Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,757 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:03 AM

Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting (75103 Views)

Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) / Buhari Speaks On Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen (Full Statement) / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by meliziz12(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
You didn't , Sanwolu didn't. Buhari didn't, buratai didnt,police head didn't. Who did. But the way what about other places that protesters were killed who told those police men to shoot......does it mean that Nigeria can't find the owners of the SUV that brought those thugs to attack peaceful prostesters? What about the number plate of the Brt and the driver?... Can't they be brought and asked who sent them. Now you gave them 5k they finished it and started looting shops! Yes the ones that looted the shops were the politicians sent! All of you continue to lie to those that will believe you... Fools!
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
You must be a really stupid person to think Tinubu ordered soldiers to come and shoot at protesters. Yes, I was at Lekki tollgate on that unfortunate day, I was only lucky to escape without being shot, but that wouldn’t make me blind and blame Tinubu. If I’m to hold anyone responsible it’ll will the CSO of the state Sanwo-olu and The fura drinking, cow-shagging dullard in Aso-Rock...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Angelfrost(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lanrelagboi:

14. My opponents have every right to oppose me politically but let them have the courage to do so in the open, above board and to employ facts not evil fiction in their efforts against me.

The above is something I find quite intelligent and engaging!!!... Over to you opponents!
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Omoslim26: 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hate him all you like a thief like almost every other politifcian in the Country but this man is really a political figure sociopolitical influence to Nigeria and Africa at large

Jagaban of Eko anytime any day twice on a Tuesday

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by pacespot(m): 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
This guy is dead politically, the only thing left is that he is yet to be lynched by the mob. I will watch the turn of events in the coming days to see if Nigerians are actually worth fighting for.
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
baby124:
You came on national TV in arrogance and laughed in the face of those who died. That was not a mistake. You had time to think about your first speech. You only release this bullshit when people expressed disgust at the stupid press conference. I am sure even Sanwo Olu was alarmed. You bring your foolish son who contributed to loss of lives to also laugh like hyena on TV. So that those who lost children can cry very well. Agbaya. Agba ti ko to nkan.

Kini wo? Omode ti Ko l'eko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by nograv: 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
ipobarecriminals:
sad iPOB miscreants are behind wanton destruction of properties/loot spree

Sharrap you govt poster.. IPOB have nothing to do with the govt shooting its citizens or govt sponsored thugs running amok in Lagos??

Time will deal with zombies like you..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by sapientia(m): 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kai.

So what will those people claiming that there was no shooting do now?

Well..

We have heard what you asked face to face

It sounded louder.

The truth will hit you all.

Just time

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by AroleOduduwa2: 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Whether he becomes President or not....

What he's achieved - your entire generations past, present and future COMBINED can't achieve 1/ 1 trillion..

If I were you, I would refocus my energies on productive things unlike my ancestors ooo.

Feel free to accept my advice or discard. But it is the bitter truth.

May God never leave us as "counters" of others' billions - imaginary or real. grin

Quick to attack others, show us your generation achievements? If there is any
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by pepperdemzombie: 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Spiritz:
Nigerian hate successful people, wherever Tinubu is today he has paid the Price, for so many years he was an opposition politician now that his party is in power haters would not let him be
They are just not happy his house wasn't burnt down and still making efforts just like he is responsible for their miserable lives or James Nwafor is supplying him with human spare parts.
They saw bullion vans but didn't see the crowd that he gave the money to. How many looters share money?
The Yatch Diezani bought, how many people have enjoyed it with her?
Just because he and Oba said some people need to leave Lagos, are they right or wrong? Miscreants everywhere!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Kuginzi: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
We know those who hate you. Na them-them from.......
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nchenches: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tinubu, you attracted hatred to yourself, even before #ENDSARS revolt.

You are APC ruling party leader; a bag of rice is N38,000 while minimum wage is N18,000 in APC-led government. Yet your APC still thinks that all is well with Nigeria.

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by SmartPolician: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
maak400:
Tinubu you will never become president, this Fulani govt will finish you politically before 2023, they will send you to jail to bring you down completely. You betrayed the whole south and supported blood thirsty Fulani cabal to power in 2015 and 2019 despite all of buhari’s antecedents. Greedy thieving man pocketing all of Lagos money.

#RestructureNigeriaNow

Stop writing NONSENSE

You are not a president maker

Many people said this NONSENSE about Buhari, but he is the president today.

