elite14(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:
cool

* Sir Obafemi Awolowo was vilified till death... His only offense being a successful Yoruba Politician , they concocted all lies and once he died they started showing fake love

* Chief Moshood Kashimawo Abiola was vilified till he lost his last breath, his only crime he as a Yoruba dared to aspire for the Office of the President of Nigeria

just say whatever it is u want t say
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Enwhen(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
SuperBold:

Hmm God will judge us for our deeds, you will come back stronger, any one that abuse our leader and culture will invoke the wrath of all of us.

Bro don't let them decieve u with tribal politics ... Baba Tinubu is not different from other political thieves in other region,Lagos is the starting point , just watch and see how other states will follow Lagos steps , if they have not started ...they closed borders, they increased everything , even after the lockdown , there is serious hardship in land , people are hungry and frustrated , these are the main reason , not all those shit that Baba was saying ... We always blame people for every failure but take the praises for every success. This is not the time to look at our passive enemies , this is the time to really and truly look at the people , and know what's up about their welfare ... Nigerian political leaders should be prepare this is just the beginning of more to come , the land is angered and people are suffering ... With the continuous increase in commodities and hardship , our leaders should be prepared to face reality .... When Boko haram started under GEJ, instead of him to spring into action , he was blaing opposition then , and today , the then opposition are blaming the the then ruling party ...when bandits attacked the southern Kaduna people , instead of Gov El-Rufai to spring to action , he was busy blaming them of killing themselves , same thing to the benue people in 2018... Baba Tinubu , should start getting things right , it wouldn't be too late for him to learn ... We are going to see other state follow suit...I just saw it that Fmr speaker Dogora , house has been Ramsack and burnt by the abandoned people... This is just the beginning , tougher days ahead , the earlier these leaders see it , the better for them .

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Spiritz: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
Nigerian hate successful people, wherever Tinubu is today he has paid the Price, for so many years he was an opposition politician now that his party is in power haters would not let him be

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Olarewaju89: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
wristbangle:

Which people? Probably his family and few friends.

The words said about him in public is corrosive than witchcraft.

Thank God you know
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by olatuns2017: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
THE #ENDSARS PROTESTS; A FUNDAMENTAL LESSON IN DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE

I heavily grieve for those who have lost their lives or been injured during the period of these protests.

2. My deepest sympathies go to their families and loved ones for none should have been made to pay such a dear price. My career as an active politician spans nearly three decades.

3. In that time, I have seen many things as Nigeria has struggled, sometimes against itself, to undertake the often painful yet inexorable push toward democratic government accountable to, and protective of, the people.

4. Here, let me directly address the sharp point aimed against me. I have been falsely accused of ordering the reported deployment of soldiers against peaceful protesters that took place at Lekki on 20 October 2020.

5. This allegation is a complete and terrible lie. I did not order this or any assault against anybody. I would never want such a vile thing to happen nor did I have any prior knowledge about this sad event.

6. It is my firm belief that no one should be harassed, injured or possibly killed for doing what they have the constitutional right to do in making their contribution to a better, more equitable society.

7. As a political figure, I am accustomed to people attributing to me all manner of indiscretions of which I have no knowledge and in which I played no role. I have usually ignored such falsities as the cost of being in the public eye.

8. This time, it is different. The allegation now levied against me is that I called on soldiers to kill my own people. This allegation is the foulest of lies.

9. The use of strong force against any peaceful protesters is indefensible, completely outside the norms of a democratic society and progressive political culture to which I aspire and have devoted my public life.

10. That people were angered by the reports of violence and death is acutely understandable.
Understandably outraged, people sought to hold someone accountable.

11. For various reasons, I became the most available scapegoat. Some people don't like me because they believe the false rumours uttered about me over the years. Some maligned my name because they hide ulterior motives & harbour unrequited political scores they intend to settle

12. A week ago, such people tried to bring enmity between me and the state and federal governments by contending I was sponsoring the protests.

13. When that did not work, they then sought to sow enmity between me and the people by saying I ordered soldiers to quash the very same protests they first accused me of organising.