Stop being emotional and act like a man

Use plans and strategies, not emotions like a market woman

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by peeddy(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
THE #ENDSARS PROTESTS; A FUNDAMENTAL LESSON IN DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE

I heavily grieve for those who have lost their lives or been injured during the period of these protests.

2. My deepest sympathies go to their families and loved ones for none should have been made to pay such a dear price. My career as an active politician spans nearly three decades.

3. In that time, I have seen many things as Nigeria has struggled, sometimes against itself, to undertake the often painful yet inexorable push toward democratic government accountable to, and protective of, the people.

4. Here, let me directly address the sharp point aimed against me. I have been falsely accused of ordering the reported deployment of soldiers against peaceful protesters that took place at Lekki on 20 October 2020.

5. This allegation is a complete and terrible lie. I did not order this or any assault against anybody. I would never want such a vile thing to happen nor did I have any prior knowledge about this sad event.

6. It is my firm belief that no one should be harassed, injured or possibly killed for doing what they have the constitutional right to do in making their contribution to a better, more equitable society.

7. As a political figure, I am accustomed to people attributing to me all manner of indiscretions of which I have no knowledge and in which I played no role. I have usually ignored such falsities as the cost of being in the public eye.

8. This time, it is different. The allegation now levied against me is that I called on soldiers to kill my own people. This allegation is the foulest of lies.

9. The use of strong force against any peaceful protesters is indefensible, completely outside the norms of a democratic society and progressive political culture to which I aspire and have devoted my public life.

10. That people were angered by the reports of violence and death is acutely understandable.
Understandably outraged, people sought to hold someone accountable.

11. For various reasons, I became the most available scapegoat. Some people don't like me because they believe the false rumours uttered about me over the years. Some maligned my name because they hide ulterior motives & harbour unrequited political scores they intend to settle

12. A week ago, such people tried to bring enmity between me and the state and federal governments by contending I was sponsoring the protests.

13. When that did not work, they then sought to sow enmity between me and the people by saying I ordered soldiers to quash the very same protests they first accused me of organising.

14. My opponents have every right to oppose me politically but let them have the courage to do so in the open, above board and to employ facts not evil fiction in their efforts against me.

15. They have no right to slander and defame anyone with the terrible and vile fabrications now cast at my feet.

16. Those who have decided to hate me will hate me regardless of the truth. Again, they have the right to think as they may and I am not troubled by their unfounded animus. Today, I speak not to them. I leave them to the workings of their own conscience.

17. The slander aimed at me is based on the untruth that I own the toll gate concession. The hate mongers prevaricate that I ordered the Lekki assault because the protests had caused me to lose money due to the interruption of toll gate activity.

18. I ask people to thoroughly investigate the matter of my alleged ownership of the toll gate. By seeking facts, instead of being swayed by gossip, you will find I have no ownership interest or involvement in the toll gate.

19. At bottom, the toll gate is a public asset. If it is reopened, revenues should be donated to the confirmed victims of the Lekki attack as well as to other identifiable victims of police brutality in Lagos.

you don't own it but yet you talk with authority on ho tye proceeds should be spent when it got opened. Just thinking out loud.
20. Let government use the money to compensate and take care of those who have lost life or limb in the struggle for all citizens to go about the quiet, peaceful enjoyment of life without fear of undue harassment at this or that checkpoint.

21. On the other hand, I am, indeed, a promoter and financial investor in The Nation and TVC. It was widely known and circulated through social media that certain malevolent elements were going to take advantage of the situation to attack the Nation newspaper facilities & TVC.

22. These elements, mostly hirelings of my political opponents, wreaked their havoc and destroyed those buildings and facilities and I thank God that the employees of these two media institutions managed to escape largely unharmed.

23. There is no rationale that can adequately explain why I would order soldiers to repel peaceful protesters from the toll gate where I have no financial interest, yet, choose to do nothing to protect my investments in the Nation and TVC.

24. The good and creative people of Lagos have worked hard over the years to build it into the dynamic economic and cultural focal point it has become. Lagos has enjoyed over two decades of sustained, uninterrupted growth.

https://twitter.com/AsiwajuTinubu/status/1320417942299955207?s=19
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Moganajoe: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
Racoon:

Youth that have protested peacefully for almost two weeks? Two incongruent statements just to sound politically correct and please your slavemasters even with a dastard incident like the Lekki shootings & killings? Well,Tinubu is one blinded by ambition and was ready to compromise anything to get it.You only harbour love, which borders on obsession, for your vain and lofty ambition to rule Nigeria.

Anybody that believe this brown teeth man called Tinubu can as well believe that no warehouse have been vandalized or looted.

Tinubu wrote the script of Lekki massacre to Jibril and Burutai.
If he knows nothing how did military sniper get to the roof of Oriental hotel? His desperation to power comes 2023 is equal to nothing.
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by toluene2016(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
nograv:
How can you grieve for something you created?

Sadly at this point, I see no reason why the youth wont simply try to destroy the system entirely.

As these old men seem incapable of doing the needful...

Now read what you wrote again and ask yourself if it makes sense... so when you are done destroying the system what next? start to build again so ask yourself if destruction is a brilliant move?

we should focus on "righting the wrongs" and not destroying the system

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by dahnimoh(m): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
We hear

Let's embrace peace
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by BlackPantherxXx: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:

Quick to attack others, show us your generation achievements? If there is any

Cry as much as you can. But far more than your generations combined can dream of.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by baby124: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

Kini wo? Omode to Ko l'eko
Ki lo Mo? Owo ni kan lo wa lopolo e. Omo abi pabe. Omo akotileta.
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Okoyagroove68(m): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Let the panel choosing carry on their are investigations and should start from lcc how the street light off,
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Kuginzi: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
SonOfAfonja:
You must be a really stupid person to think Tinubu ordered soldiers to come and shoot at protesters. Yes, I was at Lekki tollgate on that unfortunate day, I was only lucky to escape without being shot, but that wouldn’t make me blind and blame Tinubu. If I’m to hold anyone responsible it’ll will the CSO of the state Sanwo-olu and The fura drinking, cow-shagging dullard in Aso-Rock...
Your comment started well, not until u introduce insults and tribalistic statement in it.
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Nobody hates you. We only hate the spirit of greed and corruption in you. You'd be retired popitically soon

Prove the corruption and stop ranting.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by SmartPolician: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Nchenches:
Tinubu, you attracted hatred to yourself, even before #ENDSARS revolt.

You are APC ruling party leader; a bag of rice is N38,000 while minimum wage is N18,000 in APC-led government. Yet your APC still thinks that all is well with Nigeria.

Stop distorting facts

The minimum wage has been increased to 30k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by mascot87(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
capitalzero:
9.The use of strong force against any peaceful protesters is indefensible, completely outside the norms of a democratic society and progressive political culture to which I aspire and have devoted my public life.

But sir your online hoodlums are defending use of strong force against lekki protesters. Lekki massacre is now part of our history . Some of them will quote me now

You people are foolish and very unreasonable. Where was the Massacre at Lekki toll gate? With the high number of people that got injured in the shooting and with the flashing light from the gunshot I saw on video, I think it's "blank bullets" that were use. Oh sorry, you may not know what that is but you can find out. No massacre at Lekki toll gate. It's fake news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Eriokanmi: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
LegendHero:

Says someone who is a NOBODY!

You are not the one that took him to the position where he reached, and you cannot decide his fate with mere words.

Asiwaju omo olodo ide, Jagaban of Borgu!

Mo ti gbo. We shall see who's nobody and who's somebody soonest.
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Zenithpeak(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lanrelagboi:

I heavily grieve for those who have lost their lives or been injured during the period of these protests.

2. My deepest sympathies go to their families and loved ones for none should have been made to pay such a dear price. My career as an active politician spans nearly three decades.

3. In that time, I have seen many things as Nigeria has struggled, sometimes against itself, to undertake the often painful yet inexorable push toward democratic government accountable to, and protective of, the people.

4. Here, let me directly address the sharp point aimed against me. I have been falsely accused of ordering the reported deployment of soldiers against peaceful protesters that took place at Lekki on 20 October 2020.

5. This allegation is a complete and terrible lie. I did not order this or any assault against anybody. I would never want such a vile thing to happen nor did I have any prior knowledge about this sad event.

6. It is my firm belief that no one should be harassed, injured or possibly killed for doing what they have the constitutional right to do in making their contribution to a better, more equitable society.

7. As a political figure, I am accustomed to people attributing to me all manner of indiscretions of which I have no knowledge and in which I played no role. I have usually ignored such falsities as the cost of being in the public eye.

8. This time, it is different. The allegation now levied against me is that I called on soldiers to kill my own people. This allegation is the foulest of lies.

9. The use of strong force against any peaceful protesters is indefensible, completely outside the norms of a democratic society and progressive political culture to which I aspire and have devoted my public life.