14. My opponents have every right to oppose me politically but let them have the courage to do so in the open, above board and to employ facts not evil fiction in their efforts against me.

15. They have no right to slander and defame anyone with the terrible and vile fabrications now cast at my feet.

16. Those who have decided to hate me will hate me regardless of the truth. Again, they have the right to think as they may and I am not troubled by their unfounded animus. Today, I speak not to them. I leave them to the workings of their own conscience.

17. The slander aimed at me is based on the untruth that I own the toll gate concession. The hate mongers prevaricate that I ordered the Lekki assault because the protests had caused me to lose money due to the interruption of toll gate activity.

18. I ask people to thoroughly investigate the matter of my alleged ownership of the toll gate. By seeking facts, instead of being swayed by gossip, you will find I have no ownership interest or involvement in the toll gate.

19. At bottom, the toll gate is a public asset. If it is reopened, revenues should be donated to the confirmed victims of the Lekki attack as well as to other identifiable victims of police brutality in Lagos.

20. Let government use the money to compensate and take care of those who have lost life or limb in the struggle for all citizens to go about the quiet, peaceful enjoyment of life without fear of undue harassment at this or that checkpoint.

21. On the other hand, I am, indeed, a promoter and financial investor in The Nation and TVC. It was widely known and circulated through social media that certain malevolent elements were going to take advantage of the situation to attack the Nation newspaper facilities & TVC.

22. These elements, mostly hirelings of my political opponents, wreaked their havoc and destroyed those buildings and facilities and I thank God that the employees of these two media institutions managed to escape largely unharmed.

23. There is no rationale that can adequately explain why I would order soldiers to repel peaceful protesters from the toll gate where I have no financial interest, yet, choose to do nothing to protect my investments in the Nation and TVC.

24. The good and creative people of Lagos have worked hard over the years to build it into the dynamic economic and cultural focal point it has become. Lagos has enjoyed over two decades of sustained, uninterrupted growth.

https://twitter.com/AsiwajuTinubu/status/1320417942299955207?s=19

They will never believe in all these narratives!

They hate you more because U help bring Buhari to power in 2015

The only thing U can do to reduce the hate towards you is to give igboman president or help them achieve Biafra

These guys don't want one Nigeria again

Maybe regional government may change the narratives...

As at today you are the enigma of local n national politics in Nigeria!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by cooltola(m): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
The Jagaban has spoken.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by fdigital(m): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
very insensitive of him
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Sannisege: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
Asiwaju my political idol. I love you sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
maak400:
Tinubu you will never become president, this Fulani govt will finish you politically before 2023, they will send you to jail to bring you down completely. You betrayed the whole south and supported blood thirsty Fulani cabal to power in 2015 and 2019 despite all of buhari’s antecedents. Greedy thieving man pocketing all of Lagos money.

#RestructureNigeriaNow

If he hadn't supported Buhari, he would have still supported another Fulani
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by pepperdemzombie: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Dem curse una with Tinubu? Why is everbody silent on James Nwafor and his cohort?
Useless people not happy his home was not burnt down.
Just because he said some people need to leave Lagos? Is he right or not?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Meto1234(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jagaban himself. Baba be careful oo any slight mistake again,u done crash be that.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by simplyshade: 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Wee you fill the blank space? cheesy
TecM0:
cool

* Sir Obafemi Awolowo was vilified till death... His only offense being a successful Yoruba Politician , they concocted all lies and once he died they started showing fake love

* Chief Moshood Kashimawo Abiola was vilified till he lost his last breath, his only crime he as a Yoruba dared to aspire for the Office of the President of Nigeria

They have started with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Soon it would be Professor Yemi Osinbajo SAN

the aim is simple destroy Yorubas and it's political leaders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Soldiers Spotted On Building Guarding President Tinubu At Eid Ground (video) / Atiku Reacts To 'Meeting' Hushpuppi, Replies APC / Nigerian Prisoners Who Escaped From Jail Dehumanized By Ghanaian Authorities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.