10. That people were angered by the reports of violence and death is acutely understandable.

11. For various reasons, I became the most available scapegoat. Some people don't like me because they believe the false rumours uttered about me over the years. Some maligned my name because they hide ulterior motives & harbour unrequited political scores they intend to settle

12. A week ago, such people tried to bring enmity between me and the state and federal governments by contending I was sponsoring the protests.

13. When that did not work, they then sought to sow enmity between me and the people by saying I ordered soldiers to quash the very same protests they first accused me of organising.

15. They have no right to slander and defame anyone with the terrible and vile fabrications now cast at my feet.

16. Those who have decided to hate me will hate me regardless of the truth. Again, they have the right to think as they may and I am not troubled by their unfounded animus. Today, I speak not to them. I leave them to the workings of their own conscience.

17. The slander aimed at me is based on the untruth that I own the toll gate concession. The hate mongers prevaricate that I ordered the Lekki assault because the protests had caused me to lose money due to the interruption of toll gate activity.

18. I ask people to thoroughly investigate the matter of my alleged ownership of the toll gate. By seeking facts, instead of being swayed by gossip, you will find I have no ownership interest or involvement in the toll gate.

19. At bottom, the toll gate is a public asset. If it is reopened, revenues should be donated to the confirmed victims of the Lekki attack as well as to other identifiable victims of police brutality in Lagos.

20. Let government use the money to compensate and take care of those who have lost life or limb in the struggle for all citizens to go about the quiet, peaceful enjoyment of life without fear of undue harassment at this or that checkpoint.

21. On the other hand, I am, indeed, a promoter and financial investor in The Nation and TVC. It was widely known and circulated through social media that certain malevolent elements were going to take advantage of the situation to attack the Nation newspaper facilities & TVC.

22. These elements, mostly hirelings of my political opponents, wreaked their havoc and destroyed those buildings and facilities and I thank God that the employees of these two media institutions managed to escape largely unharmed.

23. There is no rationale that can adequately explain why I would order soldiers to repel peaceful protesters from the toll gate where I have no financial interest, yet, choose to do nothing to protect my investments in the Nation and TVC.

24. The good and creative people of Lagos have worked hard over the years to build it into the dynamic economic and cultural focal point it has become. Lagos has enjoyed over two decades of sustained, uninterrupted growth.

I expected you to call for investigation and prosecutions of the erring people connected to the sad event.

I also expected you to surrender yourself and your son Seyi Tinubu for questioning at the appropriate police department or panel of enquiry.

Thank God you didn't deny it happened like sanwolu and many other unreasonable people who would rather lie to stay within the evil fold than speak the truth and purge their conscience of eternal condemnation.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by klawaaa: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Only if this fool called Tinubu would have been sincere to talk opening like this, i believe many of the anomaly might have been avoided.
Lanrelagboi:

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by PS712: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
People in Lagos and in all parts of Nigeria should sieve the chaff from the grain. There are bad elements who have taken advantage of the protests to cause untold hardship to others, reason across the nation some have taken to looting even private business premises.
It's true no sane society develops without people freely expressing their various views, no matter how different they are, provided it's done in civil manner, but the current state of hijacking protests and turning them violent spells doom. No government or political party or interest group should descend so low as what goes around comes around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Philistine(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
baby124:
You came on national TV in arrogance and laughed in the face of those who died. That was not a mistake. You had time to think about your first speech. You only release this bullshit when people expressed disgust at the stupid press conference. I am sure even Sanwo Olu was alarmed. You bring your foolish son who contributed to loss of lives to also laugh like hyena on TV. So that those who lost children can cry very well. Agbaya. Agba ti ko to nkan.
Tinubu is ur father's age mate, yet nobody in ur lineage either dead or alive has ever achieved one-tenth of what tinubu has achieved. Na ur papa be the Agbaya!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Reject Sai Babarism.

Cc lzaa

[s]
Lanrelagboi:

[/s]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Kuginzi: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
pacespot:
This guy is dead politically, the only thing left is that he is yet to be lynched by the mob. I will watch the turn of events in the coming days to see if Nigerians are actually worth fighting for.
Pls are u one of the hoodlums?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by aviara: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
Soro soke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Soldiers Spotted On Building Guarding President Tinubu At Eid Ground (video) / Atiku Reacts To 'Meeting' Hushpuppi, Replies APC / Nigerian Prisoners Who Escaped From Jail Dehumanized By Ghanaian Authorities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.